Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 4AGZE Emissions Test results, where to find??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
LadySX
Regular

May 2002
4AGZE Emissions Test results, where to find?? Mon, 30 September 2002 04:51 Go to next message
I have come up with a brilliant idea!
I am trying to chase up a copy of the emissions test that would have been carried out on the 4AGZE in Japan at the time of production.
My reasoning being that who cares where the test was carried out, as long as it has been right??
This will give me something to work with when tuning my car so i know what parameters it needs to be within, and will also tell me if the engine fits in with Australian standards also.
Anyone know how or where I can get a copy of this information???
  Send a private message to this user    
troyboy
Regular

May 2002

Re: 4AGZE Emissions Test results, where to find?? Mon, 30 September 2002 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u know...

my guy who engineered my car said that it is the importers job to have those emission tests you speak of done for it to even been sold in Aust...

now i am not sure if he is playing ignorant or what .. but, my engineers cert is all good .

i did however require a emission test at the rta... for pollution and noise test like any other car...

LadySX
Regular

May 2002
Re: 4AGZE Emissions Test results, where to find?? Mon, 30 September 2002 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The importers need to do that when importing a car for compliance, not for an engine though, which is my dilema. As far as I have been told, the 4agze has not ever gone through an emissions test within Australia
MaNGeW
Forums Junkie

Formerly TRD_RoLLa

May 2002
icon4.gif  Re: 4AGZE Emissions Test results, where to find?? Thu, 20 March 2003 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wanna find out where i go to do the emission testing.
Which RTA facilities etc?
Penrith and Botany right? any others?

Whats the test called "Emissions Test"
IM240??

They do noise and emissions ?
Should i leave my supercharger turned on or switch it off?

What u ppl do?

Apparently ive herd its free.

Twinky
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4AGZE Emissions Test results, where to find?? Fri, 21 March 2003 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mangew - Yeh its called the IM240 test, either penrith or botany. Yes its free. Im pretty sure the IM240 is just emissions.

I think if you have a cat and all the polloution gear, then it should pass. My bro's did (looking at the IM240 report in front of me)

The epa does noise testing, needs to be under 90db @ 4000rpm Confused

I think his failed the epa noise one though and he got his stocker put on for it (like 1 1/2") and then it passed. Not 100% though I will have to ask him.
[mikey]
Regular

May 2002

Re: 4AGZE Emissions Test results, where to find?? Fri, 21 March 2003 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You have to follow the emissions guidelines set by the RTA for that year of production, who cares what the Japanese levels are as they have to relevance to the Australian test, they are tested at low speed and load in Japan, where as tested at higher speed and loads here. So find the right numbers for your year, ask the EPA and tune to that with a four gas analyser.
troyboy
Regular

May 2002

Re: 4AGZE Emissions Test results, where to find?? Sat, 22 March 2003 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah .. got mine in penrif ...
free ... but u need to book ...
i left everything on as normal i was fine!

Smile

BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 4AGZE Emissions Test results, where to find?? Sun, 23 March 2003 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you can, keep the car warm or get it warm before they take it on the rolling road/dyno. Catalytic converters give lowest emissions when hot, & warm up enrichment doesn't smell too good to the EPA.
Bugman can verify that. Smile
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4AGZE Emissions Test results, where to find?? Sun, 23 March 2003 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can I?
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 4AGZE Emissions Test results, where to find?? Sun, 23 March 2003 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wasn't it you that failed emissions cos the dude tested it while it was cold & while it had warm up enrichment on?
Please don't tell me I'm going crazy..... Shocked Very Happy
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4AGZE Emissions Test results, where to find?? Sun, 23 March 2003 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
crazy cos I haent been tested.. i mean... ummm...

no it wasnt me
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 4AGZE Emissions Test results, where to find?? Sun, 23 March 2003 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, hopefully whoever it was will read this & confirm my sanity. Rolling Eyes
MaNGeW
Forums Junkie

Formerly TRD_RoLLa

May 2002
Re: 4AGZE Emissions Test results, where to find?? Mon, 24 March 2003 00:12 Go to previous message
thanks joel.
i'll do so.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Good engineers
Next Topic:Quick question re: brakes.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 18 11:40:08 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060040950775146 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.