Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » AE82 Hub positioning difference on 4age & 4ac models?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Singlecam
Regular

May 2002
icon5.gif  AE82 Hub positioning difference on 4age & 4ac models? Sun, 16 March 2003 12:51 Go to next message
I've been told that the hub sits in further under the guard, closer in to the body on the twincam version of the ae82 in comparison to the singlecam version. Can anyone shed any light onto the subject and confirm or deny this?

I'm planning to do a gze swap soon and i'm having trouble finding rims to fit the car without protruding out of the front guards. Does anyone know where the ze hubs will sit and what size width wheels i SHOULD be able to fit under there.
  Send a private message to this user    
haggis
Regular

May 2002
Re: AE82 Hub positioning difference on 4age & 4ac models? Mon, 17 March 2003 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As far as the AE82 models go, there should be no difference. I have a sedan running a twin cam front suspension setup (hubs struts etc) and have noticed no change in where the wheel sits in relation to the guard. The only part i havent swaped was the control arm, and they are the same any way.

Also, i run 14x6 rims, and they fit under the guards front and rear. I am running standard suspension ride height tho, but they still dont rub. Just have to get the offset in the rims right.

I have no idea on the GZE hubs tho.

Craig.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: AE82 Hub positioning difference on 4age & 4ac models? Tue, 18 March 2003 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just buy the damn cut timmy Smile

do the conversion.. when the wheels still dont fit. Kick the tyre shop in the nads
Singlecam
Regular

May 2002
Re: AE82 Hub positioning difference on 4age & 4ac models? Sun, 23 March 2003 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well thank you for that wonderfull insight there Lenny Rolling Eyes

If u can find me a map sensored cut that is in ok nick and at a reasonable price i'll buy it straight away. All i can seem to find is lousy afm cuts at present. It sucks, a month ago there were plenty of map sensored cuts, now i'm ready to go it gone all dry Mad
Singlecam
Regular

May 2002
Re: AE82 Hub positioning difference on 4age & 4ac models? Sun, 23 March 2003 10:54 Go to previous message
oops, double post

[Updated on: Sun, 23 March 2003 11:01]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:2t geu t-18 conversion
Next Topic:A few more 7MGTE q's, about the CT26 actually
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 10:20:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0038120746612549 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.