Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
sebta22
Regular

August 2002
skyline diff Sat, 22 March 2003 03:07 Go to next message
I have just purchased a r31 skyline diff (can rememeber if auto or manual car) to put in a ta22. I have pulled the back housing cover off the diff and it is a four pinion and 3.7 ratio diff. Can anyone tell me whether it is 28 or 25 spline diff without me removing the axles?

cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: skyline diff Sat, 22 March 2003 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All R31 Skyline diffs are 28 spline, Pintaras are only 25 spline. 28 spline diffs have 4005-MA on their serial tags.
Clint!
sam_
Regular

December 2002

Re: skyline diff Sat, 22 March 2003 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey what work does the skyline diff need to go in the ta22? shortened etc ?
sebta22
Regular

August 2002
Re: skyline diff Sun, 23 March 2003 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Clint!

To get the R31 diff into TA22 you need to shorten and move all brackets from TA22 to R31. This will cost me about $800 to do. Stud pattern is the same and they come standard with discs.

The handbrake has to be slightly modified to allow discs.

I am upgrading fronts as well, with pug/hilux/corona conversion, the master cylinder needs to be modified.

I have heard that conflicting reports about the bore of the master cylinder. Some say you should keep the same bore to get the extra pressure on the discs while some say you need to increase bored to allow for greater volume in hydraulic fluid movement. Which is correct????
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: skyline diff Sun, 23 March 2003 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a shortened B/W diff with TA22 brackets fitted and celica stud patten. I'm looking at selling this if anyone is interested!
About $750 I would be after!
physh
Regular

May 2002
Re: skyline diff Sun, 23 March 2003 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Shane,

is that diff you're sellin disc or drum?
was it shortened and balanced at the same time? who by?

I'm interested either way - my diff on one of my TA22s is a little flakey.

PM or email me bud, I'm in Canberra.

Nick
sebta22
Regular

August 2002
Re: skyline diff Tue, 25 March 2003 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clint are you sure that all skyline diffs are 28 spline as the serial tag on the diff states P/N 43006-J711 (different from 4500-MA)
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: skyline diff Tue, 25 March 2003 18:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As far as your master cylinder goes, most people have replaced theirs with a G/M/JZA70 supra master cylinder, which increases the bore from 13/16" to 1", which is a fair bit larger.
Everyone who's done it has been very happy with the results.
Not long ago I put up some alternative MCs to use, both hilux but one was 7/8" and the other was 15/16". Do a search & it shouldn't be too hard to find.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: skyline diff Tue, 25 March 2003 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
other thing to note though - if the master cylinder is for a TA22, i think they have different bolt patterns to a RA2* (2 bolt rather than 4)
Cant remember what fits, but im sure its been covered once or twice
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: skyline diff Wed, 26 March 2003 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TA22 & T18 master cylinders bolt to the booster with only 2 bolts, I think RA** have 4 bolts.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: skyline diff Wed, 26 March 2003 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speaking of master cylinders, is there a 15/16 or 1" cylinder/booster I can slip into my ae86 without too much hassle?
myTA22
Regular

December 2002
Re: skyline diff Wed, 02 April 2003 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just had a look on the tag thats on the BTR78 that i have and it says 5434. What does that mean? Along with that is the part # which is 43005-J7101

Regards

Daniel
hiaaa
Regular

May 2002
Re: skyline diff Sat, 05 April 2003 07:30 Go to previous message
The S/N on my Skyline Silluette LSD (28 spline, 4 pinions)is 43005-J7164.

mrshin: Some of the Starion (maybe later model)got a 15/16 master cylinder, it is a bolt on job. I got the 7/8 master cylinder ATM, and it works very well with the Hilux 4 spots, give good pedal feel.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ATTN: 1jz owners
Next Topic:Rear Tyre size
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 15:39:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045571327209473 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.