Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Wakefield times. Tue, 18 June 2002 11:36 Go to next message
Hi Everyone, I finally got my car sorted and down to wakefield on the weekend so I was looking for some times to compare with.
On the day the best Time I posted was 78.66 (1m18.66s). I was in the 1601-2000L highly modified, so I was just wondering how this compared with others who have had a run down there lately under official time keeping (electronic).

ps
does any one know if we are going to start putting these times up on the record board?
  Send a private message to this user    
Seadog
Regular

May 2002
Re: Wakefield times. Wed, 19 June 2002 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can't believe no-one's posted their times up yet!
Maybe they're too embarassed. I'm not, but the times I have aren't official times, just a mate with a stopwatch, so take them with as much salt as you like.
On the current layout of wakefield I have apparently managed 1:25ish with my KE20 and 1:20.2 with the RZ"250". I know it's not the "official" times you were looking for but there you go.

1:18.66 is pretty good, what mods have you done? Was that a supersprint you raced in?
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Wakefield times. Wed, 19 June 2002 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was the HDCC (Hills District) Group 7 Round... Car Mod's.. well... A 95 Corolla RV (7A), PRC Rally car, Basically everthing bar a turbo. Suspension just need a little bit more Tweaking before I'm completely happy. Rear end needs alot of attention for circuit events at this stage.
billsta
Occasional Poster

June 2002
Re: Wakefield times. Wed, 19 June 2002 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnny, would you konw Gareth M.??
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Wakefield times. Thu, 20 June 2002 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

johnny, would you konw Gareth M.??

No, I'm not in the HDCC.
TRACTION_ISSUES
Regular

May 2002

Re: Wakefield times. Sat, 22 June 2002 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
These aren't official times, but i have done a 1:17.3 in my RA23 Celica, that was the first time i have ever driven on any track anywhere!! It has a 1GGTE, Hilux diff, crappy Pedders suspension and $45 second hand tyres on the back.......next time i go down its goin to be a different story tho hehehe
Dnation
Regular

June 2002
Re: Wakefield times. Sat, 22 June 2002 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive ran wakefield park raceway!! I can get consistent 1.17-1.18s. My best on that day was a 1:17.1 lap time before I got kicked off the track for having a passenger in the car. I own an AE92 corolla with 4AGZE, no engine mods (76kw@wheel in 4th gear at TOYMODS dyno day II, A VERY SHIT ENGINE FOR TRACK USE), with the toyota GZE LSD box, typical suspension mods ie. Jumboz Springs, koni shocks and Falken Azenis Sports 205/50/15 tyres. I reckon I can better that IF I ever improve my crappy driving skills but I dont think I'll ever beat a TYPE-R Integra so I gave up and will sell her in the near future.

Has anyone else got comparable times? One of my friends in his SHITTY EG Civic Si with only about 100kw@flywheel does 1.15-1.16's with suspension mods and Bridgestone 215/50/15 RE540s..
Is that believable?

Dave
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Wakefield times. Sun, 23 June 2002 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Has anyone else got comparable times?

Well my car show's 67Kw at the wheels, 6-spd man, LSD and has TRD shocks with JIC racing struts and springs, Rear's are shot to pieces, with the same tyres, So I reckon your times are fair indication.
Quote:

One of my friends in his SHITTY EG Civic Si with only about 100kw@flywheel does 1.15-1.16's with suspension mods and Bridgestone 215/50/15 RE540s..
Is that believable?

I think this is a bit fishy, and slighty improved SSS pulsar ie suspension, chip and exhuast, running Elf racing fuel managed a high 1.16, very late in the day, massive air temp drop,
(10 Deg.)... With consistent times like that, he would of been close to a REX.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Wakefield times. Sat, 10 August 2002 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
our cars and old holdern calibra and it does from 1.06-1.02
around wakefield. 0.42 around oran south and 1.07 around oran
GP.
race you for pink slips!
haha
mick
Kiwi Jake
Occasional Poster

September 2002
Re: Wakefield times. Thu, 03 October 2002 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can reel off consistant 1.06-1.07 on my 400cc race bike (stock motor) on slicks & 1.08's on treads. Never been round there in a car though. My dad was doing 1.12's in a fairly standard rex round there. Mind you there were some pretty highly modded ones there too who's owners were flat out punting them around at anything under 1.15. I guess driver skill can more than make up for a lack of power if the tyres are resonable and the car handles ok to begin with.
RYC80Y
Occasional Poster

October 2002
Re: Wakefield times. Sat, 26 October 2002 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was just at wakefield at few weeks ago and i dunno if the track has been changed this year those times are incredibly fast!!!!
guys in integra type r's and s2000s run consistently 1:12-1:15
yet again i dont know how much race experience you guys have but these guys belong to the honda sports car club, so maybe the track has been changed...
anyways i ran a 1:21 in a slightly modded civic vti-r, yet again im a shit driver (first time) no suspension work
it was quite fun, there was a highly modded gtr that ran 1:12 and a 300kw silvia running 1:10 which makes me beleve the track is different...
anyways maybe you guys are incredible drivers! hehe
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Wakefield times. Sun, 27 October 2002 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I know the Honda club, was the There a red and a black type R? I know last time the back Type R was those times.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Wakefield times. Sun, 27 October 2002 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RYC80Y wrote on Sat, 26 October 2002 18:01

anyways i ran a 1:21 in a slightly modded civic vti-r .... no suspension work

With stock suspension, did it look anything like this coming onto the straight?
http://www.luc1d.net/other/wakefield/2002/images/100-0050_IMG.jpg
Very Happy
RYC80Y
Occasional Poster

October 2002
Re: Wakefield times. Sun, 27 October 2002 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HAHAHHA yeah it probably did!!!
but ive thrown on some eibach prokits and koni yellows now so it should take them harder
what would suspension work do to my lap timeS??

still no one answer my questions...how come those times are so quick from the previous posters
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Wakefield times. Sun, 27 October 2002 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

still no one answer my questions...how come those times are so quick from the previous posters

Well the times below are from the following-
A 750cc motorbike: 1.06-1.07
Holden Calibra sports sedan:1.06-1.07
WRX: 1.12
SSS Pulsar, Modified street: 1.17-1.16 (mate's car)
Grp A Corolla Seca rally car: 1.18-1.17 (My Car)
The level of experience on the track has a lot to do with it, the Rally cars is mine, I've being doing this stuff for five years. After going there several times, you get use to the racing lines through the track. Where you have to postion your car for the next turn, where the best braking area is so you don't lose speed through the corners. If you get this right, you'll actually feel that you went slower, because everything is much smoother, but in fact 99% of the time your quicker. What I'm getting too, worry about techinque and your times will drop. The pic shows the civic being way too wide and struggling with understeer, I take a much closer line to the inside.

Now, The car setup - has front and rear brake bias, larger brakes and calipers, I use several different choices of tyres, DMS shocks, camber kits (I chucked the TRD stuff), Highly modded engine (120-125Kw), aftermarket ECU.... the list goes on!! The car is purposely set up for competition, sure a car with more Horsies will beat it down the straight, where I will lose all the time to bigger classes, but under brakes and through the corners not many can keep up. Last time there I was nearly into the 1.16's, but engine failure stopped that!

Now looking at the civic, I see heaps of body roll, So a good suspension setup will work marvels with strut braces, better tyres, and may some mods such as exhaust, airfilter, you should see your time drop to the 1.18, no prob. A bit of practice, you'll see times that compare to the SSS or quicker, Get rid of your interior, well? The SSS only has minor engine mods and a really good suspension setup, it is street driven.
I'll never get down to low 1.16's or high 1.15's as I'll need extra grunt to offset the extra weight of the safety gear, Roll cage and bash plates on my car, and I'm sure yours would. If its capable in my has, hence why not yours?
Ribbo
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Wakefield times. Thu, 31 October 2002 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or did it look like this hehe
bit of fun I had a wakefield
http://www.luc1d.net/other/wakefield/2002/images/100-0048_IMG.jpg

[Updated on: Thu, 31 October 2002 23:30]

Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Wakefield times. Fri, 01 November 2002 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

or did it look like this hehe
bit of fun I had a wakefield

Closer... I usally start the slide Before the apex!! ie
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~tazlk/25802a.jpg
But it's good to see that it still looks like your having fun!!
RYC80Y
Occasional Poster

October 2002
Re: Wakefield times. Sat, 02 November 2002 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool, wish i had rear wheel drive
so do you guys all go to wakefield together?
i was wondering when u's would be going next, maybe i might come along Very Happy
hanging to try out my new suspension
seb_ae82
Occasional Poster

May 2002
Re: Wakefield times. Sun, 10 November 2002 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Last I was there (October) the following times on my stopwatch:
MX5: 1:25
Elise: 1:09 - 1:12
Skyline GTR: 1:08 - 1:10
Auscar Commodore: 1:05
Formula Holden: 0:59 - 1:01!!!!!

I know the decent drivers in the WRX club run 1:10 - 1:12 with fairly standard cars running "semi race" tyres like Falken Azenis and Dunlop D01. The average drivers run 1:15.

Are there different track layouts? The only extension I can see is the hillclimb track. Cos Motor magazine BFYB had Cam McConville and Ambrose's lap times and they were slow compared to the times above. They managed 1:16 in the new Elise! The guy with the Elise I met at the track only had some suspension work (koni shocks, new springs) and a set of Dunlop D01's and he got 1:09 after one lap tuition from a guy in a PRB Clubman. Can suspension and tyres give 7 seconds, considering the Elise is pretty well set up from factory, and Motor used professional drivers versus occasional track day guy?!?! They also got 1:12 in an Evo VI, 1:14 in M3, 1:15 WRX STi.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon14.gif  Re: Wakefield times. Mon, 11 November 2002 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The "semi race" tyres alone are good for 2-3 seconds....
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Wakefield times. Mon, 11 November 2002 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Cos Motor magazine BFYB had Cam McConville and Ambrose's lap times and they were slow compared to the times above.

I noticed this in the article(Bang for bucks), I even pulled out my time sheets to check! I'm 100% sure I could do better then the times they published in the same cars, considering that in a past daily driver, '97 RV seca, I was doing mid 1:20's and this was stock!
hybrid
Newcomer

November 2002
Re: Wakefield times. Mon, 11 November 2002 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dnation wrote on Sat, 22 June 2002 22:16

Has anyone else got comparable times? One of my friends in his SHITTY EG Civic Si with only about 100kw@flywheel does 1.15-1.16's with suspension mods and Bridgestone 215/50/15 RE540s..
Is that believable?

Dave

Hi Dave! Wink

You still don't believe my Civic can get around Wakefield Park in 1:16.5x (aprox). I'm no pro at this game but like you guys, I am still learning new things every time I hit the track.

Talk is big but something to back it up is even better Smile. I have a video of me inboard of my car that day (My car has only been on the track once) that'll show you I'm not lying. Razz

http://members.optushome.com.au/pndesigns/civicwak efield.avi

Right click and Save file As. (8.5megs)

It has been a while now but from what I can remember with the mods I had were...

Car:
1992 Civic Si (Hatchback)

Engine:
Intake pipe + filter
4-2-1 Hotbits header
Hi-Flow Cat
2 1/4 exhaust system

Handling:
Bilstein Sport shocks (Front left at the time was leaking)
Apexi WS springs
Standard F/R Sway bars
Gab Front strut bar
Type-R Rear Strut bar
ART F/R High temp brake pads
Cusco master cylinder brace
Bridgestone RE540S (50% worn) in 215/50/15 (Tyre size was abit overkill for the car, to big in diametre which made the gearing taller).

Since it was such short notice about the track day, I didn't have enough time to get my wheels alligned or get the front left damper fixed.

I feel I still can better the time as I know the track alot better now than before. Practise makes better I guess Smile

RYC80Y: I was also there @ the Honda NSW track day. Was driving my friends Type-R (DC2's & DC5) and I do recall seeing a EK4 with a Integra VTiR with some personalised plates I can't remember. Did you have fun? Smile

[Updated on: Mon, 11 November 2002 14:51]

BuddyClub
Newcomer

November 2002
Re: Wakefield times. Mon, 11 November 2002 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hybrid does run 1.16s saw with my own eyes. Honda's kick ass around the track well at least the Type Rs. He also drove my car with just Spoon Springs and hit consistent 1:14s with bald front tyres
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Wakefield times. Tue, 12 November 2002 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

1.15-1.16's with suspension mods and Bridgestone 215/50/15 RE540s..

Yeah, Wakefield is setup for cars that handle and brake well....
Quote:

Bilstein Sport shocks
Apexi WS springs
Standard F/R Sway bars
Gab Front strut bar
Type-R Rear Strut bar

Here's the Proof, With the right gear, any car will be faster, power really doesn't count, but is helpful on the track.
Quote:

Talk is big but something to back it up is even better

Time slips from the electronic timing? No can argue with this.
hybrid
Newcomer

November 2002
Re: Wakefield times. Tue, 12 November 2002 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johnny wrote on Tue, 12 November 2002 13:07

Quote:

1.15-1.16's with suspension mods and Bridgestone 215/50/15 RE540s..

Yeah, Wakefield is setup for cars that handle and brake well....
Quote:

Bilstein Sport shocks
Apexi WS springs
Standard F/R Sway bars
Gab Front strut bar
Type-R Rear Strut bar

Here's the Proof, With the right gear, any car will be faster, power really doesn't count, but is helpful on the track.
Quote:

Talk is big but something to back it up is even better

Time slips from the electronic timing? No can argue with this.

Sadly I didn't get timed by laser that day. Cost extra for the organisers to hire. I was timed by a few friends with stop watches who got very identicle times. .1x .2x give or take. You can also time while watching the video, use objects on the track as refrence. This was at the Bel Performance track day.

I have been officially timed by laser at Wakefield not to long ago in my friends Integra Type-R @ the 'J's Racing' meet where they issued tropheys etc.. In a Type-R with H&R springs, headers, exhaust & Falken Azenis RS 205/50/15 (Btw, these are not real semi slicks, they are classed as sports tyres). Everything else was standard, brakes, engine etc..
http://users.tpg.com.au/120a2014/pics/DSC00591A.jpg
I managed to get 1:12.01.

My fastest around the track would be in another Type-R with similar mods to the above plus brakes, proper coil-overs and with Bridgestone RE540s.
http://members.optushome.com.au/mugenr/Wakefield%20Park/03-05-02/WP3May02_0385a.jpg
With a stop watch, 1:11.07.

Friends will be attending a meet @ Eastern Creek on the 19th of Dec. Any of you TOYota's want to play with some real cars? Razz
RYC80Y
Occasional Poster

October 2002
Re: Wakefield times. Tue, 12 November 2002 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
awesome times there guys
any track days coming up soon??
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Wakefield times. Tue, 12 November 2002 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Friends will be attending a meet @ Eastern Creek on the 19th of Dec. Any of you TOYota's want to play with some real cars?

You could come to Oran Park and Play with the NSWSS boys on the 1st Dec try and have a go against a sport sedan or two Rolling Eyes
I would like to come on the 19th, but Bathurst Speed weekend is on... I need to re-claim something I lost a couple of years ago.
hybrid
Newcomer

November 2002
Re: Wakefield times. Tue, 12 November 2002 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johnny wrote on Tue, 12 November 2002 14:58

Quote:

Friends will be attending a meet @ Eastern Creek on the 19th of Dec. Any of you TOYota's want to play with some real cars?

You could come to Oran Park and Play with the NSWSS boys on the 1st Dec try and have a go against a sport sedan or two Rolling Eyes
I would like to come on the 19th, but Bathurst Speed weekend is on... I need to re-claim something I lost a couple of years ago.

NSWSS? sounds like they are full race cars? That's abit unfair for a street Honda to take on a full race car. Well, maybe it's better competition cause the average TOY cars are no match! Laughing Razz

I love healthy competition! Honda Vs Toyota! bring it on! Cool
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Wakefield times. Tue, 12 November 2002 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Wakefield times. Tue, 12 November 2002 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll Have to try again!!
Quote:

NSWSS? sounds like they are full race cars? That's abit unfair for a street Honda to take on a full race car.

Nar It's really good, heaps of classes to cater for different cars and Mod's, Real Eye opener when you are pitted against a sports sedan Shocked , and heaps more fun when both cars do similar times Very Happy
Quote:

I love healthy competition! Honda Vs Toyota! bring it on!

What about and Audi? Sorry guys, Sad I just bought one last week, and it flys... Rolling Eyes But I still love and have the Corolla!! Razz Evil or Very Mad
seb_ae82
Occasional Poster

May 2002
Re: Wakefield times. Tue, 12 November 2002 23:22 Go to previous message
Re-read the Motor Bang For Your Bucks article. They added the kink on the little uphill section instead of the straight. That would explain the slow times.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Do NOT mess with me.
Next Topic:funny story
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 21 04:44:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051469802856445 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.