Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Thoughts on Levin/Trueno (not the AE86)?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Soarin
Regular

June 2002
Thoughts on Levin/Trueno (not the AE86)? Sat, 29 March 2003 10:25 Go to next message
Hi guys,

I've got a buddy who's interested in buying one... I think the chassis code is an AE101? or AE111? Anyway, it's the Levin GT-APEX 20v that he's looking at (or a Trueno equivalent). Which one would you guys prefer (ie. what advantages does each have over the other?)

Thanx

Jose
  Send a private message to this user    
LadySX
Regular

May 2002
Re: Thoughts on Levin/Trueno (not the AE86)? Sat, 29 March 2003 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The 20V Levin is still relatively new to being imported to AUS, I have never seen one on the roads of Melbourne.
If I may ask, how much is the one your friend is looking to buy? What are the specs/options??
I would really like one, that would give me a GZE and 20V, perfecto Smile
Soarin
Regular

June 2002
Re: Thoughts on Levin/Trueno (not the AE86)? Sun, 30 March 2003 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LadySX,

There's actually 4 of them being sold up here in Sydney (Castle Hill)... 3 manuals, 1 auto, ranging from $12999 to about $15000 (I think all 1991 models?)

We took the auto Trueno for a road test (he needs an auto because his girl wants to drive it too and she doesn't drive stick Razz ... that model had larger brakes than the equivalent Levin, factory CD/cass player, power glass and mirrors, comfortable and supportive (for me) front seats, rear wash/wiper, factory spoiler, 4-spd auto and of course... the magnificent 4AGE 20v! Bloody hell that thing revs like no tomorrow (especially for a stocker!)... the one we looked at also had a 6-CD changer in the boot... surprisingly the boot is actually quite large for a small coupe.

Aesthetics-wise I'd rather the Levin, however it misses out on the bigger brakes from the Trueno, but still has the twin tip exhaust etc etc... looks like a mini-Soarer Very Happy The Levin we looked at was the GT-APEX 20v model, which had power glass/mirrors/sunroof, 6-spd manual, once again the magnificent 20v motor and factory upgraded sound system (doesn't sound bad for a new system... includes rear deck mounted midbass driver).

BTW they handle great as well IMO... head room is not too great in the rear... I had to tuck my head down on the test drive and my head still hit the headlining, but legroom is ok as well.
LadySX
Regular

May 2002
Re: Thoughts on Levin/Trueno (not the AE86)? Sun, 30 March 2003 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you happen to get back there at all, is it possible for you to take some pics of them??? I would love to see what they look like. Sounds like I would want the Levin GT-APEX. Very reasonable price too in my opinion
LiL_MiC
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Thoughts on Levin/Trueno (not the AE86)? Sun, 30 March 2003 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go the manual! It's worth teaching the gf to learn manual!

I think these cars are meant to compare well to a civic VtiR coupe but cheaper!

I've only ever seen one in real life and it looked good. It was not registered at this time tho.
Soarin
Regular

June 2002
Re: Thoughts on Levin/Trueno (not the AE86)? Mon, 31 March 2003 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LadySX,
I've actually got 2 pics but they're on my phone and my computer doesn't have an IR port to upload them Razz

LiL_MiC,
That's what I've been telling him for the last few days! And it
definitely looks GREAT.

BTW, here's some pics from the dealer website... these pics don't do them justice!

http://www.uniqueautosports.com.au/Images1a/Toyotas/levinfront.jpg
http://www.uniqueautosports.com.au/Images1a/Toyotas/levinside.jpg
Toyota Trueno, auto...

http://www.uniqueautosports.com.au/Images1a/Toyotas/blacklevinside.jpg
Toyota Levin GT-APEX 20v Shocked
LadySX
Regular

May 2002
Re: Thoughts on Levin/Trueno (not the AE86)? Tue, 01 April 2003 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They soooooo need to be dumped on their ass!!!
Soarin
Regular

June 2002
Re: Thoughts on Levin/Trueno (not the AE86)? Wed, 02 April 2003 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gotta admit though they look great eh?! Very Happy
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Thoughts on Levin/Trueno (not the AE86)? Thu, 03 April 2003 20:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats one fucking great lookin car.
i had for a while an ae92 GTZ levin - that was one impressive piece of work i loved that car but alas not to be complied for use over here.

roll on the 15 year rule.......will have one again methinks.
LadySX
Regular

May 2002
Re: Thoughts on Levin/Trueno (not the AE86)? Thu, 03 April 2003 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got to drive the ae92 Levin as well before I did my engine conversion, I liked it, so the guy cut the car in half for me! lol
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Thoughts on Levin/Trueno (not the AE86)? Fri, 04 April 2003 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they are FWD arent they ?

shame in a way if they are -they would be a nice RWD sportycar - pretty !
Soarin
Regular

June 2002
Re: Thoughts on Levin/Trueno (not the AE86)? Fri, 04 April 2003 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The AE92 is a nice shape as well, I noticed quite a few when I went overseas (Philippines), but they were US-spec models.

And yup they're FWD, but they handle pretty well!
LadySX
Regular

May 2002
Re: Thoughts on Levin/Trueno (not the AE86)? Tue, 08 April 2003 01:06 Go to previous message
The ae92 handles fantastically, especially compared to the AUS delivered version. The import I ended up getting half of stuck to the road, I was very impressed. They also had a great interior, and even climate control Sad
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:corolla ae86 rwd gt coupe
Next Topic:Performance Forums closing
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 06:58:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046920776367188 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.