Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » 19th of June creek meet!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
YOGI8U
Regular

May 2002

19th of June creek meet! Thu, 06 June 2002 09:31 Go to next message
Last night at the creek I distroyed my clutch and gear box!
Today i started the full rebuild.
Because Iam getting ready for another hit on the 19th (in two weeks)

So here i am throwing out a challenge to every guy/girl, low life and wannabe!
Be at the creek on the 19th

over the past few weeks I have seen far to many ego's getting bigger over whos the best!

So you have talked the talk, now walk the walk!
be there boys and we will see who is the best! ( you know who you are!!)

too everyone else, the creek is maddest fun you could have on a wednesday night, so please come!

hope to see you there
YOGI8U
  Send a private message to this user    
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 19th of June creek meet! Thu, 06 June 2002 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
listen my car IS THE QUICKEST IN THE CLUB!!!
Can't prove it though,diffs f%^ked or was it the clutch slipping,maybe it's not running right on the 19th.I have to work that night,or is it mums b'day,it's got to be someones b'day.
listen yogi I can run you tomorrow no worries you just name it.
Don't bullshit me about your car being in peices everyone has heard that one before hehehe
YOGI8U
Regular

May 2002

Re: 19th of June creek meet! Thu, 06 June 2002 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats the one dude!
you sumed it up in one!
so you muumies boys out there! c'mon!
thunderbird1
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 19th of June creek meet! Thu, 06 June 2002 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well well well Wink ... We all know that your car is pretty fast yogi B bear Wink ..... but... look out for another 4agte in a red MR2... if you do come to the dyno day, you might have some comp!!

PS... Your challenge for coming to the creek stands along side my challenge that you come to the dyno day Smile

PSS... I can't afford slicks but hey "peats ridge" is a level playing field Wink

Luke
YOGI8U
Regular

May 2002

Re: 19th of June creek meet! Fri, 07 June 2002 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
luke who?
its funny how you always try to find cars to beat me after i wooped you!
bring it on!

i seen the red mr2 at the creek and well, iam not worried!
peats ridge is fine with me but i would prefer to see you at the creek!
but let me guess? you still havent got an engineers cert?

and why do i need to go to a dynoday, when i have nothing to prove after winning my class for the last two meets? can you say the same?

see you at the creek if you have the balls, woops sorry TIME
to turn up?
thunderbird1
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 19th of June creek meet! Fri, 07 June 2002 18:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"its funny how you always try to find cars to beat me after i wooped you!
bring it on!"

When??? Smile

"i seen the red mr2 at the creek and well, iam not worried!"

I would be.

"peats ridge is fine with me but i would prefer to see you at the creek! but let me guess? you still havent got an engineers cert?"

Thats right. Nearly finished the conversion. It has taken longer than i wanted, all i need to do now is change the filler neck. I need to find a weekend to do it.

"and why do i need to go to a dynoday, when i have nothing to prove after winning my class for the last two meets? can you say the same?"

I don't build cars for Dyno performances, i do it for pleasure so the dyno day is something i never expect to do well at. And yes, why not try for 3 times in a row, or are you scared?? Smile

"see you at the creek if you have the balls, woops sorry TIME
to turn up?"

Well thats a low blow, to hit a hard working man between the legs. Its unfortunate i work nights, being a musician is like that, we play at night and i can't get them off. No work, no money. No money, no bits.... or paying others to do stuff Razz hehe.

I have the balls mate, its just a matter of time Smile I love a challenge, maybe you could bring some V8 gravel munchers for some action up at peats ridge???? Its all good up there mate. ITs the STREET, on STREET tires, no advantages Smile

Cya ROund

Luke
jake
Occasional Poster

May 2002
Re: 19th of June creek meet! Sat, 08 June 2002 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Yogi do you know where i can get a tow truck from so i can tow Vinces finger out his arse all i am waiting for is the turbo and manifold to be coated exhausted to be put on and the new clutch and he reckons another week or 2 and then i have to learn how to drive the pos the new drag strip will be open b4 i get it back. F~^king shit f~^king, crap mother bitch stupid car i am over this whole fast car shit i am out of here.

Cya's all round

Jake
V8Celica
Regular

May 2002
Re: 19th of June creek meet! Sat, 08 June 2002 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8 gravel munchers,that sounds like a challenge? forget Peats Ridge try Airds Rd.Thunderbird 1 your car might be quick but i have seen 1jz Cressidas with minamal mods and they only run around the mid 13's,you might scare the odd hitchhiker or even a stock Rexy but dont try racing anything quick you may end up looking a little stupid Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
YOGI8U
Regular

May 2002

Re: 19th of June creek meet! Sat, 08 June 2002 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Luke,you should be worried!
the red mr2 is a taliban engine waiting to happen!

and why do i need to go to a dyno day and stand around waiting, waiting, waiting.
when i have one down here i can use when ever, plus i want someone else to win it (hopefully someone who apricates the trophy!)
also dude! iam still using street tyres!

[Updated on: Sat, 08 June 2002 03:45]

thunderbird1
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 19th of June creek meet! Sat, 08 June 2002 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You guys are a classic... Joe's modified Cressida stil in twin turbo form ran a best of 12.8 at the creek, i'd expect mine to be running mid 13's at the moment... i'm just trying to fire you guys up so some action happens in the up and coming months. Don't take it all to seriously. You know what i do when i come up against something quick, i run them, and i run them hard and i lose, but i still Love it and get respect for not backing out or saying " ahh the clutch was slipping " ... Its all good boys.

As for standing around waiting waiting... thats part of the day, the club atmosphere, where you can tell others how you "built" your motor, give people ideas.

I'm prepared to blow out teaching and a Gig for this creek thing, balls out in the wind to run a 13, $250 down the drain to spend $50 to show someone that i have the balls to run down an uphill 1/4 mile, I'm gonna do it but mate, i'll chose peats ridge and a Gtech over eastern creek anyday, Engineered or Not.

Luke
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 19th of June creek meet! Sat, 08 June 2002 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd like to come along. Last time I was on my way out there and started raining.. Fingers crossed it wont happen again.

Only expect 15s though ..
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 19th of June creek meet! Sat, 08 June 2002 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yogi, spoke to my mum and she said no way I'm not allowed to drag on a school night Cry
Tried asking dad (stay at his house that night) but mum was a wake up to it and said I could only go if I left my car at home.
I'll try and sneak out in dad's landcruiser. hehehe
If a get a chance and I can afford it and some repairs before hand I will be there (fingers crossed)
TRACTION_ISSUES
Regular

May 2002

Re: 19th of June creek meet! Mon, 10 June 2002 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fuck ya's all !!!! Watch out for a mighty 2 pot Sherpa knocking on ur door's!!! She is a deadset weapon!!!
MODS...
-2 cyl. 665cc bored/stroked to 1000cc
-Trust T88-34D sitting on custom manifold
-makes 590hp @ the wheels at 42psi
-best time so far of 10 flat (with 200m of wheelspin)

or i could just sit at home and work on my "other" car, more interesting.....
GAZZAke25
Regular

May 2002
Re: 19th of June creek meet! Wed, 12 June 2002 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will be there for sure. I am keen to see how I will go. Hopfully nothing goes wrong with my car before then or at the drags as it has to get me back to Canberra after the drags.
See you guys there.
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 19th of June creek meet! Thu, 13 June 2002 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dont break it GAZZA, I wanna see it at Wakefield on the 23rd!

Phil
Twinky
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 19th of June creek meet! Thu, 13 June 2002 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do they full study your engineers certificate and write your details down, or do they just have a quick squiz???
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 19th of June creek meet! Sun, 16 June 2002 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yogi,sorry mate count me out this time I have a problem with fuel delivery and the funds to over come the problem aren't availible yet.I was hoping to have it sorted before hand but it is not looking good at the moment.If I can and I get my hands on the bits I'll work all night to get it there.Pissed off things were looking good for this in every other department but there is no point killing the engine
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 19th of June creek meet! Tue, 18 June 2002 21:50 Go to previous message
Should be there guys (if the weather permits).

Just gotta run a few things by ya's:
1) how much is it to run your car.
2) Are there any special requirements eg rego papers etc.
3) Do you have to wear a helmet? If so is my Motor-Bike Helmet good enough?

Though i might give the Corolla a pass and see what sort of times I can slowly get ! Embarassed

TURBORA28:
Dude, if your leaving from the coast, what time you leaving? We're leaving Erina at about 5:30pm after work.

ANYONE ELSE FROM THE COAST CRUISING DOWN?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Weight-Watcher's Pics (8/6/02) - Part I...
Next Topic:I'm in Newcastle... Sunday 16th..TODAY
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 05:32:53 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052199363708496 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.