Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MS-75
Regular

June 2002
Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Mon, 17 February 2003 01:43 Go to next message
So-anyone?
Obviously that morbost (or whatever it was) celica is #1 (10.06 or something?)-but after that-what? I think there is at least 1 11 sec poopra-and that 11.8 sec jap m/sport soarer. What else?

how 'bout a list with time (as much info as possible-60 ft etc, ET, trap speed etc) Start posting them up!

And no-G tech does not cut it-nor do hand timed runs-track times or nothing.

Sean
  Send a private message to this user    
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Mon, 17 February 2003 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is a certain 1FZFE T04 equpped coupe close by yet? Razz
MS-75
Regular

June 2002
Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Mon, 17 February 2003 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very. Will finish the exhaust manifold tonight, trans is done, have a radiator that was originally made for a 454 commodore, have the intercooler, wastegate, have a 28 spline LSD from a skyline. I'm just seeing what I've got to aim for...... (mind you-10.06 is pretty much out of reach to begin with realistically)

How's your 2JZ corona going?
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Mon, 17 February 2003 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good stuff! Send some pics and host them if you want. Whenever, no rush. Plenty of turbo Ford 250s in the 10 second bracket, so not unrealistic!
The Corona, well, I'm about to start wiring in the ECU, so I'm about 2 weeks away from start up.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Mon, 17 February 2003 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's possible to run under 10 with a mkIV (not using cheaters)

btw, did that celica do it on roadies or cheaters?
wastegate
Regular

May 2002

Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Sun, 09 March 2003 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Sub Zero (read: riced up) Mk4 Supra ran 10.8x on circuit slicks recently if I remember... 13x mph... don't quote me on that, I'm a bit rough on it.

A friend from Adelaide has run 12.1 in his 7M powered MK3 Supra (auto, slicks, with hiflowed CT26), soon to come out with some BIG numbers following the installation of a real turbo and an aftermarket ECU.

His brother has just turned 217rwkw from his Mk3 (manual, hiflowed CT26.. either 14 or 16 psi, stock injectors), so he should be pretty quick as well... I'd say into the 12's once he puts some real boost into it. I hate quoting dyno figures as they're all bullsh!t and subjective, but it gives a rough idea of it's potential I guess.

[Updated on: Sun, 09 March 2003 01:42]

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Sun, 09 March 2003 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont know why people keep quoting their times on cheaters. only in australia.. the jap racers are sensible enough to always run on street legals
wastegate
Regular

May 2002

Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Sun, 09 March 2003 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(using friend's account)

Draven - it all gets to a point where it becomes dangerous to test the full potential of your car on street tyres, and even on the street... so it is interesting to see how fast you can go on slicks. Especially with today's 'democratically chosen' road laws... having a 'true street' car becomes a bit irresponsible. I'm not saying I don't do it, but when you have to drive to work you can't afford to get reamed by some do-gooder for giving it a hit on the highway... or to lose control at the track because your car stepped out at 130mph...

A friend ran 11.8@126 in COMPLETE street trim (optimax, street tyres, full exhaust) in his RX7, but all he was doing was getting more and more dangerous. Out came the slicks, race fuel and a race tune and he's run 10.0 now - much more safely than before too. If that's cheating then the man is guilty.

Some cars just don't lend themselves to street tyres either.. be it because they have a more street or circuit oriented suspension, or a number of other reasons... some cars just sh!t wheelspin (particularly light cars). Cars like Cressida/Soarer/Supra are great as they transfer a lot of weight over the back for traction... but cars like Celicas/Coronas/Corollas aren't really ideal - especially since they often run 175's and the like from the factory.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Sun, 09 March 2003 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know
I'm not so much against that... more the people who claim their car is faster because they test it on slicks, especially if it's running above an 11
TA22-3SGTE
Regular

May 2002
Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Sun, 09 March 2003 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok lets get the ball rolling , I'll start .

Car 1971 ST TA22 Celica
Motor 3SGTE ( Hi flowed CT26 )
Boost 21 LBS
KW 260 RW
Tyres 205/60/13 street
1/4 mile 12.2 @ 120mph

Trevor
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Sun, 09 March 2003 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now thats some no bullshit figures Very Happy I love it Surprised
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Sun, 09 March 2003 18:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
holy shit
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Sun, 09 March 2003 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice man, nice.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Sun, 09 March 2003 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TA22-3SGTE wrote on Sun, 09 March 2003 23:28

Ok lets get the ball rolling , I'll start .

Car 1971 ST TA22 Celica
Motor 3SGTE ( Hi flowed CT26 )
Boost 21 LBS
KW 260 RW
Tyres 205/60/13 street
1/4 mile 12.2 @ 120mph

Trevor

Hi,
just wondering if you have the 60 foot times etc. that is some real nice MPH but by the looks of it you may have had traction problems. Definitely a lot more potential.

later
TOY77
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Mon, 10 March 2003 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
don't forget bout the ra28 with the twin turbo 1uz.....
it ran in the 9's first time out....
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Mon, 10 March 2003 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hah light car on street tyres.. traction problems??!??!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Mon, 10 March 2003 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah
it's a car weighing in at 1000kg, and it's only got 205 rubber out back. major traction issues.

is that 1uz celica street legal?
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Mon, 10 March 2003 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
apparently yes it is. In the article it has number plates and a rego sticker, and they say thats it steet driven. but hey, if it is, then i'm going to live in perth then. Qld laws are shit compared to them if thats legal!
[TOYROTA]
Regular

July 2002
Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Wed, 12 March 2003 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MS-75 wrote on Mon, 17 February 2003 12:43

So-anyone?
Obviously that morbost (or whatever it was) celica is #1 (10.06 or something?)-but after that-what? I think there is at least 1 11 sec poopra-and that 11.8 sec jap m/sport soarer. What else?

Ummmm... 10.06? You think that's the fastest run by a Toyota in Australia? Well seeing as my next-door neighbour ran a 10.02 in his 13Bturbo Corolla, i think there would be a few quicker than his budget-limited job? Have you failed to notice the tubbed-out PAC Performance-powered TA22 Celcia good for 8's [ROTATR]? Also the three sub-9 second un-tubbed KE3* series corollas? I am however finding that due to the sheer amount of Toyota's running quicker than 10.06, maybe you were reffering to Toyota's with certain limitations to development that you may have simply just forgotten to state in your original post? If so, could you please state these limitations/rules as i think it would be good to get a correct set of answers, something we can relate to. Most likely you were referring to Toyota-powered toyota's, not just toyotas, in which case i would be very interested in reading about sub-10second toyotas that are not powered by Rotors!

Thanks, André
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Wed, 12 March 2003 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Perth has pretty good rules in that, if you're upfront with them, and follow their advice then they are pretty willing to judge cars on their merits.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Wed, 12 March 2003 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the idea was toyota powerplant
hence the 9 sec twin turbo 1uz is probably close to fastest
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Wed, 12 March 2003 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A Celica or Corolla with a rotor is a discrace and shouldn't even be mentioned Twisted Evil Also having tubbed guards puts you in a totally new ball, so cars with tubbed gaurds should not be compared to cars without!

Anyway I think this thread is more Toyota cars with Toyota engines Rolling Eyes
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Sun, 16 March 2003 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not really a toyota any more when you out a sewing machine engine in them

how to scare a rotary owner..race him over 1/8th mile

i blew a 13b turbo rx3 once (1/8th mile)that was about 1.5 seconds quicker than me over the 1/4 . Sure he blew past me but i was pisssing myself lauging

TA22-3SGTE

thats a great time..you coming to dubbo?? ..do you have a time card ( i collect them for my wall of fame)

the best times i know of street toyotas (that i know are true)are

by street i mean no NOS no slicks not tubbed

my wifes Cressida 12.9
another mx 83 1j 13.06
Joey 1jz mx 73 12.8
toyota bike about 10.5 sec(im told)
my 1ggze celica 14.1...snore
my red celica (700 h.p gt40) 5 years an counting Embarassed
yojimbos supra 13.2
moreboost 10.06 ( but with slicks)
another racecraft 1ggte(320 rwkw) 11.7
a supra 7mgte i once saw at eastern creek run 12.6
anonymous 2j supra 11.5 (or 4 cant remember)
Matin donnans soarer ran 13.1

ive heard of plenty of others but they cant produce time cards
so you have to doubt

TA22-3SGTE
Regular

May 2002
Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Sun, 16 March 2003 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
celicamad
I'll try to find it , let you know !

Trevor
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Sun, 16 March 2003 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What about the red 4AGTE MR2 that's been to the last 2 dyno days? That's done an 11.2 I think.
With a standard (ZE, of course) bottom end. Smile
MS-75
Regular

June 2002
Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Mon, 17 March 2003 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep-I sure did mean toyota engines. As far as drag times go-it's really pointless attributing an 8 second corolla to the toyota camp. It's a mazda-no question. As for street tyres or slicks-I don't really care. You run the time or you don't.

So-

Toyota engine (could be a kit car I suppose)
Tyres-anything, but maybe state what type to keep people happy
Martin Donnon
Newcomer

March 2003
Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Thu, 20 March 2003 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
celicamad wrote on Mon, 17 March 2003 00:17

I presume you are talking about me? If so, then thats news!
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Thu, 20 March 2003 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Donnon wrote on Thu, 20 March 2003 17:39

celicamad wrote on Mon, 17 March 2003 00:17

Just nod your head and agree

LOL Razz
[mikey]
Regular

May 2002

Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Wed, 26 March 2003 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Welcome aboard Mr Donnon =]

Actually Bens MR2 ran 11.7 then wasn't allowed to race again since he had no ANDRA license.

Samantha Rigolis AE92 Corolla ran an 11.9 @ 121mph..

celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Wed, 26 March 2003 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

sorry i was sure i read that in zoom or somewhere. if thats wrong then PLEASE correct me
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Mon, 31 March 2003 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i thought gtech readings didnt count

when did your wifes car ever do a 12.9

is that a gtech reading or a actual eastern creek run?
3t-RA40
Regular

May 2002
Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Tue, 01 April 2003 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

i thought gtech readings didnt count

when did your wifes car ever do a 12.9

is that a gtech reading or a actual eastern creek run?

Paul I told you people would start asking questions about the g-tech readings. Just don't tell anyone that you did it on that special tar they put on the road near your house. Very Happy
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Tue, 01 April 2003 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if gtech readings count put me down for a 12.4

they aren't very accurate.

ie Andrews supra 12.8 on gtech

eatern creek time 3 nights later 13.87

3t-RA40
Regular

May 2002
Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Wed, 02 April 2003 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

ie Andrews supra 12.8 on gtech

eatern creek time 3 nights later 13.87

Yes Shane but we all know that Andrew couldn't drive a sharp stick up a dogs ass. Very Happy He's got a bag full of excuses, auto slipping, manual slipping, diff slipping, tyres slipping, intercooler crooked.

Luv Neil.

P.S. Will tell him what I said above when I see him next just so people don't take it the wrong way.

[Updated on: Wed, 02 April 2003 03:16]

celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Thu, 03 April 2003 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually shane these times where not done on a gtech

they where done on a dyno plus(FAR MORE ACCURATE THAN A GTECH)
they use temperature compensation ,altitude compensation and are able to calculate changes in anything other than dead level

Mates using the dyno plus at the creek in the car have reported if ANYYTHING slighlty slower times on the dyno plus by eg 14.48(creek) 13.51 dyno plus.you see the dyno plus start timing as soon as you start to move the timing gear doesnt until you break the beam .so if your not perfectly staged your time may appear quicker than it really is

http://home.kooee.com.au/celicamad/cressida.jpg
i have about 1/2 a dozen of these and actually have one thats is 12.8 but i cant repeat it (it was 2 degrees on the night and foggy)so i dont quote it

i openly quote an average time of 13.3 (i have about 30 of these)

these times where done on 1j straight (famous for lack of traction).JOEYS BEST EVER TIME ON 1J STRAIGHT WAS 13.1 yet he ran 12.8 at the creek

AND gtech times are not inaccurate its the boofheads that use them..(usually people that pay someone to build thier car for them .pinch other peoples hard earned ideas then claim they did it all themselves!!!with the help of a few mates )

if they are not used on a dead level surface the times are always going to be wrong

Andrews BEST ever time on my gtech was 13.4 secs
if andrew ran 12.8 it was over a cliff
Andrew openly admits he stuffed up his launch that night .
( having seen footage of your launches i wouldnt get too cocky)

you are more than welcome to come up and run your car on 1j straight and get some times .but be warned its a lot harder on the street ....no traction compound

lets see how well we all run at dubbo ...well provided your autos not slipping

[Updated on: Thu, 03 April 2003 13:57]

1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Fri, 04 April 2003 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul, no need to get your back up.

As for your shot about the zoom magazine article, i never said i done it myself, grant warne that wrote the article decided that sounded better than the real story his phone number is 02 97480034 if you want to check up on that, he has already contacted the people concerned and apologised.

i am assuming you also are implying that i took credit for other peoples ideas, haven't done that either. i thanked all the people that had input, other than mr joshua that still owes me $1000 in items.

i was having a poke at Andrew mainly which i do to him all the time.

yes my box is stuffed reverse has just about died, it takes about 6 seconds to engage the gear and third is nearly gone to.

the idea of going to toynats is to meet some new people and have fun, get the last bit of use out of this box then send it to MV automatics in SA and get it strengthened and shift kitted, by the way they are the people that told me about the gearbox oil toyota type 4.

so once my box is fixed i would love to come have a go at your dyno grapher.

did you get a surveyor to get 1j straight checked for levelness.

by the way thats a joke im not having a shot at you. Laughing Laughing
wastegate
Regular

May 2002

Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Fri, 04 April 2003 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here is another TURBO A for sale.
http://www.prestigemotorsport.com.au/au/stock/deta ils.asp?StockID=578

celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Fri, 04 April 2003 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane ..im not pissed off i was revving you up.neil rang me and told me give you a stir up Very Happy

i figured you where revving me up anyway

as far as the zoom comment goes .Grant had already filled me in ages ago .and i figured that it was maybe even a stir for josh

sorry if you took it a little serious .i think you actually posted somewhere a thanks to me at some stage (not that i did much)

i actually edited my post last night because i thought it sounded a little cranky .i hate text !i type how i talk and i havent seem a smilie for sarcasm yet!! Rolling Eyes

we all give each other heaps of shit on here (the newy boys).but no one is ever serious .if i was serious i would have rung you up

anyway i hope we are cool

P.S i knew the whole josh story he still owes me a boost controller and a few 1ggze parts

have you tried an additive to the box .i used a nulon auto gearbox additive and it definatley smoothed the box up .it also got rid of a fair bit of slip in my wifes laser .wont fix it but it will reduce slip .

funny enough a mate of mine works for the council .and he dug up the original engineers surveys on 1j striaght for when it was re-surfaced .and yep its DEAD level .

he even had a small section off the side of the road tarred for me to level the gtech on .heheheee

rotatr
Regular

April 2003
Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Thu, 10 April 2003 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
? Have you failed to notice the tubbed-out PAC Performance-powered TA22 Celcia good for 8's [ROTATR]

i got a feeling its not that quick Embarassed

but it would be good if it was Very Happy
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Thu, 10 April 2003 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tubbed and on slicks, it wouldn't suprise me if it could pull an 8.99.
car that weighs buggerall, engine that weighs buggerall, LOADS of traction, and I'm guessing 600+bhp
rotatr
Regular

April 2003
Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Thu, 10 April 2003 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah,

i suppose if it had 600hp at the wheels it could be possible.

it depends on what boost etc...

i know on 14psi with probs it supposedly only made 350rwhp...so on 25psi tunned properly maybe 430rwhp.

thats prob only enough to run a low ten...high 9 ..i think?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Thu, 10 April 2003 19:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds about right
depends how much weight they've managed to strip from it
what was claiming it could run 8s?
rotatr
Regular

April 2003
Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Fri, 11 April 2003 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i think toyrotar mentioned he had heard that rotatr was good for 8's...but its no big deal..i was just commenting that i didnt think it was as fast as that.

sorry for the confusion
MS-75
Regular

June 2002
Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Mon, 14 April 2003 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PAC performance Celica-although massively tough-is a rotor so doesn't count. The WA yellow celica with the 1UZ-GTE is good for 9.2 (I think so-I was looking at the issue of zoom and I think that was what it said).

Wasn't there someone on here recently saying

"hi all .i have a ta22 with tw 1uz fitted with garret gt40(720 h.p)turbos and 20 h.p nos kit

a best 1/4 mile at calder of 8.68(using nos)

any other 1uz boys on here id love to chat"

TWINTURBO1UZ was the tag.

That would mean he is the winner at the moment.

Sean
JZA70T
Occasional Poster

March 2003
icon10.gif  Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Thu, 15 May 2003 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey mr 1jz747 we better tell everone i kicked your asss all over the paddock at dubbo and i was only running a boring set of second hand rubber on the back. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Thu, 15 May 2003 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your a month behind as usual Andy

bout the same place you are when you run people unless you do your usual thing of jumping the start.

and your mate was the one that beat me at dubbo. do we want to admit your mate got a faster time in your car than you could.

he he he

it's ok i still love you andy

Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Fri, 16 May 2003 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
However late in the day, It was Andy who run the 8.72 which earned him equal first place in his division. The fact that Anthony ran faster earlier is irrelevant besides the fact that he beat A LOT of people driving thier own cars.

Also the fact that another person can jump into the Siko-mobile and run so fast is testament to what a great package it is !

So Dont get cut cut cut - Cos you got Chop Chop Chopped!

ChopChop

Chopety Chop

Chop.

Matt

1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Fri, 16 May 2003 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im not cut cut cut matt matt matt.

andy has cut cut cut me 1

and andy has got chop chop choped 47000 times Very Happy
JZA70T
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Fri, 16 May 2003 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
47000 times i would be lucky to have been behind the wheel that many times. Only driven the car 24689 times and after this weekend it will be about 24692 times. So i think i can smell a bit of bullSH#T/super exaggeration around here.
The old siko machine didn't just chop it blew one's pops
(tool box) mobile into the weeds. Very Happy
Left the old octane booster at home, so wonder how much further the beast would have been in front if it was utilised.
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Sat, 17 May 2003 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heheeeeee i think this will be settled at Eastern creek on the 28th

this will be a NO SKIRTS ,NO EXCUSES MEETING

To all thats coming no excuses this time you run what you run
if i get there and run a flat 14 its my own stupid fault not anyone elses

SHANE i have no doubt yout car CAN run faster than it did at dubbo shane but facts are facts

Andrew beat me too ..better driver better car on the day
he put the time and effort into his setup and launches and WON on the day

i too am looking for a rematch (have made a few changes)
But i more than gracefully accept that andy chopped me on the day

Just a few quick points .Andrew DID run 8.72 himself as the driver and has been awarded an equal 1st place trophy for this catagory.Dubbo city car club made an error on the log of Norbies times

NOT taking sides here .but if you look at the log of all the times .of every single run that andy did at dubbo you only ever beat him twice shane .Andy must have done twenty runs or more .

an average of ten best times would put you almost 1/2 a second slower

we are all entitled to one or two bad launches .if you look at you own slowest times im sure you would gladly dispose of them

As many of you know Andrew has brought his car up (to my place)for MANY runs .
After first fitting the manual his 1/8 th mile times and 0-100 where pretty ordinary

However he fitted an LSD and learnt how to drive(well sort of) Very Happy (kidding) .

his 1/8 th mile time at dubbo was actually quicker than his best time on 1j straight.

ANDY and i had a few runs on the way home from dubbo and his car is definatley running MUCH better than previous runs
(still reckon ill chop you at the creek though andy) Twisted Evil

Launching a manual 1j is an art and takes VERY good driver skills .launching an auto is childs play .happy with my current setup i can run the same 0-100 times within 2 tenths every time

Nobody likes giving Andy shit more than me .but the facts are he ran faster than us both .(still cant drive Very Happy though) Twisted Evil

lets just settle this at the creek im sure it will be a competitive match

however as far as dubbo goes Andrew CONVINCINGLY kicked your arse .sorry but fact are facts

He beat me by one tenth 8.72 vs 8.82 .but a win is a win id take it if it was me .

P.s look out Andy grandpas comin back for a rematch ...with a new script of viagra Very Happy Very Happy
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Sun, 18 May 2003 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know all about those manual 1j launching issues.
it's either mass wheelspin, or mass clutch slip for me Razz
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Sun, 18 May 2003 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was just giving you some SSSSSCCCCHHHHTTTTIIIIKKKKK Andy

Paul your right, but he can drive very well sideways.

got my box back in on sunday.

i am stoked. stall is excellent and the shift is very lethal, even with the 265's on the back it lights up and snaps sideways into second and third. Very Happy

really looking forward to the creek
jase
Regular

May 2002
Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Sun, 18 May 2003 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So, you haven't broken it yet?

Shane, if your tyres and diff last till the 28th I'll be impressed.

Did you wake your inlaws up on saturday night? You seemed pretty excited.
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Mon, 19 May 2003 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no mate didn't wake them up.

have had plenty of fun on the way home

LS1 corvette 0

300ZX 0

Cressida 6

Cool
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Mon, 19 May 2003 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane do you still want to bring it up for a few runs .if so let me know
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Tue, 20 May 2003 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont think i will get time. before we go to the creek

trying to get access to some hoosiers and front runners.

it is holding 5 pound boost on the stall and as soon as i let the brakes off it just lights up, so need to get some traction issues sorted for the creek. Shocked

what temp does your box run at around town paul,
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Tue, 20 May 2003 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
could someone please post the list up now of what cars we have?
4SFED
Occasional Poster

July 2002
Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Wed, 21 May 2003 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Wed, 12 March 2003 18:23

A Celica or Corolla with a rotor is a discrace and shouldn't even be mentioned

I am not even going to bite on that one.... Mad
rollaboy
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Wed, 21 May 2003 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BigWorm wrote on Mon, 17 March 2003 05:49

What about the red 4AGTE MR2 that's been to the last 2 dyno days? That's done an 11.2 I think.
With a standard (ZE, of course) bottom end. Smile

Joel is that the same AW11 that was in ZOOM not long ago??
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota 1/4 mile top ten (aus) (or 20-etc) Wed, 21 May 2003 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
I ran 12.17 @ Eastern Creek 2/10/02.
60Foot = 1.66 (yes it was on slicks)
Trap speed 110.97 MPH.

I had only 2 runs that night. Frigged the start on the second run (left the line with 1000rpm on board) and turned 12.7 @ 113.48mph.

I'll see what happens next time out cos the power is up in all of the right places.

P.S Members of Toymods were there on the night.

On stock 3T GTE with boost upped, Std CT20 and intercooler + my Wolf 3D, it went 13.0 @ 103 MPH.

My 3T GTE is now equipped with a CT26 off a 7M GTE.
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Anyone got Ae86 Custom Interior pics ?
Next Topic:Car Sponsorship, how can a company claim back?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 03:16:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010932922363281 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.