Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
inferno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
2TG copper head gasket Wed, 19 June 2002 06:21 Go to next message
anyone interested in a 80thou copper head gasket (thick), never used, reduce compression for boost, still in original packaging+instructions, suit 2TG/2T (possibly 3T/3TG), cost $160, make an offer.

i'm in adelaide, SA.
  Send a private message to this user    
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2TG copper head gasket Wed, 19 June 2002 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it just a piece of copper with holes in it, or more sofisticated?
inferno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2TG copper head gasket Wed, 19 June 2002 14:36 Go to previous message
haha yeah well you could put it like that, but then again you could say cars are just nuts, bolts and sheets of metal.

its a fragile and precise cutout of a thick sheet of copper, you fit it just like any other head gasket, but if you were to run a turboed 2TG say without one then you'll get serious problems (like blown head gasket and detonation problems).

so ya, it is just a piece of copper with holes in it, but you try find one like this for less than $100 (got this one delivered from interstate). this ones in good nick aswell. i think they actually use lasers or something to cut them 'cause sissors don't cut copper that precise Wink

I think it's close to the thickest copper head gasket you can get without resorting to 2xhead gaskets and a de-compre$$ion gasket (which is think and made of hard metal).

i was told i could run around 8psi with my 9.8:1 compression, so thats maybe 12-14psi with 8.4:1 compression for the later 2TGs.

you hear of a lot of turboed 2TGs dying quickly (like Adam Broomham's *YOG18U* first engine), this thing would help keep them alive for much longer, meaning much more fun had by all.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:hks turbo timer type 1
Next Topic:FS: Blitz DTT Dual Turbo Timer
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 08:00:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0033519268035889 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.