Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Grant
Forums Junkie

May 2002
TOYOTA NATIONALS CONFIRMED Sat, 01 February 2003 02:21 Go to next message
The organisers of the TOYOTA NATIONALS are pleased to announce that the event will go ahead as planned over the Easter long weekend 18th to 20th April.

What are the Toyota Nationals? Quite simply it is the largest single motoring event to incorporate all models of Toyota cars in one place at one time. This will be the events 25th anniversary and undoubtedly be the best yet. You do not need to join a club to come along; the only requirement is that your car must be TOYOTA built and PISTON powered.

The weekend starts Friday the 18th with event registration and an evening supper in the hotels courtyard. Saturday morning a Show and Shine will be held at Dubbo City Toyota where cars are typically placed in three categories; restored/original, contemporary (essentially original cars with minor alterations to wheels, trim etc), and modified. After lunch, the Show and Shine will recommence at Dubbo Autobarn where entrants have the opportunity to buy automotive products at discounted prices.

Sunday incorporates two all-day events where entrants have the opportunity to compete in either a CAMS level grass Motorkhana or Drag Racing hosted by the Dubbo City Car Club and held on their ANDRA approved 1/8 mile strip.

And don't think you have to have a modified car either; in-fact far from it. We actively encourage those with original or rare Toyotas to join in the weekends events. For those who are interested in modifications though, it is a fabulous opportunity to meet other likeminded people to gather or swap information. It doesn't matter whether you have a stock Corolla or the latest Supra; everyone is welcome.

Accommodation has already been block-booked with a hotel in the centre of Dubbo as from previous years it is always more enjoyable to have everyone in one place. Of course people are free to book whatever type of accommodation they like but you'll find the hotel we have chosen is not only reasonably priced but has a number of different room types to suit just about anyone.

All other information including registration forms, event costs, accommodation and programme will be available from www.toyota-nationals.org.au. This website will be active by Friday 7th February.

[Updated on: Wed, 09 April 2003 23:33] by Moderator

Send a private message to this user    
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS CONFIRMED Sat, 01 February 2003 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Easter weekend.... ooooh.... so its either this or easternats... WHY must life be so damned tough? Evil or Very Mad
Grant
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS CONFIRMED Sun, 02 February 2003 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would just like to clarify a few things about the Nationals as some people are under the impression it is a Toymods event and others have suggested it is a profit-making exercise.

The Toyota Nationals is being co-ordinated through Amanda Skennerton, President of the Celica Car Club of Qld and being assisted by a few people from NSW and Canberra. It is definitely NOT a profit-making event and sponsorship money raised is used to offset the cost to entrants.

As mentioned, a web site will be running by the end of the week but if anyone has any burning questions please feel free to contact Amanda after hours on 0438 567 191 or ask them on this forum and I will try and answer them.

Cheers.
struan
Regular

June 2002
Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS CONFIRMED Mon, 03 February 2003 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I should like to add 2 cents worth to this thread...

The Toyota nationals 2003 is not a profit making exercise. The Board of CCCQ including Amanda and Grant from toymods should be thanked and fully supported by everyone for taking the initiative to kick some life into this event...cos no one else was doing anything about it.

BTW...i am not even a toymods member...no bias here people!

The dubbo city car club has gone to great lengths to enable you guys an opportunity to run your cars...you simply can't just roll up to the strip and off you go! and i can tell you from personal experience they are not dyed in the wool toyota lovers either.

If this event is not supported then you can pretty much put your heads between your knees and kiss your (nationals) arse goodbye cos it will be gone for good if it all goes pear shaped this year!

BUT..if it 'goes off' this year then 2004 is going to be bigger again. Important people (potential ongoing sponsors) will be watching closely and that means bigger and better things for the entrants and their cars in 2004 and beyond.

Don't stand in front of it...get behind it.
struan.

[Updated on: Wed, 05 February 2003 11:57]

thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS CONFIRMED Tue, 04 February 2003 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Straun,

Mate I would love to say Toymods helped with the nationals but the fact is we don't. Whilst we support the event with our attendance and pomoting it on the forums we can take no credit for the event at all.

I can't honestly say I am aware of all the finer details of who organises what but I do know that The bulk of the work I am aware of has been carried out by Grant and everyone who ever wanted to go to this nationals or any in the future owes him a debt of gratitude. Without the sponsorship he arranged and his efforts I am personally convinced the nationals would be no more. I'm not saying he did it all on his own and I know there are others but With every event there is a key driving force and I personally feel this year it was Grant !

Well done mate I'm glad it came together !

[Updated on: Tue, 04 February 2003 01:49]

struan
Regular

June 2002
Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS CONFIRMED Wed, 05 February 2003 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was just testing you out Rod to see if you were listening... Very Happy

[Updated on: Wed, 05 February 2003 12:00]

Grant
Forums Junkie

May 2002
WEBSITE NOW UP Sun, 09 February 2003 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As some of you may of seen, the Toyota Nationals website (www.toyota-nationals.org.au) is now up and running. Over the next few days the site will be updated and added to, so keep checking it for these changes. The entry form download is one of those additions and this should be available by Wednesday.

celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: WEBSITE NOW UP Wed, 12 February 2003 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The page has also been updated and more to come so please be patient and re check if the detals you require arnt yet there

If anyone finds any errors etc please email me celicamad@hotmail.com

this is the link to the page [url=http://www.toyota-nationals.org.au]

Also if anyone has any good pics or videos feel free to send them.we dont have a lot of TOYMODS car pics to post .

Please keep picture file size under 50 KB

hope to see you all there!!!

[Updated on: Thu, 13 February 2003 02:57] by Moderator

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS CONFIRMED Thu, 13 February 2003 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where is the info about accomodation?? in the other thread accomodation was mentioned, and i saw nothing on the page? Is there still a setup like was mentioned?
Grant
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS CONFIRMED Thu, 13 February 2003 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes,

We have been having problems uploading the new web pages to the ISP's server. I have spoken to the ISP in question and they asuure me the problem will be rectified today. I will upload the new information late tonight and apologise for the delay.

CamryMan
Regular

May 2002
Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS CONFIRMED Sun, 16 February 2003 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Grant,

Have you place a Free ad in Unique Cars for the nationals yet?

Grant
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS CONFIRMED Sun, 16 February 2003 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No. Thanks for tip though. I'll get onto it.
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS CONFIRMED Sat, 01 March 2003 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all i have to do now is get the axles in, new front shocks in, new motor in, computer wired, and then shoe-horn some massive 265x13's under the rear end and we will be rolling to the nationals.
Justin

[Updated on: Sat, 01 March 2003 01:34]

juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS CONFIRMED Mon, 03 March 2003 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im so excited, i cant stop thinking about it.
Justin Cool
struan
Regular

June 2002
Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS CONFIRMED Tue, 04 March 2003 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Justin thats great, we hope to see you out here in Dubbo for the big event.
It would be great as well though to see a few more people as keen as yourself. This year is pretty much do or die for the toy nats. We've got sponsorship dollars from Toyota...which no other such event has. The All Toyota Day in QLD has sponsorship in the form of it being held at their Head office grounds in Brissy. Aside from a few camels and chooks as give-aways...that's it.

If it go's off this year then we'll all benefit, sponsors will be happy and keen to see it happen again next year and on a grander scale...if it doesn't go off!?...well lets just hope it does.
cheers struan.
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS CONFIRMED Wed, 05 March 2003 17:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=struan wrote on Tue, 04 March 2003 21:31]Hey Justin thats great, we hope to see you out here in Dubbo for the big event.

thanks man, me and a whole load of boys that i have go together about 12 are all going to camp out at my auntys house for the weekend, she is just out of dubbo. So if its attendance that you are looking for, count me in with the GF and the boys.
justin
FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon4.gif  Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS CONFIRMED Mon, 10 March 2003 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im working flatout on my new TA22 3TGTE to get it ready for the nationals. engine is now in so i need to wire up the EMS and do a few other things and it will be runing. Smile
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS CONFIRMED Mon, 10 March 2003 17:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds the goods ash, can wait to see it.
justin
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS CONFIRMED Thu, 13 March 2003 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just trying to plan my easter weekend.....seeing as the motorkhana is the only event ill probly be entering can someone confirm 100% that this event will be taking place???.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS CONFIRMED Thu, 13 March 2003 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael, I believe the motorkhana has been cancelled?

http://www.toymods.org.au/msgboard/index.php?t=msg &th=10986&start=0&rid=9&S=de2d34bc c88f8a6fa717b372d73106f1
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS CONFIRMED Fri, 14 March 2003 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so far - The Witzl will still be there Smile

dont think i can afford the tailshaft loop though, unless someone can sort one out for like $20!! (gotta love being a uni student!)

see everyone on the drive!
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS CONFIRMED Sat, 15 March 2003 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what exacxlty is the tail shaft loop???
Justin
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS CONFIRMED Sat, 15 March 2003 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hope the motorkahna is still on, thats an event that i would love to watch.
justin
roadrunner
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS CONFIRMED Mon, 17 March 2003 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A tail shaft loop is like a strap of strong sheet metal. kind of like a big U bolt that goes under your tailshaft towards the front so that at 130km/h going down the drag strip and your front uni joint breaks your tailshaft doesnt stick into the ground and roll you head over tit
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS CONFIRMED Tue, 18 March 2003 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, that can be called a tailshaft loop but the loop that you need for the nats MUST be a full 360 degree loop...
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS CONFIRMED Wed, 19 March 2003 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, so its there to save my ass.
sound like i should get one.
thanks guys,
justin
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS CONFIRMED Fri, 21 March 2003 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so as long as the loop is made out of strong material and is a full 360 degree loop you can fabricate it yourself?
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS CONFIRMED Fri, 21 March 2003 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Someone mentioned there are ANDRA guidelines to tailshaft loop, it must be a certain thickness & a certain diameter wide.
I think it was 6mm thick, can't remember how wide though.
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS CONFIRMED Fri, 21 March 2003 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone know for sure I dont want to rock up and not be allowed to race
Grant
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS CONFIRMED Sun, 23 March 2003 20:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Best thing to do is walk into any parts place and check the commerial types. Ones I've seen are about 6mm thick x 12mm wide. Basically, as long as you have something substantial around the tailshaft the scrutineer will be happy.
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS CONFIRMED Tue, 25 March 2003 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am pretty well certain that the tailshaft loop needs to be 6mm thick and 50mm wide.
Yep, that's a sizeable chunk of metal.
Best to find out from ANDRA. They have a web site and they can be contacted by telephone. They are in S.A.

Me? I'll be there. Accomodation is already booked. Slicks, helmet, tailshaft loop, full length clothing, octane booster, missus, kids, what else? Oh yeah.. a big can of whoop ass.

Dubbo boys don't like Toyotas eh. I've yet to see anyone (other than Dave the pie-eater) enjoy being kicked by the grandma car.

My guess? They'll like Toyotas less after we've been!!
thunderbird1
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS CONFIRMED Tue, 25 March 2003 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha... its not just the non toyota drivers that don't like us.. its the farmers, and other people that put up with a weekend of overswelling octane drinking car lovers.

With 80+ toyotas in town, it sure makes it hard to look anywhere without seeing one Smile

PS: I'll never forget the commo driver that tryed to run me one year and then proceded to play cat and mouse all the way until he flew into his own house and closed the garage door,... full points to the 3 or so turbo toyotas following hehe.
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS CONFIRMED Tue, 25 March 2003 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice luke, there the stories that i love Laughing
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS CONFIRMED Wed, 26 March 2003 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm still deciding whether to come...

GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS CONFIRMED Thu, 27 March 2003 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, my form is in and i'm going for sure.

Luke, are you entering your car?
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS CONFIRMED Fri, 28 March 2003 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gary,
Is your car entered for the racing?
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS CONFIRMED Fri, 28 March 2003 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, i've entered for the drags and show and shine. Very Happy If the Motorkhana was still running i'd be up for that too.
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS CONFIRMED Fri, 28 March 2003 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gary i will be there waving the toymods flag for you bro.
justin Cool
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS CONFIRMED Mon, 31 March 2003 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witzl will be there! Form has been sent, payment made, and entry into Show n Shine and Drags selected.
Unfortunately i don't think i will be able to put *much* shame to the falcodorre drivers of Dubbo, but ill certainly give it a go!

Looking forward to a crazy weekend!
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS CONFIRMED Tue, 01 April 2003 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good to see Gary.
I wish that the motorkhana was still on too!
Toymods will hopefully give themselves a good showing.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS CONFIRMED Wed, 02 April 2003 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can we get a confirmation if you guys have received our forms. And more importantly our money!

I'm pretty sure we had to put email addresses on the form. Email confirmation that my money did arrive at the right place (my cheque has been cashed) would be great.
thunderbird1
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS CONFIRMED Sat, 05 April 2003 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not sure if i'll be running in the Drags yet.. i want to but its a matter of getting this engineers certificate done in time. I've rung up a few guys and looks like i should get it done. \

Time is flying!! ... need a tail shaft loop too. Yellorolla.. .u know how to do them?? I'm willing to pay..

Anyone else have rego same weekend as nationals! DAMN under 25 pricing!

Luke
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS CONFIRMED Sun, 06 April 2003 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Anyone else have rego same weekend as nationals! DAMN under 25 pricing!

Yes!
And lets add an extra $370 for these bloody custom no. plates as well!
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS CONFIRMED Sun, 06 April 2003 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel, I thought you were getting rid of those plates this year...

I'll be coming up with Justin and camping with him...

[Updated on: Sun, 06 April 2003 06:47]

rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS CONFIRMED Sun, 06 April 2003 07:30 Go to previous message
well the damage done to the car in november has been finally fixed and my entry form was posted 2 weeks ago so i will definitly be there for the show and shine on saturday

someone might have to register me on friday night as i will not be able to make it for registrations Sad

looking forward to represent the RA40's Cool

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Perth Cruises
Next Topic:Phillip island V8 round - 11-13 sept
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 17:43:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0095469951629639 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.