Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
pepsicola
Forums Junkie

August 2002

FS: AE86 Jap spec front brakes Tue, 08 April 2003 13:46 Go to next message
2xcalipers(no rotors) with caliper rebuild kit.
$220
  Send a private message to this user    
HaciRoku
Occasional Poster

April 2003
Re: FS: AE86 Jap spec front brakes Wed, 09 April 2003 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What's the difference between OZ spec front brakes and Jap spec one? Rolling Eyes is it any better?
Widowmaker
Regular

November 2002
Re: FS: AE86 Jap spec front brakes Wed, 09 April 2003 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do these have more pots on them or somthing or are they bigger ? do they fit in place of the stock aussie units with the right discs ?
pepsicola
Forums Junkie

August 2002

Re: FS: AE86 Jap spec front brakes Wed, 09 April 2003 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the jap spec brakes are slightly bigger and thicker, and it's vented, thus it's better in brake fading.
It'll fit right in place of the oz spec brake. You don't need to modify anything, they'll bolt straight in, with a set of jap rotors and pads.
(There's always a Brembo Cross drilled and slotted jap spec rotors for sale in Ebay. for USD$110)
HaciRoku
Occasional Poster

April 2003
Re: FS: AE86 Jap spec front brakes Wed, 09 April 2003 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pepsi cola, do you have the picture of the caliper? that you can send me? widjaja889@hotmail.com
will you ship that to melbourne?

pepsicola
Forums Junkie

August 2002

Re: FS: AE86 Jap spec front brakes Wed, 09 April 2003 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man, it will look the same as the one that on ur car.
I will ship if u pay the postage.
My email is jzho9523@bigpond.net.au
Let me know. If u r really keen, I can take some pic and send it to u.
Widowmaker
Regular

November 2002
Re: FS: AE86 Jap spec front brakes Wed, 09 April 2003 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so how do the calipers you have differ from the one's on the aussie spec one's ? and i can just remove my current calipers bolt your's right in place without mods and then get some jap discs and everything will be sweat no modifying anything or any other stuff i have to buy ? if so im very interested.

please let me know , oh and newbie question what does the rebuilt kit replace or fix ?

cheers
pepsicola
Forums Junkie

August 2002

Re: FS: AE86 Jap spec front brakes Wed, 09 April 2003 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the rebuild kit replace all the rings and seals...so the pump performs better,that's all.
the caliper will bolt straight in place of the oz spec one. just that u need a pair of jap spec rotors to work with it, and pads as well of coz.(it won't work without these.)
let me know.
jzho9523@bigpond.net.au
Widowmaker
Regular

November 2002
Re: FS: AE86 Jap spec front brakes Wed, 09 April 2003 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmmmmm so tempting yet so painful on the wallet Rolling Eyes

hmmmm check your Pm
pepsicola
Forums Junkie

August 2002

Re: FS: AE86 Jap spec front brakes Thu, 10 April 2003 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
Patr1c
Regular

May 2002
Re: FS: AE86 Jap spec front brakes Thu, 10 April 2003 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$170 plus postage
pepsicola
Forums Junkie

August 2002

Re: FS: AE86 Jap spec front brakes Thu, 10 April 2003 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pmed u
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: FS: AE86 Jap spec front brakes Thu, 10 April 2003 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As far as I'm aware, the Jap spec disc rotors at the front are larger than the Aus spec ones so I'm not too sure about that statement re the calipers just bolting into place ... they are probably made to accommodate the wider rotors. Confused

pepsicola
Forums Junkie

August 2002

Re: FS: AE86 Jap spec front brakes Thu, 10 April 2003 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh, actually I mean the caliper will bolt on with jap spec rotors. No other mods needed, no welding lengthening etc...
And I think it will go under the stock wheels as well.

bump anyway.
pepsicola
Forums Junkie

August 2002

Re: FS: AE86 Jap spec front brakes Sat, 19 April 2003 06:44 Go to previous message
bump.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:K & N Performance Insert.
Next Topic: AE 92 SX S1 disks and callipers
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 03:59:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049901008605957 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.