Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1JZ-GTE with MicroTech & Bosch 910 Fuel Pump + Info on Stepper Control on MicroTech/Haltech?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
icon5.gif  1JZ-GTE with MicroTech & Bosch 910 Fuel Pump + Info on Stepper Control on MicroTech/Haltech? Mon, 07 April 2003 10:13 Go to next message
Hello,

I would just like your opinions on running this engine with the LT12 MicroTech ECU and fuel supply coming from a Bosch 910 fuel pump. Would it be sufficient, and not run lean at all rev ranges?

Other mods for this engine include airfilter, 3" exhaust, standard intercooler (fairly big). Run at 10-12 PSI boost.

Thank you.

[Updated on: Wed, 09 April 2003 05:47]

Send a private message to this user    
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZ-GTE with MicroTech & Bosch 910 Fuel Pump Tue, 08 April 2003 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm wiring up a 1j at the moment with a ltx12, the standard injectors will be fine for that boost.
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 1JZ-GTE with MicroTech & Bosch 910 Fuel Pump Tue, 08 April 2003 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What fuel pump are you using and what is it's flow rate?
What boost do you plan to set for the CT12A's?
And what other modifications have you done?
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZ-GTE with MicroTech & Bosch 910 Fuel Pump Tue, 08 April 2003 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its not my car i'm just wiring it for him to get rid of the shithouse factory ECU that has it running in limp mode.

Its an ma61 running a 1jzgte with factory fuel pump from the original supra. It got a 3 inch exhaust and running the 1jz intercooler.

The factory ma61 fuel pump is able to flow a very large amount of fuel. I'm getting more than 300rwhp easily out of my factory fuel pump on my car so any Bosch motorsport pump would be even better than the ma61 factory one.

Were probably going to run the boost at around standard and flick a switch to run 12psi for some fun.
1jzmx83
Regular

October 2002
Re: 1JZ-GTE with MicroTech & Bosch 910 Fuel Pump Wed, 09 April 2003 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was told that what ever computer you go for needs to have stepper controller for the 1JZGTE. Does the new microtech have stepper controller cos I know that the old ones dont?
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 1JZ-GTE with MicroTech & Bosch 910 Fuel Pump Wed, 09 April 2003 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What is stepper controller? The new MicroTech is the LTX12, does that have it?
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 1JZ-GTE with MicroTech & Bosch 910 Fuel Pump Wed, 09 April 2003 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just called MicroTech and they said that the LTX12 does not have it and that they havnt had a 1JZ-GTE working with it before.

Great. Now I guess I'm stuffed, since RPM who are puting my engine in are ordering it and are none the wiser.

Any ways to get around this?
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 1JZ-GTE with MicroTech & Bosch 910 Fuel Pump Wed, 09 April 2003 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok I've done my own research, rang Haltech, they say that you don't need it, but like Ben Ellis' 240Z from Hot4's 1JZ-GTE he's running a Haltech and it's basically an idle control.

So it will run smoother on cold mornings. The E6K goes for $1890, bout the same as the LTX12. Apparantly they were the first in the industry to develop this stepper control.

Next thing is to work out if I can get this instead of the LTX12 and see if the workshop knows how to tune them. I doubt it though.

Can anyone tell me how badly it will run without the stepper control?
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 1JZ-GTE with MicroTech & Bosch 910 Fuel Pump + Info on Stepper Control on MicroTech/Haltech? Wed, 09 April 2003 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the 1jz has a water/wax pellet idle up which controls cold start
the idle motor controls final rpm and idle up for a/c power steer etc

the idle motor is a 6 wire job

no aftermarket ecu will control that type
best bet is to make an adapter to go where that idle motor went with a fitting in it to take an external pulsing type idle
motor which only has 2 wires

the 2 wire ones can be controlled with haltech motec
autronic
dont know any others for now but theres bound to be more

pity the 1jz doesnt have an idle up screw which suxs
the std ecu idles them at 700 which i think is a touch low i think

[Updated on: Wed, 09 April 2003 07:36]

SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZ-GTE with MicroTech & Bosch 910 Fuel Pump + Info on Stepper Control on MicroTech/Haltech? Wed, 09 April 2003 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It will idle fine without the stepper hooked up.

I don't have any worries about that, you setup the mapping to increase the engine timing and warm up maps and it will idle fine.

My car has never stalled in 3 years and it doesn't have idle control, you just need to tune and set it up properly. Takes a few mornings of starting and fine tuning for a few minutes but then its easy, just flick the key and away you go.

If your absolutley worried you could wire a simple solenoid of the mtech to idle up off the output, its that easy.
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 1JZ-GTE with MicroTech & Bosch 910 Fuel Pump + Info on Stepper Control on MicroTech/Haltech? Wed, 09 April 2003 17:49 Go to previous message
Excellent, thanks mate.

Do you tune your ECU with a hand controller or laptop? Would this be something I could easily do if I had either (I have a laptop i can use, or i could buy the handset)of those. Or is it more complex?

Thanks mate, I guess i'll do without it. They do say the LTX12 has idle control, what would that control then?

Cheers.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:3tgte oil? boost presure?
Next Topic:HELP: Wheel sizes, offset and stud pattern sizes for AE86
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 22:17:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053009986877441 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.