Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Chris-008
Regular

January 2003
Spongy Brakes Sat, 12 April 2003 08:39 Go to next message
Brakes was fine, Until i change the suspension to coilovers, i've bleed the brakes back and front. Mechanic bleed it aswell, he said that brake master cyclinder rubber seals are worn, now he has to order another brake master cycliner for something like $300 +.. what i dont get is that the brakes was fine before i've put in the coilovers.

( when driving, initial braking is soft, but pump it twice and its like knife edge.... !!))

chris
  Send a private message to this user    
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Spongy Brakes Sat, 12 April 2003 08:55 Go to previous message
Restoration of feel with repeated application of the pedal suggests one of two things:

1. air in the lines, or
  2. 'pad knockoff'.

Sounds like you have bled the buggery out of the system. Rebleed just so you can waste another bottle of brake fluid and feel better if you see some air.
When you press the pedal and have a good feel, does the good feel remain if you stay in a straight line? BUT, does the pedal require repumping after you turn a corner? If that is the case then you are experiencing 'pad knockoff'. The bearings are worn and the disc 'wobbles', most pronouncedly when you turn a corner, pushing your pads (and caliper pistons) back into the caliper. Then when you attempt to brake pedal goes whoosh to the floor to make up all the volume required to push the pistons back out. A couple of pumps and it's all good. The solution is new bearings, or some return springs in the caliper. Check to be sure you haven't used the wrong wheel bearings.
Sometimes the master cylinder can fail after a rebleed....the piston travels past its normal range of travel and the old rubbers get caught on crud on the bore, damaging them.
  Send a private message to this user    
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:TPS signal w/ throttle body upgarde
Next Topic:Got Stoned...Teeth Broken
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 21 20:36:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0036211013793945 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.