Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
7mgte doing wierd stuff Sat, 12 April 2003 08:22 Go to next message
My 7m is up and running and goes really well untill it starts to get to operating temperature, at this point it begins to hessitate or miss when I accelerate and gets slowly worse until it hardly drives without stuttering. Mad

Can someone give me a clue to whats going on here or perhaps direct me to a previouse thread that has dealt with this.

Thanks
Klaus
  Send a private message to this user    
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 7mgte doing wierd stuff Sat, 12 April 2003 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like an ignition issue

Just had this happen on my car, but the lead from the ignitor tot he dizzy had become loose!

So check the wires, make sure they make contact, and make sure they working. I hope you did buy new leads.

Consequently did you change you spark plugs too?
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 7mgte doing wierd stuff Sat, 12 April 2003 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is your alternator charging at 14.1 volts?

Could be that, just after you've done a conversion alot of ppl have that problem as the alternator isn't charging. It runs ok at first then after about 5-10mins its gets worse and worse as the ig timing goes out the window along with the injector pulses and she runs quite rough until it almost stops.
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: 7mgte doing wierd stuff Sun, 13 April 2003 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Blacksupra did that problem occur after driving for a little bit? or as soon as you started the car? becuase mine runs fine for a start then starts to run rough

The car is going back to the auto electricions on tuesday so I'll ask him to check out the alternator, it definitly sounds like that is the problem

thanks for the help
Klaus
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 7mgte doing wierd stuff Sun, 13 April 2003 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can check the alternator your self if you want, get a multimeter and put it across the battery, you should see 13.5v -14v or so. (Multimeter's are only about $10 form Dick Smiths if you don't have one)

Cheers
Wilbo
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: 7mgte doing wierd stuff Sun, 13 April 2003 02:21 Go to previous message
My dad fixes and sells computers for a living so access to a mutimeter is no problem.

I presume you mean testing while the car is running?

I'm not too great on the electrics side of things, I can install stereo's and sort out minor stuff like headlights but have still got alot to learn about the more complicated sid of things.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:exhaust and extractors add to 1g geu
Next Topic:Dash Lights - Help Needed
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 14 07:57:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0039470195770264 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.