Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! (2) 8 Vote(s)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Tue, 13 July 2004 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
at the end of the day if u have a car thats amazingly quick and corners like crazy but its not fun, then wahts the point? fun cars > all
  Send a private message to this user    
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Fri, 11 March 2005 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They do stand out in the crowd .... Very Happy
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Fri, 11 March 2005 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Cressida Chick wrote on Fri, 11 March 2005 21:19

They do stand out in the crowd .... Very Happy

No where as much as RA28s stand out. Nor as much as RA23 and TA22s either. There's something wonderful in the styling of those old Celicas. It's a shame they went spastic after 1977.

seeyuzz
river
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Fri, 11 March 2005 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sprinters are in no way over rated.

Now i have an 86 AND a copy of the drift bible nothing can stop me now.

Im like, a cross between Takumi and the Drift King - i am unstoppable.

Go me.
Meat_rack
Regular

December 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Fri, 11 March 2005 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Be gone with you NILE8U you are not a toyota fan your just a pig who wants to bag sprtinters and supras because you have nothing else to do

Do you guys thnk we should start a new poll

NILE8U posts are OVER RATED (2 stars lol) Laughing Laughing

[Updated on: Fri, 11 March 2005 11:37]

finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Fri, 11 March 2005 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why bother this thread is hell old and everyone knows that al gore started the internet, for all we know he helped design the sprinter aswell......... yes i'm talking shit, why else would i reply to a thread that is 8 months old Rolling Eyes
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Fri, 11 March 2005 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
finney wrote on Sat, 12 March 2005 01:36

why bother this thread is hell old and everyone knows that al gore started the internet, for all we know he helped design the sprinter aswell......... yes i'm talking shit, why else would i reply to a thread that is 8 months old Rolling Eyes

yeah...
bump Rolling Eyes
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Fri, 11 March 2005 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Now that we have exact measurements of certain constants, we can deduce that the Aether is not made from some kind of physically detectable particle, but from non-physical Aether units of 2 spin rotating magnetic field. Aether units have a precise value equal to Coulomb’s constant times 16p2.

Visualizing the forward and reverse time, it is possible to see how time and space are curved such that distributed time appears as spherical and space appears as a loxodrome. But once again, this geometry can only be seen from beyond the material world (such as being visualized in our mind through meditation.) When the material world is viewed from within the material world, i.e. from the body’s senses, then we are viewing from half-spin perspective and see only three dimensions of space and one dimension of pulsed, linear time (normally called 4D reality.)

86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 12 March 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

If you had 50k to spend on a car would you buy a sprinter[ 25 vote(s) ]
1.yes 8 / 32%
2.no 9 / 36%
3.my cats breath smells like cat food 8 / 32%

CAUTION: POLL MAY BE POINTLESS

i wouldn't
http://img118.exs.cx/img118/3516/gallery10hh.jpg
http://img118.exs.cx/img118/9059/z32t11gi.jpg
79rollaboy wrote on Sat, 12 March 2005 08:33

Now that we have exact measurements of certain constants, we can deduce that the Aether is not made from some kind of physically detectable particle, but from non-physical Aether units of 2 spin rotating magnetic field. Aether units have a precise value equal to Coulomb’s constant times 16p2.

Visualizing the forward and reverse time, it is possible to see how time and space are curved such that distributed time appears as spherical and space appears as a loxodrome. But once again, this geometry can only be seen from beyond the material world (such as being visualized in our mind through meditation.) When the material world is viewed from within the material world, i.e. from the body’s senses, then we are viewing from half-spin perspective and see only three dimensions of space and one dimension of pulsed, linear time (normally called 4D reality.)

aaaaaaaahhh. thats why sprinters are so good.

great car, some aspects are overrated.

i had never even heard of a sprinter before i bought my first one, it was the only kinda sporty lookin, manual car i could afford. it was a great car to learn to drive in, plus i know a billion times more about cars than i used to, thus, 'twas the best decision i ever made. god knows where i would be if i had bought a lancer Confused .

[Updated on: Sat, 12 March 2005 02:51]

kaze
Regular

July 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 12 March 2005 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in my point of view... Sprinters are overated because people would pay heaps more for them.

Someone can sell a JDM Trueno in Aussie for 10K++ and people would buy it. It does change the fact that the car is 22 years old. In my opinion, a car that old doens't deserve that pricetag unless its some european prestige car.
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 12 March 2005 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If i had 50k i wouldnt nessisarily buy an 86, or well, maybe i would... you could easily buy a jdm trueno and have cash left over to buy another car.. maybe a 180sx with a strawebrry face and rb25det conversion... and also maybe have a bit left over for my classic car.. http://au.wrs.yahoo.com/;_ylt=AnJ.5l6QlXHpDy0JP5.Gda8W5gt.;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=12cr0jq4i/EXP=1110683328/**http%3A%2F%2Fautomag.wz.cz%2Fobraz%2Fstory%2Fdatsun240.jpg mmmm 240...

I would never buy a 300zx though.. if you wanna do anything even replace your fan belt you have to pull out the engine.. its as tight as a nun in there.. im really little and even i cant get in there ....
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 12 March 2005 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MFX_Neko_86 wrote on Sat, 12 March 2005 14:11

If i had 50k i wouldnt nessisarily buy an 86, or well, maybe i would... you could easily buy a jdm trueno and have cash left over to buy another car.. maybe a 180sx with a strawebrry face and rb25det conversion... and also maybe have a bit left over for my classic car.. http://au.wrs.yahoo.com/;_ylt=AnJ.5l6QlXHpDy0JP5.Gda8W5gt.;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=12cr0jq4i/EXP=1110683328/**http%3A%2F%2Fautomag.wz.cz%2Fobraz%2Fstory%2Fdatsun240.jpg mmmm 240...

I would never buy a 300zx though.. if you wanna do anything even replace your fan belt you have to pull out the engine.. its as tight as a nun in there.. im really little and even i cant get in there ....

Shocked Shocked Shocked

http://au.wrs.yahoo.com/;_ylt=AnJ.5l6QlXHpDy0JP5.Gda8W5gt.;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=12cr0jq4i/EXP=1110683328/**http%3A%2F%2Fautomag.wz.cz%2Fobraz%2Fstory%2Fdatsun240.jpg

I know this car wins hands down if I had to choose between either of them. $50k? Honestly... I'd put money down on a house.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 12 March 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if i had 50k i would invest it into a house
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 12 March 2005 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rthy wrote on Sat, 12 March 2005 14:03

if i had 50k i would invest it into a house

me too, but thats not the question. just pretend you have a house, have 50k lying around and need a car.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 12 March 2005 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill buy a decent ae82 twinky for $5000 then invest the other $45000 on another house Smile
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 12 March 2005 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this just comes down to petty jealousy. "my car is faster and newer but i cant sell it for more than a sprinter! why isnt my car more popular Crying or Very Sad *cry* *cry*"

Razz

get over it
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 12 March 2005 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yian they are so hot huh Smile They are an old Z, but still badged under datsun? i want one! And you can pick em up for not too much either... mine would be black with chrome detailing, although i saw a restored one the other day.. kinda like a silver/baby blue colour with the chrome bits... they are hot cars! just old.... but sweet!

Oh.. Need "A" car.. as in i cant buy 3 cars with the 50k?

Hmmm.. that makes it harder...

time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 12 March 2005 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in my opinion, dun like the shape of sprinters (they just havent tickled me in any fancy way).

but there aight. but yeh im leaning towards over-rated
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 12 March 2005 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rthy wrote on Sat, 12 March 2005 15:13

ill buy a decent ae82 twinky for $5000 then invest the other $45000 on another house Smile

Laughing lol, if thats what you want... but people will be wondering why this rich dude with two houses drives an old corolla Razz
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 12 March 2005 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MFX_Neko_86 wrote on Sat, 12 March 2005 16:33

Yian they are so hot huh Smile They are an old Z, but still badged under datsun? i want one! And you can pick em up for not too much either... mine would be black with chrome detailing, although i saw a restored one the other day.. kinda like a silver/baby blue colour with the chrome bits... they are hot cars! just old.... but sweet!

http://alteredz.com/image/firstdrive/firstdrive_RFs.jpg

MMMmmmmm that's what I'm talkin about. But in a dark green metallic colour. And rb26dett thrown in for good measure. $50k right? I'm sure that can be done for $50k

[Updated on: Sat, 12 March 2005 05:40]

MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 12 March 2005 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your pictures dont work! Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad

Well, seeing as theres one for sale in the trading post for 5k... 45k could pretty much get you what you want !!

Have you seen these cars set up for race? On one of our option dvds theres a race just full of these cars ! Its just nuts! So many beautiful Z'ds....

[Updated on: Sat, 12 March 2005 05:47]

MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 12 March 2005 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok now they do Smile

Thats my Z! I want mine black like that !
Although he doesnt have the chrome bits... racing seats inside?!

Nice rims too.... ahh that could be easily done well under 50k!
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 12 March 2005 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
86DRFT wrote on Sat, 12 March 2005 16:37

rthy wrote on Sat, 12 March 2005 15:13

Laughing lol, if thats what you want... but people will be wondering why this rich dude with two houses drives an old corolla Razz

cos will paying off the 2nd house Rolling Eyes

yea those 240/260z are awsome, next door neighbor built a yellow one with a rb turbo engine (donno which), personaly i dont like those huge new style 20" rims...
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 12 March 2005 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dish is good.. dish is always good...

But older style rims may have suited it better.. its the same with most older cars.. its like chucking a set of 20" chrimes onto an 86... thats your all time GHEY... old skool suits old skool....

Those rims on the black one though.. a bit smaller and id take them... Smile

Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 12 March 2005 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MFX_Neko_86 wrote on Sat, 12 March 2005 16:44

Ok now they do Smile

Thats my Z! I want mine black like that !
Although he doesnt have the chrome bits... racing seats inside?!

Nice rims too.... ahh that could be easily done well under 50k!

Chrome bits or not, it still looks bloody sexy. It is by far the sexiest old school japanese car out there. Nothing else comes close to it in my opinion. Not even my baby supra Razz

*sigh* We can always keep dreaming about the $50k we don't have can't we? I better stop before I get carried away hehe
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 12 March 2005 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats why that car is my all time classic car !

I will have one, one day, and it will be beautiful Smile

You just cant compare.. i mean the newer Z's are tough.. i love all the z'd... ( the 350zs are hot too) but these cars, despite their age... always just so sexy !

Trust me, i love my 86, but when it comes to my next car im seriously considering picking one of these up.. ive always loved them.... ^-^
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 12 March 2005 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you've always loved them, don't consider it. I suggest you do it. It'll give you so much more satisfaction working on a car that you have always truly loved...

But yeah enough of me ranting... I might cop some shit from the '86 boys for making you to buy another car heh
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 12 March 2005 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey no!

Im not going to get rid of the 86.. shes a keeper as well Smile Ive worked way too hard for my 86 to let it go anywhere...

I have 2 cars at the minute, am looking to get rid of my first now and stick with the 86.. but later down the track when the 86 is off the road for various reason ill need another car to cruise about in.. i was going to look at a second 86 but i think im going to stick with the 'z' ... i like the older mr2's as well... but it just doesnt compare to the z Very Happy

^-^
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 12 March 2005 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Didn't say you should get rid of the '86. By all means, keep it hehe. I'll always keep my car. But just that some overly-sensitive-sprinter-loyalist-fan-boys might think otherwise if you deviate away and bought a nissan 240z.

"Ohhhh.... that's sacrilegious!!" Razz
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 12 March 2005 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kinda like dropping a sr engine into a rx7 huh?
SACRELIDGE!
Laughing Laughing Laughing
*p.s, id prefer the sr.. but some people are so set in their ways lol " a rotors a rotor and thats it!!"

I need to buy an airplane hangar or a carparking lot for all the cars i want....

[Updated on: Sat, 12 March 2005 06:24]

Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 12 March 2005 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MFX_Neko_86 wrote on Sat, 12 March 2005 17:20

Kinda like dropping a sr engine into a rx7 huh?
SACRELIDGE!
Laughing Laughing Laughing
*p.s, id prefer the sr.. but some people are so set in their ways lol " a rotors a rotor and thats it!!"

I need to buy an airplane hangar or a carparking lot for all the cars i want....

Exactly right Smile That's just taking their loyalties to the extreme.

Talking about car collections... mmmmm Lindsay Fox's collection would be nice..
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 12 March 2005 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yian wrote on Sat, 12 March 2005 15:37

MFX_Neko_86 wrote on Sat, 12 March 2005 16:33

http://alteredz.com/image/firstdrive/firstdrive_RFs.jpg

MMMmmmmm that's what I'm talkin about. But in a dark green metallic colour. And rb26dett thrown in for good measure. $50k right? I'm sure that can be done for $50k

That. is. AWSOME! looks better than a skyline!
go the Zeds! er. i mean. toyotas Razz
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 12 March 2005 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
word to the 260z! most iconic japanese car of all time! after i've completed the 6 i'll be buying a 2 seater 260 and doing that up Smile (after that is a civic type r Wink hey, won't that be under 50k for 3 of my fav cars?) i'd buy all 3 with 50k Smile

sprinters suck! go the 70's fairladies!

p.s:
http://img57.exs.cx/img57/9789/240z68pz.jpg

[Updated on: Sat, 12 March 2005 07:38]

driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 12 March 2005 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShiRi wrote on Sat, 12 March 2005 15:33

p.s:
http://img57.exs.cx/img57/9789/240z68pz.jpg

i love those Zeds Smile soo oldskool and sexy Razz imagine how that car sounds Smile

sprinters are about having fun. if you want a fast powerful car get something else like an s13 or skyline maybe...like everyone else. im sure sprinter owners dont think that their cars are the fastest things out there, but im sure they think they are the most fun Smile

...unless it has a 4ac Razz
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 12 March 2005 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u wanna know whats over rated???? Drift
its only one word and im so fucken sik of hearing it now!! especially the way GIONOPOLOUS's say FULLY SICK DRIFT BRO. Other day i went to oran pk and there was bloddy Gino's every where. PS: GINO/GIONOPOLOUS meaning: full sick Western oriental gentlemen wearing there everlast tshirts and there fully sick rats tails getting excited over ridiculous amounts of smoke pouring out of v8s and over steering s14's etc. I even seen sum dude wearing a tshirt saying DRIIFT. Drift with two i's. Now cmon WTF is that...Trendsetters Rolling Eyes . The Australian Drift scene is getting so GAY.... day by day. I went on the track in august 2003 @ oran pk, and no body even knew what my car was. I was like its an ae86 and they said ae...what?? corolla FWD?? and your holding a Drift comp...HA. Then over the years after that initial drift came along and started these drift days, oran pks opened up driftland and all it takes is one gino to tell anutha gino and then it all starts. Need for speed underground the game has been a big influence on australian drift scene as well. By adding the race mode DRIFT and the charcteristics are fucking disgusting! I cant even go for a walk down the beach now without seeing GINO's SR20de auto silvia with nismo stickers, 17inch temmpe tyres wheels and stage 3 vinyls thinkin hes a fully sick drifter bro. I was in year 8 at high school when i first downloaded a movie of ueo. Ever since then i bought an ae86 not long after i got my licence. So u cant say the AE86's are over rated, the fact is the handling characteristics are great, and u dont have to be a good driver to make these cars look good on the track. They are just an easy car to drive and thats all im saying about them. The MORAL is you cant just go out, buy a MA60, or a TA22, RA28, TE71 etc and expect it to handle better than an ae86.

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 12 March 2005 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
said it before, will say it again,

most people on toymods don't even know what a REAL SPRINTER looks like.

bah humbug to you all Razz

to the left is a REAL SPRINTER
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 12 March 2005 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats not a sprinter its a shopping trolley Razz
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 12 March 2005 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's a Sprinter on two wheels, not a KE70 shopping trolley Razz
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 12 March 2005 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Reasons why AE86's are over rated lately:

1. Young drivers think drift looks cool so they get a cheap fix
2. Initial D (Australian Episodes)
3. Want to be a boy racer like Takumi Rolling Eyes
4. False articles about these cars in certain magazines
5. Upcoming Drift events

and a few reasons why drift is over rated:

1. Painted black bonnets look cool No No No
2. Stickers
3. People fkn their car up thinking they're cool (like sitting/standing on roof or bonnet)
4. u can mod ur "drift" car more differently than your average dropped white vl calais.

At the end of the day AE86 = DRIFT Everyone wants to drift Every one wants a AE86.

I feel sorry for the hardcore 86 drivers whos luvved them before all this craze has come in, which has given the poor AE86 a bad name Sad Example: Other day i was in my old levin, when sum red neck lookin fools yelled out of their hilux saying "SMOKE IT UP" "WE KNOW WHAT THEY CAN DO" No No No

[Updated on: Sat, 12 March 2005 11:44]

finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 12 March 2005 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rthy wrote on Sat, 12 March 2005 16:13

i vote for this as the most useful post in this read....

situation management 101, rthy i believe you passed with an HD.
with the income off the 2nd property he could have more than $50k to spend on many cars, possibly even 2 sprinters Shocked Laughing
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 12 March 2005 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea, once im on the 5th house i might drop a 20v into my hypothetical twinky Rolling Eyes
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 12 March 2005 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A bit off topic - how do you vote for threads?
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 12 March 2005 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
under where it says rate topic (right on the bottom of da page)
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 12 March 2005 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey there it is.. thanks Smile

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 12 March 2005 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
86DRFT wrote on Sat, 12 March 2005 13:19

i had never even heard of a sprinter before i bought my first one, it was the only kinda sporty lookin, manual car i could afford. it was a great car to learn to drive in, plus i know a billion times more about cars than i used to, thus, 'twas the best decision i ever made. god knows where i would be if i had bought a lancer Confused .

HEY!!!

EDIT: By the way, who's bright idea was it to revive this thread?

[Updated on: Sat, 12 March 2005 16:58]

thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 12 March 2005 17:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just a thought..

Have you ever thought that maybe not everyone who wants a sprinter because of initial D thinks they are king of the road?
What if they were into cars and then watched initial D and then found out about the sprinter. A cheap, driftable car. What if they liked the way it looked and thought it was a nifty little thing to drive around in. Plus they could drive around and muck around and get to drive a car that one of the characters' in the cartoon drive.
I mean if Mario drove some Nintendo car you could buy the novelty of that would be pretty fun although the price tag probably wouldn't be. Either way, people who drove the car wouldn't think they were top shit.
It is my opinion that sprinters cost too much because of the limited supply but overrated?
If you think that sprinter owners think they own the ultimate sports car or that people who own them think they are the best drivers in the world then get that out of your head.
What exactly are they overrated in terms of?
Straight line speed? I don't think people who buy sprinters buy them because they want fast drag cars.
I think most people buy sprinters because they are a pretty cheap car to have fun with and look pretty darn good as well (at least I think so). I can't think of too many RWD cars that are as cheap as sprinters.

Something is overrated if it does not meet certain expectations that have been placed on it.
I believe the sprinter is a fun and cool little car to get from A to B. Thus to me, the sprinter is not overrated.
If your expectations of a sprinter are for it to make a 12 second 1/4 mile pass then:
a) It would definitely be overrated.
b) Get your head examined.
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 12 March 2005 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon you've made a fair point there 187, I've wanted a sprinter when I was like 10 or 11, I didnt know what engines they had, whether they were RWD or not... Hell I hardly even knew where Japan was...

I went through 2 cars before I got my sprinter, and as soon as I got it and put in the 4AGE, everyone says "Oi I can't wait for you to be drifting in it" and "I cant wait till I drive it"

Like anything, if somethings any good, everyones gonna blow it up into something thats just totally exagurated (spelling?)

It's just sad because it was so hard for me to buy a car that became so popular so quickly...

I didn't buy the sprinter to drift it... I bought it coz I've always liked them.

ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sun, 13 March 2005 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sprinters are crap! Laughing
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sun, 13 March 2005 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JDM hachi wrote on Sun, 11 July 2004 08:31

fact a), you are ugly
fact b), you're mum thinks you're very hansom
fact c), when i have her bent over she tells me the truth.......

people like you piss me off

MY OPINION is that the sprinto would be a good car to own, but id rather have an aw11, or mk2 cel/supra the sprinter is not the be-all, end-all of cars, and for that they are talked about constantly..

although they can be a powerful car (alem AE86) 250.4 rwhp in a car that small is just pure retardation, a recepie for disaster :/

Eldar.O.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sun, 13 March 2005 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i like to think the sprinter is the "poor mans" club race car Rolling Eyes

being in the 1600cc and all Surprised for its time (mid 80's) it was good, other than that its a shopping trolly for L/P platers and SUPER KAWAII D1 DRIFTER BATTLE MECHA OF DOOM that has problems with coners cos it always goes sideways Rolling Eyes
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sun, 13 March 2005 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thu187 wrote on Sun, 13 March 2005 04:27

Plus they could drive around and muck around and get to drive a car that one of the characters' in the cartoon drive.
I mean if Mario drove some Nintendo car you could buy the novelty of that would be pretty fun although the price tag probably wouldn't be.

LOL, sounds lile what 12 year-old kiddies say Laughing

i wanna drive the car mario drives... no, no, i wanna drive the car takumi drives Razz
no thats my car, you have to drive what barney drives...

ffs Wink
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sun, 13 March 2005 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Sun, 13 March 2005 02:57

86DRFT wrote on Sat, 12 March 2005 13:19

HEY!!!

EDIT: By the way, who's bright idea was it to revive this thread?

er sorry, just my opinion. Smile

cool:

http://img103.exs.cx/img103/8375/evorally1big0ao.jpg

not so cool:

http://img103.exs.cx/img103/1239/gallerylancercoupe4gh.jpg
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sun, 13 March 2005 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Sun, 13 March 2005 15:02

thu187 wrote on Sun, 13 March 2005 04:27

Plus they could drive around and muck around and get to drive a car that one of the characters' in the cartoon drive.
I mean if Mario drove some Nintendo car you could buy the novelty of that would be pretty fun although the price tag probably wouldn't be.

LOL, sounds lile what 12 year-old kiddies say Laughing

i wanna drive the car mario drives... no, no, i wanna drive the car takumi drives Razz
no thats my car, you have to drive what barney drives...

ffs Wink

Heyyy! I've owned every Nintendo system since the NES (except the handhelds, although I did have the original fat gameboy) including the game watches!
I have quite an attraction to Mario. Sometimes I lie down in my bed and I...
Mario is hot Embarassed Laughing
wraith
Regular

October 2003
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Mon, 14 March 2005 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Erm. Sprinters OR? Lets see...

Pros-
RWD
Light
Cheap with free rust if no-one knows what it is
Plenty of potential if you don't expect impossible things
Proven Corolla reliability

Cons-
Gutless with 4A-C
Where I live people think its an old Excel
Kind of hard to get bits for at a reasonable price
About half the people on this thread think they are OR/Shit/Etc

For $50,000? Keep the Z, buy a 2000GT. Wouldn't want to hit a shopping trolley with it though.

Feel free to add to the pros & cons!
sated
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Mon, 14 March 2005 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does this come in Panda ?

http://img103.exs.cx/img103/8375/evorally1big0ao.jpg
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Mon, 14 March 2005 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sure does Surprised
http://www.danny-steyn.com/images/freightliner-sprinter-exterior.jpg
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Mon, 14 March 2005 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rthy wrote on Mon, 14 March 2005 13:39

sure does Surprised
http://www.danny-steyn.com/images/freightliner-sprinter-exterior.jpg

classic Laughing
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Wed, 16 March 2005 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/sprinter_of_fury.jpg

INITIAL D STUPID STAGE!!!

MT OUSLEYS DOWNHILL SPECIALIST

TOFU COURIER DRIVER

DONT MISS IT!!!

sorry i was bored Wink

lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Wed, 16 March 2005 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For all those prospective Z-car owners - sure they look great...

until you own one of the f**king things. They rust like fury and almost always very bodgily repaired at some stage in their life, the rear hatch seal always leaks, the cabin stinks like petrol and exhuast the moment you wind the window down, they are incredibly tail happy until you spend a bit on suspension, the dashes crack at the first ray of sun and the brakes squeal like a stuck pig if you anything other than Bendix softcock Standard pads, the front windscreen leaks and parts are getting a real bastard to find. Anything but a clapped out or bodgy example of a 2 seater 260 or 240 will cost over $8K.

That said, I'd love to buy a 260/240 again - if I could ever find a decent one. Smile
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Wed, 16 March 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Yeah but im sure the work will be worth it.. they are hot cars.. kinda the same as sprinter drivers... if you want a good example it will certainly cost you.. but still most of them are rusting out specially from the hatch and wheel arches... until restored or fixed...
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Happt St. Pats Day
Next Topic:Truck nudged me at the lights today
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:57:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010440826416016 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.