Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
yatesie
Occasional Poster

May 2002
Tires Wed, 12 June 2002 09:19 Go to next message
Evening all,
Just wondering what sort of tires people have found to be good for road use on a TA22 (standard as shite susp.) Price isnt really an issue, as i would rather spend a bit more on good tires. Im currently running 205/65 R13 Good Year eagle GA's, not really happy with them, dont wont ones quite so wide, probly 195/55 R 13 would be good....

Open for suggestions

Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Tires Wed, 12 June 2002 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tyres are a pretty personal thing I personally prefer Yokis or Dunlops depending on sizes and profiles. (And thus available tread patterns)

For a Stocker on 13" mags I would personally be running 205/60 13" tyres. The 60 profile gives a good ride without too much tyre wall flex.

Something like a Yokohama 352 would be good without killing the Wallet. Dunlop Leman's A4's were good for daily driving but I'm not sure there still available. Been a while since I bought 13" rubber.

Keep in mind the legal limitations of your rolling stock you can only vary the Overall Diameter (rolling Diameter) by 15mm from stock. Hence something like a 215/50 13" tyre is not legal. Sad

Hope that helps.
yatesie
Occasional Poster

May 2002
Re: Tires Wed, 12 June 2002 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks mate, i jsut wasnt sure if there was certain tires that TA22's didnt like. Do you know of any good sites for tires? Ive always been a fan of yokies, might have to get my a set for the celica... if i have the money.. might upgrade the wheels, got solid chromies at the mo, looking at somethign along the 5 spoke area... probly 14-15"... any suggestions??

thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Tires Wed, 12 June 2002 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate,

I run 14" on Tina's but 15" does offer a much better choice of Tyre profiles at decent prices. Given the choice I'd have 15" or 13" myself.

I run 16" on the showcar but getting the right size tyres is a bit of a PITA Sad

justinharwoodran
Regular

May 2002
Re: Tires Thu, 13 June 2002 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I used to have 215/50/13 Yokohama 352's on the Celica years ago in Tassy with some Dragway 4 spoke 13*7 rims. Not a bad tyre but too expensive to replace at the time due to the odd size.
My current tyres are 205/50/15 Kelly Charger HR's. I dunno what to say about these tyres cause I don't really drive the car anymore. There not as good as the Yokohamas but probably 1/2 the price. I guess you get what you pay for.
I used to have some 205/60/13 Goodyear Eagers years ago on another car and they were a good tyre but cost me a few dollars but in the old high school days.
I run Toyo 215/65/14 on the daily driver 79 Datto 280ZX and I have no complaints with these tyres either. (Just don't let the wife hit gutters and potholes as they die quickly)
I even had a Fiat 125S with retreads a few years ago and they did the job at the time. I think it's just a matter of buying something within your budget and the type of driving you do.
Shop around and get a good deal and you'll be apples.

Justin
fergo308
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Tires Thu, 13 June 2002 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you want to go up to a 14 or 15" wheel,you can't go past the FM901 Dunlop atm,for performance at a decent price IMHO.

a set of 4x 205/50/R15s goes for $720 in Sydney. 14's are about $650 I think.

top grip (quite good wet performance,and fantastic in the dry),good progressive breakaway,and average noise levels.

they'd be my first suggestion.

Justin...
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Tires Thu, 13 June 2002 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got a set of 205/60R15 Bridgestone Potenza RE711's on my Celica. They have awesome wet weather grip (I mean awesome) and they have fantastic grip in the dry. Even with my Celica's stock suspension you can punt it around real hard just because of the tyre grip it has.
dorikin
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Tires Thu, 13 June 2002 11:33 Go to previous message
i'm not sure about the availability anymore, but for an awesome high performance at a budget price trye, go for Yokohama A509 if you are able to find them in your size... absolutely AWESOME tyre.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:12.4 @ 118mph 4agte Stock Internals
Next Topic:Sorry Yogi
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 20 17:57:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061969757080078 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.