Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » how bad is it to drive around with no oxygen sensor

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
trd2nv
Regular

May 2002
how bad is it to drive around with no oxygen sensor Thu, 13 June 2002 11:20 Go to next message
Mad ive been driving around with no oxygen sensor now for about a month i was wondering how bad is it what can happen 2 my engine while im driving with none because the fags that sold me the engine didnt give me one and i asked for one and they didnt have one they said btw its a 4agze map sensor also im been thrashing it heaps, if any ones knows were i can get one from it would be helpul it aslo a 4 wire oxygen sensor
No No No
  Send a private message to this user    
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: how bad is it to drive around with no oxygen sensor Fri, 14 June 2002 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It depends how the ECU handles it.

I imagine it just wont go into cruize "closed-loop" running, which means youll prolly be chewing a lot more fuel than you should be.

I cant think of any reason why it would harm the engine.
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: how bad is it to drive around with no oxygen sensor Fri, 14 June 2002 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
badddddddddd (sheep voice)
it clogged one of my cylinders.. so there was some powerloss.. used a lot of fuel! like half a tank gone in 2 days (driven 1 hour a day max) black smoke comming out (defect?) and yeah sounded alot loud =p
nilezy
Regular

May 2002

Re: how bad is it to drive around with no oxygen sensor Fri, 14 June 2002 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, i dont think that it will be bad for your engine, as I'm driving my 4AGZE around with the O2 sensor cable tied to the swaybar (saving for a better exhaust) and i runs fine. I thought it would run rich as hell, especially if its seeing 100% oxygen, but i'm getting about 500-600kms to the tank, with my foot down everywhere i drive!!

xfader, i think you had something else wrong!!!
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: how bad is it to drive around with no oxygen sensor Fri, 14 June 2002 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
probably?
well i only had the car converted.. so the engine probably hadnt been used for 3/4 months.. like i had an o2 sensor in their.. just the wires wire cut Nope
strutto
Regular

May 2002
Re: how bad is it to drive around with no oxygen sensor Fri, 14 June 2002 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trd2nv: Not sure if you run a catalytic convertor or not but running excessively rich air/fuel ratios (as it will without an O2 sensor) has been known to kill cats...

Is it bad for the engine? Might foul the plugs a bit...
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

icon7.gif  Re: how bad is it to drive around with no oxygen sensor Sat, 15 June 2002 15:06 Go to previous message
i was reading phil bradshaws site earlier tonight. http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/phil.bradshaw/index .htm

not really sure who he is but there is some interesting stuff on there, also a bit about oxegen sensor, he say's that there would be no harm to the engine without it. well have a look at his site and see what he rekons ( there is some useful tech info). Rolling
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4AC simple Mods? please l'm new to this!! LOL!
Next Topic:Engine conversions for a T-18
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Oct 1 19:18:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053589344024658 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.