Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
for the initial D fans Fri, 14 March 2003 06:12 Go to next message
i dunno if i'm right but i think these are the next cars takumi is going to race in the 4th stage, aka project D.

Tooru Suetsugu - Mazda NA8C MX-5 Eunos Roadster
Atsurou Kawai - Nissan Skyline 25GT Turbo R34
Daiki Ninomiya - Honda Civic EK-9 Type-R
Sakai - Honda Integra DC2 Type-R
Tomoyuki Tachi - Honda Civic EK-9 Type-R
Kyouko Iwase - Mazda Enfini FD3S RX-7
Nobuhiko - Toyota Altezza

i got it off this link, it lists all the cars in the initial D series, and those cars i havent seen in all of the series yet.
figure it out yourself!!
http://www.atw.0catch.com/cars/index.html
  Send a private message to this user    
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: for the initial D fans Fri, 14 March 2003 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm ... me thinks you're missing both the Suzuki Cap and the rematch with Wataru's AE86 Levin (now supercharged) in there somewhere ... Confused

Not to mention Bunta's WRX Sti which kicks Takumi and makes him realise that the AE86 can't compare to modern day machinery in the hands of the same skilled driver - Takumi gets to drive Bunta's WRX but has trouble adjusting ... or so I've heard.
pepsicola
Forums Junkie

August 2002

Re: for the initial D fans Fri, 14 March 2003 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh, Takumi said that the WRX was like driving a plane.
All these has released in the comic books.
Don't think it will be on a video soon.
Tank
Regular

June 2002

Re: for the initial D fans Sun, 16 March 2003 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sadly we will never see anymore episodes of initial D in australia Crying or Very Sad unless some fan is bored and decides to take the time to subtitle it all (not sure if this will happen anytime soon as it is still airing on japanese T.V. No production company for manga in australia will take up responsibilities for what the series promotes (illegal street racing).

My 2 cents

Later
katsuchiyo
Regular

December 2002

Re: for the initial D fans Mon, 17 March 2003 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think that the americans will sub it for us and leave it on IRC for those of us who can donwload it from there Wink

ill talk to Soldats and see if they are interested Smile

Should be good, seeing Takumi race Bunta.. but i think that now that they are changing the cars, its not going to be the same as it was... it was a good storyline because an old 8-6 Panda could kill Skylines, S13 K's + Q's, etc.

but we'll see.. i think by the end of this year we will be able to get hold of them..

Peace
Katsuchiyo
Tank
Regular

June 2002

Re: for the initial D fans Mon, 17 March 2003 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heh, Well i hope you right would love to add a few more series to my collection. Very Happy
katsuchiyo
Regular

December 2002

Re: for the initial D fans Mon, 17 March 2003 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
me too..

ill have a talk to people..
see what they can do. Smile

i wanna add RAVE to my collection.. only have the first 4.

peace
Katsuchiyo
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: for the initial D fans Mon, 17 March 2003 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So if the trueno isnt good enough anymore - what will he drive - Shock HORROR!! another panda becomes extinct !!!

does this mean that ae86's will finally loose the tag that comes with inital D in favour say - i dunno - a supra ?
3sgte mr2 ?? St205 Gt4 ? what other AWD/RWD dorifo thingies could he race from toyota ?

i think all the Initial D fans would revolt if he drives another brand - it would be sacralige !

its ironu\ic in a way - the fantasy finally ends Wink trueno beating a GTR or Evo ? ? not gunna happen in real life Wink
katsuchiyo
Regular

December 2002

Re: for the initial D fans Mon, 17 March 2003 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unless you drop a mofo engine in it.. or the GTR drives with its handbrake on. Laughing

Katsu
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: for the initial D fans Mon, 17 March 2003 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
His engine puts out 250hp, na.
All ne needs is a turbo to compete
katsuchiyo
Regular

December 2002

Re: for the initial D fans Mon, 17 March 2003 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
exactly.

but hes not racing the panda.. and bunta has an STI..
i think thats what was said..

hmm... might be good.. but who knows.

Katsu
Spaceboy
Occasional Poster

September 2002
Re: for the initial D fans Mon, 17 March 2003 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What about Keiichi Tsuchya. Wasnt he the one that they got the idea or storyline from. Didnt TRD build him a special NA ae86 or something?

Should be good to see the new series. I'm sure some HK company will no doubt translate it for us like with most other pirated anime.

I gotta agree. It would be sacreligous(?) if he was to drive anything rather than the pander trueno. I dont know anything about the manga, but since Takumi was learning about cars and he had a natural instict for driving, wouldnt he be able to think or find ways to got faster. Also wasnt at the end of 3rd stage, he joined up with Takahashi Ryosuke of the redsuns which would help him even more?
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: for the initial D fans Mon, 17 March 2003 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wah...... hold on guys..... I haven't even seen an Initial D episode so please stop talking about a whole new series Crying or Very Sad hehe j/k..

Anyway from what I have been reading on your posts it seems that in this new initial D series that he will be competeing against even more powerful cars than what he was in the first series, am I right???

If so.... DODGY you think Takumi should take a leaf outta my book with modifying his hatchi??? Rolling Eyes hehehe
katsuchiyo
Regular

December 2002

Re: for the initial D fans Mon, 17 March 2003 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seriously.. i think to use anything other than the panda would be a bad move.. though i guess they have to grow on it..

it is the best chance i guess...

i dont remember anything at the end of the 3rd stage involving Ryosuke Takahashi... unless im only remembering the battle stage...

hmm..

i guess we'll have to wait and see.. a mate of mine is going to japan, so ill find out soon

Peace
Spaceboy
Occasional Poster

September 2002
Re: for the initial D fans Mon, 17 March 2003 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
katsuchiyo: if you watch at the end credits, he's working on his car with the members of the redsuns. Now that I think about it, when I wrote earlier about Keiichi Tsuchiya maybe he'll drive he could drive another car as a pro but still drive his reliable hachirocku when "battling" or when needed to. Like I said I know nothing about the manga so its just a thought.
katsuchiyo
Regular

December 2002

Re: for the initial D fans Tue, 18 March 2003 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm.. yeah.

ill have to watch the credits again.. i never noticed it before.

Thanks Smile
Gives me an excuse to put initial D back on Smile
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: for the initial D fans Tue, 18 March 2003 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i heard they are making a new series, Initial E
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: for the initial D fans Tue, 18 March 2003 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pffft initial e. its Project D for the next stage, when he races with the redsuns doing the kengai project.
And we finaly find out about his dad's community meetings (pro drivers and such)

should be good once its made
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: for the initial D fans Tue, 18 March 2003 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Witzl,

I thought it was Initial C ... the prelude to Initial D ... unless you're one step ahead of all of us ... Laughing
katsuchiyo
Regular

December 2002

Re: for the initial D fans Tue, 18 March 2003 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm.. i got Initial Z, anyone want?
Takumi drifts his pushbike aged 2. Very Happy
LOL

Katsu
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: for the initial D fans Wed, 19 March 2003 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tank wrote on Mon, 17 March 2003 10:45

No production company for manga in australia will take up responsibilities for what the series promotes (illegal street racing).

[F&F pizza guy] damn street racers Mad [/F&F]

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: for the initial D fans Thu, 20 March 2003 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe

inital d will go to 6 stages total (thats 1st 2nd 3rd(the movie) battle, extra, 4th, 5th,6th)
in the end of the series takumi ends up going amatuer then pro
and he keeps the trueno dont you all worry.

in the manga he says the WRX is ownage but he cant dismiss his beloved hachi. rumor has it that the panda gets the works (i mean the entire works) when he goes amatuer with the kengai team (if you remember Ryousuke Takahashi saying he only has a year or so left and he wants to train takumi and keisuke?) tak and keisuke apparently enter comps in team drift an FD3S and a hachi and they go pro.

bunta was training him all along in accordance to this "community meetings" stuff. apparently the meetings are racer + race company meetings, he is in talks with all the teams there to get takumi in to amatuer then to pro. Keiichi Tsuchya makes an appearance in 5th and 6th stages apparently

thats as much as i know, most of it is translated from japanese manga forums but it still "rumor"

oh and you missed the suzuki cappucino (the hardest race for takumi yet!)

[Updated on: Thu, 20 March 2003 07:37]

Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: for the initial D fans Thu, 20 March 2003 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what kinda name is that for a car? cuppacino, geez, suzuki suk when it comes to originality Laughing
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: for the initial D fans Thu, 20 March 2003 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This managa sounds really kool! I like Kenshin & Evangelion plus Gundom, Trigun and most of it actually. But something based around cars sounds sweet!!! I was wondering if someone had the whole set or something on VCD, they could burn it for me and post if my way and I'll send you a Money order for the cost of the CD's and postage. If you want to get the new series over here, you might want to contact "Madman Australia" they seem to distribute nearly all the managa that we get this way. http://www.madman.com.au/

Anyway someone PM me Smile (please...ehheheeh)
Spaceboy
Occasional Poster

September 2002
Re: for the initial D fans Thu, 20 March 2003 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I doubt Madman would take up the series. TokyoPop already has the rights to it.

But I am looking forward to seeing what happens next. So thats what Bunta's been doing at those meetings. But as I was driving home the other day, at a set of light guess what pulled up next to me? A Black and White Sprinter. Shocked Finally seen one in real life now. WOOT!
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: for the initial D fans Thu, 20 March 2003 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dunno ... heard that there's one cruising around Sunnybank but there can't be that many around Brizzy ... what time was it? Perhaps it was this one?

http://www.members.optushome.com.au/magneticrose/evo12.JPG
Spaceboy
Occasional Poster

September 2002
Re: for the initial D fans Thu, 20 March 2003 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah must have been the one around the Sunnybank area. It pulled up next to me on Wednesday night at around 8:30-9:00pm at the lights where QUT is. I lost it on the highway but saw it again in front of me when we stopped at the lights on the Sunnybank Mains Rd exit. Why Dodgy_Haro, do you know it or was that you?
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: for the initial D fans Thu, 20 March 2003 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah ... wasn't me then ...

I've heard of it but haven't seen that one. Mine's the one in the pic btw ... it WAS at Sunnybank but over the weekend though ... Smile
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: for the initial D fans Thu, 20 March 2003 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone seen best motoring 6? They do a real life initial D thing and race An AE86 against an R34 GTR. It is good to watch, the GTR hammers him on the straights but the hachi-roku catches up on the corners.

Check it out.
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: for the initial D fans Fri, 21 March 2003 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u can get that on kazaa, type in hachiroku special in the search field.
and its 2 truenos racing 1 GTR
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: for the initial D fans Fri, 21 March 2003 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, in the show, he's always saying that he learnt by driving around Akina for 5 years delivering Tofu.

WHO DOES HE DELIVER TOFU TO?

At the top of the peak theres a car park and thats it. I've never seen more.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: for the initial D fans Fri, 21 March 2003 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he delivers the tofu to the hotel on lake akina

if you had have watched it carefully bunta does say it
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: for the initial D fans Fri, 21 March 2003 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Still doesn't explain why he needs to go up the hill. The bottom of the hill is the town. The top is the car park. Where is the lake?
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: for the initial D fans Fri, 21 March 2003 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
down the other side of the hill
the mountain pass is the road connecting the lake to the town

*sigh*

simple concept really....
Spaceboy
Occasional Poster

September 2002
Re: for the initial D fans Fri, 21 March 2003 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bassaholic55: I read that on some of the options videos that it actually does have (I think) a 170hp?? car going up against some of the newer powerful cars like the EVOs, skylines.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: for the initial D fans Sat, 22 March 2003 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Takumi's car is based on Tsuchya's real life car.

It's the one that won in the two AE86 vs R34 video. The other car that races the R34 is Iida's (another famous drifter guy).
Notice how tight the track is though. The R34 never had a chance against cars so light.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: for the initial D fans Sat, 22 March 2003 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keiichi Tsuchya's ae86 trueno has upwards of 220 bhp and his turbo levin has 250+

not bad for a car with a dry weight of 770Kg's
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: for the initial D fans Sat, 22 March 2003 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does anyone have any more of these movies on cd?
i have only seen 3, and would love to see the others.
justin
Spaceboy
Occasional Poster

September 2002
Re: for the initial D fans Sat, 22 March 2003 13:57 Go to previous message
Which movies juzzo84? So far they've only released up to battle stage. What has been released so far is available from ebay, or if you want most can be downloaded but might take a while. I havent seen what Keiichi Tsuchiya trueno looks like but I think I've seen his Levin. Does it have a black bonnet?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:TOYOTA NATIONALS ENTRY FORMS.hurry last days!!!
Next Topic:What to do????
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Sep 28 01:20:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065100193023682 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.