Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
thefastj
Regular

January 2003
question for 1UZ Crown experts Fri, 21 March 2003 09:40 Go to next message
ok i've got my half-cut and need to know what something is...

there is a little box (like a computer box) that site just in front of the auto shifter....what is this??

it has wires running up into the dash (front of car?) and then wires that ran to the back of the car (chopped in half-cut now), is this to do with ABS or traction control or something, it doesn't say on it...

thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
digitalts
Occasional Poster

November 2002
Re: question for 1UZ Crown experts Sat, 22 March 2003 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What model Crown?
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: question for 1UZ Crown experts Sat, 22 March 2003 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't remember such a thing on our half cut...(crown UZS 131), and all the ECU's are labelled anyway, e.g. traction control, ABS, air bag, engine, ECT, etc. etc. etc., so I'd doubt it was important probably anyway.
thefastj
Regular

January 2003
Re: question for 1UZ Crown experts Sun, 23 March 2003 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah it is a UZS131...

and yeah i can clearly see the ECU (engine) and ECT, but just don't know what this little thing is..

found out that it had one plug going up into the dash and it was UNPLUGGED and i can't find where it went (great Confused ), and all other wires on it went back somewhere..

just while we're on the topic and since i haven't come across it yet, where is the traction control ECU located?? (just to save me having to find it! Very Happy )

thanks
redsx
Newcomer

March 2003
Re: question for 1UZ Crown experts Fri, 28 March 2003 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's not the box for the aduio controls in the back,does it have fujitsu Ten on it? I pull mine apart over a yr ago I think there was airbag ECU under consle as well. Trac. control goes though engine ECU and ABS from memory.
thefastj
Regular

January 2003
Re: question for 1UZ Crown experts Sat, 29 March 2003 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no, it doesn't say fugitsu or anything like that on it...

here is a pic of what it looks like and where it was
..if i can get the pics to upload, never done it b4! Surprised

http://home.iprimus.com.au/aaron83/middle_box.jpg
u can see in that pic what it looked like (sort of)...that blue plug at the top was heading into the dash but wasn't hooked up and i couldn't find the other plug it went into!!

http://home.iprimus.com.au/aaron83/dash.jpg
u can just see it behind the gearstick on either side...there was one plug going to the dash then 2 different plugs heading to the rear of the car.

i don't think it says anything on it... Confused

any ideas...

[Updated on: Sat, 29 March 2003 09:09]

redsx
Newcomer

March 2003
Re: question for 1UZ Crown experts Wed, 02 April 2003 02:58 Go to previous message
The module in the photo is the unit which connects the controls in the back for the stereo. Mine has a sticker on it saying Fujitsu Ten Limited I guess the number on top is part No. 86114-30020 model UU-120 then the ser. No. but mine is identical to your photo. The blue plug should go into the back of the radio/cassette/cd player. I doubt you want to use it as the radio not ging to fit any thing. What are you using the motor in?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Over-reving when downshifting.
Next Topic:XForce, anyone??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Oct 3 02:42:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059380531311035 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.