Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » NT/TAS » going to dubbo from canberra?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
going to dubbo from canberra? Mon, 24 March 2003 02:14 Go to next message
ok whos going to the toynats?

anyone still interested in a convoy?

im gunna be leaving on friday morning, and im really keen on going with other people,

so does anyone wanna meet at Gateway servo or anything?
  Send a private message to this user    
jezz
Regular

January 2003
Re: going to dubbo from canberra? Mon, 24 March 2003 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolling Rolling Rolling Rolling Rolling Rolling Rolling Rolling Rolling Rolling Rolling Rolling

I'm Coming I'm coming !!!

IN my very own brand new Car!

( Celica its not a right its a privilege)
benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: going to dubbo from canberra? Mon, 24 March 2003 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The celica group is convoying, mate. Talk to Phil Eacott. His number is on the March get-together thread
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: going to dubbo from canberra? Mon, 24 March 2003 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We will be dicsussing this at the go karts, so no need to get too panicky at the moment. Speaking of which, there are still only 4 people that have paid and I have to advise the track on Friday. Better get your act together and call me on
0412 699 144.

alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: going to dubbo from canberra? Mon, 24 March 2003 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
phil can you grab my money from dad at work?
that would be great..

oh ill also be able to pay off the car this week i hope.. Sad

also gotta pay for the toy nats this week too...
so many bills!!!!
so little time lol
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: going to dubbo from canberra? Tue, 25 March 2003 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you give the money to your dad, then I can grab it off him. To make it easier on you, pay me half of what you paid me last fortnight. Geez I am good to you.

TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: going to dubbo from canberra? Wed, 26 March 2003 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like we have quite a few CCG cars going to Dubbo this Easter for the Toyota Nationals. I will have 'Tweety' back on the road by then and am looking at heading off at approx 10am on the Friday. Anyone interested in meeting up and travelling together?

Phil Eacott has done a great deal of work on the Toy Nat Committee to organise this and I for one am really keen to check out all things Toyota at Dubbo. If you are interested in coming along accommodation is limited so you had better get in quick.

Please email me if you wish to travel together on the Friday and we cam make arrangements.

Cheers.

Mitch

PS Any more takers for the CCG Go-karts this sundy!
jezz
Regular

January 2003
Re: going to dubbo from canberra? Wed, 26 March 2003 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does anyone know the definite numbers for canberra people going ?
And how big a convoy we might have ?

( mitch i reckon all the 22's up front)
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: going to dubbo from canberra? Wed, 26 March 2003 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Usual story, a lot saying they are going but I do know of about 5 or 6 cars that are going. Some have to leave at diferent times so why I am trying to get as many together.

Definately 22s up front!

Mitch CCG
jezz
Regular

January 2003
Re: going to dubbo from canberra? Wed, 26 March 2003 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just sent my form and a friends ( corolla KE 20) so im definatly coming.

Fella's its only 15 bucks to enter (show and shine) after that all you have to pay is for food and petrol tent sites are cheap as

Dubbo City Caravan Park
Powered Campsite - $30 per night for up to 4 people ($6.00 for extra adult)
( $7.50 a person is not too bad )

Phone: 02 6882 4820 for bookings.

C'mon we gotta represent canberra
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: going to dubbo from canberra? Thu, 27 March 2003 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sent my forms in today
and as for 22's up front, well thats ok
koz someones gotta make my car look good now dont they! Very Happy

and yeah im keen on traveling together
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: going to dubbo from canberra? Thu, 27 March 2003 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im going to ring amanda or phill now and get a fax no to send my form in

[Updated on: Thu, 27 March 2003 03:11]

jezz
Regular

January 2003
Re: going to dubbo from canberra? Thu, 27 March 2003 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fax number for amanda skennerton is 07 3397 9652 the cheque has to be made out to TOYNATS

( don't forget you have to send a photo with the forms)

Cheers

Jeremy
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: going to dubbo from canberra? Fri, 28 March 2003 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im in, Im in.
Forms been sent in money has been paid.
We should get a convoy organised that would look pretty good with a sh$t load of top little likas all going up.
Is there such thing as CCG stickers to put on the cars or even if there is a design templet somewhere if so maybe we could all put in some money and get some printed up, thoughts anybody?
benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: going to dubbo from canberra? Sat, 29 March 2003 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats a great idea, Jason. If you're coming karting tomorrow, talk to phil or mitch about it, if not, i'll certainly drop the hint. quite a lot like all the cars that were in summernats 16 are still driving around with their orange "16" stickers
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: going to dubbo from canberra? Sat, 29 March 2003 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I talked to Phill the other day to tell him that i wasn't going karting but he convinced me to turn up to the BBQ at about 12 so i will see you guys there
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: going to dubbo from canberra? Sat, 29 March 2003 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When is the cut off date for entry forms? It looks like I might be able to come to dubbo now Very Happy
benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: going to dubbo from canberra? Sat, 29 March 2003 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yesterday
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: going to dubbo from canberra? Sun, 30 March 2003 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whoo Hooo dead line extended for 1 more week, Better get my shit together!!
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: going to dubbo from canberra? Mon, 31 March 2003 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Due to popular demand.....there will be a 'convoy' of cars leaving Canberra at 9 am on Friday 18 April 2003 for Dubbo. The earlier start time of 9 am has been chosen to allow for a more leisurely 5 hour trip!

The Canberra Celica Group (CCG) and any other interested parties, will meet at the ACT/NSW border on the Barton Highway north of Canberra. We intend to just travel the main highway all the way and not take the 'options' of the many back roads.

So basically just turn up at 9 am and we will leave at 9.15. Just look for my bright yellow TA22 'Tweety'!!!

Cheers.

Mitch Sloan
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: going to dubbo from canberra? Mon, 31 March 2003 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rest assured, right next to the stunningly yellow tweety
will be the not so pretty "white bitch"

lol Laughing
jezz
Regular

January 2003
Re: going to dubbo from canberra? Mon, 31 March 2003 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And behind that the Red dragon
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: going to dubbo from canberra? Mon, 31 March 2003 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Following that old yella with borrowed wheels for the weekend.
Sorry i missed you guys at the karts on sun i ended up working till about 7 that night.
Hey phill or mitch did you read my post on stickers or the likes a bit further up the page. Any thoughts?
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: going to dubbo from canberra? Mon, 31 March 2003 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stickers are being designed,

saying canberra celica group with the web address under that

should look good!!
jezz
Regular

January 2003
Re: going to dubbo from canberra? Mon, 31 March 2003 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pleaseeeee not bright yellow how bout a normal every day colour like white???? any other suggestions??
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: going to dubbo from canberra? Tue, 01 April 2003 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah phil was saying he wants them to be half as tall

white..

and have the social ccg website underneath

celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: going to dubbo from canberra? Thu, 03 April 2003 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The stickers are under control and are being handled by Mitch. You will need to contact Mitch for further information about them. Mitch can be contacted on 0408 994 410.

Back to Dubbo for a minute or three. Those that are going, I need a favour from all of you. A while back I mentioned I have a heap of promotional gear that needs to be taken to Dubbo for the Nationals.

The pressure is now upon those that put your hands up and volunteered. Next weekend (12/13 March), I will need everyone to drop round my place to collect there share of the goodies for transportation.

Could you call me next week preferably Friday (11 March) so that final arrangements can be made for collection of this gear. I can be contacted on 0412 699 144.

Thanks in advance.

TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: going to dubbo from canberra? Thu, 03 April 2003 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good point Phil. It would be really appreciated if everyone could spare a bit of boot space for the TOYATS cause. I think we owe it to Phil after all the work he has done over the year to ensure this years TOYNATS is a goer this time.

Please help if you can.

Cheers

Mitch

jezz
Regular

January 2003
Re: going to dubbo from canberra? Thu, 03 April 2003 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds good
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: going to dubbo from canberra? Mon, 07 April 2003 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok guys. Those going to Dubbo hands up. I will be needing some boot space form most of you for all the goodies that I have to take to Dubbo.

So far only Gumby, Mitch and Ben have showed up for collection. Thanks guys.

I am thinking of having a detailing bee at my place this Sunday. Prerequisite is wash your car and degrease your engine bay before you come over. I can then assist you detail your car.

Bring over your polish and polishing cloths along with window cleaner, tyre cleaner and anything else you think you will need to bring with you to make your car stand out more than what it does now.

Start time is 9.00am this Sunday 13 April. If now one calls me to let me know they are coming over I will be at Mitch's place putting on the final touches to his car.

jezz
Regular

January 2003
Re: going to dubbo from canberra? Mon, 07 April 2003 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Me,

i don't know how much stuff i can take in my boot though the detailing sounds good do you have a heat gun so i can take that black pin strip and louver clips off the car? also i know this is embarassing but what do you degrease on your engine and what do you cover???
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: going to dubbo from canberra? Mon, 07 April 2003 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes I have a heat gun. Try not to wet your plugs and cover the distributor cap with a plastic bag and degrease the rest including under the bonnet.

jezz
Regular

January 2003
Re: going to dubbo from canberra? Mon, 07 April 2003 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yay no more black lines or clip things on my window
benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: going to dubbo from canberra? Mon, 07 April 2003 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there Phil, my engine bay is filthy, i wanna clean it up so i can paint the grooves red. I'll call you on tuesday some time.

9:00 am is a bit early isnt it? Wink
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
icon6.gif  Re: going to dubbo from canberra? Mon, 07 April 2003 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wondering how long would the detailing session on sunday go for?
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: going to dubbo from canberra? Mon, 07 April 2003 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel,

Depends on how many people turn up!

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: going to dubbo from canberra? Tue, 08 April 2003 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also Phil did you still need more people with spare boot space to carry some things to Dubbo for you? Very Happy
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: going to dubbo from canberra? Tue, 08 April 2003 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel,

I certainly do. At this stage only 3 people have collected stuff. Your liftback space would be greatly appreciated.

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: going to dubbo from canberra? Wed, 09 April 2003 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well then I will probably pop around Sunday morning, just if you can send your address to my e-mail so I know where to go. Rolling Eyes
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: going to dubbo from canberra? Wed, 09 April 2003 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey there Phil, I could probably spare you a couple of cubic feet of boot space.
Let me know what you have, and when to collect!

Regards Chuck.
jezz
Regular

January 2003
Re: going to dubbo from canberra? Wed, 09 April 2003 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
phil that emailing address thing good idea

jeremy.marsh@getronics.com
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: going to dubbo from canberra? Thu, 10 April 2003 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel/Chuck,

If you can drop over, perferably Sunday morning, I can show you what I required to be taken from there. Give me a call on 0412 699 144 for my address as I would prefer not to post it across the net.

Thanks in advance.

celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: going to dubbo from canberra? Sat, 12 April 2003 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys,

Just thought of something.

If you are wanting to consume alcohol on Good Friday, I suggest you bring your alcohol with you. Dubbo is famous for its zoo and nothing opened on Good Friday. Every other day is fine for purchasing of grog, just not Good Friday.

See ya all there, if not before.

Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: going to dubbo from canberra? Sat, 12 April 2003 07:11 Go to previous message
Nice work Phill i would have been caught wih no grog
I might be able to spare a little of my back seat if you still need to get some stuff taken to dubbo. I will go over to mitche's place on sun for my sticker if you want to take some stuff there and i will pick it up. Otherwise i could maybe pick it up some time during the week.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Canberra, who wants too go for a cruise?
Next Topic:Dodgy Mechanics In Canberra
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:57:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0078508853912354 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.