Toymods » Tech & Conversions » AW11 engine mount question

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
pulcino
Regular

November 2002
icon5.gif  AW11 engine mount question Wed, 26 March 2003 22:48 Go to next message
Does anyone know if the rear most engine mout on my mr2 AW11 is tha same on an auto and a manual. If not does anyone have an auto one?
  Send a private message to this user    
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: AW11 engine mount question Thu, 27 March 2003 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nope they're different and no I don't have one I'm afraid.

What's wrong with the one you have at the moment?
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 engine mount question Thu, 27 March 2003 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak
bugger.... i already packed the box..... Laughing

Joshstix,
what exactly is different about them?
pulcino
Regular

November 2002
Re: AW11 engine mount question Thu, 27 March 2003 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The rubber has totally come appart and allows the moter to travel alott. DAM DRIFT SESSION !!!!
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: AW11 engine mount question Fri, 28 March 2003 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have only seen the one at a wrecker and it had different mounting points on the box end. If you're changing to a manual box then I assume you'll change the mount as well especially since the one you've got is stuffed.

I can't say I payed a huge amount of attention but the chassis end I would assume will be the same. I never saw the chassis end. Either way where there's a will there's a way, and it can be done.
pulcino
Regular

November 2002
Re: AW11 engine mount question Fri, 28 March 2003 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will fit a manuel when i fit the holy shit moter I have planned but for now the auto works fine and the engine mount is absolutely stuffed.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 engine mount question Fri, 28 March 2003 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so i wonder if the auto box part of the mount will bolt onto the chassis part of the manual mount.
oh well, i guess you will find out on tuesday morning... Smile
pulcino
Regular

November 2002
Re: AW11 engine mount question Fri, 28 March 2003 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keep ya fingers crossed. Cos thats what Im gunna look at.
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: AW11 engine mount question Fri, 28 March 2003 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You could go with the urethane as well. Even just use the window sealer type to fix the mount until you get a real gearbox and new mounts into it.
pulcino
Regular

November 2002
Re: AW11 engine mount question Fri, 28 March 2003 09:33 Go to previous message
I was thinkin that. I got toyota lookin into one they said cos its an import they may have to get it ex japan $$$$$. Wait to see what they come up with. My GT used to break new engine mounts every twoo weeks so I ended up welding two pieces of chain on them at the end of the rubbers stroke. Maybe ill get all dodgy till I can get a replacement. The auto is a good box and definately handles tha power.Takes a little getting used to but hooks up fine. STUPID ENGINE MOUNT!!!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Wiring Diagram 1g-gte
Next Topic:20V teething problems
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Sep 29 19:26:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046041011810303 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.