Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there !

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon1.gif  JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Fri, 28 March 2003 00:26 Go to next message
Toymods Dyno Day 7 Cool
Proudly Supported by and held at:
Premier Auto Centre.
20 Sunblest Cres. Mt Druitt NSW 2770

Cost:
Members $30
Non-Members $35

Thats right the 7th Bi Annual Toymods Dyno Day is now firmly in place and scheduled for Sunday July 6th 2003. (8.00am Start !) As usual this is your chance to sort the walk from the talk as Toymodders and friends turn the rollers and strut their stuff. Recent Dyno days have seen around 60 cars compete on the day and a great Social atmosphere with more spectators than competitors talking Toyota and seeing whats on offer.

The day is open to members and non members alike, all vehicles both Toyota and inferior, I mean otherwise are more than welcome.

Each vehicle will receive one Run on the 4WD Dyno at Premier Auto Centre.

WE ARE STILL LOKKING FOR A SPONSOR FOR THIS EVENT ! Please contact Rod Try on 0416 181 284 if your are interested in being the Sponsor for Dyno Day 7 !

FOOD !
The Day will start with Bacon and Egg rolls for Breakfast at $2.50 for members and $3.00 for non-members

For Lunch members will be able to buy a Sausage Sandwich for $2 and a cold can of drink for $1. Non members will be able to buy a Sausage Sandwich for $2.50 and a cold can of drink for $1.

TROPHIES.

We will be offering 8 Class categories on the day with the overall Killerwatt King perpetual trophy going to the highest overall score of the day.

Vehicles will be eligible to compete in only one PRIMARY class. The vehicle owner may choose to compete in a higher class but must do so before their Dyno Run.

The 4 Primary classes are:

Under 1800cc N/A Class
Under 1800cc Forced Induction Class
Over 1800cc N/A Class
Over 1800cc Forced Induction Class.

The 4 Secondary Class Trophies are:

Top Single Cam
Top 4WD
Top Supercharged
Sponsors Choice (If no sponsor it is Toymods Board Choice)

And finally Most improved.*

* The Most improved Trophy is for the member with the Highest percentage kw increase on his/her car from the prvious Dyno day. It must be the same Vehicle and must be back to back Dyno days where the entrant was a Financial member for BOTH events.

Class Trophies will be Presented at the end of the day as will the Trophy for the Killerwatt King proudly sponsored by Redline Motorsport.

TROPHY ELIGIBILITY.

# Only FINANCIAL Toymods members are eligible for trophies
# Only TOYOTA powered vehicles are eligible for trophies. At a bare minimum both the block and head must be of Toyota origin.
# Toymods Membership if due or new on the day must be paid BEFORE your dyno run
# Only your first Dyno Run counts towards the trophies. Should you wish to have a second run on the dyno you are more than welcome to do so. All are welcome to pay for a second run if time allows However Only the first run will be elegible for consideration. Time permitting Second Runs will be available at the end of the day.

The Offical Judging team on the day will accept comment from each vehicle owner BEFORE the car is unstrapped from the Dyno. The Judges Decision regarding any possible re-run is Final.

# The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. No arguments will be tolerated with the Dyno Operators and any inappropriate behaviour will result in the offending competeitor being asked to leave.

CLASS SELECTION.

The class eligibility for your vehicle is based on the presence of forced induction be it Turbo or Supercharger and the capacity of your engine. Since there is no way to determine an engine's internal modification capacity is based on the Original Factory capacity of the block used.

There are no boost limits for the forced induction classes, the toymods car club does not handicap those people who have constructed an engine capable of supporting higher boost levels. Summernats no longer imposes a boost restriction so we see no reason too.

Should you have any further questions please feel free to contact the toymods board on board@toymods.org.au

The Toymods Car Club Encourages Responsible driving to and from all of its events.

[Updated on: Mon, 07 July 2003 06:49] by Moderator

Send a private message to this user    
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon14.gif  Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Fri, 28 March 2003 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Should be there, never taken the RAV4 for a dyno run before - should I say I've never taken ANY car I've owned for a dyno run! Shocked Probably a futile effort (96kw stock figures, straight out of the manual Evil or Very Mad), but will be interesting to see what she can pull out on the day. Very Happy
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Fri, 28 March 2003 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Count me in. As this will be the second dyno run for my car, I will have to do some mods between now and then and show an improvement. That means that the diff conversion will have to be made too. How much did you say it costs??????
TRACTION_ISSUES
Regular

May 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Fri, 28 March 2003 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dyno day.......
3 months to fiddle......

oh bring that shit oooooonnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Fri, 28 March 2003 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Fri, 28 March 2003 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll be there again, with another steady increase in power.
Hmmmm, GT30 me thinks. Now just to find the funds
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Fri, 28 March 2003 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my supercharged ta22 2tgeu will be there to turn the roller for the first dyno day attendance.
look for about 100 at the wheels
justin
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Fri, 28 March 2003 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i will bring the camera for some mad roller run pics
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Sat, 29 March 2003 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will be there, and so will my Supra Turbo Group A. Looking to give the supra a good thrashing and sqeeze every last KW out of her..GO the FREAKE Supra !!! This one is for the 7MGTE Boys !! Lets see what we can do.
mouse man
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Sun, 30 March 2003 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh my little chariot should be just finished be interesting to see how she goes
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Sun, 30 March 2003 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well fingers crossed I'll be owning a TA22 or MA61 by then, and also a member Smile All going to the mid June deadline for a new car.......
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Mon, 31 March 2003 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there. Definately looking forward to it.
mouse man
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Tue, 01 April 2003 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey pete i was next to you at the driveins in the white ta22
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Wed, 02 April 2003 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah yeah, nice car Smile Welcome to the forums!
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Sun, 06 April 2003 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mouse man wrote on Tue, 01 April 2003 17:56

hey pete i was next to you at the driveins in the white ta22

heya pete, were you at the drive in???
i was there, shame we did not meet!!
justin
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Sun, 06 April 2003 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Made a cammeo appearance in my mates charade. Parked up next to the white celica (kinda in front of Karl). Came in late.

Pity we didn't meet. Next time.
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Tue, 08 April 2003 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does any one know if that celica with the v8 TT motor will be there cause if so i anit even bothering.....

there is one thing i didnt like the way the dyno day is setup
u have 1.8 below and the u have 1.8 and above foreced induction for 1.8 and below and then 1.8 above forced as well...
i know u have added more seprate like superchared etc...
but what i find unfair is that a v8 or v6 can go in the same as a 4 cyl..... there is not much of a chance of wining aganst a v8 tt realisticly with out spending big bucks..... even so its just too hard.... i just find that there should be more catagories thats all sorry for having a windge but it may attract more competers i mean i know i have no chance of wining with that thing there.... 246kw at the treads thats pretty hard especally being a year ago im sure hes done more....
just a thought and again sorry for winging
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Tue, 08 April 2003 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's not just about winning... it's about having a run on the dyno to see if you can improve your figures over the last time it turned the rollers. It's also about having a good day as well, and to pick up a trophy would be considered an added bonus (especially for me Very Happy).

I agree with your comments however, but I think there's enough categories, both in the primary AND secondary classes. It's just a matter of who's better on the day. Wink
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Tue, 08 April 2003 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BigFella_73 wrote on Tue, 08 April 2003 11:43

It's not just about winning..

Damn right. I havn't won at all but I still go along. See the faces of the people and to sort out when someone says they have a more powerful car IF they really do or not.

Put your money where your mouth is kinda thing.

Plus the dyno is cheap and well run.

Toymods has never really been a competetive place, more to help out a fellow car enthusiast to get what he/she wants out of their car. Trophies are just a way to get people to strive for a bit more power.
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Tue, 08 April 2003 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys dont get me wrong i was just tring to make a point i do go i havent competed before but i do go t watch as i know my figures on the dyno... and either way it would be great fun as it is i know.
as i said i was just making a comment on the catagories as i think there should be more i was just putting in perspective thats all.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Tue, 08 April 2003 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2REV UP,

Mate we do here what your saying and sure in an ideal situation there would be alot more trophys but we have our limitations.

The focus of the Dyno days isn't winning or getting a trophy, Its about the social interaction and getting some real solid vehicle comparrisons. It removes the bullshit and puts it all on a level playing field. It also gives our members a regular chance to really see the improvements they have made to their car between events

Because its got a social focus we try and keep the cost as low as we possibly can and that means we simply cannot afford to offer a huge range of trophies. Crying or Very Sad

As for your comment about Jamies Twin Turbo V8, I'm not sure if he is coming up yet but either way its not an unbeatable figure. A well packaged 1JZGTE or 2JZGTE or even 1GGTE could topple the 245kw mark !

Sure for a 4 Cylinder like a 3S it is a big ask ( But still possible !) but there will always be an engine at the bottom of each category and thats something I can't do much about sorry !

Hope you understand the clubs limitations on this. And hey the more poeple that compete the more Trophies we can consider for the next one but either way we appreciate everyone who attends the day.
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Wed, 09 April 2003 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thetoyman75 wrote on Wed, 09 April 2003 09:26

2REV UP,
As for your comment about Jamies Twin Turbo V8, I'm not sure if he is coming up yet but either way its not an unbeatable figure. A well packaged 1JZGTE or 2JZGTE or even 1GGTE could topple the 245kw mark !

Sure for a 4 Cylinder like a 3S it is a big ask ( But still possible !) but there will always be an engine at the bottom of each category and thats something I can't do much about sorry !

Rod & MR.2
You really under estimate the 3SGTE in a RWD application. Sure 245KW is i big ask of a 3S in a GT4 but not in an MR2.

The MR2 make 126Kw @ wheels in stock form,based on a Gen III.
A good 3" exhaust all the way through (30Kw)
Hi flowed turbo (30-40Kw)
better flowing filter and cold air ducting (5-10Kw)
and boost at 17 PSI (50Kw)

This should see you to around 241KW @ the wheels
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Wed, 09 April 2003 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here's a bit of a curly one - I've seen how my RAV4's back wheels turn while they're in the air (actually, on a hoist). They "trail" to the front wheels, whille the front wheels are turning at full-pace, the rear ones are only turning at about half to two-third's the front wheels speed. How would this work on a dyno?

If the RAV4 were to go on the dyno, because it's an AWD with a viscous centre differential, not a true 4WD, how would it go with all 4 wheels turning the rollers? Would the rear wheels give a different reading to the front's? Confused
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Wed, 09 April 2003 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not sure how it measures it but the GT4 is similar in setup although there is more power to the rear.
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Wed, 09 April 2003 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not to worry, I think I got it sorted. The RAV4 has a Centre Diff Lock (or CDL) button on the dashboard, which is hardly ever used. Switch it on and all 4 wheels turn together at the same speed. Should be ok to use on the rollers. Wink
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Wed, 09 April 2003 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It would depend on the torque split from the centre diff. As the GT4 was designed as a rally car, more power is sent to the rear wheels Very Happy . The Rav4 is a road car, therefore in the aim of safe driving, more power is sent to the front wheels Sad . They just don't get it. If you have the option, rear drive is much better. I wonder if you could easily reverse the torque split on the Rav4 centre diff Rolling Eyes
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Wed, 09 April 2003 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys i know its possable... not to brag im quite close to the figure as is (224kw rear wheel)but cant beat it Sad and again i know its not all about wining but it would be great to be rewarded thats all...
and by the way i have to say thanx for the reply thetoyman its apprectated... im sure i will see u there.
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Wed, 09 April 2003 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Another 20KW wont be hard to get out of your car.
What mods have you done so far? and how much boost were you running to get that figure?
Bandit
Regular

May 2002
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Wed, 09 April 2003 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool Hey all, I will be there for sure. I enjoyed the last dyno day. I am also going to run the Echo. Hopefully will get a good figure. She's 65kw as stock (well thats wot the book says anyway)
and know that i have put an exhaust on it, it mite get over 70kw (i hope! Laughing )
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Thu, 10 April 2003 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i will be there. I'll do the world of 18R PROUD!
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Thu, 10 April 2003 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll bring my wagon back bigger and better this time round.

I'm up and keen for a little competition from the toymods slut car (joe's Corona Mark II) to try and defend my title of TOP SINGLE CAM from dyno day 6.

Should be a great day evceryone please come and lets see these rollers turn baby turn.

Also I should be one of the lowest crown's there but lets see if clubagreenie brings the MARFIA crown. Then the'll be some real pimping cars around.
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Thu, 10 April 2003 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
20psi - high flowed (ct26), exhaust, ems (tuned by ems themselfs), shit loads of headwork..., forged wistco pistions balanced shotpeened crank and rods, arp studs through out the whole motor, head studs main studs etc... more but i cant think....
i can up the boost more i suppose but the turbo is cutting to its limits there.... need a bigger turbo get the big power...
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Fri, 11 April 2003 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr.2,
If Joe (Boost) can make 180Kw @ all 4's in a GT4.
Stock ECU, 4" dump pipe, 3" exhaust, hi-flowed CT26, cold air feed,@1 Bar boost.

You should be able to make atleast 220KW @1.2 Bar on stock ECU.

Now with the mods youve done @20PSI, i would be expecting 250+KW. The only problem i can think of with your setup, without knowing enough about it is that the guys at EMS tuned it either really moderately for reliability or just dont know how to tune for max power.
Matt16v
Regular

I supported Toymods

February 2003
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Fri, 11 April 2003 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gee,

dont worry about MR.2... he just doesnt like loosing, hey brad! Very Happy Very Happy hehehe..

brad, your car is fast now.. all you have to do is learn how to drive.. Razz Razz Razz

Laughing

juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Sat, 12 April 2003 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
big changes happening in my garage, i have ditched the idea of the supercharged 2tgeu and have opted for the 3t crank,full balanced, ported and polished head, custom headers, and 2 litre injectors with the microtech digi1.
so i shall see yall there.
justin
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Sat, 12 April 2003 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
juzzo84 wrote on Sat, 12 April 2003 10:47

big changes happening in my garage, i have ditched the idea of the supercharged 2tgeu and have opted for the 3t crank,full balanced, ported and polished head, custom headers, and 2 litre injectors with the microtech digi1.
so i shall see yall there.
justin

Will that be ready for the Nats???
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Sat, 12 April 2003 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah benny, she wont be running for the nats, im going in tristans car, unless i can roll in the rolla with you???
justin
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Sun, 13 April 2003 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Juzzo, you're welcome to cruise with me man... I don't got a passenger...

How big is that tent that you're bringing though... Cause everything will have to fit on the back seat...
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Sun, 13 April 2003 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheStitt Wrote :
I'll bring my wagon back bigger and better this time round.
I'm up and keen for a little competition from the toymods slut car (joe's Corona Mark II) to try and defend my title of TOP SINGLE CAM from dyno day 6.

is there a top single cam totle or just a joke title - if so - i know of a certain celica that would take that challenge up - If jeremy brings my old pig along .. The old 2tb has been cammed - and tuned - though i dont know as yet what figures its making - id be keen to see the old girl on the rollers ..

At this stage im also going to try to make it to Dyno day - i have a few extra days upo my sleeve holidays wise so i might bring the Gt4 along for a fun roll - it wont be taking any titles home for sure if Steve bignall, gee120 , or danny get their Gt4's there ! but it would be interesting to see what in fact the exhaust boost controller and other little stuff can do to increase an otherwise stock Gt4's figures

DavGT4
Regular

I supported Toymods
Toymods Special Events Coordinator

March 2003
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Tue, 22 April 2003 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
don't worry stuart, my GT4 isn't too far from stock either... i'll be at the bottom end of the scale for sure, but it would be interesting to see how the GT4's compare!? Very Happy

If all's going well, I should have a cold air filter in by then Razz ... might help the old girl along a bit??

hope to see you (and the GT4) there........
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Wed, 23 April 2003 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If i can get the time off ( ie 4 days straight ) ill be there !

might even sign my life away as a toymods member too - for the cheap snags of course Wink

So bring some damn membership forms guys Wink

DavGT4 - good exhaust and good airfilter/induction seems to work wonders as the basis of power - ups on GT4's

Mine feels so much more pokey than a friends Stock Group A - but then again - i do have a boost controller which does help the surge build
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Wed, 23 April 2003 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dave & Stu,
If you want some good reading on what mods work well on your GT4's, get this months issue of ZOOM and go to page 60. Not only will you find my car there but Mikey wrote a great article on proven methods for mods that work well.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Thu, 24 April 2003 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll have to get it then !

i think the next " power" mod ill be looking at is some sort of better air filter / cold induction setup - those dont get me in trouble ! Wink
DavGT4
Regular

I supported Toymods
Toymods Special Events Coordinator

March 2003
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Fri, 25 April 2003 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be heading off to the newsagent then!! Very Happy

Stu... (not that I know a lot) but I've found that HKS have an air filter set up built to fit the GT4 (pretty much 'bolt-om').
Still looking into it, but it seems to be a good option. I'm not looking to go crazy with the engine mods.

I'll also look at the boost controller after that... what did you get for yours..? PM me

Enough thread hijacking.... sorry!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Sat, 26 April 2003 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there for sure
and ditrto the membership forms... make sure you have some! (I have a lot of trouble making it to the board meets).

if I pump out more than 150rwkw I'll be happy (which should be effortless). just want to beat my friend's 180sx, which cost him over $22000 all up, to put out 145kw at the wheels.. or maybe it was 165... in htat case, I'll be needing 170rwkw
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Sun, 27 April 2003 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will there be a cruise held the day before by any chance ?

At this stage i have that weekend off so alls looking good - but would love to do dyno day and a cruise - make for a great weekend !

Mijbril
Regular

April 2003
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Sun, 27 April 2003 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Sun, 27 April 2003 17:20

Will there be a cruise held the day before by any chance ?

At this stage i have that weekend off so alls looking good - but would love to do dyno day and a cruise - make for a great weekend !

Yah, if I'm not working, I would like a cruise as well.

Having just bought my car, I'm not overly interested in putting the car over the rollers, but I am interested in seeing the other GT4's & looking at options/possibilities.
DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Mon, 28 April 2003 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

organising an offical cruise might be tricky seeing that the we will be busy organising the actual dyno day that weekend

but if somebody else wants to pick up the ball and organise one... ??

alot of people will be doing last minute adjustments of their cars as well... maybe afterward?

Mijbril - good to see you'll be there... saw another red gt4 in castle hill today and left some toymods info in his car... fingers crossed

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Mon, 28 April 2003 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh - my preperation will be wind the boost controller up and fill the tank full of optimax - and hope they have a decent fan for the intercooler to get nice and chilly

topmounts Suck for heatsoak ( frown )

Anyway - if a cruise cant be organised - id be happy for a meet up and greet session at somewhere nice - ie grab a coffee or something - and talk cars

Or we could go to rods place and turn spanners on his ta22 to get that bugger running for the day Wink ( will we see it rod - or are we pipedreaming ! )

ill bring the duct tape for holding stuff together - someone else can bring the chewing gum !
TRACTION_ISSUES
Regular

May 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Tue, 29 April 2003 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So, how many RWD 3SGTE cars are going???

Cos im ready to hand out ASS WHOOPING'S to all of them!

.....*ducks for cover*.....

white83supra
Regular

March 2003

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Tue, 29 April 2003 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok I am interested in coming along and strapping up my MA61 to the rollers. I have a question first though. I have an auto. The torque converter locks after 85kmh in 4th. Does the dyno let you go that fast or are the readings done in lower gears Embarassed
please excuse ignorance.....errr will the TC locking then give a better or accurate reading of power? It should......
ta
ant
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Wed, 30 April 2003 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ant

the dyno run is done in what ever gear gives you a 1:1 ratio. Not sure, but I think this will be 4th for your supra. Your car will probably make max power at about 130 km/h in this gear.

If your torque converter is locked after 85km/h I am guessing you mean it doesn't allow any slip. So power readings should be accurate.

GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Wed, 30 April 2003 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont know about how the toque trasfer/lock works on a auto, but i'm sure it wont be an issue for your Dyno run as most runs are finish at around 170-180Kph
white83supra
Regular

March 2003

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Wed, 30 April 2003 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smile yep no slip after 85kmh. Thanks for the info guys. Cool, count me in. How do I get a membership? Do I get a sticker? Just in case I get the NA over 1800 trophy Razz
Ta
ant
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Wed, 30 April 2003 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hopefully they'll be taking membership there (hint hint boardies) Smile
DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Wed, 30 April 2003 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
white83supra wrote on Wed, 30 April 2003 18:56

Smile Thanks for the info guys. Cool, count me in. How do I get a membership? Do I get a sticker? Just in case I get the NA over 1800 trophy Razz
Ta
ant

Yup Joe will be there set-up to take memberships... and yes you do get a sticker and a shirt. Smile

mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Wed, 30 April 2003 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guess I'll be forced to make the trip up for this again Evil or Very Mad

With any luck I might crack something a bit fatter than my previous rather average effort - if I manage to get ahold of some *certain parts*.
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Thu, 01 May 2003 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So what if your gearbox doesn't have a gear with a 1:1 ratio? The RAV4 (I'm told) has gear ratios thus...

1st - 3.833:1
2nd - 1.913:1
3rd - 1.258:1
4th - 0.918:1
5th - 0.775:1
Final Drive - 4.933:1

Maximum power output - 96kW @ 5800 RPM (unknown if it's at the fly or wheels)
Maximum torque - 180Nm @ 4400 RPM

These figures are from Toyota, but I don't know if they're correct. Can someone verify these figures if possible? I'm more concerned with the gear ratios though. Confused
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Thu, 01 May 2003 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
By the looks of things, you have changed your wheels, so your effective final gear ratio will have changed anyway.

They will run the car in 4th gear for the test. If you want to cheat a little, put some really small wheels and tyres on your car. This will reduce the effective gearing and you will see an increase in the power seen at the wheels. Very Happy

Not that anyone in this club is that desparate for a few extra killawatts.

My car will propably have bigger wheels on it for the run Crying or Very Sad
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Fri, 02 May 2003 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Speaking of Wheels and tires.

Retreads are NOT allowed on the DYno. So if your driven wheels are retreads borrow some rubber for the day or organise to swap rims with someone before the day !

Stu,

My old girl is still along way from seing the dyno mate. its still missing some minor parts like gearbox, diff, that sort of thing ! Oh and there is only half an engine in the bay ! Still at least 12 months away best case scenario !

Pages (3): [1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Refton Spur Melbourne
Next Topic:Blacktown RSL saturday night before dyno day
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 05:33:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010047912597656 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.