Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
AE86 'BRAKE' warning light Sat, 29 March 2003 03:40 Go to next message
What is the function for the 'BRAKE' warning light that appears on the dash of the AE86? While fiddling around the footwell of my car today, (sustaining multiple head injuries from steering wheel!), I cranked my engine and all of a sudden this 'BRAKE' light appears on my dash constantly. It has not been functioning ever since i've had the car, and now I can't get rid of it?! How do i shut it off and what is its purpose?

Also, I've been having problems with the brake light at the back. Since finding out that it didn't work, I had found that the fuse was blown. So i replaced it and it worked for like 2 drives, and then it blew again. So I checked the wiring from the back and all the globes (replaced them all) and it all seems to be fine, what could be causing the fuse to blow constantly? How do I check the lil box next to the brake pedal?
  Send a private message to this user    
JDM hachi
Regular

February 2003
Re: AE86 'BRAKE' warning light Sat, 29 March 2003 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have you checked your brake fluid level? if its not fluid level then i would suggest checking all the earths for the rear light assembly, it may be a warning light for blown globes/brake light issues?
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 'BRAKE' warning light Sat, 29 March 2003 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, well, the fluid is pretty much full, would it be ok if i filled up the fluid level with dot4 instead of the recommended dot3? whats the difference?

But my main question is what is the 'BRAKE' warning light on the dash!
Thnks
Browndog
Regular

November 2002
Re: AE86 'BRAKE' warning light Sat, 29 March 2003 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That light comes on when your have low or no break fluid or some other related problem with your breaking system. Most ppl never see it on thank goodness.
trent_kershaw
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: AE86 'BRAKE' warning light Sat, 29 March 2003 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DO NOT MIX DIFFERENT DOT RATINGS!
hiaaa
Regular

May 2002
Re: AE86 'BRAKE' warning light Sun, 30 March 2003 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe the break fluid level sensor is faulty(the M/C cap), try disconnect the plug and see.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AE86 'BRAKE' warning light Sun, 30 March 2003 11:38 Go to previous message
If the light only appeared after scratching round under the dash, and also if you're blowing fuses, I'd say your cars electrics are in need of some attention...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Sv21 Camry
Next Topic:oil/water flowing through intake manifold
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Sep 29 07:22:19 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043919086456299 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.