Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Who runs a surge tank + injector cleaning ....

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon5.gif  Who runs a surge tank + injector cleaning .... Sun, 30 March 2003 02:09 Go to next message
Does anyone run a surge tank here ? If you have a track car, that is understandable, but is it is just a cruiser, would u get a surge tank ?

I think I would be wasting my hard earned getting one ?

Who here has gotten their injectors supersonically cleaned ? Did you see much improvement ? I got mine done and now they are all flowing at even flow rates ... but just dont know how much of a difference it would make on the road.

Send a private message to this user    
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Who runs a surge tank + injector cleaning .... Sun, 30 March 2003 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i run a surge tank in my TA23 celica, but i am going to take it out as the low pressure efi pump makes more noise than my exhaust!

and plus i have heard that cause of the shape of the tank ya can get down to like 3L b4 it starts to surge

but if ya have a in floor tank like in a ra28 i would use one cause ya need to keep a fair bit ion ya tank

ask bugman about it!
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon14.gif  Re: Who runs a surge tank + injector cleaning .... Sun, 30 March 2003 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks ozcraig !

so no need to waste money for one! Nice

Smile
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who runs a surge tank + injector cleaning .... Sun, 30 March 2003 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah most ppl here who run surge tanks have gone from carby to EFI, hence need lift pumps etc.

Oz_criag i know what ya saying my lift pump used to be the same until i got a MA45 EFI fuel tank Very Happy

u can hear it at the start of this mp3 i made

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/rsturzen/accel.mp3

By the way mounting it with some rubber mounts can quieten it down a little.

Les i cant recall if your car is a RA60 or RA65?

if its a RA60 use the RA65 tank and pump as its all u need
if its a RA65, go back inside and smoke a bowl or have a beer and dont bother wasting your time Laughing

[Updated on: Sun, 30 March 2003 07:38]

Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Who runs a surge tank + injector cleaning .... Sun, 30 March 2003 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh thanks craig.

I actually get some sruging starting after about 20l's are out of my tank. and it gets bad down near half tank.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Who runs a surge tank + injector cleaning .... Sun, 30 March 2003 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Les,
Do as you're told, go inside and have a beer. Your RA65 came with EFI to begin with, and doesn't need a surge-tank.
Spend it on getting it bloody on the road again! Very Happy
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Who runs a surge tank + injector cleaning .... Sun, 30 March 2003 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As for getting injectors cleaned - it depends if they needed it! That's like saying 'does a car look better after a wash?' - if they were gummed up to start with, then a clean will help no end. If they're fine, what are you really going to gain?
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who runs a surge tank + injector cleaning .... Mon, 31 March 2003 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Sun, 30 March 2003 21:51

Les,
Do as you're told, go inside and have a beer. Your RA65 came with EFI to begin with, and doesn't need a surge-tank.
Spend it on getting it bloody on the road again! Very Happy

cant agree more !! no surge tank for me (its an RA65 EFI)

with the injectors.. i dunno - guess i need to get in on the rd before i can fell any diff Shocked
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who runs a surge tank + injector cleaning .... Tue, 01 April 2003 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Supersonic cleaning! Shocked

Where can I get mine done?? Very Happy
I only got mine ultrasonic cleaned. Maybe they'll strap em to an F18 take them for a supersonic clean!

Nah, ultrasonic cleaning is very good. Did mine at TAFE in one of their ultrasonic baths. Then tested them on the flow bench:)
So much crap comes out of them its not funny and their is no better way to clean them. Some bullshitters think you can clean them just as well on the car but obviously if you think about it you cant beat the ultrasonic bath.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who runs a surge tank + injector cleaning .... Tue, 01 April 2003 07:35 Go to previous message
yeh yeh paul ur a funny cun* Laughing Laughing

i could swear he told me supersonic clean !! Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WANTED!! photos of pistons and blocks!
Next Topic:MZ20/MA7x Auto Trans q's
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Oct 1 19:20:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0069830417633057 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.