Toymods » Tech & Conversions » SR20DET mods any ideas people

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Skitz
Occasional Poster

March 2003
icon5.gif  SR20DET mods any ideas people Mon, 31 March 2003 07:01 Go to next message
I'm going to replace my stock engine from my 200B SSS with a SRDET engine and i want to upgrade the hp to about 600.

Im looking at a Garret GT25R turbo which puts out about 440hp does anyone know much about these turbos?

what other mods should I do to the engine?

i also need some ideas on my diff since i have IRS it could get licated.

Money means shit to me as long as i have something to show for my money so please don't hold back on any suggestions.

[Updated on: Mon, 31 March 2003 07:11]

Send a private message to this user    
JDM hachi
Regular

February 2003
Re: SR20DET mods any ideas people Mon, 31 March 2003 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try www.nissansilvia.com for suggestions, i hope you've got about 15-20 big suckers ready for the 600 hp you have quoted, surely diff could be upgraded to r200 from a 300zx?(go see/contact the guys at JMS they deal primarily in nissan stuff) it might be worth importing a complete modified car with this type of power to supply you with what you want/need, the import may also contain a good after market diff.
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: SR20DET mods any ideas people Mon, 31 March 2003 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is obviuosly a gee up !! but anyway.Just in case

how do you expect to get 600 h.p from a 440 h.p turbo????????????????????????????

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: SR20DET mods any ideas people Mon, 31 March 2003 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hope you are not seriously putting an sr20 in a 200b?

"When Nissan Freaks Go Bad?"

Re: SR20DET mods any ideas people Mon, 31 March 2003 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And why botther asking about how to do it in a 200B on an exclusively Toyota site ??

Matt

sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: SR20DET mods any ideas people Mon, 31 March 2003 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just make sure u take other things into consideration too
not just the engine
600 hp engine requires very good fuel system
strong diff n gbox

its good to have the hp but if u r braking things all the time or u cant get traction then y bother doin it
Doctakay
Regular

January 2003
Re: SR20DET mods any ideas people Mon, 31 March 2003 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I often though abour this conversion... I have a 200b sedan in real good nick body wise, rear mains is leaking, interior not too shabby, (shameless sales plug if anyone looking Very Happy )check out autospeed and look for an article called 200brilliance a fellow has done this conversion with relative ease, but the irs kept squatting too hard. as for the neddies you want there are plenty of differnet formulas you can follow as there a quite a few ballsie sr's out there. I'd personally look at gusseting the chassis and crossmembers too along with reinforcing your powertrain. A little while back i asked bad influence motorsport in wauchope if the had any packages for a conversion and they said they had a meaty sr with fivespeed, computer and loom plus bolt on goodies ex japan for around $4500. Also for something different how about an SR20VE (3step vvtl neo engine)and mating quad throttlebodies and a hks or trust hairdrier to that. Scour the web theres planty of options dude, hope it helps. Theres lots of different sr variants out there though so dont think you can mix and match parts with relative ease.

Re: SR20DET mods any ideas people Mon, 31 March 2003 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good advice, call Danny at bad Influence - they know thier turbo nissans !

Matt

riceboy
Regular

December 2002
Re: SR20DET mods any ideas people Mon, 31 March 2003 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So you want a 600hp SR20. Well Signal's use a T78-33D and get about 630ph. To do this they also used a Toda 2.2 stroker kit 7.9:1 pistons and have spent godzillians in every area of the motor. If money really means shit to you (and you are living on the wrong planet if it does) then why don't you just get a full chassis done with big tubbs, a floating 9" diff (you will need it with 600hp) with custom upper and lower A arm front suspension, huge 6 piston calipers or better still twin 4 piston calipers on 340mm brake rotors and some big fat shinny mags. You don't seriously think a 200B chassis is going to be up to the job of handling 600 neddies do you?
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: SR20DET mods any ideas people Mon, 31 March 2003 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.exvitermini.com/forsale.htm

if you got the dosh, get this 650hp kit Evil or Very Mad
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: SR20DET mods any ideas people Mon, 31 March 2003 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
600+hp IS possible with an SR20 - but not without a fight. The blocks tend to spit it well before that, needing careful strengthening to hold together. That aside, an SR20 into a 200b is a good conversion, and a 200b isn't REALLY such a bad car - there are much worse, especially from a conversion point of view. My suggestions:
SR20
S13 5 speed
R200 LSD
R33 GTS25t brakes
New computer
Moderate engine rebuild
GT35 turbo
external wastegate
custom cooler
aftermarket computer (power FC if you get the original loom)
suspension kit
try and convert the steering to rack+peanut
and all the other stuff I missed Very Happy Very Happy

If your wallet hasn't caught fire and caused you much harm yet, then go do it!
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: SR20DET mods any ideas people Mon, 31 March 2003 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ooops.. mentioned computer twice Evil or Very Mad You only need 1, not 2!
Skitz
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Re: SR20DET mods any ideas people Tue, 01 April 2003 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thank you for all your help i didnt relize it was a toyota website till i went to the home page, i cam in through a search engine Rolling Eyes. But im amazed how many people have helped me in here i was thinking i was going to get heaps of abusing letters thanks alot people.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: SR20DET mods any ideas people Tue, 01 April 2003 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There's a FEW notable boofheads round here who think it's great to spoil a non toyota party Very Happy
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: SR20DET mods any ideas people Tue, 01 April 2003 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so you are serious then?

you weren't just being silly?

whoa, got me!
Skitz
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Re: SR20DET mods any ideas people Wed, 02 April 2003 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have decided to go for a little more relistic figure of hp on my car but maybe oneday it will get to the 600 figure i was after my try it on a different car though.

my new goal if 250rwkw should be achivable thanks alot for the help i have received in here i wont bother you cool people any more until i own a toyota hopefully a 97 supra rz
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: SR20DET mods any ideas people Wed, 02 April 2003 05:46 Go to previous message
that's a good idea
read the car mags out there (although they are filled with lots of useless stuff).
600bhp is a large ask from the sr20, nice as it is.
generally if you want 600bhp with reliability for an affordable price, you go for more than 2 litres of displacement! Smile

250rwkw is *much* more acheivable, especially since the stock internals can (probably) handle that, or close to it
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:2TG vacuum solenoid valve?
Next Topic:Priming Oil Pump (T series engine)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Oct 3 09:18:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0071609020233154 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.