Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
medjai_commander
Regular

March 2003
Supercharger to adapt to a clubman Mon, 31 March 2003 10:06 Go to next message
hey guys, i realise this shld be in the parts wanted section but i've gotten absolutely no hits what so ever there. I need a supercharger, something to get the most out of my engine but not blow the living crap outa it.
it's a '77 clubman 1100cc with a 38mm weber. room is not an issue i have a friend who does magic with fiberglass. Does anybody have or know a friend that wld b interested in selling such a thing, especially someone in tasmania but no probs if ur elsewhere. Smile even any links to ppl or companies that cld help wld be excellent. i'm a bit of a newbie, got my head under the hood and the manual in hand. Razz thanks alot

targeted by the <mini-mafia>
  Send a private message to this user    
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Supercharger to adapt to a clubman Mon, 31 March 2003 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Try an SC12 (4agze) toyota blower I guess, and work out the pulley size to suit what you're looking for from your engine - I'd say 1:1 would be a good safe starting point.
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Supercharger to adapt to a clubman Tue, 01 April 2003 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why not go for a turbo. It has been done on a few mini's before, takes up less space and wouldn't require that much more fabrication. Turbo's are pretty easy to come by nowdays too.
medjai_commander
Regular

March 2003
Re: Supercharger to adapt to a clubman Tue, 01 April 2003 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah? do u know what kind i shld go for?
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Supercharger to adapt to a clubman Tue, 01 April 2003 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you have a look in the gallery section at the small car sunday pics, there was a turbo mini there. Maybe one of the guys that went could fill you in on what it was.

You could probably pick up a CT12 (from a 1G-GTE) or a CT12A (From a 1JZ-GTE) pretty cheap from a Jap importer. That would be a good starting point for you.

I think I have a pic at home of a turbo Moke engine bay and I have heard that there was even some factory turbo mini's made, however I havn't seen one. It could be a myth.

Either way have fun, let us know how it goes.
JDM hachi
Regular

February 2003
Re: Supercharger to adapt to a clubman Tue, 01 April 2003 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the factory turbo 'A' series motors do exist, they came out in the UK in the metro turbo, (the mini replacement) however at the end of the day you must understand that getting big power out of one of these engines is frought with danger, only having 3 main bearings for the crank its easy to see why, why not go for some good ol n/a power if you scour the trading post parts are aplenty, for more advice see if a club exists in your area some of the guys there may have the contacts/parts your looking for, also buy your self a book by david vizard (i think) called tuning the a series motor- shows all the hints and tricks.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Supercharger to adapt to a clubman Tue, 01 April 2003 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The poor A series is very old and fragile, and is always a challenge if you want much power. That said, there are a lot of aftermarket bits avaiable worldwide, at horrendous cost. If you've got the wallet, of course it's possible. Remember those gearboxes aren't anything brilliant either...
medjai_commander
Regular

March 2003
Re: Supercharger to adapt to a clubman Tue, 01 April 2003 12:31 Go to previous message
yeah i've heard abt this david vizard guy, sounds pretty good. i'll keep in touch and let u know how it all goes, whether i'm doing blockies or sitting on the side of the road with a blow engine Razz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1g-gte oil filter and oil
Next Topic:Bodykit on a '79 corona hatch?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Oct 2 16:24:00 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061039924621582 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.