Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Fuel injectors Tue, 01 April 2003 13:07 Go to next message
Ok, just wondering, what are the size of the injectors that would be on my 5sfe? 275CC?

What would be a good replacement for them, and would it make a difference putting larger ones in while keeping everything else as it is?
  Send a private message to this user    
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Fuel injectors Wed, 02 April 2003 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't bother, Unless you remap your fuel delivery, it will make your car run rich on acceleration and make less power. Cruise and Idle should learn and adjust for the new injectors.

Unless you are planning a turbo upgrade and lots of boost, there will be plenty of capacity in your existing injectors. Spend the money where it will make a difference.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Fuel injectors Wed, 02 April 2003 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, thanks.

Would you know of anyone that sells larger throttle bodies that would suit my car?

Or someone that can slightly upsize my current one?

Thanks.
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Fuel injectors Wed, 02 April 2003 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You could upsize from a larger engine from the same manufacturer however once again, you won't see much from just replacing the throttle body.

I would spend your money on a good exhaust system and spend some time trying to get more air to your existing throttle body. You will find that the standard engine will work a lot better if you let it breath properly.
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: Fuel injectors Thu, 03 April 2003 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you wont need bigger injectors or an upsized AFM unless you start playing with the insides of the motor,

your best upgrade you could do with the motor for most power for the dollar would be new cams, exhaust including extractors, better breathing air filter, etc.etc. for the type of driving you do (not racing) you shouldnt need to upgrade the injectors then and you can still use the same computer most likely unless you get a really radical cam profile

if you touch the cams dont listen to any shop who tells you this is a stage 3 cam or 3/4 race cam etc. etc....these people are WANKERS there is a million different cam profiles for a million different applications

in short go to a performance shop or get a 3sgte
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Fuel injectors Thu, 03 April 2003 08:28 Go to previous message
I've already got a K&N panel filter replacement and I feel it's getting enough in in that department. Smile

I'll take the CAMs and exhaust under consideration. Thanks.

My next planned upgrade is a front strutbrace, then I'm going from there. Smile

Yea, it's probably not worth it trying to do TOO much to my existing motor.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:electronic speedo on 20v???
Next Topic:18RG Version
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:34:19 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057229995727539 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.