Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

QLD membership Sun, 06 April 2003 03:44 Go to next message
not trying to be rude here Rolling Eyes
but what are the benefits of becoming a member if i live in queensland {halfway between brissy and gold coast}.
is there organised cruises or companies that recognise toymods for discounting ect ect, i wanna become a member but i was just wondering about the pros.
  Send a private message to this user    
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: QLD membership Sat, 03 May 2003 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i live in canberra
and yeah.. is there any point to us becoming fianacial members?

thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Why join toymods ! Mon, 05 May 2003 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well guys to be honest membership really is what you make of it, I'd like to say you get to be part of something and help to keep it alive and that be reason enough but for most people I guess it isn't ! Crying or Very Sad

We do have interstate members (And canberra is not far anyway !) and they join for a few different reasons.

As an interstate member your benefits of membership are reduced and we do understand that. From a $$$ perspective you do get what I think is good value just in the merchandise, (New members get a Polo shirt, sticker, membership card and each preceeding issue of the club newsletter)

We are trying to work on sponsorship deals in other states but its difficult without having a sizeable membership base in that area and some local assistance.

We also understand that it is more than difficult for interstate people to attend any of our events !

I guess it really comes back it why you want to join in the first place.

I actually really appreciate it when we do get interstate memberships, As a general rule these are the people that join to help support something they think is worth while rather than what they think they can get out of it. They join because they want to support the club and its for these people we try and get sponsorshp deals and the like. I'll be honest its also these people we are more willing to help should they need it as far as advice or finding parts etc. I'll be the first to admit if I have 5 minutes spare and 2 people want advice I can assist with, I will ALWAYS help the club member first.

Hell if just 10% of the people who registed on the forums joined and renewed each year we would be able to acheive a hell of alot more as a club. We have over 2400 registered forum users who use and benefit from our club. Yet we have all of 65 financial members ! yep just 65 people who are prepaired to support the club with a few dollars once a year, Its these 65 people (and the members before them) that make it possible for the other 2300 odd to have any form of Toymods at all !

(I would like to mention and thank the non-members who have helped support these forums with donations tho, it is greatly appreciated and by no means unnoticed)

So what is the benefit.........Tangibly its a t-shirt, sticker and a Newsletter I guess. So if thats the only reason you were thinking of joining you will prolly get a better deal at lowes !

alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Why join toymods ! Mon, 05 May 2003 01:49 Go to previous message
i guess the only reason id want to join is because i use these forums regularly, and yeah the members keep this place up and running.

hell if it wasnt for toymods. i wouldnt even have my car, or the carbies that are in my car, or the the other little things that i have bought thru the forums...

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:don't think i can join toymods
Next Topic:Do I need somone to nominate me for membership?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 06:11:11 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0039980411529541 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.