Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
thunderbird1
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Mon, 21 April 2003 08:50 Go to next message
Well i just got in the door and i'd like to thank grant and the organisers of this years natioanls, it was the best ever.
From the awesome turnout, the great location for show and shines, the beatiful weather, the unlimited drag racing, the great friendship, night life, and even sharing a room with PaulH, it is hard to put words to how good a weekend i have had.

Thanks to everyone that came along, and to those that didn't come, you really missed out. Hopefully you will be able to plan better so that you can make it next year.

Luke
  Send a private message to this user    
thunderbird1
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Mon, 21 April 2003 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fwiw... Jason took out the quickest toyota in the drags. With a time around 7.8, thats a damn quick 1/8th mile and looks like his car should be good for an 11 sec pass now!! Smile woohoo.
TRACTION_ISSUES
Regular

May 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Mon, 21 April 2003 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Two words.....

F%$@NG AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!

This is by far the best weekend i have ever had....too much fun to be had!!!!

Grant did an absolutely fantastic job of bringing it all together, and i think we can all understand and appreciate just how hard it was to get up and running again after all the trouble that was had trying to get it going the previous 2 years......

We packed out Dubbo Toyota with something like 40+ cars, with some entrants having to show their cars out on the street!!! It was that big.....

Ive got a heap more to say, but too damn tired to say it....

Once again, many thanks to Grant, Danae, Amanda, Phill, Simon and whoever else i cant remember, and the weekends sponsors.....without any of you, this would not have happened Very Happy Very Happy
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Mon, 21 April 2003 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You guys are absolutley right. It was and awesome weekend. And i'm hoping next year will be bigger and better. I'll be there again for sure.
TOY77
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Mon, 21 April 2003 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
G'day,

yep couldn't agree more.... the most fun i've ever had with my car.

For those people that didn't go, you don't know what you are missing out on.... i think it is on around the 9th of April next year so start getting organised now!!!

Many thanks to the organisers, particuarly Grant for putting together such an awesome weekend.

Cheers
Stew
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Mon, 21 April 2003 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
even tho i was only able to attend the show and shine, im glad i did, it was a great day and was also good to see some other RA40's out there.

kudos to the organisers.
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Mon, 21 April 2003 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That was the best weekend. I had a great time. Those of you that didn't come you missed out bigtime, you have to come next year and make it bigger and better again.

Thanks to the organises you did a great job and it all feel together very well.

Congrats to all the trophy winners you all won for the right reasons.

As for next year, my bus has to be pulled over 3 times in 10 min for "HAVING PEOPLE TRAPPED in the back". To break the record of 2 in 10 min set on friday night. Maybe the small town of dubbo will get over different cars by next year and stop harassing the fuzz so the fuzz will not harass us.

Great weekend, great people, AW SOME CARS!!!!
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Mon, 21 April 2003 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah dead set great weekend!! Pissing it up at night, show-n-shine and drags during the day.

Great cruise down, I think there were 11 in our convoy and everyone had CBs.

Everyone that went were really nice people and could chat cars to any of them (then after 10 mins or so asking their name).

Definately going next year, and will be bringing everyone I can.

I'll try and get my bro and Dick to bring their 3T powered corollas to have a go down the strip, I doubt they could keep up with Jason's KE20 though it'd be pretty cool to see 1973 cars lining up together and then doing some stupidly quick passes.
thunderbird1
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Tue, 22 April 2003 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think phill and Andrews 150m burnouts near the end of the drag day were something to remember. Was so great to see cars going head to head but noone getting cut when beaten.

Loved jasons run with that fullsik v8 drag car... got great footage of it.

fwiw... those of you who tryed helping me boost my 1j on the weekend, i fixed it today!!, it was the plugs, what a pain, next time i will do plugs before the weekend. It now hits 15psi easy.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Tue, 22 April 2003 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was an AWESOME weekend! I dont think anyone who went didn't have a good time!! All the events ran relatively smoothly, the show and shines gave people a chance to harrass everyone else aboout what hard work they've put into their cars, and to meet everyone from all over the country.

It was cool to see all faces put to names here, and to get a real life example of what some of the Toyotas amoungst us are capable of. Actually seeing Norbie's 2JZ-GTE MA61 was unreal!! that thing flew....

The drags were awesome! I don't seriously think you can get to any drag stip and have as many runs as some of us did (i ran 14 times!), and have them in a better, more friendly environment. It was a really good day.

Well, i'll certainly be seeing everyone again next year! Ill be bringing along everyone who i can get to go. Well done to all those who won their deserved trophies!

Joel - i'll get you next time gadget.... next time!! Twisted Evil
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Tue, 22 April 2003 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah Luke those burnouts were pretty F&*#**G impressive. Well done Phil and Andrew.
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Tue, 22 April 2003 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A BIG thanks to Grant, Amanda, Paul, Dave and all of the organisers of the event and to the event sponsors.

This was indeed the BEST weekend that I have had for some time.

Thanks to the Dubbo City Car Club for organising the most relaxed drag racing event that I have ever attended. (Between Kylie and I, we went through about 1/2 a tank of fuel 1/8 of a mile at a time!).

Thanks to all of the Toyota boys and girls for their support throughout the days drag racing.

It was rooly rooly cool that the only Dubbo City Car Club car to beat us was the Full-Chassised Cortina drag car, especially since we drove 500+ km to the event, got there on less than 9L/100km. We actually out-performed the Capris, and the supercharged Torana (I am unsure of how quick the red Monaro is!?)! All of which were trailered from "down the road".

A TOP WEEKEND FOR SURE!!!!!!
Go Toymods.
DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Tue, 22 April 2003 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cooolies

have heard some fun stories... great to see the nationals in good form

tried to go down for the drags but my recently transplanted engine wasnt up to the trip... primarily the alternator spitting the dummy and refusing to charge the battery... i wouldnt have made it Sad

can't wait for the next one

congrats to the organisers!

KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Tue, 22 April 2003 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any piccies?
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Tue, 22 April 2003 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can only echo the sentiments of everyone above in saying "What a freaking awesome weekend!!" Very Happy I will definitely be back next year, and will most likely be entering too.

Both the Show & Shine and the Drag Racing were well run, and I found myself wishing I'd entered so I could've shown Bigworm and Witzl who's boss! Twisted Evil It was great seeing some of the faster cars in action, especially Jason's YelloRolla, Phil's RA23 (went for a ride in this thing and all I can say is Holy F&*k! Shocked ) and Norbie's JZA61.

The drive home yesterday was a little eventful, with a number of stops along the way due to cars overheating and other engine bugs. We also had the pleasure of experiencing some interesting radio chat with one of Orange's up-standing locals. The laps around Mount Panorama were great fun, and Bells Line of Road was (thankfully) traffic free.

I took close to 300 photos, which I'll be working on sorting through and hopefully posting online later today.
TRACTION_ISSUES
Regular

May 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Tue, 22 April 2003 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, Jasons rolla is fuggin mad....went for a run in it out of town, had to sit in the back seat......i have never seen a car achieve so much boost as fast as the rolla does......insane!!!!!!

Sorry paul, i hope i didnt scare you....NOT! Razz

Luke and i will be heading up to Newcastle on Friday hopefully, to organise a compiled video of everyones camera footage........
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Tue, 22 April 2003 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phil,
Put me down for a copy of that video.
I'm making equiries about a new engine and twin plate clutch at the moment, and then we might have to organise a night at the Creek for Toymoders
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Tue, 22 April 2003 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Video? How much? How soon can I have it?

So? Is it done yet? Razz

Congrats to everyone who participated in the weekends events. What a great bunch of people.

Bring on easter next year!!!

thunderbird1
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Tue, 22 April 2003 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've just rewatched my first few runs of the day.. what was i thinking about running jason so many times!! HEHE. Makes good incar footage when u see the yello beast fly past.

Have heaps of funny storys... they will surface slowly!!

Story 1
The 3 young girls that decided to take a ride in Thunderbird 1, hahaha... they had the biggest thrill of their lives. Not to mention when we finally dropped them home and they said, can you please be quiet cause we have to sneak in the window, and then i stalled it up and left a 50m burnout HAHAHA.

Looks like we have at least 3 female toyota converts in dubbo!!

GZE-STYLE
Regular

July 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Tue, 22 April 2003 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL Laughing Laughing nice one Luke!!
come on, i want pics and vids Very Happy Very Happy
TRACTION_ISSUES
Regular

May 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Tue, 22 April 2003 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
......"Are you a good girl?"........
......"Yes. But im also a bad girl"........

You know what im talking about! Razz
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Tue, 22 April 2003 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Video??? I want it for sure... Phill, put me down for one aswell...

I can't say anything more than everyone else has, but the weekend was awesome... I'll be entering next year aswell so Paul, your gunna have competition...

And I'll be sure to clean those air vents Laughing Laughing Laughing ...

I'll try to talk to Juzzo about getting the footage from his camera aswell... I think everyone wants to see Juzzo jumping into the roundabout again Laughing Laughing Laughing ...

Congrats to Jason and all of the Toymodders for the trophies...

And thanks go to Pete, Gary, Luke and Kylie for letting me sleep in their room, Gary for the invitation to dinner, Stitt for the ride to dinner and to Jason for the thrash back from dinner...

I never realised that a Rolla could scare me that much... I envy your little boy sitting in the bucket seat with the harnesses in the rear Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy when all I had was the stock seatbelt...

juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Tue, 22 April 2003 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i can provide my video, if that is required, i have some show and shine, drags, random drunk acts and even 4 guys chasing sheep Rolling Eyes, who were those guys again Rolling Eyes ????
if you guys want my video, just give me a call and i can get it to you.
justin
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Tue, 22 April 2003 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was and unreal WEEKEND Very Happy
next year i will be there in the celica, and i will have everyone with me, we need to out do the QLD club in attendance.
TOYMODDERS, WE MUST MAKE A STAND, 2004 TOYNATS TO BE THE BIGGEST EVENT ON THE TOYMODS CALANDER!!! (AFTER MY BIRTHDAY OF COURSE Very Happy)
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Tue, 22 April 2003 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I hink we can safely say that the toyota's had the best burn outs up the 1/8 mile. They were insane.

It was great putting some forum names to faces and meeting everyone form interstate.

My highlight though was norbie almost finding the top of 5th gear with the 2J. All I can say was we got there very bloody fast. Man that thing goes.

Again well done to the organises and see you all again next year.

Luke and Phil would i be able to get a highlights video to please.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Wed, 23 April 2003 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Woohoo, looks like everyone had an awesome time on the weekend. I know I did! It was great to finaly meet people I've been chatting with online for years. The show'n'shine was great and the drags were more fun than I've had in a long time. It's a credit to the organisers, they put in a lot of hard work to make this happen but it paid off in the end. I'll be there again next year with bells on - and hopefully a quicker car. Very Happy

The Supra has been great so far, it made it to Victoria without incident and I'm really happy with it. However, overtaking a few semis on the way confirmed what I suspected at the drags - the clutch can't handle the power and is slipping when it hits full boost. Sad I suspect it's nicely melted by now, so it's coming out when I get back to Queensland. Again. Sad Looks like it's time for a twin plate!

Oh yeah, I'll be doing everything I can to make it to the dyno day in June. Hopefully I'll see some of you guys there! Smile
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Wed, 23 April 2003 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i want to see everyone's footage!!! Evil or Very Mad

Justin - i want a complete copy of what you guys got!

Luke & Phil - i would love to see some of the film you guys rolled out!!

Paul - i want those movies and pics. And next year you'll be sniffing celica tail Razz

Another thing.... perhaps we should collate all the best film and pics onto a couple of CD's or even a DVD for distribution amongst those interested.

thunderbird1
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Wed, 23 April 2003 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys,
Phil and i are submitting our footage to Grant, he has lots of footage as well and will be putting together a Toyota Nationals VCD or Video from what i gather when talking to him. I think it would be a great thing to support this and i definatly will be getting one.

PS: Who chased sheepp???? HAHA
PSS: I think another funny moment would be watching the Toymods boys trying to pick up chicks down the main street Wink.
Oh and also Andrew wolf whisling at some big ugly local female types, who then tryed to follow us.... !!! THAnk goodness i could get away!
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Wed, 23 April 2003 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll gladly support what Grant's doing, but i would also like to get my hands on as much uncut footage as possible.
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Wed, 23 April 2003 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Did anyone mention that it was the best weekend ever?
Next year should be awesome, lets hope that 1/4 mile track in Dubbo is done by then.

Sorry Karl, but I have to do some gloating here. Evil or Very Mad
Aa a few of you might have been aware, there was a bit of a grudge match building up between Karl & his 18R-G powered RA-28 & me & my 4A-GE powered RA-23. The tiny but mighty 4A-GE delivered a nasty ass-whooping to the lowly 18R-G on the 1/8th mile! Long live the 4A! Wink
So you got those carbies booked in to be tuned yet dude? Smile
We'll have to arrange another showdown, I'm sure it'll be closer then.

I wanna hear some results from the drags, I'm gonna start another thread for that. Very Happy

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Wed, 23 April 2003 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's true - i am so ashamed Sad But i gave it to him once! although he "claims" the injector plug had come loose, heehee.
And that 4A is due for a good whoopin'

the carbies are ready for a ditching, and replacing with some EFI goodies Very Happy
Until then, you have the upper hand my friend.... but not for long Twisted Evil

P.S. To jason and Kylie - i truly hope we didn't keep you or either of the boys awake during the nightime, i hear we were a bit raucous! If we did, im sorry Smile
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Wed, 23 April 2003 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thunderbird1 wrote on Wed, 23 April 2003 10:59

PS: Who chased sheepp???? HAHA
PSS: I think another funny moment would be watching the Toymods boys trying to pick up chicks down the main street Wink.

The sheep chasers were Juzzo, Tristan, Steve and myself when we were bored with nothing to do so we thought we might get some exersise... The only injury was Juzzo when a sheep jumped and rammed him in the arm Laughing Laughing Laughing ...

Pick up chics??? Juzzo again I believe... Hows your finger after that chick poked a ciggie into it??? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ... F**k that was some funny shit Juzzo...

What else can I say??? If anyone sees Juzzo's footage they will see all the funny drunk action that the boys got up to...
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Wed, 23 April 2003 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just be careful when you go to sleep if you go next year!

http://www.ozemail.com.au/~ltubnor/elektranix/NRFTW.jpg

Go Toymods!!!

http://www.ozemail.com.au/~ltubnor/elektranix/Toymods.jpg

Karl... Your Mum!!!

http://www.ozemail.com.au/~ltubnor/elektranix/karl.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 23 April 2003 12:05]

7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Wed, 23 April 2003 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Jason took out the quickest toyota in the drags. With a time around 7.8, thats a damn quick 1/8th mile and looks like his car should be good for an 11 sec pass now!!

Um... you have nooo idea. A 7.8 second 18th mile is good for nothing like an 11. Unless it was a ridiculously bad launch and you cracked an 11.9999999
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Wed, 23 April 2003 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
7M,
The car has done an 11 sec pass... Jason can back himself up on that one...
thunderbird1
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Wed, 23 April 2003 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
7m, umm.. by having a 7m and not a 1j, u have no idea!! hehe.

Jasons car has run an 12.1 from memory at eastern creek, and has improvements since then. Pull your head in!
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Thu, 24 April 2003 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
7M.
To what theory do you owe these predictions?
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Thu, 24 April 2003 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im up for some video's
just tell me where to sign Smile
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Thu, 24 April 2003 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually using some of the best 1/4 mile software around its almost impossible to replicate the corresponding 60 ft 1/8th and 1/4 mile times to most turbo cars .

In fact turbo cars tend to have a high terminal speed relative to their E.T .

If a turbo car has a good 1/8th mile you can bet its 1/4 times are going to impress .

Having watched jasons car on the 1/8th mile the last 50 metres or so it REALLY starting to motor .which is typical of a largish turbo (relative to engine capacity)

Considering the cars history high 11's are not only possible they are probable and i'd bet my left one it will do them
.But the software actually doesnt agree

the most common forumla is 1/8th mile time times 1.5832.which is 12.38 .But i have almost always proven its 1.477 for big turbo cars

and i belive that Jasons previous 1/8th mile times where slower than 7.8 but with 12.1 1/4 mile times (correct me if im wrong)

all that aside

dubbo WAS awesome it was great to see so many people getting into it

The best thing about the drags is it gets rid of all the bullshit or overconfidence

what you run is what you run .and all cars are on an equal playing field .

i had my dyno plus in the car for all my runs and it was either the same or slighlty slower .as the timing gear (this is because the dyno plus start as soon as you move ).not break the beam .

i went home and ran an 8.65(still with major traction problems) .but ran 8.82 at the drags .................BIG DEAL !! under the same circumstances (traction temp etc) the other cars would also have run faster times .so i would have been beaten by the same margin or even more

drag racing is all about setup .you run what you run NO EXCUSES
at that track on that day

My choice of tyre was wrong .my pressures to low and my boost too high(ran rich) .sure ill change a lot of things before my next run but so will the others that i raced (im sure)

you run what you run quoting times 1/2 a second faster is wank
in a 1400kg vehicle it takes 60 H.p(at the wheels) more to run 1/2 a second faster (assuming with extra power you can get the same traction)AND the power gain gives the same power delivery (not more lag )

you need only see Phills times at 8.69 only 0.13 faster than mine .but to see the two cars race he blew me silly (about 3 or 4 car lenghths ).over a 1/4 mile he would be 1/2 a second faster at least (well done Phill)

Jason that thing is awesome !!!!!!!!!! i couldnt stop laughing after you almost drilled that wicked cortina

i wish id raced you you might have sucked me along the strip faster

Luke hahahaaaa this time i won Twisted Evil ....thats 1 all ..oh yeah and 12 to 3 in the fart comp Laughing

Andrew ....ill get you next time ..oh well what's the score now you 1 me 36 ??????? Very Happy

Norbie please dont put any more boost into that thing im already behind and at max boost (gotta love that 2j torque)

thanx everyone for making it such a fun weekend

hope to see more people next year

oh yeah we will post all the official times ASAP

CMY-747
Newcomer

June 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Thu, 24 April 2003 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thankyou to all the organisers of the nationals, grant, danne, paul, dave, and amanda, had a great time.

i spoke to my mate at ZOOM grant warne, about some publicity for next years event, he said he should be able to wangle something closer to the event.

thanks again

shane

1JZ747 Very Happy
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Thu, 24 April 2003 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CMY-747 wrote on Thu, 24 April 2003 21:25

i spoke to my mate at ZOOM grant warne, about some publicity for next years event, he said he should be able to wangle something closer to the event.

I used to work with Grant... Hows he going anyway??? Does he still have his beloved Liberty Wagon???
Doctakay
Regular

January 2003
Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Fri, 25 April 2003 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was a top weekend, like everyone else said a big thanks goes out to the organisers, and the sponsors. I've got a full year to get my car up to spec and to learn how to freaken' drive. Onguts has heaps of pics and a few vids so i'm pretty sure they'll go on his website soon enough. The people were great and the events were well organised. The more the merrier for next year i say! You'll definately see us there again. Big thanks to all for making it one of the best weekends we've had in a long time.

Chris.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon14.gif  Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Fri, 25 April 2003 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I must agree. The weekend was awesome! I only wish I could stay there for longer (had to drive 7 hours from Dubbo to Jervis Bay on Sunday).
It was a great weekend of car talk and general mucking around. Smile

Loved the cruise down and the crazy overtaking maneuvers. Smile

It was great to meet people and put faces to the names (some of which I've known for prolly 4-5 years, right Norbie?).

Shame I missed the drag racing. I actually swung through to say goodbye to everyone, but most of you were down the other end of the strip waiting to come back. Sad

Thanks to all the organisers, I had a ball!!!

Oh yeah, and if anyone was thinking about staying at the Green Gables Motor Inn, DON'T! The grumpy old fart had a go at me 'coz I came back at midnight and my car was idling for a couple of minutes!

My photos are up in the photo gallery, and I'll be putting everyone else's up there too as soon as I receive them!

Check out the photo gallery guys!
http://www.toymods.org.au/cgi-bin/photo/index.cgi? mode=view&album=/Events/20030418+-+Toyota+Nati onals
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Sat, 26 April 2003 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm so annoyed I missed it this year, and reading this thread had rubbed salt through the wound.

rest assured, next year I'll be there. My car wont be anything to beat norbie's monster (especially with my lack of launching technique.. get it right about 1 out of 3 times), but I know it'll be loads of fun!
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Mon, 28 April 2003 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Sat, 26 April 2003 09:35

Oh yeah, and if anyone was thinking about staying at the Green Gables Motor Inn, DON'T! The grumpy old fart had a go at me 'coz I came back at midnight and my car was idling for a couple of minutes!

Grant was talking about block reserving the WHOLE back of the Matilda. So it doesn't matter how loud we are, or how late we are, or how long our cars are idling to cool down.

Was definately great having a big number at the Matilda as we all drank pretty hard (gotta get more of that blue stuff!) and could co-ordinate leaving for events etc. And could also get 7 people into The Stitt's Crown Very Happy
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Mon, 28 April 2003 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
celicamad wrote on Thu, 24 April 2003 19:18

Norbie please dont put any more boost into that thing im already behind and at max boost (gotta love that 2j torque)

Heheh, I'm already searching for a pair of US-spec turbos which should get me over the 400hp mark... maybe I'll break into the 7's next year! Very Happy

Pete: You definitely need to bring some more of that blue stuff next time. I seem to recall that particular drinking session being a lot of fun. Smile
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Mon, 28 April 2003 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just loved the response from everyone after taking the shot (Gletchereis if anyone is interested - 50% alcohol) of the macho "ah thats nothing" and then it hit Evil or Very Mad

Norbie, you were the funniest though. I remember you saying something about leaving at 4am to get there, and had already had a couple of drinks, but the shot just pushed you over the edge Very Happy

I might even bring my bottle of Absynth (70%) as well, but it is supposed to be halucinogenic (spelling?) too, so might do that a bit closer to home.

Btw. That bottle cost me $50 was half full when we started, and only did 1 round Shocked
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Mon, 28 April 2003 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh pete... never mind! Next year im sure we'll all chip in to buy a few bottles of the mystic blue stuff Very Happy

And yes norbie, those drinks did serve you quite well... you did open up and profess your love of a good bracket! Laughing

Next year im taking SUPER DUPER EARLY DIBS on one of those huge two bedroom jobbies! Would be good if we got the whole back end... wouldn't have to appologise every 15 minutes to that bloke who kept coming outside and ranting at us *heehee*

And Pete... i've already been making plans for my "bedroom attacks" for next year Twisted Evil
thunderbird1
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Mon, 28 April 2003 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha paul.. how long does your post wanna be.

if only u'd helped me run more boost Razz ... i know u didn['t cause u know it would have been 2-0 to me! hehe. I still havn't got it sorted.. gonna pull out the fuel pump and check its all ok. Who knows! All i know is on 15's it will be pumping your granny car back to the shop for more tricks! hehe.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Mon, 28 April 2003 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HKSPete wrote on Mon, 28 April 2003 14:04

Norbie, you were the funniest though. I remember you saying something about leaving at 4am to get there, and had already had a couple of drinks, but the shot just pushed you over the edge Very Happy

Yep, I was well over the edge that night. I'll definitely chip in for more of the magic blue potion; I reckon two shots will be enough to keep me happy all night! Very Happy Oh yeah, I want in on the big two bedroom unit as well; the room I stayed in was somewhat crowded with 4 people in it. :s
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Mon, 28 April 2003 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quick and the Dead.

I've been talking with Grant about MY room, and have already booked it.

There are 3 single beds in there for willing idiots - I mean customers.

OK Next time I'm in Beverly Hills I'll buy 2 bottles. I'll also be prepared for some vodka-jelly shots Evil or Very Mad in those little glowy shot glasses.

For about 10 minutes all I could hear from Jeremy and Karl were "bracket, bracket, bracket" and then heaps of laughter.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Mon, 28 April 2003 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll take one of those beds Petey... Man, if I have a g/f at that time, she'll kill me!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing ... Oh well, no more cold nights Shocked Shocked Shocked ...

I'll be getting the moola of Muriel soon for ya too...
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Mon, 28 April 2003 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HKSPete wrote on Mon, 28 April 2003 15:29

There are 3 single beds in there for willing idiots - I mean customers.

*puts hand up*

I'm the most willing idiot I know! Very Happy
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Mon, 28 April 2003 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
absinth is great
but you have to make it yourself... the stuff you buy is crap
I have an artemesian wormwood plant in my backyard ... that's what you need to make the real stuff. (well, might still have, haven't checked on it in a long time).

of course, to do it properly you need certain other illicit substances, but apparently just the real absinth is pretty good
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Mon, 28 April 2003 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u can put me down for 1 of those beds. I'm very willing, very able & very idiot. Very Happy
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Tue, 29 April 2003 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Pete I'm dumb enough to sleep in one of those beds in your room. Saves falling a sleep on the couch and having water poured in your ear (thanks Garry).

By the sounds of it i'm spewing I missed that round of the blue stuff. In my pissed state i think I was getting more booze and was chatting to amanda and some of the other queenslanders.

I'm keen for this again next year but what happened to staying where the canberra boys stayed. In "The Baricks" sounded cheap and lots of fun. Apperently it could sleep heaps and heaps of ppl all for $8ea a night and cause it is out of town no one is around to piss off, including the owners
jezz
Regular

January 2003
icon10.gif  Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Tue, 29 April 2003 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Barracks is pretty cool can sleep forty people adults are fifteen bucks a night and to have the kitchen running cost the group about ten bucks a night so you split that by how many people are staying. its eighteen km's outside of dubbo along the mitchell highway the opposite direction from wellington its mad you pay on the friday and the lady that run's the place goes back to town only problem woth it is the dirt driveway more off roady than flat will find some pictures of the place in our collection

Cheers

Jeremy
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Tue, 29 April 2003 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul - thanks for the analysis, you seem to have done a fair bit of research in relation to 1/8 vs 1/4 mile times, something which I did not give creedence to when we were talking about it the night before (my apologies).
I am pretty familiar with how the old girl performs (we have seen a few 1/4 mile and dyno runs), and using your calculation (1.477) is pretty close to what I expect to run.
I was unable to launch with "Eastern Creek" style RPM on that track (track conditions that would've affected me less than you guys due to my slicks, but affected me all the same).
Deep end on the 1/8 was 90+MPH. So I think that your left one is safe!
I couldn't agree more with you when you say "what you ran is what you ran!" We will know what 1/4mile time it runs after I run it again.
Lastly, I apologise for having called you Peter on more than one occasion (or at all for that matter).

It is definitely the camaraderie and the support of the other competitors that made this event a standout.

Being asked to run that Cortina at the crowd's request (so they told me) was a moment I will not forget (1.8 litres of Toyota power and less than half the tyre contact patch! Yeah that's a fair fight in my eyes).

Phil - It's a pity that my slicks didn't fit your car! I would love to see your's and the other's cars run to their full potential.

I hope that next year will feature a bunch of Toyotas all running quicker times!! oh on a full 1/4mile too!

Regards
Jason

TRACTION_ISSUES
Regular

May 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Tue, 29 April 2003 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason,
Yes it is a pity Sad (friggin drum brakes shit me once again!) ....i would have loved to do a few 6krpm launches !!!! And actually having any sort of traction in 1st and 2nd would have been good!!...But im happy with my time none the less.....

celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals 2003 - THE BEST Tue, 29 April 2003 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
hey luke i just changed my mind instead of my cost price i will now charge you $800 for my boost controlller Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil

P.S you gave me AND dave flu you bastard ...i told you not to use your tongue only your lips ...heheheheeee Rolling Eyes

Jason
check your email i'll send you a copy of the 1/4 mile prog im working on should have 99% of the bugs ironed out by now

actually i get Peter a lot ( my dads name) (he's good looking too) .So i didnt even notice .

Let me know when your going to the creek next i'll bring my dyno plus and you can actually get a full accelration graph

Norbie
i know where i can probably get a pair of turbos (u.s spec)i'll get the owner if he has them) to email you .
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Newbie question
Next Topic:corona struts for t_18
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Oct 8 20:20:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0090880393981934 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.