Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Sat, 03 May 2003 06:29 Go to next message

what car?[ 29 vote(s) ]
1.Camry Sportivo V6 18 / 62%
2.Camry Sportivo 4Cyl 2 / 7%
3.S Pack Commodore 9 / 31%

whats everyone's idea's on the new Camry Sportivo V6? Dads looking at buying one,

its that or the Sportivo 4cylinder or an S pack Commodore.

what do you guys think? any comments?

Send a private message to this user    
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Sat, 03 May 2003 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in all honesty, despite hating falcodoores, a s-pack trough is probably the best of them, imho.
depends what he wants as well I guess.
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Sat, 03 May 2003 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mostly City driving, going to be auto,
trading in a Prado
towing boat now and then
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Sat, 03 May 2003 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As fart as i know - the sportivo has no extra grunt over a standard camry - just a bodykit + a few suspension tweaks that make it handle better than stock

Out of the Two - id also probably pick the commodore S for the bit more "go" it has

Though if i was in the market for a new " slightly sportier than stock " family car that can tow - you cant beat the BA xr6 .

184kw torquey 6 , Sports suspension , very nice looks for a ford , and around the same money as a sportivo

Heaps more bang for bucks !
Plus the falcon tows Better than all other family cars on the market - its a well known - and proven fact
wizzfizz2097
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Sun, 04 May 2003 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i thought there wasnt that much difference in power specs of the vvti 4 and the v6, then again that is when vvti kicks in...
personally id get the 4 cause you get hella good economy and a kick in the balls when you need (read: want) it
St3ve_AE92
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Sun, 04 May 2003 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If your towing a boat, and all the weight is gonna be at the back of the car, i reckon the rwd ford would be better, rather than the fwd camry.

its not a toyota..but in this case i'd say go the ford.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Sun, 04 May 2003 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also if your going to be towing anything with the Holden, be prepared to replace rear tyres often Smile
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Sun, 04 May 2003 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah
I'd be voting for an XR6 as well (even tho it wasn't on the list)
could either go the new turbo XR6, but even the model before it, which I've been driving around the past week, goes ok.
nothing xcompared to my 1jz supra, but it kicked the hell out of some poor audi a few days ago Smile
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Sun, 04 May 2003 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doesnt even have to be the XR6. Just the base model falcon will tow better then all in the list Rolling Eyes
AE92_Hatzi
Regular

May 2002

Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Mon, 05 May 2003 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ford XR6 gets my vote too. Standard falcon has same power but the XR6 has better suspension package doesn't it?
rdraginrolla
Regular

July 2002
Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Mon, 05 May 2003 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Performance shouldnt be the only factor. You should also factor in reliabilty/build quality and quality of materials used.

An commodore and falcon will fall apart quicker than a camry, just like all commos and falcos from the past.

Camry V6 Sportivo 145Kw, against 141kw for other models

I think the difference is that Holden & Ford make cars to make money, whereas Toyota make cars to last.

Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon1.gif  Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Mon, 05 May 2003 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I helped my gf's father buy a V6 Sportivo so I can comment here. We got ours for about $39k on road with a heap of extras.

It doesn't have ground breaking performance, but it's a pretty damn nice package. Got everything you want. The suspension was comfortable whilst still being pretty firm. The engine feels flat, but that's mainly 'coz the torque is so good.

Honestly, a Camry and Commodore aren't in the same category. If you want a good car, get the Camry.
If you want one with more performance and can handle the crap build quality, the fuel guzzling, and the NVH, and you need to tow something, then get the Commodore.

Oh yeah, and don't automatically assume that the V6 drinks more than the I4. it depends on how you drive. If you are a spirited driver, the V6 should guzzle less since you're not making it work as hard as if it was the 4.

Apparently, the exhaust on the Sportivo gives it about 7kW more or something like that, but it's still a wheezy little thing.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Mon, 05 May 2003 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you want to tow something dont get the commondore! They are just not meant to tow, sure the sales man will say it will but what would they know!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Mon, 05 May 2003 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah the xr6 has much stiffer suspension (having driven one for the past w3ek and a half)
despite what people will say about fords, I can say this xr6 has had no issues at all.
bought 2nd hand at 20000km (was a company car and had been driven pretty damn hard)
only thing that it neede dwere new tires and a new exhaust tip (someone had put a dodgy on on and it had rusted through)
since then it's only ever had it's sceduled services, and had no problems.

sure, it uses as much fuel as my TT supra, but what can ya do? Smile
rdraginrolla
Regular

July 2002
Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Mon, 05 May 2003 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From the reviews I've read the Sportivo 4 banger is more of a fun drive than the V6, especially with the 5 speed mano, because of better handling due to lighter engine. Apparently the 4cyl isnt must slower than the v6 anyway in mano form.

JDM hachi
Regular

February 2003
Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Mon, 05 May 2003 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if any one here has actually launched a decent sized boat with a FWD then they will know to never try it again, even if the boat is only used once in a blue moon, slippery boat ramps and FWD do not mix.
im going to go out on a limb here (remember i do own a toyota, and have never owned a holden) but having recently sampled a new commy, i dont know what the issue of build quality is, i have yet to try the cammry, but the commodore was not that bad, sure the holden is nothing like what german offerings costing over twice the price are like but nor is it like a late seventies leyland. the major drawdack to a local car is devaluation, ie they, as everybody knows, dont last for ever and to top that off, if sold after 2-3 years they are worth less than half their orrig. price.
i dont know what the price difference of the mazda6 compared to the camry but has he looked at these, the ones with the body kit look IMO better than the camry.
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Tue, 06 May 2003 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well my pearents own a v6 sportivo, personally they dont go they great, the commodores are a big piece of crap if u ask me i would be going for either a mazda 6 or a ford the mazda 6 seems to have a good pick up, although having said that the sportivo dont go so well it was an auto so i would say a manual would have a bit more kick then the auto would.
so i would put it down to
1 ford falcon (xr6)
2. mazda 6
3. sportivo (v6)
4. holden
rdraginrolla
Regular

July 2002
Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Tue, 06 May 2003 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Of course a new commorodre (or any new car for that matter) will look ok build quality wise. You should take a trip to a car dealer and sample some USED Bombodores (especially VT) and Falcos (preferably AU, you'll should be able to move the whole dashboard).

Then go and sit in a Camry and feel the difference.

hey man dis car aint fallin apart yet bro

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Tue, 06 May 2003 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rdraginrolla wrote on Tue, 06 May 2003 14:37

Of course a new commorodre (or any new car for that matter) will look ok build quality wise. You should take a trip to a car dealer and sample some USED Bombodores (especially VT) and Falcos (preferably AU, you'll should be able to move the whole dashboard).

Then go and sit in a Camry and feel the difference.

hey man dis car aint fallin apart yet bro

I'm not sure where this shit was pulled out of, but I have a 98 model AU Falcon that has been flogged around bigtime and it has lasted much longer than the same year camry that has been flogged around just the same!
I'm sure most people that say that the Holden and Ford build quality is shit are the people that just plain and spimply cant afford one Twisted Evil
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Tue, 06 May 2003 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree
my family has owned nothing but, and never had any problems (well, apart from when my brother lost control, mounted a gutter, tore a tree out of the ground and ended up in someone's front yard... then the acclaim got written off)

sure, they're buses, have no guts, and I wouldn't want to own one... but I've never had any problems iwth them
rdraginrolla
Regular

July 2002
Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Tue, 06 May 2003 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That "shit" was information from my experience of scrutising over these old tech shitboxes that they sell for the same and sometimes more money as more modern and high tech vehicles like the Camry. From riding in, driving and reading articles on these pieces of trash, I can confidently say, that the majority are put together by Apprentices using the same machinery they used to assemble the Camira and Gemini. Just look at them when driving around,I bet you can at least see the panel fit is shithouse.

If Holden and Ford think their Commodore and Falcons can compete with the Europeans (as they have said in the past and still do Laughing ), then maybe they should learn how to make a f**king car properly. They've been making cars for how long now?

I could afford one of these dinosaurs substituting for automobiles, but I like to drive a car where when describing my car to fellow comrads I can confidently mention the word "Quality", "Smooth Engine", "Refined" and ah how about "In my car the auto doesnt CLUNK from gear to gear, its gear changes are smooth like butter". These words are unfortunately missing from the vocabulary of the Commodore and Falcon owner.

Its people like you who buy these pieces of shit, that gives an excuse to Holden and Ford to keep making crap, because as far they are concerned, as long customers keep buying their trash cars, then they'll keep making 'em, so they don't think quality needs improving.

Question: How may recalls have occured in Australia involving the VT-VX commodore. Answer: 12! Holy Smoke, but Commodores look sweet so I'll buy one anyway cos Im a f**king redneck and love me Holdens!

How may recalls for that well built AU Falcon: Not quite Commo terrority but comes second with 6 recalls. Well Done Ford! Almost there!

The BA started well though with 2 recalls already!

And how many recalls for the 97-2002 Camry: ZERO!

The truth hurts! Very Happy

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Tue, 06 May 2003 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL, so your got your information by reading articles Laughing
I have said it before and I'll say it again, tow a caravan around australia with your camry and see how far you get Very Happy
A camry might be ok for driving around but as soon as you make it do some work you'll know why I bought a Falcon.
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Tue, 06 May 2003 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
settle down guys,

i'm a holden fan myself and i admit they could do a bit better in their quality but hey its not that bad, sure they arn't as good as the jap cars like toyota but they are still a good piece of work, and if they really are that bad then people wouldn't buy them,

Camry after going for a drive in the new model has a very nice auto, you don't even know its changing gears, v6 vs 4cyl well you don't notice the difference for the average person but i drive 20 different cars every day so i learn to pick the fine details and i feel the 6 goes much better, it just doesn't seem like it at first as it doesn't have a big power curve as its just a smooth curve the whole way through the rev range so its no sudden hit of power also it doens't sound as fast as its not reving its tits off like the 4cyl does, so i like the 6, no where near as powerful as the v6 commadore, buts its a lot more roomy inside and drives nicer,

as for front wheel drive's pulling boats out well its not the best combination but it can be done easily you just have to move the boat further back on the trailer so the boats weight is taken by the trailers axle rather then the back of the car which will help in the front wheels having better traction.

by the way, we once had a 94 model 2.2L 4cyl Camry, now my sisters car and has 280,000Km on it and has never had a problem, might be gutless but has never had a problem only ever needed its normal service and thats it no parts have ever been replaced except for the battery, so you can't complain about Toyota, they make a fantastic car.

personally i would buy the Holden but thats just because i like them for some reason,

only Toyota i would buy is a Celica or Supra Very Happy something either 4wd or Rwd
rdraginrolla
Regular

July 2002
Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Tue, 06 May 2003 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So cool1, what your saying is that respected publications that have been around longer than you and tested more cars than you in and in more detail, are not a good base to make an opinion about certain cars? E.g Wheels, Motor, Carpoint, Autoweb?

You'll find that in most cases, they will come to the same conclusion about a car.

Also read my post again. I didn't say I had just read articles Razz

Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon3.gif  Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Tue, 06 May 2003 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GIN51E wrote on Tue, 06 May 2003 21:27

Camry after going for a drive in the new model has a very nice auto, you don't even know its changing gears, v6 vs 4cyl well you don't notice the difference for the average person but i drive 20 different cars every day so i learn to pick the fine details and i feel the 6 goes much better, it just doesn't seem like it at first as it doesn't have a big power curve as its just a smooth curve the whole way through the rev range so its no sudden hit of power also it doens't sound as fast as its not reving its tits off like the 4cyl does, so i like the 6, no where near as powerful as the v6 commadore, buts its a lot more roomy inside and drives nicer,

Yup, as I stated earlier. The engine feels flat, but that's because the torque curve is so damn flat. You step on it and it feels like it's just puttering along until you look down at the speedo and go "WTF?!"

I remember looking at the performance data and the auto is about 1.5s slower to 100km/h. So, yeah, if you want to test a Camry's performance, don't try an auto....
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Wed, 07 May 2003 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rdraginrolla wrote on Wed, 07 May 2003 08:56

So cool1, what your saying is that respected publications that have been around longer than you and tested more cars than you in and in more detail, are not a good base to make an opinion about certain cars? E.g Wheels, Motor, Carpoint, Autoweb?

You'll find that in most cases, they will come to the same conclusion about a car.

Also read my post again. I didn't say I had just read articles Razz

The problem with all mags is that they take "new" cars out for testing! How does this prove anything about build quality? Rolling Eyes Now if they tested the exact same car 3 or 4 years down the track this would lead to a much different out come when it comes to the build quality Shocked
Anyway stop side stepping my point and go tow a caravan around Australia and see how long it takes for that camry to fall apart! Once you do this come back and tell me how much better the camrys build quality is than Ford and Holden. This is if you make it back of corse Laughing
Ollygt
Regular

January 2003
Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Wed, 07 May 2003 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wait till the new Honda accord comes out with the 240hp 2.4L 4cylinder. It'll eat those...oh and 6speed transmission Wink

Cool1 is right though, I've got a book which gives the Camira a good write up when it was new Wink

[Updated on: Wed, 07 May 2003 06:50]

Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon5.gif  Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Wed, 07 May 2003 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Wed, 07 May 2003 16:38

Anyway stop side stepping my point and go tow a caravan around Australia and see how long it takes for that camry to fall apart! Once you do this come back and tell me how much better the camrys build quality is than Ford and Holden. This is if you make it back of corse Laughing

I don't see your point. The fact that the Camry is FWD makes it have less grip when towing something (refer to the aforementioned boat ramp).
That has nothing to do with reliability.

If I was to tow something around Australia, I'd take the Camry any day 'coz I know it could make it.

How many Performance Car Of The Year or Bang For You Bucks comps has had all the Fords and Holdens finish? I can't remember a single one.
I can't think of any car from any other manufacturer that's failed. Maybe except the Viper, which I think cooked its brakes...
Ollygt
Regular

January 2003
Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Wed, 07 May 2003 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well the Viper was the epitome of American construction, brute force and ignorance, and to quote Gino Italiatoni (Head of the ItalroAustralian petrol head association) The only pedal you need to worry about is the brakes, never touch that one or else you go slow.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Wed, 07 May 2003 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What I meant by towing the caravan was, If you make the camry do any real work it wont last long at all!
A good example of this is the taxi companys, why is it that they dont keep buying camrys? Sure they try it every now and then but they just dont last like the Fords and Holdens!
Ollygt
Regular

January 2003
Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Wed, 07 May 2003 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Those falcons do have a reputation as being bullet proof and cheap to fix. Over a million kms on some and still going strong...probably because they have little down time.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Wed, 07 May 2003 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unfortunatly I work for a company that leases camrys (and shitty pajeros) for the sales men who drive everywhere in them. We currently have all last model camrys and after a few long trips on the highway the front bumbers started stressing and hanging a bit lower than normal. Also passenger side? CV's or UNis whatever they are called keep wearing out.
Now this is where I start real trouble by saying we also have an AU falcon which never causes any trouble except for the cheap spark plug leads crapping them selves.
Ollygt
Regular

January 2003
Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Wed, 07 May 2003 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The problem is if the car is made here, you start seeing the amount of faults increase and the ratio of Lemons to decent cars rise.
Our Australian made 88 Magna started rusting in the tailgate after 5 years, became noisey and ratchety, became rough. When we first got it, it was smooth and near silent. Dad pretty much swore never to buy another "Australian made" car and we haven't since.

92 EG Civic has been fantastic over the 11 years we've had it Smile and still looks nice and shiney to boot.

[Updated on: Wed, 07 May 2003 07:30]

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Wed, 07 May 2003 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not trying to say that the Camry is no good at all, I'm just saying that if you want it to do any real work it just wont cope!

[Updated on: Wed, 07 May 2003 07:27]

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Wed, 07 May 2003 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dollar for dollar - how much is a Camry sportivo - agains say the non turbo XR6/futura/Xt falcon ( pick one )

Towing wise - these are by far the best of the 5 family sedans in oz ( 5 being camry , magna , avalon , commodore , falcon ) as they are much more suited to towing something like a boat/caravan and enjoy a much meatier torque range than all the other motors

Build quality is pretty good in the BA - mind for a few interior bits that shit me - but toyota do get this right - its a well known fact .. Though IMHO - for a what you seem to be looking at - ie a large family sedan with some sporting characteristics -that can now and then tow a boat - hands down - the falcon is the best buy dollar for dollar - anyone who argues must have their head in the sand or really Really hate fords . Im not being ford biased on this - just know that FWD cars dont like big loads - especially on slippery boat ramps, plus for large family sedans - the BA is known for its very good handling charateristics - Something else ford really worked on and got right for a car its size

In our Trusty old EL Sapphire ( that has been flawless from purchase - 5 years on and still no clunks rattles vibrations or rust ) has done a tad over 100 thousand K - has towed my celica back from QLD - we never noticed the celica was there - it just happily burbled down the road as if it was just another drive in the country- Its also hauled out 2 large boats off fairly steep gradients on semi regular basis - with minimal trouble.

I dont think the camry's too waterproof - I dont think wheels test this - cause thats where the thing will end if your hauling out a decent sized boat out up a ramp

New camry Aquivo - with waterwings ! - see it in your local lake - NOW !

( sorry bout the long rant - its just an oppinion )

[Updated on: Wed, 07 May 2003 08:56]

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Wed, 07 May 2003 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how many times has camry won car of the year? just to fire a slug back in the other direction and stir the pot a bit more

i can think of hmm - 4 or 5 in commodores favour - , about 4 for falcon - a few for magna .. What does this say about the poor old camry - Something must be amiss here Shocked

And i think The Xr6 turbo did take out a PCOTY or something similar late last year from one of the mags

Also - to answer my question from before:

Camry Sportivo v6 - $38990 on the road ( manual 2.4 lt 145kw, 284nm torque)
Falcon Xr6 ( non turbo ) $37,750 ( manual - 4.0lt twin cam inline 6, 184kw 380nm torque)

Xr6 turbo for comparison $43885 for a manual ( twin cam inline 6 , 240kw or 195kw at the treads, 450nm torque) - so 5 grand more - you get a hellova heavy hitter family sedan .
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Wed, 07 May 2003 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In my best Homer voice "Bah Ha Ha Ha Haaaa" Laughing
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Wed, 07 May 2003 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Wed, 07 May 2003 17:08

What I meant by towing the caravan was, If you make the camry do any real work it wont last long at all!
A good example of this is the taxi companys, why is it that they dont keep buying camrys? Sure they try it every now and then but they just dont last like the Fords and Holdens!

Pfft.. theres bugger all Holden taxis going around. When I was up at Cairns, I saw heaps of Camry Taxis as opposed to the other two.

As far as I'm aware, the only Holdens I ever see are the ones that are both privately owned and used for business.

From what i have been told, the reason why they all use Falco's for Taxis, is because the work very well on Gas. Where as the Buicks.. er I mean the Holden V6's just don't last it on Gas.

EH, I SCREW THE LOT OF THEM AND BUY A SECOND HAND LS400 AND CRUISE AUS IN STYLE!!! RWD, 4.0ltr V8. You can buy them for under 20G if you look hard enough. (early 90's ones)
rdraginrolla
Regular

July 2002
Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Wed, 07 May 2003 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im not sure what towing has to do with a cars build quality exactly and I'm a little suspicious about Wheels giving car of the year to the Falcon. Reason being that the turbo falcon overheated during the test and was already the subject of a recall before the test commenced Razz . But other than a few reversations about their reviews I generally believe what they say.

You have to realise also that they are testing new cars. When testing new cars you don't really know that a new model may fall apart and experience problems further down the track. The manufacturers usually put aside a test fleet for motoring journalists. Who knows maybe Ford and Holden pulled their finger out and made one decent car for the test fleet!

Also Camry is the best selling car in USA, and is up against more competiion than over here. Maybe there's too many rednecks in Australia who think that Commodore and Falcon are better cars because they race in Bathurst.

Wouldn't you feel a little ripped off buying a Bombadore or Falcon only to realise that, what is powering your car now was powering old fords and buicks back in the 50's and 60's. Confused

Maybe Ford and Holdens have good towing ability, because they know at some stage they may have to tow another broken down ford or holden! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'd have to say though, Ford and Holden have come a long way! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon2.gif  Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Thu, 08 May 2003 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I never really trust anything the Aussie press writes about Falcadores.

I've seen too many issues where Falcadores have been put up against Beemers and Mercs. What kinda of bullshit is that?!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Thu, 08 May 2003 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think thats in more of a relative performance scope Nark. They always bag out their quality in comparison.
Ollygt
Regular

January 2003
Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Thu, 08 May 2003 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wonder how the new Accord in America (different from everywhere else) will do, and the new Accord everywhere else (Acura TS-X in America) will do here.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Wed, 30 November 2005 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohhh fuck!

post removed, god dammit i didn't see the date

CRAP!

[Updated on: Thu, 01 December 2005 00:14]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Wed, 30 November 2005 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go the grave digging Merudo only two and a bit years old Rolling Eyes
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Thu, 01 December 2005 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shit i'm sorry dude, i was reading that other camry thread and started searching for other camry-related stuff just for a read, and i've replied to this older thread.

my bad Confused
tom210
Regular

March 2005
Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Thu, 01 December 2005 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok how about an AWD magna.. i dunno just a suggestion
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Thu, 01 December 2005 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tow + fwd = ARGH
mic*
Regular

July 2005
Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Thu, 01 December 2005 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i like this thread...

read all the way thru, to find out its two fucking years old.

I think that the car would have been purchased by now...

Still tho, its a great arguement. Keep it raging. The taxi thing about falcons is tru. Taxi's are a business. Ultimate goal of every business is minimise costs. The falcon 4.0L six which i have never desired to know anything about, is supposedly the most fuel efficient on gas (cheaper - less cost) over the buick / isuzu which dont really work, or the mitstu or toyota.

Furthermore, more efficient at idle than through the range is the important thing, coz they idle all day.

AND more mechanically reliable!!! - when being started once every 750km.

One of the most attractive points of the Ford to businesses is the "off the shelf" availability of parts. When a company vehicle isnt running, money is a burning. You could just about build a Falcon from scratch down at your local Autobarn...

Obviously the tides are turning tho coz the majority of new taxi's i have seen in Brisbane are Toyota Avalon's.

Can someone tell me what engine these run? Its obvioulsy converted to gas or does toyota make it that way?

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Thu, 01 December 2005 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They would run the standard V6 converted to gas. there is a few avalons and camry's in sydney, also a few Holden Zafira's as well.
leasaunce
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go? Sun, 04 December 2005 09:43 Go to previous message
go with the camry dude!

they're cheap to service n they're tough (parents got the camry n still going strong after 7yrs), but if you want performance go with holden or ford.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Radiators
Next Topic:PHOTOSHOP
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:40:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0081729888916016 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.