Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » Queensland » Need Help With Getting 18rgeu to run. Please Help??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Blaze
Regular

December 2002
icon9.gif  Need Help With Getting 18rgeu to run. Please Help?? Mon, 05 May 2003 07:31 Go to next message
Hi there people,

I asked a while back about getting some help with this conversion well I thought it would all go smoothly. Not so. I have the engine in now. I have got from the 18r to 18rgeu with an electronic dizzy, so a few changes.

1.fuel is working(not sure if the pressure is right though).

2.I am getting spark out of the dizzy. (changed over to a coil from 22re that has an ignitor) but not sure if it is working properly)
3.can hear the injectors cliking so I think they are working.
4. could be a dead ECU. using one from an early Camry to run a 2S-e??

Problem is it just won't kick. If anyone can lend a hand I really need it. Please let me now asap, cause if all else fails I will just have to conceed and let a pro$$$ do it for me Sad

Ph(0402785934)
email desblaze@yahoo.com.au

thanks guys
  Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Need Help With Getting 18rgeu to run. Please Help?? Mon, 05 May 2003 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why are you useing a Camry ECU? Do you have all the wireing diagrams you need?
I maybe able to help if its just a wireing problem!
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Need Help With Getting 18rgeu to run. Please Help?? Mon, 05 May 2003 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If the injectors are clicking the ECU is definitely working. I recommend getting a fuel pressure gauge and attaching it to your fuel rail; that's the best way to determine your engine is getting fuel, and it's a good diagnostic tool as well.
Blaze
Regular

December 2002
Re: Need Help With Getting 18rgeu to run. Please Help?? Mon, 05 May 2003 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am using a camry ECU as I just couldn't find one for the 18rgeu or even a 2tgeu. I was told that it would work. If you guys know anyone that has one of these ECU's let me know!!
Or if you know what else I can use that won't cast too much and I can get my hands on asap.

I have a pin out diagram of the ECU and used a diagram Norbie made for the general wiring layout. Power is going to the relays, the fuel pump if getting power when the AFM opens and fuel is coming through.

I am going to replace the ECU as I might not have had it earthed properly when I first started testing it. I got it at the wreckers and it is still under warranty.

Is fuel pressure a big problem?? where would I stick the sensor?
what pressure should it be at?

The car is out at Forest lake at the inlaws. so if anyone could help and come and have alook, I'd greatly apreciate it.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Need Help With Getting 18rgeu to run. Please Help?? Mon, 05 May 2003 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I'm no expert but I could come and have a look if I can get a lift! I can most certainly check out the wireing and see is there is any problems.
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Need Help With Getting 18rgeu to run. Please Help?? Mon, 05 May 2003 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Could be the igniter I've had the same problem with mine
Could the ticking be from the cold start injector and not the injectors them selves. Took me ages to figure it out.
BansheeBuzz
Regular

January 2003
Re: Need Help With Getting 18rgeu to run. Please Help?? Tue, 06 May 2003 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where abouts in bris are you? i am a qualified auto elec. I may be able to help providing your on the south side. We cound work something out. I will be up in bris tomorrow night actually and will also be heading out to tivoli on sunday

[Updated on: Tue, 06 May 2003 10:43]

BansheeBuzz
Regular

January 2003
Re: Need Help With Getting 18rgeu to run. Please Help?? Tue, 06 May 2003 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i also have the 22re ecu and afm that would run your efi as stated in your wanted post. also have spare igniter,coil,dizzy
Blaze
Regular

December 2002
Re: Need Help With Getting 18rgeu to run. Please Help?? Tue, 06 May 2003 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey Bansheebuzz,
give us your number and i will give you a call tomorrow to have a chat. or text me on ( 0402785934)

thanks
BansheeBuzz
Regular

January 2003
Re: Need Help With Getting 18rgeu to run. Please Help?? Tue, 06 May 2003 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
# is 0412734065 - where bouts in bris are you thou? i am fairly familiar with the toyo efi systems. Recently fitted efi to my hilux 22r.
Blaze
Regular

December 2002
Re: Need Help With Getting 18rgeu to run. Please Help?? Tue, 06 May 2003 11:13 Go to previous message
bansheebuzz you have a PM
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Mt Glorious... anyone?
Next Topic:toyota workshops?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 11:32:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052900314331055 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.