Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » Street Racing - A Personal Request.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon1.gif  Street Racing - A Personal Request. Tue, 25 June 2002 14:40 Go to next message
Toymodders and Guests,

This is a personal request from me so please take the time to read it.

There has been a increase in the number of threads on these forums that seem to promote or support street racing over the last few months. As a result the club board has had to step in here and there and try to put a stop to it. This is not something we enjoy as we could all better serve the club, by better utilising our time.

We are by no means trying to tell you how to drive your car or how to behave. I'm sure most people on these forums have had their share of events on the open road and I am no exception. No one here is foolish enough to think it won't happen again, all we ask is that you don't encourage it here and think about it for your own well being and the safety of others.

There are places for racing and NSW has some cost effective locations such as Eastern Creek and Wakefield Raceway.

Please respect the clubs stance on this subject and if you wish to comment you can email the entire board on board@toymods.org.auor reply to the thread.

Thankyou,

[Updated on: Thu, 18 July 2002 11:13]

Send a private message to this user    
troyboy
Regular

May 2002

Re: Street Racing - A Personal Request. Thu, 27 June 2002 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it seems only a few ring leader here... one whom we all know off in other posts... (not mentioning names)

but is it ok to have a old pacific cruise and post that up... u know.. spur of the moment stuff??? or are u cutting those out too??
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Street Racing - A Personal Request. Thu, 27 June 2002 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Troy,

Mate if you guys want to have a Cruise up the Pacific Highway or a run tho the National Park your more than welcome to post it up. Thats one of the things the forums are for.

All we ask is three things really,

1st and foremost if there is an official Club event on don't organise anything for the same Day/time It isn't fair on the people that work hard to bring the club events. Simon has alot of work to do to make sure these events happen.

2nd Have some social conscience. Drag Racing on the street is Illegal the club cannot support that sort of thing. It would be like posting up when your going to steel a car from the local car Park. We just can't condone it.

The 3rd is a request to show some courtesy to Simon and keep him informed of events you may be organising. You may wonder why but its simply so that we can keep track of what our members want to do and if possible maybe even make them official events, (Such as Bigworms Cruise)

Thanks,
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Street Racing - A Personal Request. Sat, 29 June 2002 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know that orgainising street races is illegal, and I back your stance up 100%.

But are the stories about "spur of the moment" stuff still alright in the warstories forum? I enjoy reading that sort of thing for the good entertainment.
DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

Re: Street Racing - A Personal Request. Sun, 30 June 2002 06:52 Go to previous message
Apollo...

We cannot stop individuals from breaking the law or talking about how they have broken it - that is up to the police to enforce (many of whom we know read these forums).

All we can do is discourage such practices and ensure that nothing illegal occurs at officially organised toymods events or is associated with the toymods name.

Be Safe. Have Fun. Keep it Clean.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Car show anyone intrested
Next Topic:Weight-Watcher's Pics (8/6/02) - Part II...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 06:30:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050859451293945 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.