Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » Wakefield 1/8th mile 23rd June...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Wakefield 1/8th mile 23rd June... Thu, 27 June 2002 04:20 Go to next message
Did anyone attend this meet last Sunday (apart from me, that is)?
My wife and I were there was there spectating (You may have noticed our beautiful Green LTD Soarer there...) and wondered if any worthies from this forum may have attended.
Also, there was a T18 competing and a V8 engined KE70. Anyone know these cars, and what they're running?
  Send a private message to this user    
ddeane
Regular

June 2002
Re: Wakefield 1/8th mile 23rd June... Thu, 27 June 2002 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yea I was there. I was in the red TA23 hooning around the hillclimb circuit.

Craig
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Wakefield 1/8th mile 23rd June... Sat, 29 June 2002 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The T18 was mine, running a 3TGTE.

I did see the green soarer, very nice rig! i bet it was a lot more comfortable on the highway than mine was at 4000rpm all the way (4.1:1 diff)!!

What sort of times were you running on the hillclimb craig? unfortunately i couldnt afford to participate in both events.

Phil

[Updated on: Sat, 29 June 2002 09:20]

ddeane
Regular

June 2002
Re: Wakefield 1/8th mile 23rd June... Sun, 30 June 2002 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
63s. Had a few problems with my right foot and traction. Bought a TRD lsd during the week so should be a lot better off next time.

Craig

Dylo
Regular

May 2002

Re: Wakefield 1/8th mile 23rd June... Sun, 30 June 2002 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice!

What did u get for it Craig? This is for the F seies Corona Diff?

And was it 2nd hand or new? 4.1:1 ???
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wakefield 1/8th mile 23rd June... Mon, 01 July 2002 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey TE72....

Yes, the Soarer is a very nice car to drive on those kind of trips; I enjoyed some "spirited" driving back to Canberra at (reasonable speeds - numbers edited!) on those back-roads with no-one around, while my wife slept!

Your car seems to go quite reasonably! (Helped in no small way by the diff ratio, no doubt Smile )

Do you know what that KE70 was running?

ddeane
Regular

June 2002
Re: Wakefield 1/8th mile 23rd June... Mon, 01 July 2002 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dylo

Its a 4.11 T series. Will be ok for hill climb and circuit.

Have got the corona diff and organise to have M&A set it up for the celica. Still have to hunt down a lsd centre.

The T series was reasonably priced and recently reconditioned. Just had M&A tighten up the pack.

Craig
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Wakefield 1/8th mile 23rd June... Mon, 01 July 2002 11:43 Go to previous message
Craig: Please let me know when you get the 'F' series diff sorted for the celica, i'd be more than interested in buying that T series LSD centre from you!! my email address is philt18@netspeed.com.au

I'm sick of having to put in the locked diff every time I go to the drags, its such a pig on the street!
i had the same problem as you last time i participated in the hillclimb, as soon as you hit boost out of those tight corners you just smoke the inside wheel with an open diff, an LSD should make it much more spirited!

biased99: I have no idea what that KE70 ran. It looked damn quick though!

Cheers

Phil

[Updated on: Mon, 01 July 2002 11:46]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Melbourne, Sprinter Cruise, Friday 12th July.
Next Topic:Track day
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 05:44:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044291019439697 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.