Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (Group A Bonnet on and frontmount nearly done!)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon10.gif  Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (Group A Bonnet on and frontmount nearly done!) Mon, 16 June 2003 09:09 Go to next message
well seeing no one put mine in here Smile here goes !

http://home.iprimus.com.au/utahraptor/gt4_pics/dcp_1261.jpg

http://home.iprimus.com.au/utahraptor/gt4_pics/dcp_1262.jpg

http://home.iprimus.com.au/utahraptor/gt4_pics/dcp_1263.jpg

http://home.iprimus.com.au/utahraptor/gt4_pics/dcp_1264.jpg

And my Old Trusty ta22 ( sold )
http://home.iprimus.com.au/utahraptor/gt4_pics/ta22.jpg

more pics to come when the group A bar is on the Gt4 !

[Updated on: Sat, 21 May 2005 04:04]

Send a private message to this user    
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Stuarts Gt4 Mon, 16 June 2003 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well seeing as no one has replied, I will Smile Smile Smile ...

GT4 looks nice man... Hows that new shaftie holding up???

What is the GRP A bar though??? A bar off a GRP A Celica GT4 or an aftermarket bar???
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts Gt4 Mon, 16 June 2003 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks rolla Wink

The shaftie is holding up quite well - havent broken it yet Wink

The Bar i mean is the front Bumperbar off a st185 Group A Celica ( carlos sainz model ) I have it sitting in Thy shed waiting for another part to come down from sydney so i can get it on Smile

At this stage it wont be on for Dyno day - Oh well !

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Stuarts Gt4 Mon, 16 June 2003 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No worries man...

Hehehe... Not enough power huh... LOL...

Thats what I thought you were on about... What are the other parts that you're waiting on???

Will you be coming down for dyno day???
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts Gt4 Mon, 16 June 2003 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Other parts - well hmm - a waterspray kit for a frontmount 'cooler , the exhaust dudes pricing me up a full 3 inch exhaust system + dump pipe ( rallycar style ), of got the stereo Guy researcing how the hell to make speaker pods for the GT4 - since it has none - and i have the bank manager waiting for me to come see him so he can ream my ass again for a loan extension to pay for such goodies Wink

- Next years got a planned new wheel/tyre suspension setup on hold , and the Frontmount cooler that Gee120 is trying to sort out now

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts Gt4 Sun, 22 June 2003 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
forgot to add the details:

Stock 3sgte motor

Aftermarket Boost controller ( wind it up to 13psi )

Fuel pump Jump to allow it to run at 13.5v instead of fluctuating

AVO Cat back Exhaust system + muffler

Personalised "ST-185" plates

heavy Duty Clutch plate ( no slippys on high boost )

Modified somtheingorother that lets me get maximum boost in 1st and 2nd gear instead of limiting it to 8psi ( its a hose in there somewhere !!! )

HKS turbo Timer

Recently Added:

Speco Boost Guage + Alarm/Remote locking kit

Mods In the Works + being paid off ( for evolution 2 level )

Cold Air induction

Turbosmart Hybrid BOV

D & T performance Replica ( made locally but the same system ) 3 inch Full system , High Flow cat + cannon " wake the neighbours " muffler

Aussie Exhausts 3 inch Dump pipe

Whiteline " the Works " handling pack ( koni's swaybars springs the lot )

st185 Group A front bumper ( purchased - waiting on mounting bar to arrive ) + waterspray kit for Frontmount cooler

Gary's ( gee120 ) Frontmount Intercooler Setup

* note evolution 3 involves aftermarket ECU, forgies , and highflow turbos - need mucho $BLING$ $BLING$*

16 or 17 inch alloys ( ROH Adrenelin look good atm ) + goodyear F1's all round

Respray ( much needed )

Stereo planned:

Eclipse single din Cd player
Eclipse rear 6 inch co ax speakers
Focal 6.5inch Splits + custm EXPENSIVE AS ALL HELL doorpods
Kicker AMP ( which i have )
Single 8 inch Subby running off Said Amp

Should mostly come together next year - when i turn 25 and i can " modify " cheaply with shannons insurance coverage becoming more affordable for " modified " category

[Updated on: Sun, 22 June 2003 12:43]

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 Mon, 23 June 2003 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The plans look awesome dude...

Can't wait for me to start my planned mods aswell...
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 Mon, 23 June 2003 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When you say D&T replica your talking about D&T performance exaust right?

My brother works for them hear in Perth.
They've done a nice job on my corona
2 and a 1/2 inch strait threw single muffler.

Its very LOUD just the way i like it (not drone) Smile
Its very very loud when i give it hella revs (hurts your ears outside the car) hehehehe i cant wait to go threw drive threw at maccas I'll have a WHAAAAAAAAAAAP with WHAAAAAAAAAA Laughing Laughing
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 Mon, 23 June 2003 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All comes with Dollars as youd know Smile this years budget was eroded a little by the driveshaft going boom ( 700 + dollars there ) and a trip to New zealand

insurance wise its oly like 150 dollars more next year to get it bumped up seeing ill be over 25 - so first things to go in will be the suspension , the front bar , and the new wheels and exhaust ..

After that - ill start upgrading the motor side of things + stereo

Gt4 handles ok - but man are they restricted in the exhaust side of things and a but rolly polly for heavy in the hills fun ..

That mostly will be dialled out by the nationals next year when i PLAN TO GO and hook up with my QLD buddies to show them the evolution Smile

re exhaust - My old ta22 - for a 1600 bellowed like a raging bull at full revs - i was well known to be heard first - and then arriving soon after

it had a 2.5 straight thru system on it - no resonator , no cat -and just a sports muffler at the back ..

I miss the old girls " announcement " of arrival - so the GT4 will be coppig that treatment - Loud CAN be good - and if its too loud - then your TOO OLD!!!

And yes its a system being made thats IDENTICAL to the D&T system listed on their page bar me using a different off the shelf dump pipe

Add the WHAAAAP and at idle rumble to a PSSSHH of blow off valve - and it should be noticed Wink
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 Thu, 26 June 2003 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
love those pumped guards. looks soooooo much better than a stock celica. why you changing the front bar the one you have now looks pretty awesome

Daniel
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 Fri, 27 June 2003 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ha Smile it looks OK now - but personally i dont like the stock 185 bumper -

Wait till the group A bumper is on and sprouting a nice shiney intercooler behind it !!

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
This goes on in about a months time Mon, 28 July 2003 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nod oh yah baybee! Nod

thats right larry - ITS A NEEEWW BUMPER!

http://home.iprimus.com.au/utahraptor/gt4_pics/grp abumper.jpg

MMM buuummppeerrrrr ARGH Rolling

[Updated on: Mon, 28 July 2003 10:10]

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 ( new pic ) Mon, 28 July 2003 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think you forgot something, Maybe you should fit it Rolling Eyes
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 ( new pic ) Mon, 28 July 2003 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know where i could fit it shane Twisted Evil Smile

got all the bits - seeing im on holidays in 4 days it goes on when i come back - along with the fulsic wheels - and if budget allows the suspension Wink
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 ( new pic ) Mon, 28 July 2003 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sweet!!!

So do you have the mesh inserts and the spotties???
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 ( new pic ) Mon, 28 July 2003 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grp A bumpers dont have spotties fella - and mesh i still have to get -

the inserts from toyota are about 200 dollars !! Shocked Sooo ill be making my own Wink

the duct on the passenger side will be used as a cold air induction port - Already gotr the plumbing bits to make it - just have to get off my scrawny ass and build Wink
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 ( new pic ) Mon, 28 July 2003 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Really??? I thought they came factory with spotties???

Will you be fitting some spotties???

Yeah, I'm not surprised that the Toyota ones are expensive...
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 ( new pic ) Mon, 28 July 2003 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no spotties ..

main headlights are being upgraded to have 130 watt high beams + 100 watt low beam

if i had spotties id do it the 4 headlight rally style way - but that would disrupt airflow to the intercooler scoop - SOOOOO spotties if iEVER do them - will come after the frontmount that will live behind that big middle opening
SCO-77K
Regular

January 2003
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 ( new pic ) Tue, 29 July 2003 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man cars looking awesome! cant wait to see it with the bumper and the wheels.
Maybe you can answer this, iv always wanted to know what the difference is between the hood scoop like yours and the wacky one, like is one the grpA? and if so , does it help in performance or what?
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 ( new pic ) Tue, 29 July 2003 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its pretty simple

the one on mine is a intercooler scoop - that directs air down onto the air to air intercooler on the top of the motor

the one on the group a's is more of a passage to let heat out from under the hood ( dirty big hole in it - effective for dicipating heat ) with two smaller holes at the back to draw heat further out from under ..

the little hole next to the big one is a vent thats ducted down onto the cam belt - as these were prone to melt in rally conditions in My model

hope that clears things up Smile

+ ta for the compliments ..

wheels and bumper are scheduled to go on in september , followed by suspension and exhaust before years end ..
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 ( new pic ) Fri, 22 August 2003 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
update:

Wheels have been ordered -

The choice was Performance tempests ( roh adrenalin clone but cheaper ) shod with goodyear f1 silicon tyres

Suspension will be ordered next week - pending finances - ill be either getting the whiteline " works " kit with Koni's OR KYB shockers.

Group a Bumper parts have been gathered bar the mesh ( which i have to source yet ) and will be installed as soon as the suspension is in

Rear bumper is being painted at the same time as the new front one - so all " crappy " parts ofn the paint will look good again.

Cold air induction parts are in the process of assembly - i need a few hours free - some cable ties - and some duct tape to finish the job ( ha ! )

cars " looks and handling " will be complete - as of mid october at the latest
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 ( new pic ) Mon, 25 August 2003 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lookin good man...
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 ( new pic ) Tue, 26 August 2003 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good to hear with your GT4, keep them mods comin!!! Very Happy

on a differant note, i still see "the PIG" from time to time..

still snortin and grunting like always! jeremy takes real good care of it Smile
CHRIS

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 ( new pic ) Wed, 27 August 2003 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HA ! he better - i put a lot of work into thatc ar to get it to where it was - im glad jeremy has the $$'s to get it looking as mean as it sounds Smile

Any chance of pestering him for some photos as i dont see/hear much from him on here ..

Id like to see how the old gil looks these days - Im guessing you lot will be at the toyota nats this year ..

ive already asked for the time off with my new jobs - and i will have the wheels , suspension , bumpers , clear side indicators , and possibly the exhaust all done before the Big weekend out ..

I can pretty much guarantee it will be one of the meanest looking somn of a bitch GT4's that will grace that day .. ill be parked in between the Toymods Crew - and the Queensland celica club - Seeing im member of both now ;)heh - i wonder if i can " loan " my buddys subbies and a spare amp for the event also Wink

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 ( new pic ) Tue, 16 September 2003 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well - the update

Tyres arrived last friday - Suspension arrived in the warehouse today - and the wheels will be here by monday they hope

All should be installed running gear wise by friday of next week if all goes sweetly .. THEN - next month - the front bumper Smile

alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 ( new pic ) Wed, 17 September 2003 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stuart,

yeah mate im sure we will all be there again next year!

and if go to http://www.geocities.com/social_ccg im sure u will find a couple of piccies ur old car there!

i should konw because i built the site and shoved em on there!!!

and at the toymods Toyota Nations photo album i think there is a couple in there as well.

cheers chris
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 ( new pic ) Thu, 18 September 2003 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well the suspensions here - charging up the digicam to take a snap of what i got ..

PS - saw some pics of the old girl Always ra23 - it still looks good Smile cant wait to see what jeremy does with it
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 ( new pic ) Thu, 18 September 2003 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wat sort of suspension did ya get??

oh yeah and there was talk of some 4AGZE converting a while back with the TA22!
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 ( new pic ) Fri, 19 September 2003 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got the full whiteline works kit ..

as for 4agze - that would go Ok - BUT if he wants to do it right - 3sgte all the way baybee!
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 ( new pic ) Sat, 20 September 2003 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the Whiteline " works kit " - goes in next week !

http://home.iprimus.com.au/utahraptor/gt4_pics/dcp_1403.jpg

2 really cool stickers included - " whiteline FLAT OUT " and a " koni improved " one Wink

Muahah!

[Updated on: Sat, 20 September 2003 11:57]

Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 ( minor update ) Sat, 20 September 2003 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that is one gorgeous gt4. i know what to look for next saturday Very Happy
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (new Wheels pictures!!) Wed, 08 October 2003 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well - here it is with its new shiney boots !!

Wheels are 16 inch performance tempests - riding on 225/45/16 Goodyear eagle f1 Gd-2 Tyres

I think the wheels look pretty sweet - and not to " huge " for the car

Suspensions also been put in - it now runs about 2 inches lower than standard ride - On the whiteline " works " kit ( including koni adjustable Shockers ! )

Hope you all like !

http://home.iprimus.com.au/utahraptor/gt4_pics/gt4new1.jpg

http://home.iprimus.com.au/utahraptor/gt4_pics/gt4new7.jpg

http://home.iprimus.com.au/utahraptor/gt4_pics/gt4new5.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 08 October 2003 08:51]

Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (new Wheels pictures!!) Wed, 08 October 2003 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
w00000t

that loox fucking awesome
will keep an eye out for you on the road...
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (new Wheels pictures!!) Wed, 08 October 2003 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked

drop

dead

gorgeous

...'nuff said Very Happy Smile Very Happy Evil or Very Mad
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (new Wheels pictures!!) Wed, 08 October 2003 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And the group A nose hasnt gone on yet - it will look shitheaps better then with the proper rally nose and an actual non chipped and cracked rear bumper Wink

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (new Wheels pictures!!) Wed, 08 October 2003 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Correct me If I am wrong but shouldn't you be running 50 profiles on 16"rims not 45 profiles, I thought the GT4's had a larger rolling Dia than the standard celi. 45's are standard celi rolling dia.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (new Wheels pictures!!) Wed, 08 October 2003 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
checking ..

definantly 45's

they are 16 inch rims - remeber -

they ran a 50 or so on the 15 inch rim as stock ..

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (new Wheels pictures!!) Wed, 08 October 2003 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was just wondering because an ST162 with 16" mags runs 45's but the ST165 with 16" runs 50's

I thought that ST185 had 15" 55's at stock

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (new Wheels pictures!!) Thu, 09 October 2003 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice rims man... Love the plates too Smile Smile Smile ...
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (new Wheels pictures!!) Thu, 09 October 2003 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the missing picture is up! Very Happy
DavGT4
Regular

I supported Toymods
Toymods Special Events Coordinator

March 2003
icon14.gif  Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (new Wheels pictures!!) Sat, 11 October 2003 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice wheels stu! Looks a whole lot better than the factory ones. Still heaps jealous of how straight the body is though... wish mine was that good Sad

Can't wait to see it with the GrpA front bar...........
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (new Wheels pictures!!) Sun, 12 October 2003 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill probably be pricing the front bumper install tomorrow afternoon - got to get some touchups done as well - so if all goes to plan it Should be on at the end of this month/early november
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (new Wheels pictures!!) Mon, 13 October 2003 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its gorgeous, i think i've said it before too Very Happy
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (new Wheels pictures!!) Thu, 04 December 2003 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Project update:

The wheels and tyres have gone in and settled in - car sits about 1.5 - 2 inches lower - Handling is totally unbelievable ! the car just dogs in and goes with it Smile

Ive scrapped plans for the front mount - there was a mounting $$ bill that blew out for what i could afford - but luckily ive been able to track down a complete st185 Group A Water to air setup for it! That will be going on instead og the big frontmount setup - and should still be good for the 20 odd PSI i want to be running ..

As a bonus - I was also able to get a genuine Group A BONNET!!! WooT!

Its black in colour - so i will need to paint it eventually - bit as far as the pics ive seen - its straight - clean , and will polish up ok for the interm ! It arrives in january!

Ive also bought the 3 inch dump pipe and midpipe iwanted from aussie exhausts - Russel at aussie has been awesome - hes given me top notch service and great prices for what ive got so far - and i will be going back to him to complete the back half of system next year !

Ive also been offered a fantastic oppertunity by wolf EMS to use my car as the protoype testbed for their new st185 Standalone Ecu! They are waiting on me getting the exhaust piping fixed , then that will be happening - so you ST185 boys - I hope the grey beast will do the job and get you all a cheap easy to install ecu with all the goods to run higher boost + better mapping !!

This hopefully will be going in early in the new year..

now that these parts are sourced - im now working on finding the bits needed for my engine rebuild and gearbox swap. Already found my forgies - and im working on the gearbox !
Id like a set of higher lift cams too to put in while its all being built up - but i dont know how im going to track these down second hand as yet.

So - at this stage - heres what youll see at Dubbo ( easter )if all goes well - My st185 - with new boots , with a better exhust , engine management system , water to air intercooling and group A body trimmings ( even if the bonnets still black ! )

PS - the crappy peeling AVO sticker on the back has been removed without error - A nice new Koni impoved one sits beside the toyota badge on the bum now

[Updated on: Thu, 04 December 2003 11:04]

Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (Project update) Thu, 04 December 2003 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice car dude... should join the "Performance Hairdressing" club Razz

Out of interest how much did you get the Whiteline kit for? and where from?
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (Project update) Fri, 05 December 2003 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha !! 0 to a perm and tint in 5 seconds Wink

the whiteline kit cost me $1810 complete, i got it from a place in melbourne called metlow industries - a guy called mike helped me get it together

for interests aake - with KYB's instead of konis it was going to cost about $1500

number there is 03 93301166

cheers !

[Updated on: Fri, 05 December 2003 07:53]

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (Project update) Mon, 08 December 2003 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its here ! Very Happy its here ! Very Happy its here ! Very Happy its here ! Very Happy its here ! Very Happy its here ! Very Happy its here ! Very Happy its here ! Very Happy its here ! Very Happy

My aussie exhaust dumpy + midpipe have arrived - and the grey beast is booked in for friday to be de-asthmaticised !

out with the restrictive wheezy crap - in with 3 inch HPC coated featherweight shiney performance goodness

By weekends end - no longer will it be doing 113kw at the wheels .. 120 - 125awkw seems more of a more of a realistic figure with more ponies to come in january !

Double WHEE! Very Happy
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (Project update) Thu, 11 December 2003 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is this your way of making me jealous i cant make the cruise on sunday? Mad Mad
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (Project update) Thu, 11 December 2003 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes ..

but you can take heart knowing i found out today that my air conditioners condensor ( prick of a thing to get at behind the dash ) seems to have a leak - and will cost a packet to fix ..

oh well no aircon for summer it seems for another year ..

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts Gt4 Sat, 13 December 2003 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dump pipe is in - Prick of a job !

BUT the cars smoother on boost , and boossts lower in the range now ( more torquey feel ) and it makes a nice fsssshh noise Wink

note of the zorts is bassier but not overly droney Smile

All fun - Now , to get the other stuff done and get more powahs happening
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (What it will look like soon) Tue, 16 December 2003 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
found this on the net

What My gt4 will look like front on when finished !

http://www.crossy59.freeserve.co.uk/ault01.jpg
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (What it will look like soon) Tue, 16 December 2003 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmmmmm thats perdy nice....

i think i prefer the standard gt4 bonnet though...but who knows? im sure yours will loook fine Very Happy
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (What it will look like soon) Tue, 16 December 2003 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe - - i actually prefer the standard bonnet too - BUT! ( and theres always a but ) the group A one gives Much better underbonnet temp venting ( so the car will run cooler = happier car )

The standard ones scoop is only really good for ramming air onto the air to air intercooler - not for drawing air out Smile

Anyway - the rest of the Kit going on is group A so - one more purchase to make it cool better should be worth it. I think its guinna look funny until its painted with the Dorifto style black bonnet

Should be worth a laugh Smile
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (What it will look like soon) Wed, 17 December 2003 19:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stop updating this thread and get the fucking bonnett and bumper on fool Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

seriously stu - that looks sensational mate.

and get that bonnett. that bonnet is mad! get it. get it on there i tell you!

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (What it will look like soon) Thu, 18 December 2003 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
laughs !

well - im still waiting on an update on exact date for the Bonnet to arrive - so far its mid january ( with the intercooler in tow )

it will go in not too far from then - when i can actually afford to get the bugger sprayed Wink

Worked out the airbox thing greg - re piping - but still will appreciate a hand for the Cold air induction after Xmas !
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (What it will look like soon) Thu, 18 December 2003 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good to hear

yah no worries. lets chat. get me on MSN fella
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (What it will look like soon) Thu, 18 December 2003 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PM me your moby number greg - ive lost it ( i dont use MSN )
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (What it will look like soon) Wed, 24 December 2003 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey man just read ur hole project that is one nice celica they are such a nice model and then new bumper and bonnet will look so nice great job to, does ur suspenion ride nice its not to bumpy??? serious keep up the good work hey cheers hope i will be able to see it in the flesh one day see ya mate.
matt
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (What it will look like soon) Wed, 24 December 2003 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suspensions great - not rough at all - I have konis - oil filled shockers are Sweet as to have - less rigid then the gas - but much better in dampening bumps ..

I now can say its worth spending the extra to get them - and ive tested mine out on corrogated gravel - potholes , cattle grates etc , and its still not jarring ( i live in the country )

Cheers for the compliments too - Im aiming to hit the midyear Dyno day for toymods in sydney again - with about an extra 40 KW + at the wheels this year - so thats the best chance to see the car in action + up close

all the body mods will be done by then
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Tue, 03 February 2004 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
FINALLY its on !

Looks pretty sweet too !

Now for the Group A intercooler and bonnet - thats next !

http://home.iprimus.com.au/utahraptor/gt4_pics/grpAnose1.jpg

http://home.iprimus.com.au/utahraptor/gt4_pics/grpAnose2.jpg

http://home.iprimus.com.au/utahraptor/gt4_pics/grpAnose3.jpg
Pages (3): [1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:my 1986 Corolla Seca CS
Next Topic:sleepr ke70 4agze & my mates show car ke70 & white Ke70
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 08:35:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010401964187622 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.