Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (Group A Bonnet on and frontmount nearly done!)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
nick2b
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Fri, 01 October 2004 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude sxc as Hell, Looks Crazy at the front makes my mouth drop Surprised but if you want it to fall off, can you modify the back CRAZYLY if its possible, Not sure how much money you have but some suggestions cut the springs at the back,and change the spoiler and like my mouth will fall of. Hope to see some more pics good luck Shocked
  Send a private message to this user    
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Fri, 01 October 2004 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bonnet goes on as soon as the ecu + front mount piping is sorted ..

i needed tog et the ecu done so ic an piss off the afm and battery which currently are in the way for piping and turbo clocking room.

Keen also to see results - ive asked for a befor and after dyno printout - so that should show some goods
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Fri, 01 October 2004 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Fri, 01 October 2004 22:11

Bonnet goes on as soon as the ecu + front mount piping is sorted ..

i needed tog et the ecu done so ic an piss off the afm and battery which currently are in the way for piping and turbo clocking room.

Keen also to see results - ive asked for a befor and after dyno printout - so that should show some goods

and if not ? Razz
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Sat, 02 October 2004 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And if not ?

well - anything should be able to get some more ponies from the motor than a stock ECU Wink

they are doing it right so even if its a 20 KW gain - its still a gain Smile
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Sat, 02 October 2004 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Stewart - your car is already a crapload faster than mine Razz

I wish I could get this damn engine sorted tho (need $$$), damn thing keeps cutting boost down to 6psi, instead of the preferred 9psi...grr!

Looks like things are falling into place for ya, can't wait to see this thing in the flesh (although I imagine I'll have to see the rear end of it lots when it's on the road)
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Sat, 02 October 2004 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have you checked it for error codes ?

Also dunno what boost set is on the st165 - or what they work at .. ie when it limits how far it tunes back
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Sat, 02 October 2004 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My current guess is it's a faulty sensor of some description. Not sure exactly what...but I can't be bothered finding out as I have no money to fix it anyway Very Happy

ST165s run at ~7 psi when the ECU decides to limit it (ie in 1st & 2nd gear, or when in 'limp' mode or when there's some other kind of fault) and runs at around about 9psi at other times (3rd gear+, no faults).

I'd love to fix it, but first I gotta put my other car back together and sell that, then fix my TA/SA-23 - then it's time to attack GT4 Smile
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Sat, 02 October 2004 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you dont want an St185 e151 5 speed do you ?

believe these are a bit stronger than the e150 in the 165 or something - mines going cheap seeing im e154F St205 GB driven now ?
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Sun, 03 October 2004 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm sure I posted a response to that one there...hrmm...maybe I got moderated Smile

Umm - how many km's has the box done? My e150 (well that's the marking) is in pretty good nick for 129,000kms, however second gear synchro hasn't been as good since i let my brother drive it.... Laughing
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Sun, 03 October 2004 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its got 210 thousand on the box - its showing its age a bit - 2nd syncro has wear - i know that but its still going into gear ok + not popping out - im letting it go reasonably cheap as i dont need it + its just taking up space here.

Maybe a good candidate for example to replace the uprated syncros with the ones in the group A boxes - I know they go in this box with little fuss
Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 ( new pic ) Thu, 07 October 2004 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Mon, 28 July 2003 20:59

no spotties ..

main headlights are being upgraded to have 130 watt high beams + 100 watt low beam

if i had spotties id do it the 4 headlight rally style way - but that would disrupt airflow to the intercooler scoop - SOOOOO spotties if iEVER do them - will come after the frontmount that will live behind that big middle opening

Something like this perhaps Stu .... with these babies you can control daylight savings with a switch.

http://picserver.org/view_image.php/RG8K1G93B9Z1/p.jpeg

The car is really looking sweet. Especially that support brace thats holding up that CS bar Razz
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 ( new pic ) Fri, 08 October 2004 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HAHA ! Smile yes sorta like that Wink

id love to find one of the genuine TTE 4 light setups - they have a fiberglass moulded section which blends to the bonnet - they would be uber awesome ..

Though at this stage im loking into something akin to the driving lights that the VX commonwhores have but less visible from the front of the car , and not on during the day for wank factor ..

has anyone uprated their lights in the Gt4's before - ie what relays etc were needed - or can you only uprate the globes to a certian level
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 ( new pic ) Fri, 08 October 2004 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Fri, 08 October 2004 12:27

HAHA ! Smile yes sorta like that Wink

id love to find one of the genuine TTE 4 light setups - they have a fiberglass moulded section which blends to the bonnet - they would be uber awesome ..

Though at this stage im loking into something akin to the driving lights that the VX commonwhores have but less visible from the front of the car , and not on during the day for wank factor ..

has anyone uprated their lights in the Gt4's before - ie what relays etc were needed - or can you only uprate the globes to a certian level

pics of new hood already.. or ban etc
Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Fri, 08 October 2004 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey Stu.... the car above is mine mate from the days when I could afford to rally and had sponsorship. I can help with the wiring of relays etc.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 ( new pic ) Fri, 08 October 2004 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LO< - the bonnet snot on - but i do have a sweet pic of it leaning up against my bench in the shed Wink

See as it stands - the car is runnign on the top mount cooler until i can get it back in my possession - with the new ECU ..

Then i need to move the battery - and fit the frontmount - THEN top scoop becomes irrelevant - and i can fit the group A bonnet - See the logic here

Group a bonnet = heat venting holes

Standard = top mount cooler feed ....

Venting , feed , venting ........ feed Wink

Puffy - any help you can suggest on uprating the h4's for now would be Sweet Smile

PM me if you can help mate !
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 ( new pic ) Fri, 08 October 2004 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So Classique, If I see a car with 6 lights comming down the A1, it wouldn't be you Nod It most prob be a police car (or BS Ute) Cool
All you need now is a roll cage and rally tyres and we are all in trouble Smile

Cheers.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 ( new pic ) Fri, 08 October 2004 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rally tyres would be handy

offroad and the pilot tarmac tyres Wink

hah - nahh its a pipe dream re 6 lights - i just want somethign to improve the shit lights it has atm without totally ruining the cars appearance
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 ( new pic ) Fri, 08 October 2004 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh and i am pondering a cage

( safety for track days )
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 ( new pic ) Fri, 08 October 2004 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice car dude, great to see the progress. Was wondering how much you Wolf 3D costed?

Cheers
shane
Cool
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 ( new pic ) Fri, 08 October 2004 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh sorry dude - that is a secret ..

i didnt get it at normal retail rates - but i can find out what they do cost next time i speak to them
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 ( new pic ) Sat, 09 October 2004 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have you been on any track days with it now stuart? how was it handeling with the works suspension kit? i am also pondering a roll cage at the moment. Confused
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 ( new pic ) Sat, 09 October 2004 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
havent taken it to a track day as yet - Im waiting to have my big brakes on before i start doing any higher speed work ( if ive got power i have to be able to pull it up - repeatitively , and reliably )

As for the works kit - i can vouch for it being the goods mate - for a street car it handles beautifully , nice and crisp .

In the hills - its even better - So SO much more trustworthy than a stock setup
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 ( new pic ) Sat, 09 October 2004 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats awesome dude, i am also looking at upgrading my brakes...lol

i have been looking at the DBA 4000 series, same as that justin fella has on his twin turbo group A with the rear wheel drive conversion. with gtr calipers. Still researching. what brakes are you thinking about? do you use MSN? add me if you do, chewy7@hotmail.com

Cheers
Cool
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 ( new pic ) Sat, 09 October 2004 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No MSN - but i do use the toynods IRC channel

and i have a set of st205 Group A 4pots waiting to go on - just waiting on the rotors to arrive + be machined to get them on
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 ( new pic ) Sat, 09 October 2004 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much where the 4pot calipers dude?
the gtr are 6pot brembo calipers and hopefully find some for a decent price Cool
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 ( new pic ) Tue, 26 October 2004 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh - calipers were around the $600 mark

Project update:

Well the ecu is in , and half way there in tuning ..

Ran into a few snags along the way ( as you do ), those being the TPS not showing 100% range ( more like 80% ) a small leak/malfunction in the TVIS setup , and my Aircon ( controlled by ECU for idle stepping ) need to be fixed ..

So far ive managed to get a good evaporator for the AC - seeing it was the cause of my leaks , but managed to find an electrical gremlin there too thats stopping it switching on the pump .. So thats gunna be fun to find

As for the tuning on the new ecu - Even with a quick " lets just get the misxtures right so i can drive it " tune - its producung what feels to be another 1/3rd whallop down low on accelleration , torque curve seems to be alot more early now and heaps gruntier down low ..

The TVIS issues stopping power from being made up top as the secondary runners arent staying open, so as it stands - im not porducing much more overall KW then before - its just now utilising the fule and curve alot nicer ( no more huge black clouds of fuely smoke ).

Im also running 1PSI less boost - but still managing to generate the same power as before

Ive aslo found how to tweak my elec. boosty controller up to its maximum 20PSI setting so i have another 7PSI of map range to play with as soon as alls good to go.

On the frontmount situation:

All the core bracketry is made , as is 2/3 of the piping jig .

All that remains is clocking the turbo housing around , and the lower "to intercooler" pipe and it will be ready to make up in stainless/mild steel . nearly there - its been a good learning curve so far!

Still yet to do before years end!!

St205 front brake swap
Frontmount finished
Rearmount battery
Re-tune for more boost!

Then i start saving for evolution 3 ! the MORE POWER ZONE!
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (Group A engine + Gearbox Installed) Tue, 26 October 2004 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude, your car is mental! I'd reel off the Starsky and Hutch line about stock going up in my book, but every time i read this friggin thread your stock goes off the page!!!! Laughing
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (Group A engine + Gearbox Installed) Sat, 21 May 2005 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thought i better bump this up :

Updates of late

group A bonnet IS on

Frontmount intercooler is just about finished - getting the pipe sections welded up atm - should be a week or 2 off from running again

I have purchased rear St205 calipers and rotors - Calipers will be rebuilt and powdercoated red to match my front ones - Stainless braided lines will be made to match fronts

A set of 540 CC gen 3 injectors reside in my cupboard in preperation for the turbo upgrade later down the track

Also have a set of HKS 264 duration cams on the way - just got to finish paying them off!

more pics coming - or check up on my recent " what ive been doing every night etc etc " thread in general talk

[Updated on: Sat, 21 May 2005 03:49]

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (Group A engine + Gearbox Installed) Sat, 09 July 2005 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as of today - heres how she looks engine wise:

http://home.iprimus.com.au/utahraptor/gt4_pics/hpcpipes1.jpg
intercooler will be in soon - its ready to go - im just cleaning it to get the gunk and crap off it - and i need one 3 inch hose clamp to finish it off completely

[Updated on: Sat, 09 July 2005 09:42]

3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (Group A Bonnet on and frontmount nearly done!) Sun, 17 July 2005 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
post some pics up man of the front mount sitting there and stuff can't wait to see it! ..and 170aw kw from the stock ct26...that awsome...good job! Very Happy

i'm looking for 200fwkw from a fmic and 3in zorst and CAI and stock ct26 and zorst manifold and stocko puter and 16psi..i think i might be pushing it but i want to see if it can be done!

any ways keep up the good work!

Nezza Cool
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (Group A Bonnet on and frontmount nearly done!) Mon, 18 July 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
170AWKW is very impressive Very Happy Looking forward to some piccies which the group A bonnet on too 3S-GE_Man 200fwkw is prob pushing it mostly cause of the stock puter. I think Berad is gettin about 189fwkw with a FMIC, zorst, aftermarket computer and 15psi. But gl to u Very Happy will be a beast either way Very Happy
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (Group A Bonnet on and frontmount nearly done!) Mon, 18 July 2005 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Agreed - you wont get 200 fwkw with the stock computer

My setup is now limited by the fuel system - hence why i didnt press on to 17 or 18 PSI on the stock ct26 ...

plus unless you have an LSD - youll have serious traction issues when it comes onto boost ..

As for pics they are coming - now that its out of the shed i can get it in some sunshine
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (Group A Bonnet on and frontmount nearly done!) Mon, 18 July 2005 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I grew tired of waiting for Stu to chuck a photo up of his Group A bonnet goodness, so here's one he prepared earlier!!!!

http://home.iprimus.com.au/utahraptor/gt4_pics/bonneton.jpg

hehehehe, now I don't have to search two threads when I want to perve at it!
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (Group A Bonnet on and frontmount nearly done!) Tue, 19 July 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh thats a quick one done in the dark at 10 pm at night - ill see about a daylight one today - if this nice weather holds up Smile
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (Group A Bonnet on and frontmount nearly done!) Wed, 20 July 2005 12:03 Go to previous message
man tha front mount is HUGE Shocked in the group a bar (i got the same size cooler to be fitted) and that bonnet...OMG so sexy...celica's love'em Cool Very Happy

Nezza Cool
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:my 1986 Corolla Seca CS
Next Topic:sleepr ke70 4agze & my mates show car ke70 & white Ke70
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 13:03:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0088710784912109 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.