Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (Group A Bonnet on and frontmount nearly done!)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Tue, 03 February 2004 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
let me be the FIRST to congratuate you man. bonnet looks friggn'AWWWWWWWWESOME. Smile Wow. Your car looks SO different from when I saw it. so so so so cool man. congrats

hey you going to nationals now? hows our friendly head gasket?
  Send a private message to this user    
T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Tue, 03 February 2004 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That looks great Stu, I never noticed the Custom plates till now Sad
Wait till I can get some pics of my resprayed car Very Happy Very Happy
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Tue, 03 February 2004 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr headgasket still needs to be tested - but i am having fun scooping conjealed green stuff from my radiator ..

Seems ALOT of the fins are blocked in it ...

Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Tue, 03 February 2004 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that looks very very cool stu.

hopefully all you have is radiator problems, no BHG. ive been lucky- in both my celica and supra the things that could have been headgaskets have been radiator cores etc....

Smile
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Tue, 03 February 2004 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well im REALLy hoping its that - everything now points to the radiator or the thermosta not doing its job ..

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Tue, 03 February 2004 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that is just awsome, no other words for it, I am jealous, man I want your car Laughing
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Wed, 04 February 2004 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very nice mate! Bar looks good. Can't wait to see the bonnet.

Cheers,
Joel
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Thu, 05 February 2004 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
need the clear indicator lenses and the intercooler

then to drop it 0.5 of an inch and get some deep dished rims and flare the guards a little

muahaha DEATH st185
looks tops
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Thu, 05 February 2004 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We need pics man!

Show us some pics!
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Thu, 05 February 2004 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude that looks AWSOME such a nice job the whole pakage is really nice there an awsome car. cant wait to see that bonnet on it it will look great i like the other better hehehe its diffrent to the other.well great job hey keep it up
matt
p.s you need to get the clear blinkers it would looook so much better we did it to our bathurst mr2 and it makes it look so much better .

[Updated on: Thu, 05 February 2004 11:38]

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Fri, 06 February 2004 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
more pics to come - But i think they will be rebuild pics ..

It looks like it has done a head gasket Sad

Really down atm ..

this happened JUST as i payed for my group a bonnet and intercooler .. Went back to work - + drove home = And had it tested .. Yup - its gassing thru the radiator ..

So - ATM - it might look good - but alas .. Im fucked - its fucked - were all fucked ..

- on a side note its already dropped an inch - and ill look at the other indicators later - I have clear VT commodore ones ready to go on the sides - but thats going to have to wait too
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Fri, 06 February 2004 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey man sorry to hear about that hey i feel for ya every time i get my car going somthing happens like the other day it was at the exhuast center and it hailed so there goes 2000 of damage on my car:( so yeah i feel for ya buddy
cheers matt
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Sat, 07 February 2004 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lookin nice man
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Sun, 04 April 2004 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
big update due within the next 2 weeks ..

Stay tuned!
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Mon, 05 April 2004 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Sun, 04 April 2004 12:05

big
Stay tuned!

i'm really hoping thats not some piss poor car joke

Laughing
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Mon, 05 April 2004 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it will involve motor stuff and no - not a joke - im playing serious now Smile
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Tue, 15 June 2004 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well im still having delaty after frigging delay ..

im a gasket kit away from having the neew motor in and my SECOND frontcut arrivces from japan soon , complete with all the bits needed to finish my intercooler + gearbox swap .

Also have st205 calipers to go in - just waiting on funds to pop them on

Ill update this soon!
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Tue, 15 June 2004 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
roflmao
Laughing

Sorry!

I know how it is, I'm playing the waiting game with my ST165 too (although so far they haven't promised any dates nor broken any promises so that's good). From over here - it would seem like you are afflicted by some kind of curse... No No No
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Tue, 15 June 2004 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the curse of toyotas spare parts dvision , and their total lack of speedyness when it comes to 3sgte parts ..

thats my holdup - always has been no matter What i need .

body panels - No problem !

hard to get braces - fine

One SINGLE FSKING gasket kit - 4 weeks !! Mad
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Tue, 15 June 2004 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I waited a month for an EGR gasket to come in from japan once.

Smile

Could've probably sourced one if I looked hard enough, but the damn things are metal etc and pretty specific.
Toyota's spare parts division is getting worse for my car (ST162) harder to find bits and they are very exy.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Tue, 15 June 2004 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the only thing thats kept me form going off my nut re motor is i know it will be a VERY VERY good unit once its together and i dont want to get on the wrong side of the builder ..

its also in some ways a one off hybrid , so parts have been wierd to source , though you would have thought a simple 3sgte gen 2 gasket kit would be on the shelf ..

It had to come via japan!
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Tue, 22 June 2004 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*drools* That thing would look tough as hell with a front mount...
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Tue, 22 June 2004 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its getting a Group A water to Air intercooler ..

A bit better for what i want - due to the short intake path Smile
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Thu, 24 June 2004 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My baby goes to get heart surgery tomorrow ..

The heart of "franken-3sgte" has been assembled - and awaits the sexy curvy body to go in .

Other updates:

St205 calipers are now a bright shade of " fuck off " red as seen in this pic ( with coke can comparison to show the size )

http://home.iprimus.com.au/utahraptor/gt4_pics/st205.jpg

Intercooler + gearbox Should arrive within the next month - they are on the boat over

Hopefully THIS time my intercooler wont get stolen ..

Gearbox will be sent off to be " exchanged " for a st205 grp A box soon after it arrives , And ill be hybridising the St185 Group A diff , And Aus Spec transfer case to build the " ultimate GT4 gearbox combination " ( this means LSD , strongest box available and the right bloody final drive ratio )

the WOLF ECU is still in a holding pattern awaiting next injection of funds from " Slavedrivers 'R' Us " better known as my employer, and the tax Dept ..

St185 group A gearbox resides in my shed atm - its black and has a few blemishes - but may go on the car until Said funds come available to spray/repair it to match the car

Some rundowns on " Franken-3sgte " :

Group A st185 gen2 motor from Group A number 105 - Rebored to suit oversized pistons.
( better known now as Justens 1uz TT rWD group a UZ185! )

Internals in brief:
JE forged pistons ( oversized ) On st205 rods
Chromoly rings
ARP rod bolts
Arp head Studs
St205 WRC Camshafts
Shim under bucket conversion
Cleaned up gen2 head ( minor work done - doesnt need much )
TRD metal head gasket
TRD Heavy Duty bearings
TRD (i think) Seal + gasket kit.
Other TRD little bits here and there .
( i also have a set of 550CC injectors on the way )

Thats it till i get further specifications back - but it should put out a few more ponies then the standard 165KW ( or there abouts )it claimed to have stock!

So yeah - Few more days and i should be back at full strength!

[Updated on: Thu, 24 June 2004 09:50]

Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Thu, 24 June 2004 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have one word to say about those Stu, WANK!
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Thu, 24 June 2004 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you love it mikey Wink
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Fri, 25 June 2004 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats a very pretty couch you have....

anywho, sounds like she'll be a weapon to content with Wink
spectral
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Wed, 14 July 2004 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who is going to be machining up the spacers and brackets from the ST205 calipers and discs mate?

Are there any CAD drawings around of the required brackets? I have access to a CNC machine here at work and can get a couple of sets made up if the CAD drawings were available.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Wed, 14 July 2004 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the guy putting in the motor is also adapting up the calipers - he'll do any machining needed ..

I know for the fronts they have to come down from 315 to 300 , and MAYBE need to be soaced out 5 mm behind the rotor to get the caliper to line up with the existing bolt holes ..

Re spacing - its a car by car thing im led to believe - some are less than 5mm from what ive heard with others converting over to the st205 calipers

The rear ones though are a direct bolt up affair .. you remove or modify the rear dust shield vial angle grinder or large sledge hammer , then fit the calipers + 315mm rotors right up with no need to machine them ..

St205 rear + 185 rear mounts are identical - thank GOD !
spectral
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Wed, 14 July 2004 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the info.

I was also thinking of trying to measure up a set of WRX STi 325mm rotors and brembos..

There is a set going *resonably* cheap on wrx.com.au

What do Neal Bates and co use on their rally cars??? Do they have any bolt-on brake upgrades?

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Wed, 14 July 2004 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As far as i know they still use the St205 units - i can doule check if needs be ..

Another alteernative to look at would be a 2 piece rotor + R33 GTR bremobs like what justen has doen on his Gt4's - Very effective for serious braking work im led to believe - though for a street car the st205 ones will be more than adequite
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Fri, 16 July 2004 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mini update:

Motor swap is half done!

Mit a minor snagh with the mechanic dislocating his thumb on tuesday of last week - which would have bloody hurt + slowed proceedings a bit but thats life!

Waiting now on the 540Ccc injectors to arrive + be put in before the new motor is installed ( saves stuffing about later )

If they dont come by early in the week - we'll press on and get the swap done !

ill have new pics next week at this stage - though i can tell ya - it really wont look much different !!
( hehe sleeper motor look )
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Sat, 17 July 2004 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man this tale has more twists and turns than I thought was possible Smile Can't imagine how hard it would be to wait so long!

Having said that, my ST165 is at least 2 weeks late already and I have no idea when it'll get to Australia Smile
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon12.gif  Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Sat, 17 July 2004 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the RAV-GT4 story rivals Stu's for the most twists and turns... Laughing Rolling Eyes
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Sat, 17 July 2004 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's not really a 'record' worth holding though is it Smile
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Sat, 17 July 2004 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Uhh, not really - it's quite shameful when you think about it. Stu, get your beast finished so you and me can line-up and see who the "GT-Four modified" king is! Evil or Very Mad

[Updated on: Sat, 17 July 2004 03:54]

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Sun, 01 August 2004 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
more twists and turns ..

they had my bits ready to bolt back in - and apon breaking apart the gearbox + motor found lots of lovely clutchy type bits scattered around the area ..

So yeah - FOOKED CLUTCH~

Good news - got another single plate cermaicy one on the way + my group A box is paid for and aslo in the process of getting down to me - So im gunna get that put in at the same time as the motor ..

hooray - Sorta !~
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Sun, 01 August 2004 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mixed news - sorta good to see progress being made. Smile
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Sun, 01 August 2004 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah tis got to the stage where its " whats one more week without a car " and " what else can i throw on it while its off the road "
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Sun, 01 August 2004 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm... I wish I had that luxury with mine... Rolling Eyes
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Sun, 01 August 2004 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol - youve done the hard work mate Smile

Im dead smack in the middle of what youvve already done !

its more a case of what can i afford to put on and what would be best to go on now seeing the motor is out..

im hoping to also get my 540 cc injectors down this week - and get them in as well one less hassle to try and install later on
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Sun, 01 August 2004 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did you say you had head gasket troubles? I was going to say if you've still got the engine in pieces, get the block O-ringed and grab a 1.5mm - 2.0mm copper head gasket - no more head gasket problems. Very Happy
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Sun, 01 August 2004 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
engines done - went a TRD item - alls good Smile
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Sun, 01 August 2004 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah mine's 1.0mm TRD as well... I was in two minds about the head gaskets. Very Happy
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Wed, 08 September 2004 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Tue, 03 February 2004 18:36

FINALLY its on !

Looks pretty sweet too !

Now for the Group A intercooler and bonnet - thats next !

http://home.iprimus.com.au/utahraptor/gt4_pics/grpAnose1.jpg

http://home.iprimus.com.au/utahraptor/gt4_pics/grpAnose2.jpg

http://home.iprimus.com.au/utahraptor/gt4_pics/grpAnose3.jpg

i reckon the group a bonnet with the big hole looks heaps better.. but the car is lookin nice
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Wed, 08 September 2004 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hah - what do you think i have waiting in my shed to go on ?

i need the " other bonnet " for the top mount - Dont need it for the front mount

RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Wed, 08 September 2004 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice going... looks sweet. Kind of hard to imagine what it looked like without that nose. How about a couple of comparo shots?? Nod
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Wed, 08 September 2004 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Wed, 08 September 2004 20:43

hah - what do you think i have waiting in my shed to go on ?

i need the " other bonnet " for the top mount - Dont need it for the front mount

who gives.. looks cool lol
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Wed, 08 September 2004 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shit yeah looks like its all commin together nicely! congrats stuart!

next step.. shove hot 3sgte in a ta22! lol
nico
Regular

January 2004
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Thu, 09 September 2004 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn that front bumper has made all the difference.

Tis car doesnt look too over the top.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Thu, 09 September 2004 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The evolution so far :

As it was bought:

http://home.iprimus.com.au/utahraptor/Gt4_pics/dcp_1261.jpg

1St Stage - New wheels and suspension

http://home.iprimus.com.au/utahraptor/Gt4_pics/gt4new1.jpg

As it is currently:

http://home.iprimus.com.au/utahraptor/Gt4_pics/grpanose2.jpg

there ya go
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Thu, 09 September 2004 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's evolved nicely - now we need some ENGINE PICS! Very Happy Nod
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Thu, 09 September 2004 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the other hood will top it all off
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Fri, 10 September 2004 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RAV-GT4 wrote on Thu, 09 September 2004 13:50

It's evolved nicely - now we need some ENGINE PICS! Very Happy Nod

be nice to any engine pics to see how it all turned out Very Happy .
whats next in the master plan??
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Fri, 10 September 2004 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ECU and the frontmount are next

( troy - still waiting for pics of your FM setup PLZ!!! )

as for the engine - atm it looks dead stock so nothing exciting there - just a little cleaner than usual Smile

I havent bling-ified it yet with the stainless piping + powdercoated cam cover etc etc ..

ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Fri, 10 September 2004 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Fri, 10 September 2004 18:21

as for the engine - atm it looks dead stock so nothing exciting there - just a little cleaner than usual Smile

I havent bling-ified it yet with the stainless piping + powdercoated cam cover etc etc ..

Bling that shizzle yo.

Can't wait to see the front mount setup. That cooler was hugephonic.
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Sun, 12 September 2004 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Fri, 10 September 2004 18:21

Stu,
will post some photos shortly on install + rest
of car Smile
be interesting to compare similarities in build ups Very Happy

cheers
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Mon, 13 September 2004 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stu, which ECU are you going to put into it?

You have to bling up the engine bay a little mate... wouldn't be a franken-3SGTE conversion without that little bit of "bling". Very Happy
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Thu, 30 September 2004 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK ! its FINALLY happening

My car goes off to WolfEMS tomorrow to get the ECU in !

HOORAY! Very Happy

By early next week the development + R and D side of things wshould be done and il have before ecu and after ECU power output's and dyno graphs to see how the car's eviolved from its original ill 114 odd AWKW

Also - if those not following other threads i have - ive completed the jig for one pipe for the frontmount - it nmeeds me to remove a few obsticles which the ECU swapo helps - IE that ugly arse AFM + battery , then the intake side of the piping will be ready -

Once the turbo clocking gets sorted - its just a short pipe away from having a comlete jig to then go get done up in stainless steel !

Ill have to purchase a BOV very soon + a sealed cell battery - but yeah - progrtessing along REALLY well

Tried a gravel launch for the first time since the car came back - approx 6.5 seconds from standstill to 100kmh as timed roughly by a mate in the passenger seat Wink

stumpy
Regular

June 2004
Re: Stuarts ST-185 Gt4 (GROUP A NOSE IS ON!!!!) Thu, 30 September 2004 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Stuart, I am keen to see what the results will be with th ECU. I just have a piggy back on mine at the moment and will upgrade in 6 months or so. I'm trying to figure out what ECU to get.
So when does the group A bonnet go on? That will complete the look
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:my 1986 Corolla Seca CS
Next Topic:sleepr ke70 4agze & my mates show car ke70 & white Ke70
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 13:34:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0093438625335693 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.