Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
suthol
Occasional Poster

February 2003
icon7.gif  ZZ Conversion Thu, 19 June 2003 02:47 Go to next message
I have just completed the adaption of the 1ZZFE to W55 for a Lotus 7 replica that I am building.

The engine was not expensive and has the same bellhousing pattern as the 2ZZGE.

Got 13mm milled off the bellhousing ( 18RG ) and used a bit of 13mm alloy plate to cut the adaptor out of, then a bundle of countersunk HT hex head ( allen key ) screws and bolts.

The whole process took about 4 Hrs of work, almost too easy.

Just got to get a custom clutch plate made to suit the box.

There are some pics at the locost_oz website in the pics area and a description in the files area ( word format )

Note: the Toyota ECU is coded to the ignition key and switch, make sure you get the lot, the engine also has no side engine mounts, these are part of the bell housing adaptor and the nose mount is used as well.
  Send a private message to this user    
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon14.gif  Re: ZZ Conversion Thu, 19 June 2003 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Locost_Oz/lst

Nice work. Did you weld the plate to the bellhousing or drill, tap and bolt it in place with the countersunk hex bolts? Also, how did you go about keeping it centred?

Cheers Dave.

[Updated on: Thu, 19 June 2003 03:20]

Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon14.gif  Re: ZZ Conversion Thu, 19 June 2003 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Geez! That'd be fun! Well done dude!

Why didn't you go with the 2ZZ?!? The extra 40kW wouldn't hurt!!!
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ZZ Conversion Thu, 19 June 2003 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats awesome.. I've been after info like that for sooooo long... good work!

I'd love to put one of these or a 2ZZ in the sprinter... need to do some more research me thinks Smile

sam

suthol
Occasional Poster

February 2003
Re: ZZ Conversion Thu, 19 June 2003 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the kind thoughts guys.

The big issue for me with an ICV is ADR79-00 which we must meet here in NSW, so it just had to be a very late model engine, the one that I have has 6,000 on it, from a 2002 Corolla that had a fire in the hatch that stuffed the interior and warped the rear body work.

___
answers.

Of the CS hex bolts there are only two at the top of the block facing out into the bell housing, these will have star washers and a generous helping of Loctite to hold them still while they are torqued up, the rest either are torqued right up before the gearbox goes on or are accessible once it is all one piece.

The importer that I got the engine from GMS at Milperra in Sydney ( speak to Simon ) had a number of the 1ZZFE and only two incomplete 2ZZGE, with a price differential of more than $4K I wasn't going there, her indoors wouldn't understand.

The 2ZZGE could well come later if I need more than ~ 110Kw in 550 Kg, I think that I need to become a very proficient driver and get the suspension working properly before I need the extra 40Kw.

Another thing to consider if you choose to be daring is make sure you get the fuel pump, it is regulated and the injector rail has no return line, this helps to keep the fuel temps down and slows the evaporation of the fuel from the tank.

____

As a matter of interest there is a very well set up clubbie getting around that weighs in around the 500Kg mark running Avon ACB10 road legal racing tyres with an 86Kw twink that is 6 seconds a lap faster around Wakefield than an EvoVI.

[Updated on: Thu, 19 June 2003 10:23]

mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ZZ Conversion Thu, 19 June 2003 12:35 Go to previous message
Those little mongrel clubmans Very Happy I went to a track day a while back, and while I could keep myself in front of them on the straights (in the sprinter), come to a corner and you'd hear a 4ag groaning away, look out the window and you'd just see the top of a roll bar going right around the inside... then come the straight and I'd give them 2 fingers and hoon off again - I spose that's what you get when you go to the Lotus Car Club track day! Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:What are the specs for 18rgeu injectors?
Next Topic:Quick specs - 1UZ-FE Vs 7M-GTE
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 00:37:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0076758861541748 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.