Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » NT/TAS » Any Perth people out there?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
duckman
Regular

June 2002
Any Perth people out there? Sat, 29 June 2002 13:37 Go to next message
Yeah you know who you are Perth-ites
I'm only a newb to this city(former Brisvegas vetran Very Happy of 11 years Razz) and just wondering if i'm not the only one who lives here Laughing
  Send a private message to this user    
maeverest
Newcomer

June 2002
Re: Any Perth people out there? Mon, 01 July 2002 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
I first heard of a Sprinter club in Perth when I advertised my car for sale last week. Until then had seen very few around and didn't know of the interest that might be generated. Was advised about other owners by the girlfriend of someone who owns one. can get more details if you are interested.
Wish I'd known about it sooner. I have bought a new car and would love to have the old model owned by someone with a real love for it - not the person who has made an offer and who has uncut toenails.
1bam777
Regular

May 2002
Re:Yes? Mon, 01 July 2002 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi ppl!!

Yeah, there's a club happening... Next AE86 meeting should be this weekend, but I will have to confirm tho. Usually meet somewhere south of the river, or the last time we met in Perth.

duckman--> How you find Perth? Bit quiet? Cool

maeverest--> Did you have a Sprinter for sale last week?

Cheers!
maeverest
Newcomer

June 2002
Re: Any Perth people out there? Tue, 02 July 2002 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Duckman,
My red Sprinter is still for sale.
Maeve
duckman
Regular

June 2002
Re: Any Perth people out there? Tue, 02 July 2002 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ibam777:How do i find perth you ask? Its a pretty good place, not much different than brisbane in a lot of ways
Maeverest: i'll have a look for your car Smile
1bam777
Regular

May 2002
Re: Any Perth people out there? Tue, 02 July 2002 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, Perth is similar to Brisbane, even though I've only been there for a couple of weeks back in Oct2000. Its quieter here, and nightlife is kinda more 'tame'...Cool

Cheers,
entropope
Occasional Poster

June 2002
Re: Any Perth people out there? Wed, 24 July 2002 18:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, I'm in Perth.
I'm just starting to learn about Toyotas... I don't drive one but am considering a 4AGZE for an engine transplant into a datto 120Y. Smile
Is anyone able to help with places to source an engine and good place to go for 4A mods?

[Updated on: Wed, 24 July 2002 18:11]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Any Perth people out there? Thu, 25 July 2002 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm in Perth! Finally other people from WA posting in this forum.
duckman
Regular

June 2002
Re: Any Perth people out there? Thu, 25 July 2002 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i'm about 2-3 weeks away from my P's(passed my prac with flying colours yesturday)stoopid phase 2 learner bullshite Sad

Maybe we shoudl organise a sandy cruise......Razz
raSkaS
Regular

July 2002
Re: Any Perth people out there? Fri, 26 July 2002 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah im in perth too
Just wish my car was here aswell Cry

Cam
duckman
Regular

June 2002
Re: Any Perth people out there? Fri, 26 July 2002 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where is it?
raSkaS
Regular

July 2002
Re: Any Perth people out there? Sat, 27 July 2002 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in a container in NZ waiting to be shipped over here in september
i have to wait till its 15 years old so i dont get taxed by the australian govt for something i already own
eldavo
Occasional Poster

July 2002
Re: Any Perth people out there? Wed, 31 July 2002 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi another Perthy surfaces
I've got my EP82 Starlet GT Turbo for sale, but if any of you Toyota crew are having a get together, I'd come along while I still got mine.

I got a Landcruiser Bundera instead, but after the GT goes, I dont think the ole Bundy will keep up with anything really haaha

I love the old Toyota's with heaps of fruits, got to love the fruits.

Anyone know anyone with EP71 Starlet Turbo S (old boxy style) in Perth? I saw them in QLD, but none here. Hard to come by cos Jap have trashed them, NZ have mostly bad condition, and Aus overpriced because no compliance required now, but ones that are around have compliance value factored in.

cya,
eldavo
asterix
Occasional Poster

July 2002
Re: Any Perth people out there? Wed, 31 July 2002 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah...Me and my MR2 live in Perth. We're actually members of the MR2 Owner's Club.

-Andre
eldavo
Occasional Poster

July 2002
Re: Any Perth people out there? Wed, 31 July 2002 17:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and all the MR2 Owners Club are friends with Chiropractors club Wink
asterix
Occasional Poster

July 2002
Re: Any Perth people out there? Wed, 31 July 2002 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm...

eldavo wrote on Thu, 01 August 2002 3:35 AM

and all the MR2 Owners Club are friends with Chiropractors club Wink

You see - it is more than that. We offer a discounted rate to members if they use the club's affiliated Chiropractic practitioner.

-Andre.
asterix
Occasional Poster

July 2002
Re: Any Perth people out there? Wed, 31 July 2002 18:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
duckman wrote on Thu, 25 July 2002 8:35 PM

Dodgy 91 Excel Donations accepted for my Supra\Sprinter fund.

Hehehe...91 Excel? How about a donate some time and assist writing it off? Its insured right? Razz

-Andre.
eldavo
Occasional Poster

July 2002
Re: Any Perth people out there? Wed, 31 July 2002 19:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone seen Toyota Chasers in Aus? Perth?
raSkaS
Regular

July 2002
Re: Any Perth people out there? Thu, 01 August 2002 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what i cant believe is the lack of any KPxx starlets in perth ..ive seen 1 and ive been here for 4 months now

Cam
eldavo
Occasional Poster

July 2002
Re: Any Perth people out there? Thu, 01 August 2002 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haaha
I've been here 23 years and havent seen any (KP Starlets) haaha

cyaz,
eldavo

asterix
Occasional Poster

July 2002
Re: Any Perth people out there? Thu, 01 August 2002 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOOK! There goes one now...

Awwww... ...you missed it! Smile

-Andre.
eldavo
Occasional Poster

July 2002
Re: Any Perth people out there? Thu, 01 August 2002 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do any T series/ M series/ R series / K series etc etc old school tuners want to get together to show off their rust and bald tyres?

I'm keen, I'll probably take out the "this boy's carby needs a clean" on my 22R (I took it off wanting to do 22RE upgrade but put it back on after it sat around outside for 4 months collecting shit and after a couple months use its getting blocked jets Sad Dodgy It Yourself, cos no one else will Dodgy It Yourself Smile

cyaz,
eldavo
asterix
Occasional Poster

July 2002
Re: Any Perth people out there? Thu, 01 August 2002 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

eldavo wrote on Thu, 01 August 2002 11:45 PM

do any T series/ M series/ R series / K series etc etc old school tuners want to get together to show off their rust and bald tyres?

Well...I dont have my old R series Corona anymore (is that a good thing?) but if we are going to make it a general Toyota show'n'tell then I'm in..

Hmm.. Thinking of the old days ( Razz ) I wonder what happened to my old 1981 1800cc Celica import...

-Andre.
eldavo
Occasional Poster

July 2002
Re: Any Perth people out there? Thu, 01 August 2002 17:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any toyota is good
better than bloody nissan haha
asterix
Occasional Poster

July 2002
Re: Any Perth people out there? Fri, 02 August 2002 17:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So... Pick a when and a where then Smile ....

- Andre.
raSkaS
Regular

July 2002
Re: Any Perth people out there? Sat, 03 August 2002 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah..can i come in my mums car ?!? its a toyota ..either that or my dads torana No No No at least until i get my Levin over here

Cam
eldavo
Occasional Poster

July 2002
Re: Any Perth people out there? Sat, 03 August 2002 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dunno, maybe in next couple weeks it will fine up, all the targa's and sunroof's can stretch their legs

in the street directory there is 'places to see' at start, going to Canning Dam is good for a photo of all the cars on the Dam wall, thats just an idea there's lots more

regards,
Dave.
asterix
Occasional Poster

July 2002
Re: Any Perth people out there? Sun, 04 August 2002 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

raSkaS wrote on Sat, 03 August 2002 2:07 PM

Yeah..can i come in my mums car ?!?

Your mum's car..? What is it? Maybe your mum can come too Razz

- Andre.
asterix
Occasional Poster

July 2002
Re: Any Perth people out there? Sun, 04 August 2002 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eldavo wrote on Sat, 03 August 2002 3:45 PM

i dunno, maybe in next couple weeks it will fine up, all the targa's and sunroof's can stretch their legs

I'm not fussed about the t-top in my MR2.. Heck - I wanted a hardtop originally.

Quote:

in the street directory there is 'places to see' at start, going to Canning Dam is good for a photo of all the cars on the Dam wall, thats just an idea there's lots more.

But when your talking about some photos, then no rain would help make it worthwhile. Actually, no rain would make it a little more of a socialable event.

- Andre.
wizzfizz2097
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Any Perth people out there? Tue, 06 August 2002 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
me and my SV21 will be in any Camry or Toyota clubs in Perth.. just give me some details if a meet is planned Very Happy
Boostzor
Occasional Poster

May 2002
Re: Any Perth people out there? Tue, 06 August 2002 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep ill be up for a meet for sure just let me know when and the supra will make an appearance Very Happy
wizzfizz2097
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Any Perth people out there? Wed, 14 August 2002 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was thinking about things and it would be great to get a small perth branch of toymods, only cause there is no toyota representation over here
asterix
Occasional Poster

July 2002
Re: Any Perth people out there? Thu, 15 August 2002 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

wizzfizz2097 wrote on Wed, 14 August 2002 10:20 PM

i was thinking about things and it would be great to get a small perth branch of toymods, only cause there is no toyota representation over here

Well...The MR2 Owners club accepts membership requests from performance Toyota owners. There is a Supra and a Celica owner that hang around all the time.

Other than that...yeah. Toyotas need more WA representation. I've been in contact in the past with the Toyota (WA) rep on such things as Toyota events too (I used to be an MR2 committee member once). They are keen to have Toyota support increased as you can imagine.

I'd be happy to assist setting things up if need be.

-Andre.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Any Perth people out there? Sun, 18 August 2002 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't know about Celica's but I know there is a Perth Supra club...
asterix
Occasional Poster

July 2002
Re: Any Perth people out there? Mon, 19 August 2002 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is this the same supra club where Russell and Luke reside in..?

-Andre.
asterix
Occasional Poster

July 2002
Re: Any Perth people out there? Mon, 19 August 2002 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Any Perth people out there? Mon, 19 August 2002 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not sure, I haven't actually been out with them because I'm still waiting to get my Supra.

One of the dudes has a Mk4 Supra with chameleon paint...
poombah
Regular

August 2002

Re: Any Perth people out there? Mon, 02 September 2002 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah thats us Andre Smile

No faggy rice mobiles in this club...

Were doing a cruise this thursday nite which should be cool.

umm email me if your interested in coming, ill pass on the details.....
Pheonix
Regular

May 2002

Re: Any Perth people out there? Fri, 18 October 2002 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey, im in perth too, but my car ('80 t-18) not up 2 scratch 4 a cruise yet, it would really be the odd 1 out, but hopefully soon i will have it a little better
froodogs
Regular

October 2002
Re: Any Perth people out there? Tue, 22 October 2002 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep, another perthite here!

drive a white ae86 with a black front bumber and a grey back one (no popups though)...

You'll know me by the pinging noise as i hammer past you.
BoB_JonEz
Regular

August 2002

Re: Any Perth people out there? Sun, 27 October 2002 19:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Harsh loss, very harsh.

Although a pinging sprinter has to be better then the breadloaf, heh.

Yeah I'm from Perth in a 91 Cressida Grande. Stock as a rock with 178k on the clock.

Finally had a person run me from the lights the other night, first time in the 3 months I've had the car, but it was just some guy in a Hilux (i think) and he didn't stand much of a chance until i got to the speed limit and he passed me with a run up Smile
froodogs
Regular

October 2002
Re: Any Perth people out there? Mon, 28 October 2002 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
took it to cypher industries, and my man 1bam777 took a look at it, took it for a drive, and fixed it right up. turns out what everyone else thought was pinging was the TVIS system working.
What a crock. Therefore I hereby advise that anyone with a 4age problem throw some money at cypher rather than do what i did, which is go to a number of local dickheads who dont know what they're doing.

must... set up... cruise...
Pheonix
Regular

May 2002

Re: Any Perth people out there? Mon, 28 October 2002 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah cypher can fix problems but dont go rushin to them when ya wanna go and do mods to ur car. i asked for a quote for them just to put an engine in my car and they asked for 2 grand, also a few guys that ive met have got yellow stickers cause of their dodgy work, just though i should tell ya
poombah
Regular

August 2002

Re: Any Perth people out there? Mon, 28 October 2002 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i heard cypher little hungry for the coin.

Wont dare get them to quote for new pipework.
asterix
Occasional Poster

July 2002
Re: Any Perth people out there? Mon, 28 October 2002 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cypher...mmm...heard some interesting tales... Haven't ever used their services but I know enough other places that allows me to avoid them altogether so far so I can't tell you if any of it is true.

Cheers,
-Andre.
froodogs
Regular

October 2002
Re: Any Perth people out there? Mon, 28 October 2002 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe see what zack's got to say about all this? he's already posted in this thread once...
poombah
Regular

August 2002

Re: Any Perth people out there? Mon, 28 October 2002 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Formaz is one place ill never ever ever ever goto again.

heard some dodgey stories about them, and they mustve had a 15yo work on my car.

Dodgey f**kers..

[Updated on: Mon, 28 October 2002 08:46]

asterix
Occasional Poster

July 2002
Re: Any Perth people out there? Mon, 28 October 2002 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah...its a problem with these places that get real busy and start letting the pre-apprentices play on your car unsupervised. Happens everywhere though. Heard a nice one from the old days at an Automasters where the customer got their car returned with bald rears after a work experience kid got a little effectionate with the car...

Cheers,
-Andre.
Pheonix
Regular

May 2002

Re: Any Perth people out there? Mon, 28 October 2002 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive been to x-speed (www.xspeed.com.au), and they seem pretty good, they even talked my cousin out of getting them to rebuild an engine!!! their setup is small but they have all the equipment, and the cars which i seen there, including their own cars, they DO know their shit and it is very profesional, they have clean work shirts, not like cypher's employees covered in who knows wat
froodogs
Regular

October 2002
Re: Any Perth people out there? Mon, 28 October 2002 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh yeah, cos clean shirts are a great sign of how much someone knows about cars...

breaks down like this. i saw zack's sprinter, heard it running, got the lowdown on what's gone into it, and all that was enough to convince me as to who i wanted to work on my car...
1bam777
Regular

May 2002
Re: Any Perth people out there? Mon, 28 October 2002 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did someone mention my name?.... Cool

Nah... I wouldn't comment on anything, as I don't like to get involved in politics... People have their opinions, and are entitled to it.

Cheers!
Blown86
Regular

July 2002
Re: Any Perth people out there? Mon, 28 October 2002 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, lots of rumour and conjecture. It's easy to bag people and not provide any evidence!!

I've been to all these places and have my own ideas as well.

A few points:
A mechanic without dirty hands can't be doing much!!
Anyone, because they "heard" tales etc and won't get a quote is a bit dull in my book!!
Guys that get yellow stickers will blame anyone but themselves!!
Because you can't afford what you want to do doesn't mean you're being charged too much!!

I can say from my experience categorically is that you'll be struggling to find a more enthusiastic bunch of guys at Cypher.
I've seen many guys front up at Cypher and get plenty of help and advice free. They tend to get a bit tired of tossers showing up and wasting their time, but enthusiasts are welcomed.

The work I've seen on many cars from Cypher is of high quality as well as X-Speed. Formaz stuff varies.

Quotes I've had for parts from X-Speed have been very high. I'm lucky enough to be able to afford what I like and that's my experience.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Any Perth people out there? Mon, 28 October 2002 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've only dealt with the guys at Cypher a few times asking them some questions over e-mail and they seemed a really helpful bunch.

And there is no denying the quality of their stainless mufflers, was looking at them at the PAS...

Its a case of you just have to go down and check people out for yourselves, there will always be good stories and bad, its just the way it is Razz
hks89supra
Regular

November 2002
Re: Any Perth people out there? Tue, 05 November 2002 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys, who would be one of the best shops to go to south of the river for tuning. Cypher, SST, Xspeed, Formaz etc.

Just after opinions.

Thanks
poombah
Regular

August 2002

icon6.gif  Re: Any Perth people out there? Tue, 05 November 2002 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xspeed do good cheap work

ive heard cypher are $$$

avoid formaz at all costs

- Russ
froodogs
Regular

October 2002
Re: Any Perth people out there? Tue, 05 November 2002 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cypher do good work, and zack knows his shit about 4age's.

as far as $$$, get a quote, see what you think.

can't hurt.
asterix
Occasional Poster

July 2002
Re: Any Perth people out there? Fri, 08 November 2002 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
froodogs wrote on Tue, 05 November 2002 23:23

as far as $$$, get a quote, see what you think.

can't hurt.

Well...their quotes dont hurt that much Smile

Cheers,
-Andre.
Nomad
Newcomer

March 2003

Re: Any Perth people out there? Thu, 13 March 2003 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well ime from Perth, me and my 1800cc 81 Celica.
if there is a meet, ill be there Razz

and peformance car mod shops?
who is THE best or best in certain areas?
I don't reall yknow cars, but we are.. my, 2 mates and hes dad.. are starting up a shop soon. have all the machinery etc, looking at getting a dyno etc..

we are in the process of developing a custom ECU system.
would there be interest?
where would be the best location for such a shop?

cheers
Pheonix
Regular

May 2002

Re: Any Perth people out there? Thu, 13 March 2003 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well car shops wise, XSpeed have a good rep and cars worked on by them have been in several performance mags, Cypher have seemed to have slumped down since they stoped importing stuff and some of their work has been know to give a few stickers.

custom ecu, im assuming your talking bout building one from scratch, one successful project has been the Megasquirt, but that is only fuel control. the hardest part of making ur own ecu is spark control. there is A LOT involed in a full control system and u should know a lot bout electronics AND car electrics (this is crutial). but if u do develop 1 i would be interested in the final product.

location of shop, i would have no clue, but u would want to find out roughly where there is a high majority of exotic/modified cars are, convenience is a good puller, plus on or near a main road, DONT do a Cypher placement
Jesse_77
Newcomer

March 2003
Re: Any Perth people out there? Thu, 13 March 2003 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
just found about the site..im also a member of a classic celica site..alot like this but with less people
im from perth-south of river
and wanting to buy a 77 liftback ra28
if anyone likes celicas from 1970 to 1977..come visit
www.classic-celica.com
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Perth 18th July cruise!!
Next Topic:ACT 4age wanted
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:31:17 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0088520050048828 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.