Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
CCG photo shoot Mon, 23 June 2003 01:48 Go to next message
OK GUYS, THE PHOTO SHOOT HAS BEEN POSTPONED TILL THE 27TH OF JULY, THIS IS DUE TO EVERYONE GETTING THERE CARS READY.

Ok heres the drill. 11:00 am everyone will meet at the National Museum car park, for some photos and from there head off in convoy all over the place for various arty farty type photos.

more details soon.
oh and we are looking at getting as many CCG members/toyota owners in on this one, so if ur mate owns a rolla... get him to come..
if u drive a cressida, bring it along.
come one come all for the CCG PHOTO SHOOT!

[Updated on: Tue, 22 July 2003 16:16]

Send a private message to this user    
jezz
Regular

January 2003
Re: CCG photo shoot Mon, 23 June 2003 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A big turn out would be great it will give people an idea of just how big the group is and intice more people to join up thats why i will be there with bells on

( Chris Who's camera are you using ???)
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: CCG photo shoot Mon, 23 June 2003 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh dear i hope my beasty will be ready by then guess im going to have to knuckle down.
Hey chris when we going to chuck that engine in your 23?
benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: CCG photo shoot Mon, 23 June 2003 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine is always available

I have a 1.3 Megapixel DV camcorder which takes stills aswell. (I believe 1.3 should be fine considering it's for a website)

I also have many other cameras, and a fairly decent ability to take photos so i'd like to put my hand up. dunno how we'll get my car up those gutters though!, somebody should construct some ramps Wink Laughing
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG photo shoot Mon, 23 June 2003 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why Do you Guys always organise things for so Late? Mad Every Sunday I work at 11:30 so it's kinda hard for me to get to them. Love to be in it but don't know if it's worth missing a day at work for a photo. If it was scheduled for say 9:30 - 10:00 yeah no problem. Rolling Eyes
casey
Occasional Poster

March 2003

Re: CCG photo shoot Mon, 23 June 2003 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I should be able to make this one... My celica might not, and even if it does it's not much cop...

These days can't take shots from the back cos of the screwed rear window and cracked paint on the boot, can't take passenger side shots cos of the key scratches (still shitted about that one), drivers side has a huge dent in the quater panel, front bonnet is flecking too... Maybe if we took a shot of it from the top of the flagpole it might be OK... Laughing Razz

I'll turn up none the less... Smile

If you'd like a larger copy of the pic I used for my Avatar before the car got abused, let me know...
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: CCG photo shoot Mon, 23 June 2003 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel,
im sorry bout that buddy, its really hard to accomodate for everyone, with work and what not. ill see what i can manage but i dont think that there will be too much of a problem with making it a little earlyer in the day,

Ben,
i was probably going to use my camera and scan in the photos, that way they arnt HUGE in size, but if urs is there also then we should take some "happy snaps". Gutters will be a problem. im sure we can work something out.

Jason,
mate im heaps sorry for leaving you with that motor and not organizing a date to throw her in. how bout we get together for a beer or something and we can sort it out. i also still have to get that light assembly to you! geez im slack sorry mate..

EVERYONE

we need lots of cars for the shoot... as many CCG people that can get along

Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: CCG photo shoot Mon, 23 June 2003 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris
No rush buddy, im not bothered at all. Going to need that light assy soon so i can paint strip it and tart it up a bit. I welded the front of the car last night and did a little bit of bog work Razz to smooth it over so with a little bit of luck it should be ready (i hope). There was something else i needed from that wreck but it has slipped my mind at the moment.
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: CCG photo shoot Tue, 24 June 2003 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HEy how bout out the front of my place Rolling Eyes that way I don't have to push my car all the way to parliment house Laughing

..... And I'm sure a few more cars out the front wouldn't hurt.

[Updated on: Tue, 24 June 2003 02:15]

Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: CCG photo shoot Tue, 24 June 2003 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
With my luck if i took mine there thats where it would stay.
What nights are you going to be home tonight lyndin so i can bring you some money around cause its burning a hole in my pocket. Very Happy
Japetto
Newcomer

June 2003
Re: CCG photo shoot Tue, 24 June 2003 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GDay yea in keen for a photo, hey casey your phuds bro yea? but anyways count me in

Zaneo
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: CCG photo shoot Tue, 24 June 2003 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
parliment house decided that the CCG was a security risk. so we cant make the photo shoot there anymore...

any ideas, ben and i have found a nice sunny spot near questacon earlier today, so maybe that would be a "goer"
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: CCG photo shoot Tue, 24 June 2003 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Moutn ainsley,
National Museum,
Black mountain pensiula,
near the corilion,
National library,
Under commonwealth ave bridge,
the list goes on.
benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: CCG photo shoot Thu, 26 June 2003 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's easy enough to make a day of it, we just have to decide where teh sun will be and when adn just pick some spots! and of course clear it with the owners of the land (usually the national capital authority)
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: CCG photo shoot UPDATED Mon, 30 June 2003 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK GUYS, THE PHOTO SHOOT HAS BEEN POSTPONED TILL THE 27TH OF JULY, THIS IS DUE TO EVERYONE GETTING THERE CARS READY.

Ok heres the drill. 11:00 am everyone will meet at the National Museum car park, for some photos and from there head off in convoy all over the place for various arty farty type photos.

more details soon.
oh and we are looking at getting as many CCG members/toyota owners in on this one, so if ur mate owns a rolla... get him to come..
if u drive a cressida, bring it along.
come one come all for the CCG PHOTO SHOOT!
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: CCG photo shoot UPDATED Mon, 30 June 2003 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hurray that means my beasty will definately be ready. Very Happy
jezz
Regular

January 2003
Re: CCG photo shoot Wed, 02 July 2003 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im in for sure and ill bring the missus with her starlet
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: CCG photo shoot Wed, 02 July 2003 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is that a promis or a threat Jezz??? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Just Kidding. Hi Liz. Cool
jezz
Regular

January 2003
Re: CCG photo shoot Wed, 02 July 2003 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if it was a threat i would bring nikki
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: CCG photo shoot Wed, 02 July 2003 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u sure thats not a promising threat? Very Happy

Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: CCG photo shoot Wed, 02 July 2003 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is getting worse by the minute.
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: CCG photo shoot Thu, 03 July 2003 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jezz,

Bring Nicki we all need a good looking woman to hang a round us!!!!!
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: CCG photo shoot Sun, 13 July 2003 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
REMINDER.....

Here are some details for the upcoming event being organised by Gumby, not only for CCG members but anyone with a Toyota who would like to join in.

Event: CCG PHOTO SHOOT
When: Sunday 27th July

Details: We will be meeting at the National Museum carpark at 11:00am, we will be taking group and single shots of everyones car who shows up to throw up on the site, so make sure that your car is well prepared!

After taking a couple of snaps, we will move to other locations around Canberra. All suggestions welcome.
Cheers
Mitch
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG photo shoot Thu, 17 July 2003 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dammit!!!! Mad Mad Mad

I don't think I will be making this event now guys since My car has a dead motor as of today.
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: CCG photo shoot Thu, 17 July 2003 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your fuckin kidding!!!!

what happened buddy
?
benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: CCG photo shoot Thu, 17 July 2003 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah what the hell happened?

You cant leave me by myself with the old skool girls!! Wink
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG photo shoot Thu, 17 July 2003 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was out out wakefield park today for the track run and it started to burn oil real bad so I pulled into the pit lane but on the way in when I touched the accelerator a massive rattle came from the engine. Turns out because of lack of oil the bearings siezed up.

F@#K, F@#K, F@#K, F@#K, F@#K, F@#K, F@#K, Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad

Hoping to get a replacement 3S-GE to drop in as soon as possible.

[Edit:]

I know, I know it is kind of my own dumb fault, but I did check the oil and top it up before I went out for that session. Embarassed

[Updated on: Thu, 17 July 2003 17:00]

Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: CCG photo shoot Thu, 17 July 2003 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats bad luck Joel i feel for you http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/misc/crying.gif

And as for you Ben you'll keep. Twisted Evil
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: CCG photo shoot Thu, 17 July 2003 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel,

Sorry to hear about your emgine.

If you want me to chase up a few prices from my suppliers get back to me and I will get onto it next week for you.

I can also arrange for pickup and delivery at a pretty good rate.

benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: CCG photo shoot Fri, 18 July 2003 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel,

Really sorry to hear it man, I've had the same sorta thing. But you know what you should be dropping in instead of a 3SGE? a 3SGTE or 20 Valve. Neither will cost much more to install than the GE. Have a think about it.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG photo shoot Fri, 18 July 2003 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah thats what I had to talk to you about Ben. When you were looking at the 3S-GTE that time how much research did you do into it. did you find out what you'll need to do for the transplant and importantly how much?

It's just a thought.
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: CCG photo shoot Fri, 18 July 2003 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What ever way you go Joel theres heaps of people around locally who would give you a hand.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG photo shoot Fri, 18 July 2003 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I could always try to make the event in my corolla, although I would have to park a few hundred meters away from you guys just so you won't get embaressed. Embarassed Embarassed

Or I could convince my mate with his St162 to come along so we could cruize in that. Nod Nod
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: CCG photo shoot Fri, 18 July 2003 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel

Too easy....just buy a 3SGTE.....we drop it in......just in time for your special burnout feature!

Mitch
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: CCG photo shoot Tue, 22 July 2003 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What an ideas man. Evil or Very Mad
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG photo shoot Tue, 22 July 2003 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3SGTE.... hoping to, Very Happy

Special Burnout feature?????????? Confused
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: CCG photo shoot Tue, 22 July 2003 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel
Sure mate......Dynamo on the tyres.......then......let rip with the biggest wheely ever. We can then feature your car as the burnout king!

Just yankin your chain. Hope to see the 162 back on the road ASAP with either engine.
Cheers.
Mitch
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG photo shoot Tue, 22 July 2003 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what, do it all in reverse maybe, Laughing Laughing Laughing when the back end of the car goes up though it is usually called a stoppie not a wheelie. Laughing Laughing Laughing

[EDIT:]

Although thinking about it with more power the car probably be dynamoing the tyres every time I launch

[Updated on: Tue, 22 July 2003 07:52]

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG photo shoot Tue, 22 July 2003 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phil,

Ben just told me your concerns about me being able to handle the power of the turbo, and yes I could. Nod

I have driven a much faster car than this, a Charade with 20psi boost and over about 200kw at the wheels, talking a 10 second car. Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad

So never fear...... Laughing
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: CCG photo shoot Tue, 22 July 2003 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BUSTED!!
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG photo shoot Tue, 22 July 2003 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wiso? Whatcha doin' with the old motor? Smile
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG photo shoot Tue, 22 July 2003 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Porbably keep it, rebuild it oneday and make it a beefy ass Naturally aspirated. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: CCG photo shoot Tue, 22 July 2003 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll have a go at the biggest wheelie ! Smile maybe the smoke will hide my shitehouse paint! I'm not quite sure how to do a burnout though, could you show me Mitch?

Phil
trent_kershaw
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: CCG photo shoot Tue, 22 July 2003 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TE72_Turbo wrote on Tue, 22 July 2003 21:13

I'm not quite sure how to do a burnout though, could you show me Mitch?

Laughing
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG photo shoot Tue, 22 July 2003 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Easy I think or though never owning a real wheel drive I have never gotten to try it.

Rev it up, drop the clutch..... Some people say you have to try and lock the front brakes????????? don't know about that
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: CCG photo shoot Tue, 22 July 2003 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IF ya gotta mes aorund with the brakes its because ur car is either too gutless.. or has really really big brakes... either way,

you clamp the rear brake lines so only the front wheels brake... and giving you freedom to shred ur tyres all day long
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG photo shoot Tue, 22 July 2003 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or if your a sissy in a front wheel drive like me you can pull your hand brake and say Bye Bye CV's
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: CCG photo shoot Tue, 22 July 2003 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meh who needs them anyways!
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: CCG photo shoot Wed, 23 July 2003 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TE72_Turbo wrote on Tue, 22 July 2003 21:13

I'll have a go at the biggest wheelie ! Smile I'm not quite sure how to do a burnout though, could you show me Mitch?
Phil

Whos a funny bugger (note Toyota humour)...just because my Tweety is all show and no go. Deep down I know that in about a hundred years I will be able to turn the 235s...one day!
See ya all Sundy!
Mitch
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: CCG photo shoot Wed, 23 July 2003 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im sure we could get em smokin' if we tried hard enough..

maybe chain the back end to a tree and give it hell?? lol

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG photo shoot Wed, 23 July 2003 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alwaysRA23 wrote on Wed, 23 July 2003 02:17

meh who needs them anyways!

ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME!

alwaysRA23 wrote on Wed, 23 July 2003 11:50

im sure we could get em smokin' if we tried hard enough..

maybe chain the back end to a tree and give it hell?? lol

now that would be a right old laugh Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: CCG photo shoot Wed, 23 July 2003 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did it with a 4x4 once.. hehe 4 wheel burnouts were cool..

Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: CCG photo shoot Wed, 23 July 2003 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tied an okky strap to the steering wheel of a 4X4 in the snow pulled out the choke and let it do un-manned dohnuts for 10 mins or so Very Happy
benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: CCG photo shoot Wed, 23 July 2003 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys with all the unpredictable weather, i think we need a plan B. Photos will look like shit if taken in the rain.

Are there any suggestions for plan B?
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: CCG photo shoot Wed, 23 July 2003 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do we know of any large empty undercover car parks around?

Mitch
benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: CCG photo shoot Thu, 24 July 2003 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think theyre usually full on sundays.

Hmm, i know, Pitch 'n' Putt! I can get a pine cone onto the green from the tee! Honest! Gumby'll back me up! Very Happy
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: CCG photo shoot Thu, 24 July 2003 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben,

And I thought you and gumby were just friends.

Chuckle

benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: CCG photo shoot Thu, 24 July 2003 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You'll keep, Eacott.

Laughing

So do we have a backup plan?
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: CCG photo shoot Thu, 24 July 2003 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi all,

the only multistorey carparks that I can think of that are empty or mostly empty on weekends are the ones located between ANU and Civic. I don't know if they are open on Sundays though.

Shane.
Chriph
Regular

May 2002
Re: CCG photo shoot Fri, 25 July 2003 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
There's one at Northbourne House on the corner of Northbourne av and MacArthur st. It's two levels and the roof's not hugely high and I think they keep the lighting on (though I'm not sure at that time of day) so it might not be too bad for photos. It's completely empty on sundays as far as I can remember and real easy to access. If the weather fines up the top bit's open and looks pretty good - lots of trees in the background. I'ts not a huge carpark either so it wouldn't look so empty, I think we'd fill it up quite well. Chris. Though if we get a huge turnout, like over thirty cars, it might be a bit too small.
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Canberra Dragway on line petion
Next Topic:Jason and Jeremy
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:38:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010487794876099 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.