Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
supra shifters Tue, 24 June 2003 13:54 Go to next message
With W series supra boxes I know that you can get replacement shifter bushes - the little white nylon bush at the bottom of the shifter. But what about the nylon 'cup' that the shifter actually sits in, inside the shifter housing under the two locating pins. mine is shagged and Toyota dont sell them seperately....do i have to make my own??
  Send a private message to this user    
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: supra shifters Wed, 25 June 2003 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toyota DO sell them seperately - I bought one a while back. It's a little piece of rubbery plastic, stil costs 20 something bucks Sad But it DOES work wonders Smile

I had to pester the spare parts dude, eventually he dug around and said 'yeah this is a hilux one or something, I dunno mate', but it was just the thing.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: supra shifters Wed, 25 June 2003 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yup, I bought one a few weeks ago as well, and the parts dude told me it was from a Hilux! It fit just fine in my W58 though, and it made a huge improvement.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: supra shifters Wed, 25 June 2003 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I need one of those rings too! Disgusted

You guys got a part number?!?!?

[Updated on: Wed, 25 June 2003 05:26]

ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: supra shifters Wed, 25 June 2003 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ditto nark Smile

im after both the main pivot bush, AND the cap bush on the very end of the selector...

will be in for one if someone can get them!

PM me if you need money Very Happy

cheers
ed
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon4.gif  Re: supra shifters Wed, 25 June 2003 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The selector bush (right at the end) has always cost me $2-something, but last time I went to Toyota to get one, they charged me $9!! Was not happy about that!

I'll try to dig up the part number for that bush.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: supra shifters Wed, 25 June 2003 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ed_ma61 wrote on Wed, 25 June 2003 15:57

can i have money? Rolling Eyes
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: supra shifters Wed, 25 June 2003 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Green Bush = PN# 33505-35020 $??
White Bush = PN# 33548-31010 $8

The parts guy gave me a landcruiser one for the green one instead of what i needed, oh so didnt fit. So i got a refund.

Some guys just wont search past there main local dealers for parts for you, really pisses me off about that.
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: supra shifters Wed, 25 June 2003 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Wed, 25 June 2003 16:20

ed_ma61 wrote on Wed, 25 June 2003 15:57

can i have money? Rolling Eyes

i said PM me Confused

so no money for you Rolling Eyes

Is anyone going to go buy some of these? If/When you do, please let me know, as i do need them (but am in timbuktoo)

cheers
ed
Drift pig
Regular

May 2003
Re: supra shifters Wed, 25 June 2003 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im back at work tomorow and will look up the part number for the correct green bush and post it, and they are cheaper then $20 maybe thats because I work for Toyota Very Happy . They are out of a VZN130 V6 4 runner, Thats whats in mine. Works sweet.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: supra shifters Wed, 25 June 2003 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On the shifter subject, Where can you get shortened shifters for the W58? Rolling Eyes
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: supra shifters Wed, 25 June 2003 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Drift pig wrote on Wed, 25 June 2003 19:24

Im back at work tomorow and will look up the part number for the correct green bush and post it, and they are cheaper then $20 maybe thats because I work for Toyota Very Happy . They are out of a VZN130 V6 4 runner, Thats whats in mine. Works sweet.

if you can get me a quote on BOTH the main pivot bush, as well as the lower shaft 'end-cap' bush for a celica/supra w58, it would be greatly appreciated.

ill get them both if we can arrange a way for me pay for them, and you ship them out to me Very Happy

cheers
ed
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: supra shifters Wed, 25 June 2003 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Wed, 25 June 2003 15:14

so are these part numbers correct??
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: supra shifters Wed, 25 June 2003 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, those are the part numbers I used.
Drift pig
Regular

May 2003
Re: supra shifters Thu, 26 June 2003 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just checked the numbers at work
White pivot bush is 33548-31010 $7.00
Green support bush is 33505-35020 $15.00
If for some reason the green bush does not fit which i have seen then use 33556-14010 $10.00
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: supra shifters Sat, 28 June 2003 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Wed, 25 June 2003 19:27

On the shifter subject, Where can you get shortened shifters for the W58? Rolling Eyes

If you just want a shorter shifter but not a shorter throw, you can do it yourself. Instuctions are at www.celicas.org. That is for the short shifter, which ditches the chrome part and leaves you with the ugly stick, so you need to use an aftermarket gearknob with 3 screws. I tried and didn't like, much too much tans noise & vibration, there is such a thing as too direct.

I shortened mine but kept it looking stock. See, the chrome stick has rubber donut bushings separating it from the ugly stick... but the top bushing is solid. If you patiently use a heatgun, you can separate the two in a vise, drill out the top bushing so the stick sits all the way in, and shove it back togther. This is what I did, but I cut the ugly stick down a tiny bit too so that the chrome part now sits on the bend on the ugly stick. Good mod, much nicer shorter.

Hope this makes sense.

[Updated on: Sat, 28 June 2003 05:34]

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: supra shifters Sat, 28 June 2003 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It makes sense, but I was after a short throw Smile
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: supra shifters Sat, 28 June 2003 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool1:

http://www.suprasport.com/suprasport/catalog/produ ct_info.php/cPath/31/products_id/204

or

http://www.celicasupra.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t= 550&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Pretty expensive.

Ebay also has them every now and then, dunno if they are just hacked and shortened shifters thou
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: supra shifters Sat, 28 June 2003 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks mate.
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: supra shifters Thu, 04 December 2003 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what's the trick to fitting the green bush? Should they be heated in hot water to make them softer? seems like they could be easily damaged being pushed into place...
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: supra shifters Thu, 04 December 2003 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lube it with some gearbox oil?

EDIT: or grease maybe

[Updated on: Thu, 04 December 2003 11:28]

ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: supra shifters Thu, 04 December 2003 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eh?

its just goes stright in Confused
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: supra shifters Thu, 04 December 2003 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats what im thinking, perhaps he got the wrong one Rolling Eyes
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: supra shifters Thu, 04 December 2003 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, mine just dropped straight in...
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: supra shifters Thu, 04 December 2003 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do you need to push out the 2 steel guide dowels for the shifter ball? Confused They seem difficult to get around, unless the new bush is heaps softer than the old one.

[Updated on: Thu, 04 December 2003 12:31]

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: supra shifters Thu, 04 December 2003 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nope, should go past no worries
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: supra shifters Thu, 04 December 2003 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I just squished it up a little to get it in.........
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: supra shifters Fri, 05 December 2003 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now I know why you all think I have 10 thumbs after asking this question! Very Happy I picked up the generic replacement green bush from toyota today, and its completely different to the original one...

The original one I was talking about (which is currently in the box) is the full depth of the cup, and has two holes that have to be maneouvered over the guide dowels at the side.

The new one is much simpler Smile Thanks to all.

Cheers
Phil
c2888
Regular

May 2002

Re: supra shifters Fri, 05 December 2003 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If i recall correctly i once read a article in HOT4's about dellows and the whole adapt a celica box to xxxx car.
They had a number of different cast shifter housings, which could be ordered in quick shift. The actual housings were higher, so i assume they are proper quickshifts.

I'll try and find the article.

Daniel
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: supra shifters Fri, 05 December 2003 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
c2888 wrote on Fri, 05 December 2003 11:53

If i recall correctly i once read a article in HOT4's about dellows and the whole adapt a celica box to xxxx car.
They had a number of different cast shifter housings, which could be ordered in quick shift. The actual housings were higher, so i assume they are proper quickshifts.

I'll try and find the article.

Daniel

You do that.
statoJay
Newcomer

November 2004
Re: supra shifters Sat, 20 November 2004 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think Castlemaine Rod Shop make these bushes in nolathane.

oops. hooray for reviving a year old thread.

[Updated on: Sat, 20 November 2004 11:56]

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: supra shifters Sun, 21 November 2004 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doesn't matter. Better that than starting a new thread.

Anyway, I bought these a week ago.

Retail is about $32 for both, but because I had the trade price ($22) written on the piece of paper I gave the dude, he gave me them for $26!

w00t.
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: supra shifters Mon, 22 November 2004 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Wed, 25 June 2003 17:14

and

George Bush = Tool# 002-Beta

Sorry .... I'll go back to lurking now. Embarassed
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: supra shifters Sat, 08 January 2005 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My big old landy gear stick felt like a wooden spoon in a cooking pot so I replaced the bushes yesterday, and guess what? Same part numbers mentioned, this was for an R151f tranny so these bushes will also suit R150f abd of course the R154. My green bush was in about 20 pieces hehe Smile
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: supra shifters Thu, 17 March 2005 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys sorry to revive this again but its a handy thread that encompasses the topic of short shifters which is being discussed at the moment.

Anyway, Just got myself a W58 out of an MA61 and I just have a couple of bush questions.

I see that in the thread someone mentioned a bush to go on the ball s3ction at the end of the shifter stick. Mine doesnt have a bush on there at all...? Should it?

And the other bush that is required, is this the ring that sits in the cup under the two locating dowels?

Please help as i am just a little confused! Razz

Cheers,

Jezza
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: supra shifters Thu, 17 March 2005 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rallystanza wrote on Thu, 17 March 2005 13:53

I see that in the thread someone mentioned a bush to go on the ball s3ction at the end of the shifter stick. Mine doesnt have a bush on there at all...? Should it?

And the other bush that is required, is this the ring that sits in the cup under the two locating dowels?

Yes, and Yes

About $30 for the 2
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: supra shifters Thu, 17 March 2005 07:38 Go to previous message
Thanks very much.
Smile
Jezza
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:SSR WHEEL DISTRIBUTORS(SYDNEY)
Next Topic:Super Monitor
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 2 01:35:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0074830055236816 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.