Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Mt Tamborine cruise 2/08 Tue, 01 July 2003 12:01 Go to next message
how does another cruise sound, maybe late July.

a day cruise might be the go, how about a cruise up to tamborine on a saturday morn for lunch, sit around for a bit, get some pics, then later on roll down to the coast for a run.

this is just a suggestion, if anyone has ideas please feel free to say them.

we should try to make this more organised this time around as a few got lost last time, like me. Razz

[Updated on: Tue, 15 July 2003 07:56]

Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: another cruise in brissy Tue, 01 July 2003 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm interested but as per last time, I cant drive Crying or Very Sad
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: another cruise in brissy Tue, 01 July 2003 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im in. if you were lost what was i doing following you? then i lost you what does that make me? (apart from retarded)i reckon a blast up tambo at night time then back down the coast would be better as there is less crap tourists and stuff. trust me its not fun going behind a slow grandma all the way up the hill.
TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: another cruise in brissy Wed, 02 July 2003 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh the cruise last time to tambo was pretty mad, i dunno about nite time tho... we don't all know the roads as good as u do daniel... see what everyone else says tho, would be pretty fun... see what ur RG can do against my twin carbs daniel, fingers crossed they will be on by then...
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: another cruise in brissy Thu, 03 July 2003 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
phil, i added you to my msn. (if thats the real address... hehe.com???) anyways id like to ask you some questions about the RG rebuild n stuff.

Daniel
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: another cruise in brissy Mon, 07 July 2003 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*hand up*

Pick me, pick me. I want in Smile

Cheers
Wilbo
RA60_Celica
Regular

February 2003
Re: another cruise in brissy Mon, 07 July 2003 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im in, just dont take too many close photos of my ra60 the paint jobs shit! Confused but yeah that sounds good Very Happy
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: another cruise in brissy Wed, 09 July 2003 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be back home in Brissy on the weekend of 26 & 27.
Wouldn't mind seeing what your guys cars are like.
Can someone PM me with a mobile no I can call while up there as I don't have good access to the internet from my folks place.
Night Tambo run sounds excellant though, haven't been there in years.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: another cruise in brissy Wed, 09 July 2003 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I haven't been on a mountain run in ages, so I guess I might tag along. Don't expect the Supra to keep up with anyone though, unless there's lots of straight bits! Smile
toycelica77
Regular

February 2003
Re: another cruise in brissy Wed, 09 July 2003 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i nearly lost it off the edge of glorious, i'm staying away from mountains now...

Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: another cruise in brissy Wed, 09 July 2003 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, lets get some organisation going, unless there's objections, how does saturday the 2nd of august sound, we should go up mid afternoon, i hate going up mountains at night. I was worried going up MT Gravatt last time

[Updated on: Wed, 09 July 2003 20:51]

TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: another cruise in brissy Thu, 10 July 2003 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No objections here... and same goes for me as Michael, no one tease my crappy paint/body coz it's only getting me by til i got my TA22 on the road! Mad and i'll get mark, chris and matt to cum along again too... but definitely more organisation this time... lol
cool1: when are u gonna have a car to come along in?
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: another cruise in brissy Thu, 10 July 2003 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its going to be a long while Sad Plus its not just the car, I need a licence.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: another cruise in brissy Thu, 10 July 2003 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhh shit

i just found out i have a 21st to go to that night, if possible can we change, or i'll have to miss out

can it possibly be the 2nd of august

sorry Sad
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: another cruise in brissy Fri, 11 July 2003 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What's the problem with going up Mt Gravatt, the issue is coming back down. Especially timing it right so you don't catch anyone up! Evil or Very Mad
Nice set of curves to almost straight line at the end (hit 130 in my old Legacy Turbo).

If you're going to have it the weekend of the 2nd, would it be possible to have it on Friday night the 1st? I have to drive back to Sydney on Sunday 3rd.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: another cruise in brissy Fri, 11 July 2003 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The best time to do it is early morning, so how about at the crack of dawn on Saturday? Bugger all traffic, cool ambient temps, and plenty of light if you don't like driving in the dark. The only downside is dragging your sorry arse out of bed on a weekend!
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: another cruise in brissy Fri, 11 July 2003 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nothing wrong with mt gravatt or mountains in general, just that there is blind corners and no light, no cool, Confused

i normally have to get up at 6.30 anyway for work
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: another cruise in brissy Fri, 11 July 2003 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Mt Gravatt Lookout drive rocks!! I do it at least 2 times a week! Been having fun latley in my G/F's VTI-R civic!! And downhill... doesn't scare me either!! Well the civic has nice brakes I suppose!! Embarassed
TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: another cruise in brissy Sat, 12 July 2003 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh saturday morning sounds good... how early are we talking tho? i get up at 4:30 every weekday 4 work and i kinda look forward to sleeping in on weekends... Razz sounds like a good idea tho norbie, will be lots more fun with no other traffic...
Cool1: so when are u expecting to have a licence?
Daniel: Will u have the RG in by the time we are cruisin?
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: another cruise in brissy Sat, 12 July 2003 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can apply for a court hearing on the 6th of November which means I'll get the hearing about 3 weeks later.
So about then. I hope Confused
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: another cruise in brissy Sat, 12 July 2003 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so does the 2nd august sound good
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Mount Tamborine Cruise 2/08 Tue, 15 July 2003 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have put a post out on performance forums and boostcruising, ppl wanna know what time we are gonna leave, how does meet at dome at 7.30 sat the 2nd august, leave at 8.00, roll to BP stapylton to all fill up then go up mountain, with daniel leading of course,
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Mount Tamborine Cruise 2/08 Tue, 15 July 2003 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
philmelvin wrote on Tue, 15 July 2003 17:53

how does meet at dome at 7.30

Where? Embarassed (dome?)

Does anyone want to meet somewhere close to the city (guys coming from the north side?). Hoping that I can still make it.

Cheers
Wilbo
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Mount Tamborine Cruise 2/08 Tue, 15 July 2003 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry, meet at logan hyperdome, maybe aspley maccas, i wouldn't have a clue about NS
TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: Mount Tamborine Cruise 2/08 Tue, 15 July 2003 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
U better still be coming wilbo...
As if u changed the name of the post phil, i got lost, lol. so is this gonna be a morning thing like norbie suggested or do u mean 7:30 at night?
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Mt Tamborine cruise 2/08 Tue, 15 July 2003 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can i meet you guys at oxenford woolworths or something? i dont wanna go to hyperdome and then back up the mountain for no reason

Daniel.
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Mount Tamborine Cruise 2/08 Tue, 15 July 2003 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD78 wrote on Tue, 15 July 2003 22:29

U better still be coming wilbo...

Oh I'll be coming! I'm just hoping that nothing crazy happens like getting 12 assignments due the next day (even then I'll still be coming Evil or Very Mad )

Cheers
Wilbo
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Mount Tamborine Cruise 2/08 Wed, 16 July 2003 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well why dont we make it morning, we can go later if u want or whatever, i'm cool.

we can roll up there to a big meeting place {daniel Confused }
have a feed then go to the coast mid-day/arvo and roll up and down cavill while its open and get some parks altogether at the BWCP {first time ever} Razz
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
icon14.gif  Re: Mt Tamborine cruise 2/08 Thu, 17 July 2003 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Day run sounds excellant to me.
night runs for twisty roads are better because you tell if someone is coming the other way around blind corners because no headlight beams. Evil or Very Mad
If anyone wants to do a different night run up Mt Gravatt I'm in. I'll be staying at Wishart so its only 5 mins away.

I'm leaving Sydney on Friday 25 July, so if someone could let me know a number to call once I'm up there.
TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: Mt Tamborine cruise 2/08 Thu, 17 July 2003 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So u've finally got extractors and exhaust eh phil? nice... sounds like a bit of a whole day cruise we got goin here should be good... where we met last time up the top was alright, we had lunch up there, i'm not sure where, u'll have to ask daniel what the place was but had heaps of parks and stuff...
TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: Mount Tamborine Cruise 2/08 Thu, 17 July 2003 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
now all u need is a celica 5 speed! any one will do... just not a 4 speed...
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Mount Tamborine Cruise 2/08 Thu, 17 July 2003 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i'm in
Unless you can make it after the 7th of August(i get in Brisbane on the 30th july and my car on the 7th of august) i'll either have to convince my mates to take me along(one has a "camry"...read apollo and the other has a RA28 with xu-1 spec 186 :S)
Or....i could borrow my mums 'Rola (oh the shame)
L3THL
Newcomer

July 2003
Re: Mt Tamborine cruise 2/08 Sat, 19 July 2003 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I might join ya's.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Mt Tamborine cruise 2/08 Sat, 19 July 2003 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh, i've always had the extractors and standard 18RC exhaust, NEED 5 speed, NEED cash too. Sad

all toyotas welcome, just get him to put some masking tape over the holden and apollo signs and write toyota camry Very Happy
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Mt Tamborine cruise 2/08 Sat, 26 July 2003 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats the final story / plans?? Its next weekend right!

Is anyone going to be coming from near the city so I can follow them to the meeting point?

Looking forward to it Smile

Cheers
Wilbo
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Mt Tamborine cruise 2/08 Sat, 26 July 2003 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as far as i'm aware, its saturday the 2nd, meeting at dome 7.30am leave there at 8.00am and going to tamborine, we may stop at BP staypylton to fuel up and get a feed too, then go up tambo, daniel will know places to go up there.
then later on we'll go to the coast and do some cruising,

sound good??????????????????????????????????????
TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: Mt Tamborine cruise 2/08 Sat, 26 July 2003 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds good to me... looking forward to seeing u all there...
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Mt Tamborine cruise 2/08 Sun, 27 July 2003 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just found out from my brother in law that hotgemini.com is having a cruise to the BWCP that night too Very Happy
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Mt Tamborine cruise 2/08 Sun, 27 July 2003 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Mon, 28 July 2003 07:19]

TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: Mt Tamborine cruise 2/08 Tue, 29 July 2003 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bad news boys... I gotta work saturday now... i think i'm gonna go cry myself to sleep... Crying or Very Sad Sad Mad Hope you all have fun...
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Mt Tamborine cruise 2/08 Tue, 29 July 2003 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
r u saying u are working aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllll day saturday, remember we are gonna go to the BWCP and cavill afterwards

well, i am Confused
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Mt Tamborine cruise 2/08 Tue, 29 July 2003 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aww ur kidding me TRD78! (we'll have to catch up some other time soon, I still want my alarm! Very Happy )

Where abouts are we meeting at the hyperdome? Can I get some vague directions to the hyperdome (haven't been there b4, tho I think I might kinda know where it is Confused ). Also a Mobile phone number of someone as well would be cool!

Cheers
Wilbo
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Mt Tamborine cruise 2/08 Tue, 29 July 2003 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well assuming u are coming down the pac h'way, just keep going past springwood and there is signs for the dome, we will be meeting around the back adjacent to the library {near the roundabout on mandew st}

0405 131728 is my mobile
TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: Mt Tamborine cruise 2/08 Wed, 30 July 2003 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i will be finished by around 6, so matt(77celeeper who also has to work) and iwill probably go to BWCP that nite...cos we wanna race them dickhead gemini drivers
Blackout
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: Mt Tamborine cruise 2/08 Fri, 01 August 2003 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So whats going on guys, id love to come with my TT Soarer.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Mt Tamborine cruise 2/08 Fri, 01 August 2003 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well we are meeting at hyperdome carpark near the library at about 7.30am or so for a 8.00 leave, going to maybe BP stapylton for fuel/food, then we will be heading up tambo for a while then down to cruise cavill ect ect
TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: Mt Tamborine cruise 2/08 Thu, 07 August 2003 11:40 Go to previous message
gotta love cooking engines... Embarassed
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:CRACKERJACK LAWN BOWLS TOURNAMENT 3/8/03 this sunday!!!
Next Topic:FLYNSX's Old Pac Cruise To Terrigal - Friday 1st August
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:44:00 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0077469348907471 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.