Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » Rob's ST162 Celica ***now with GT-Four front bar + new pics *** 6/2/5

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Rob's ST162 Celica ***now with GT-Four front bar + new pics *** 6/2/5 Tue, 08 July 2003 12:38 Go to next message
The Car
November 88 ST162 Celica with fast 3S-GE.

83.8fwkw Dyno Day 9

80.4fwkw Dyno Day 8
Video Here

79.6fwkw Dyno Day 7

Performance Modifications:
1998 BEAMS LSD Gearbox
6kg BEAMS flywheel
Berkley 4-2-1 Extractors
Cusco Imitation Oil Catch Can
2.5' Cat-back Exhaust (yes I know.. full system coming)
H&R Custom Sports Lowered Springs and Shocks
K & N drop in filter
GT-Four Twin Spot Calipers
Short shifter

Cosmetic Modifications
15'' CSA Wheels with 205 45 Falkens
Dark tinting and darkened lights and trim
Colour coded mudflaps, lip and extremities
GT-Four Front Bar with driving lights
Now fitted with as new black interior.

Other Features currently on car
Cruise Control
Remote Central Locking
Electric windows, sunroof, mirrors, aerial etc
10'' Pioneer sub powered by a 450W Weconic in custom box
50x4 Watt Kenwood CD Head Deck with Aux-in, 6x9s in parcel and high-power 4'' in front.
Snap on race seat covers, oh sorry, rice seat covers Smile

Planned Modifcations:
Highflow cat and 2 1/4 inch exhaust from extractors (as quiet as possible)

http://roblincolne.com/pix/robsthread/DSC06086.jpg

http://roblincolne.com/pix/robsthread/DSC06087.jpg

http://roblincolne.com/pix/robsthread/DSC06055.jpg

[Updated on: Thu, 17 February 2005 12:40]

Send a private message to this user    
Wood§tok
Occasional Poster

July 2003
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica Thu, 17 July 2003 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice one bro. where did you get the extractors from and how much were they?
"gt4rider"
Regular

December 2002
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica Sat, 19 July 2003 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

MR2 short shifter

hmmmmmm, know you have got me thinking.... what brand short shift kit do you have and do you know if it would drop into my gt4!

And when would you be keen on going for a run do see what difference there are between em?

"gt4rider"
st165
ultimo, Sydney
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica Sat, 19 July 2003 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Extractors. got 'em in tassie for $300 + $100 for installation. Genies go for about $400 around here I think, have been very happy with the Berkleys though.

Short shifter. I put a picture up here http://goodshopping.com.au/celica/ where you can see it more or less. I took it to hornsby recently and the guy said it looked like an MR2 kit. I haven't had too many ST162s to compare it too unfortunately. I would love to go for a run actually and see the difference. It is quite notchy, but feels nice. My syncros on 2nd are slightly worn, so unfortunately that affeects the experience a little. But I had the shifter professionally looked at and the guys said it was really nice and checked out with the g-box well.

If you wanna go for a run sometime give me a PM or call me 0412 184 470 (optus) I would love to see your car anyway.. did you see this? http://www.prestigemotorsport.com.au/au/stock/deta ils.asp?StockID=1079 I want it baaad

Cheers Smile

Rob
DeViL rOlLa
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica Thu, 31 July 2003 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i also have seen the gt4 rollin round, and rob i wanna catch up with u too, we should get SCO77K to come as well, we'll have a celly cruise, i got a friend with a tricked up 162 who would b there for sure.
steve
st162
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica Thu, 31 July 2003 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what friend would that be?? mine is a ta22 silly!!!! Very Happy just playing, i know who you mean
justin
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica Fri, 01 August 2003 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Let's do it... anyone going tonight on FLYNSXs cruise? I am not sure if I will come for some or any or what
"gt4rider"
Regular

December 2002
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica Sat, 02 August 2003 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DeViL rOlLa wrote on Thu, 31 July 2003 14:17

i also have seen the gt4 rollin round, steve
st162

You have seen my car rollin around - hmmm thats a little surprising to hear cause I only know one speed and it certainlly aint rollin Laughing

So when can we get this thing happening, the sooner the better because my car will be off the road for about a month in about 2 weeks, but that's still top secret for know!

"gt4rider"
st165
sydney
SCO-77K
Regular

January 2003
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica Mon, 04 August 2003 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh i'll be down for something,

oh and by the way i forgot to say how nice your car is rob Smile
I still gotta do some work on mine, bonnet needs a complete respray, the paint has faded and cracked. got my 17" mags on tho Smile

[Updated on: Mon, 04 August 2003 06:32]

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica Mon, 04 August 2003 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe you are too nice Scott. My car has its issues though that don't show up in every photo Rolling Eyes

show us your 17'' on your car's thread! me want to see!
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Rob's ST162 Celica Mon, 18 August 2003 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your ears we will keep, so you can hear people screaming "Oh my goodness, what is that THING!!!!!"

In reference to your car of course.

Piece of junk. Razz

Ok, ok, it's a very nice car. One of the quickest 162's around I reckon.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica Tue, 19 August 2003 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YAY! Just got the cruise control working today, as well as installing the shocks and springs and replacing the dash and installing automatic aerial + other interior bits.

AM SO EXCITED and all for $300!

Thankyou God Smile

[Updated on: Tue, 19 August 2003 14:15]

Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Rob's ST162 Celica Tue, 19 August 2003 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Soooo nice now. Ride might be a little on the hard side (on decent sized trips I can see you getting tired of it) but beautiful.
SCO-77K
Regular

January 2003
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica Wed, 20 August 2003 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well done man!

I just bought some crappy second hand steering wheel,but its better then the original. all i need to do now is find a boss kit. do know where to get a boss kit for our car?
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica Wed, 20 August 2003 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah man I don't... sorry. I will ask my mate he got one for his AE92 a little white ago.. can't be that different
"gt4rider"
Regular

December 2002
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica Sun, 24 August 2003 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I picked mine up for my old st162 from the car place at Paddy's market in China town. It was pretty cheap if I remember rightly! Around the $50 dollar mark - make sure you talk em down and bring em cash...... its the markets after all Rolling Eyes
"gt4rider"
Regular

December 2002
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica Tue, 02 September 2003 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rob....

I finally got the shifter in, working and I'm very happy Very Happy . I ended up undoing it and just replacing the actual shifter itself. That way I didnt end up having to take the back clips off - and mine looked in a little better condition.

Mine looks as though it might have been a little shorter than yours even. Did you line em up at all and see?

Thanks again, I am very happy with it.

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica Tue, 02 September 2003 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew I am SO happy for you mate!!! I was full worried that there would be dramas all over the shop... that is fantastic man. Now you can rest your arm on the center console thing and have your hand on the shifter Very Happy

How does it feel though? I know it was quite tricky changing gears sometimes as it was, is it much worse having it shorter?

that is EXCELLENT... you should take a photo or something.. give me a call when you are up this way, I got my new suspension and interior done too now as you know, so my car rides heaps sweet...
"gt4rider"
Regular

December 2002
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica Wed, 03 September 2003 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah I am very happy with it and I dont reckon it makes it that much harder to get the thing in gear. There is a lot less travel so I can get it in gear a lot quicker than before Very Happy

How about your suspension - remind me again what did you ripe out of your spare! Were the springs lower than stock....
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica Wed, 03 September 2003 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is maybe a fraction lower at the front, and noticeably lower at the back.

Here they are b4 I put them in. They are from these folk. http://www.hrsprings.com/ only like 3 months old. They ride really nicely, very tight and great cornering! I need to put in a strut brace in the back like yours though. Total bargain at $300. I feel like I ripped the guy off who sold them to me, even though that was the price he said. Smile How much do you reckon for a the whiteline strut brace?

http://goodshopping.com.au/celica/before4.jpg

Here they are while still jacked up

http://goodshopping.com.au/celica/shocks2.jpg

Here is the finished product

http://goodshopping.com.au/celica/shocks5.jpg
Jaxe
Regular

July 2003
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica (new suspension pics up) Fri, 05 September 2003 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice work Rob, a very sleek ride! Smile
I wouldn't mind doing the same.
How long did it take you to put 'em in and was it difficult?
Jaxe
Regular

July 2003
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica (new suspension pics up) Fri, 05 September 2003 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What's going on here Rob? Shocked

http://goodshopping.com.au/celica/shocks6.jpg
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica (new suspension pics up) Fri, 05 September 2003 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL I see you discovered the other thread. Very Happy You like? Smile My car almost used to be that low... biggest pain to drive.

That is Photo shop going on that's what.. hey man, how is the new stereo? Anyway, uh, it takes maybe 4 hours including bleeding the brakes and stuff if you DON'T have to install springs. If you have to install springs into your struts separately, then you need to add like 1/2 hour minimum per strut, depending on what tools you have.

I just took these right off the car that I bought, and stuck 'em straight in mine. Springs are about the biggest pain of the job, otherwise it is very straightforward and super easy, just takes a while. Smile
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica (new suspension pics up) Mon, 08 September 2003 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice ride Rob, it's equipped with the same shit as mine, you even have the same tyres, except my rims are 17"s , but i don't have the 2-spot calipers or suspension, but i just got the 2 1/4 exhaust, extractors and high flow cat (same price as standard), have you fitted yours in, cos' it's f#cken loud. The only thing i need is a wastegate to let off pressure, which means i need a turbo, which means i'm considering on getting a 3s-gte.

By the way the PhotoShop work is alright, but it's too extreme, though it's useful to see what your car looks like before you do anything. I still have to cut the springs on mine (I know, I know.)

Oh yeah take the mud guards off, it looks too RallySpec, seriously it'll look much better.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica (new suspension pics up) Mon, 08 September 2003 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey thanks.. the photoshop work was just a joke.. I had my car lowered when I bought it, and it sucked! It was way to low. I have a happy compromise now. Smile

So you have the 2 & 1/4'' exhaust and it's heaps loud??? NOOOOO I didn't want to hear that dude! Does it resonate badly? And what do you mean by, 'same price as standard'? I seriously want to buy such an exhaust. Mild steel, mandrel bent etc..

So you have 17'' versions of my wheels? I wouldn't cut the springs, the handling goes to bits dude.. try and get some proper springs. SO worth it Smile

I like my mud guards.. 'though I dislike RallySpec.. hmm
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica (new suspension pics up) Tue, 09 September 2003 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i have to use photoshop a fair bit, it's fully sik once you know the program, but i'm here to talk about cars.

Yeah it's pretty loud especially at 180kph, but i've got a 3 1/2 dump pipe which adds slightly some noise, i didn't want mine too loud either but it's not that bad, it scares people.
It slightly resonates in cold start.
"Same price as standard" means same price as an ordinary cat
Yeah mandrel bends are nice.
No, i don't have 17" of your wheels, i have 17" ALT 'sevens' in champagne. Just running the same rubber
RallySpec = Bad
I've also tinted my rear lights but they're mildly illegal in my case. But like they say "Once you go black, you never go back"

RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica (new suspension pics up) Thu, 18 September 2003 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2 Qs Rob, how much was the cold air induction and did it help performance at all? And how much did the calipers set you back (I got ripped blind for $330 but I figured I needed them anyway and they seem hard to find).
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Rob's ST162 Celica (new suspension pics up) Fri, 19 September 2003 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well the cold air induction was basically free. Smile It's custom made out of PVC piping. He actually now has a pod filter fitted. The performance has actually gone down quite a bit. Smile Basically he ran a PVC pipe from the bottom/front of the airbox down under the radiator and to the front of the car. Not bad, but really need to think about filter down there if you are going to be driving on dirt at all or anything.

As for the calipers, cannot remember exactly. Something like $100-$150. Bought them all rusted and stuff, and used the dremel to clean them up. Took a bit of effort, but worth it. Smile

Yes I know I am not Rob, but hey..... Very Happy
SCO-77K
Regular

January 2003
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica (new suspension pics up) Fri, 19 September 2003 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I really like what you've done there rob mate! Very Happy

I wanna get my car lowered but i dont know if i can cause the wheels are to big hehe Cool

if you wanna do some photoshoping for me and lower my car here is a pic to do so Smile (it would be much appreciated)
http://www2.freepichosting.com/Images/67905/16.jpg
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica (new suspension pics up) Fri, 19 September 2003 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what hey said. hahah

Calipers $150 from Juzzo with all clips, shims and pads (kinda rusty from sitting on a dock or something, but "bzzzz" with the demel and presto! Seals were in decent nic.

CAI. what he said. With using a POD, I would definitely mount the filter down near the front bar, not inside the engine if I wanted performance. The best option so far has been the K&N Panel with the CAI routed directly into the box.
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica (new suspension pics up) Sat, 27 September 2003 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SCO-77K wrote on Fri, 19 September 2003 12:03

I really like what you've done there rob mate! Very Happy

I wanna get my car lowered but i dont know if i can cause the wheels are to big hehe Cool

if you wanna do some photoshoping for me and lower my car here is a pic to do so Smile (it would be much appreciated)

lowing a st162 over 17inch rims is not a problem, two of my mates have super low king springs in st162 celica rolling on 17" rims
justin
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica (new suspension pics up) Mon, 06 October 2003 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah just cut some coils off the back and front with the stock suspension, you might lose a bit of handling, not much and I'm sure you won't be bouncing off the guards, just don't dump it on it's arse unless you want to be cool, but if you want to go the safe route go the the King super lows but it costs $$$.
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica (new suspension pics up) Wed, 31 December 2003 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awesome car, the white ST-162 LOOK VERY AWESOME, i'm looking at prices for some 5 spoke white rims like urs rob, how much can ya get em for? I thought 15" would be good as u don't have the extra weight of the 16" or a 17" and they look decent...

When did u replace the engine to a gen2 3sge??
We need more pics mate, lol.
Can u take somemore for us? Especially of the interior!!!

http://goodshopping.com.au/celica/shocks5.jpg
In this picture it looks like u have a slight pearl into the white, did u have a respray or anything?
Would anyone know if u could put a pearl through a paint by just cut and polishing and then just applying the pearl over the paint?
I'd love to do it!

[Updated on: Wed, 31 December 2003 15:45]

DeViL rOlLa
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica (new suspension pics up) Fri, 02 January 2004 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey rob, i have a q 4 u buddy, i got pinned for my filter last nyt which has put me into mister fix-it mode, and currently have a template for a partition. I am goin to get it made up by 1 of dads friends and was wondering if u were interested.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica (new suspension pics up) Fri, 02 January 2004 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude I am THERE! I can't belive you got fined! What was the story?

Mate we should get together though, because I have a CAI pipe running to near the filter, so I would need a 'hole' in the bottom to accomodate the pipe etc. I was going to whack something together with fiberglass and a mould, but this would be heaps better!

You got my number? 0412 184 470 if you want to text me, but I am heaps interested mate.

Twincam, dude, glad to see you are lovin' the good stuff (aka 162 Smile ) rims like mine are all around mate, I see them on lots of cars... not sure where would be the bestest place to look but they shouldn't be very expensive at all.

I didn't replace the engine myself, if indeed it has been done, I would actually like someone to have a look and maybe tell me if it is a gen1/gen2.. ?? anyone?

I will try and get some pics of the interior, I have finally finished the conversion to black with a new radio and shifter and all, looks SWEET.. photos soon!

Don't know about the whole pearl thing mate, my car is almost the same white as the white lightening celicas, cause I got two panels off one, and they match perfectly, so.. yeah..
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica (new suspension pics up) Fri, 02 January 2004 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Rob,
Yeah i'm loving the good stuff hehe.
Took another for a test drive today, hehe. Me and my mate were like "its good, but its not as good as I remember it", after 10 minutes we realised AC was on, and once we turned it off, we were like HOLY CRAP!!! LOL
There are some rims i'm really keen on, they are the earlier model rims, i'll try and find a pic, but they are plainish looking, not the ones that look like they have indentations, they look like they are hubcaps, I really like em, especially when the st-162 are lowered a few inches...

But yeah I might give the pearl a miss lol!!!

But definitely an awesome car,
I'd love to know if it is a gen1/2 engine, coz if u can get 79kw at the wheels, DAMN THATS really really GOOD!!!

Speak to u soon Rob,
Ur never on msn anymore hahaha!
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica (new suspension pics up) Thu, 29 January 2004 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The gen 1 3S-GE puts out 103kW at the flywheel when tested under the factory conditions (temp/pressure controlled air)...also given that it is front wheel drive and doesn't suffer quite the same amount of power loss through transmission as rear wheel drive cars do -> 80kW or so equates to probably 105-110kW at the engine/flywheel. Given the various mods that he's done it's not too unreasonable figure for a gen1 engine. It's obviously in very good shape!
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica (new suspension pics up) Thu, 29 January 2004 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWDboy if robs pushing 80kw at the wheels it would eb heaps more than 110kw at the fly, cause 80 @ the wheels is about 15-17kw more than standard which mean he'd be pushing more like 120kw at the fly.

[CENSORED]

[Updated on: Sat, 31 January 2004 17:58]

FWDCelica
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica (new suspension pics up) Sat, 31 January 2004 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Rob,

Had a look at your pics of the Motor.
It's a Gen1 because Gen2/3 don't have TVIS.
Gen 2/3 never came to OZ in FWD.

Check out this to see what Gen2/3 look like.

"http://members.optusnet.com.au/~celica88"

Cheers
Tim.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica (new suspension pics up) Sat, 31 January 2004 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[CENSORED]

[Updated on: Sat, 31 January 2004 17:59]

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica (new suspension pics up) Sat, 31 January 2004 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is getting messy Neutral maybe we will never know! MAYBE it is like a Gen X whoooo... wait do I hear a voice in my head? Very Happy

I didn't think we got those celica's like that 3sge in those pictures... You know it is probably a gen1 with some cams in it or something trivial like that. I would expect a gen 2/3 to make a little more than I do right now yea?
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica (new suspension pics up) Tue, 03 February 2004 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well a front wheel drive would have about 27% power loss maximum of about 30% wouldn't it? so if that's the case then 80.4 divded by around .7 should give you your answer.. comes to roughly 114 kW at the flywheel. And apparently there are 2 types of gen 1, only difference being Oxy sensor position and I think cam covers look different. Smile

If I'm wrong just call me an idiot I'm use to it Smile
FWDCelica
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica (new suspension pics up) Tue, 03 February 2004 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You're right there are 2 types of Gen1
Early models 85-87 had the O2 sensor up near the Head.
Later models 87-89 had the O2 sensor near the Gearstick.

I am sure the power output is the same.

Could be his has been rebored and has 1mm oversize Pistons which would give about 50cc extra as well as Higher compression !

Cheers
T.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica (new suspension pics up) Tue, 03 February 2004 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Could be his has been rebored and has 1mm oversize Pistons which would give about 50cc extra as well as Higher compression !

ah the mysteries.. maybe I should just take the head off and solve this one for all! Smile or at least take a peek at the cams... because the cam cover screws have definitely been taken off before..
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica (new suspension pics up) Wed, 04 February 2004 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The problem with 'power loss' is that it's a very vague concept. Factory cars are tested without any accessories attached, no power steering, no air-con to drive, sometimes without the alternator (and spark is provided externally). The actual 'transmission' losses from a front wheel drive can be as low as 13% in some cases.

Rob - you *could* solve it once and for all by getting a GT4 -> Then we'll promptly forget Smile
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica (new suspension pics up) Thu, 05 February 2004 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think i've figured it out...
He's got the AC directly connected into his throttle body, and he controls his boost through the FAN SPEED BUTTON from the drivers seat...
SPEED 1: 1 PSI
SPEED 2: 2 PSI
SPEED 3: Well u get the picture (3 PSI)

HAHHAAHAHA
Could that work just out of stupid interest?? LOL
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica (new suspension pics up) Thu, 05 February 2004 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Thats a good one man Laughing Laughing Laughing cracked me up,

seriosly I don't think it would work though, it not really possible, I know, I know anything is possible with enough money, but a big waste of time, good thought though Laughing Laughing Laughing
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica (new suspension pics up) Sat, 07 February 2004 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Fri, 06 February 2004 01:43

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Thats a good one man Laughing Laughing Laughing cracked me up,

seriosly I don't think it would work though, it not really possible, I know, I know anything is possible with enough money, but a big waste of time, good thought though Laughing Laughing Laughing

GLAD U liked it hahahaha....
What about having a second duct going back into the engine bay through the firewall, and then make a pod filter with a heat shield or even a plastic box around it, and have the duct coming straight into the inlet side of the box, Could work?? LOL, the power u would gain from it would be lost by having the air conditioning on hahahahaha

Wonder if the engine would freeze up with the air conditioning being so cold??? Maybe the head might crack??? LOL!!
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica (new suspension pics up) Thu, 12 February 2004 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I think i've figured it out...
He's got the AC directly connected into his throttle body, and he controls his boost through the FAN SPEED BUTTON from the drivers seat...
SPEED 1: 1 PSI
SPEED 2: 2 PSI
SPEED 3: Well u get the picture (3 PSI)

rofl.. *shhhhhhh!* my secret Very Happy

Link to the dyno day 80.4 effort - My car on the rollers!

http://www.roblincolne.com/rob/Robst162DynoRun.WMV

[Updated on: Thu, 12 February 2004 11:25]

SCO-77K
Regular

January 2003
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica (video from dyno day for download now) Fri, 13 February 2004 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that video is wicked! Shocked
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica (video from dyno day for download now) Fri, 13 February 2004 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah pretty cool huh..

a thousand thanks to smt_007 for videoing it.. I didn't even know he had done it! Smile
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica (video from dyno day for download now) Sat, 14 February 2004 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe no probs Rob, its my cousins camera, i hope to have it at Toyota Nationals, i need to have footage of the two turbo camrys Very Happy. Im very surprised your car sounds the same as my car and yours is a 3sge, yours just revs higher Smile.

[Updated on: Sat, 14 February 2004 05:54]

ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Welcome Wed, 18 February 2004 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Guys

Seemed like this seem to be the area to talk about your st162, so i thought i'd check it out cause i have an st162 with a 1st gen 3sge, the one with the t-vis, anyway i was wondering if you guys knew any place's that sold good and affordable body kits and rims in the western suburb's of sydney, preferably the castle hills area?? i'm looking into modifying my celica in the near future, at the moment it only has a pod filter and 2 1/4 exhuast system and the typical big sound system, kinda sick of its image and want to improve it, so if you guys can help out that would be awesome.

cheers
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Welcome Wed, 18 February 2004 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in regards to body kits I don't really know the best place to begin (anybody??) but I do know that several manufacturers make them and you can buy them off the shelf so to speak for the 162 so a few calls to body shop places would give you a lot of info I think.

If you have not yet I would at least paint my lower black areas to match the car = 100% improvement in the look of the car. This is something you can do yourself. Then put some nice springs in there and your car will look schmick Smile

what is a gt-r dude?

cheers! - Rob
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica (video from dyno day for download now) Thu, 19 February 2004 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For a bodykit try:

NewStyle Motorsports
Bodykit maker. Each ToyMods member will be able to purchase kits, vents, spoilers, etc from Newstyle Motorsports at trade prices. That's over 10% worth of discount!

Phone: 9631 1033
Fax: 9631 1079

http://www.newstylemotorsport.com/ Smile

charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica (video from dyno day for download now) Thu, 19 February 2004 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unfortunately for me, well not too unfortunately really, my car needs repairing thanks to it's previous owner.

the list of what's being done is:
replacing nolathane bushes
replacing wheel bearings
rewiring the oxy-sensor
replacing front and rear struts to gas (most likely monroe)
cleaning the fuel filter and injectors
flushing the radiator
replacing all the belts
replacing cam seals
and a some king springs (because if there's work to be done on the suspension i might as well replacing the springs as well)

anyway i've been quoted 1500$ for the lot to be done that's including gst. So when I get my car back it will be 50 mm lower, probably too low but it's all right... oh yeah, and what do you think of the price? I love living next door to a mechanic Smile
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica (video from dyno day for download now) Fri, 20 February 2004 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The problem with ST162s is that you need to find a really good previous owner. Mine treated his car like shit...here's a shortlist off the top of my head of what I've *had* to do so far.

New piston rings (way too much blue smoke)
New big-end bearings (very worn upon inspection)
New rear-main crank seal (oil leak)
Recondition broken distributor (including aluminium welding)
New dizzy cap (exy)
New front right strut (broken top-mount)
Four new tyres (all were below legal depth upon car purchase)
New exhaust manifold gasket (now blown again due to possible warpage of manifold)
New intake manifold gaskets
Fuel injectors removed and cleaned (now flowing 15% better)
Valves re-seated
New cam-shaft seals
New north/south engine-mount rubbers
New front skirt
New side and rear indicator lenses (effing expensive, but new ones look awesome)
New cam-belt idle & tensioner pulleys (expensive)
New cam timing belt.

All I have to fix now is coolant leaking from god-knows-which old & busted hose, plus the low oil pressure problem (which is my fault - d'oh). Then there's the body and interior - *sigh*

[Updated on: Fri, 20 February 2004 03:26]

charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica (video from dyno day for download now) Sun, 22 February 2004 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe, yeah.. the previous owner of mine was a queenslander.... the paint suffered from that.

But the amount of oil that was pouring out of the engine when i bought it was amazing.... and completely ruined everything in the engine bay... oh and the piston rings were gone too... worked it out that it was cheaper to just buy a import engine and put that in Smile

although for some reason the interior on mine is almost a1 minus 2 cracks on the dash and a rip in the drivers seat, go figure.

If rob sells his I envy the person that buys it... Smile
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica (video from dyno day for download now) Sun, 22 February 2004 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also... go the double post Rolling Eyes

sco77k if someone else hasn't photoshopped your car I just had a little play around with it if you want to have a look give us your email addy and i'll send you a copy Smile

I'm too pov to host
SCO-77K
Regular

January 2003
Re: Rob's ST162 Celica (video from dyno day for download now) Mon, 23 February 2004 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
sweet man thanks, send anything and everything to scottk@commercialcredit.net.au
Pages (4): [1  2  3  4  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Best st162 in the World...(turbo-supercharged, NOS)
Next Topic:T APLUS 22's LT1600
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 05:22:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0089850425720215 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.