Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Track Talk » gze got 4 cars on my 20v ????

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
neat 20valve
Regular

March 2003
gze got 4 cars on my 20v ???? Tue, 15 July 2003 01:21 Go to next message
Mad not happy gze with little front mount and pully got 4 cars on my 20 valve on the weekend, what u all think?
my car isn't running that good but i didnt think it was that bad.
what should i look at for more power?

(both ae92 seca's)
  Send a private message to this user    
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: gze got 4 cars on my 20v ???? Tue, 15 July 2003 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
neat 20valve wrote on Tue, 15 July 2003 09:21

Mad got 4 cars on my 20 valve on the weekend, what u all think?
(both ae92 seca's)

Could you repeat that in some form of english? Confused
neat 20valve
Regular

March 2003
Re: gze got 4 cars on my 20v ???? Tue, 15 July 2003 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha Sorry (coronamark2)
a 4agze got 4 car lengths on my 20 valve on the 1/4 mile.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon2.gif  Re: gze got 4 cars on my 20v ???? Tue, 15 July 2003 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nothing you can do about it if you're talking quarter mile.

If you want to beat him, then get both cars on the track and you'll spank him silly.
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: gze got 4 cars on my 20v ???? Tue, 15 July 2003 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well get a big front mount crank up the boost put some slicks on it then see whos boss Cool
neat 20valve
Regular

March 2003
Re: gze got 4 cars on my 20v ???? Tue, 15 July 2003 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so there is nothing i can do Sad there has to be something
after market comp, adjustable cams, bigger exaust after stock headers,
maybe even a little turbo or sc ????
i dont want to spend big $$$ i just want to be able to give a gze a far go!! Very Happy
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon2.gif  Re: gze got 4 cars on my 20v ???? Tue, 15 July 2003 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coronamark2 wrote on Tue, 15 July 2003 12:05

Well get a big front mount crank up the boost put some slicks on it then see whos boss Cool

Kinda hard cranking up the boost on a 20V don't you think? Wink

neat 20valve wrote on Tue, 15 July 2003 12:06

so there is nothing i can do Sad there has to be something
after market comp, adjustable cams, bigger exaust after stock headers,
maybe even a little turbo or sc ????
i dont want to spend big $$$ i just want to be able to give a gze a far go!! Very Happy

From what I remember from our dyno days, GZEs tend to make 70kW whilst 20Vs make about 64kW. The difference though is in the torque, the GZE has shitloads more of it. And that's why GZEs spank 20Vs silly over the quarter.
Aftermarket computer won't really do anything unless you mod other bits of your engine.
Bigger cams will just make the torque difference bigger so you'll be at an even bigger disadvantage in the traffic light GP.
Same goes for the exhaust (how big is your current one?).

Turbo and SC are possible, but not recommended on a 20V. If you were going that route, it'd be better to start all over again with a GZE...

Just be happy that your engine actually likes to rev. Smile

And, as I said, take both cars out on the track, and you'll see who will have the big smile at the end of the day.
neat 20valve
Regular

March 2003
Re: gze got 4 cars on my 20v ???? Tue, 15 July 2003 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks(nark)
my current exhaust is 2in from cat back, not sure on what cat is on it, its not stock and its a bit clogged, the only other thing is its all in a csi (i know its all i could afford)so my cut out isn't at 8200 but am currently setting up a magnetic read switch to try to give the computer a signal.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: gze got 4 cars on my 20v ???? Tue, 15 July 2003 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2" is fine. Largest I'd go for a 20V is 2.25" unless you're doing big mods or racing on a track.

Cutout is controlled by the ECU. I'm assuming you're using the 20V ECU?
neat 20valve
Regular

March 2003
Re: gze got 4 cars on my 20v ???? Tue, 15 July 2003 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah but because its in a csi it was carbyed that means no digital spedo out put for the ecu, i have found a simple way from another 20 v owner to trick the ecu into thinking that there is a speed signal,

quote:
All I did was cable tie two magnets to the driveshaft (the long shaft in the middle that doesnt move with the suspension) and then attach a magnetic reed switch next to it with one wire going to earth and the other going to the purple and white wire on the 12 pin plug connecting to the ecu. You need to use a multimeter to test the switch is in the right position so it opens and closes as the driveshaft spins. I was bodgy and just used a little bracket and some wire to put the switch in the right spot.

The reed switch activates when the magnets pass it and sends the signal or pulse to the ecu. The ecu gets two pulses for every wheel rotation and this is how it determines your speed. In fact i bet you could probably use one magnet. For your info factory speed sensors send 4 pulses per rotation

Now because the ecu thinks its getting a speed signal it will allow the car to rev past its previous rev cut to one that is a bit higher.

You shouldnt be revving the engine this much but if you couldnt before, and your like me and wanted to, know you can. Also i dont think this will effect the speed cut either as the ecu will think the car is going 1/2 the speed in theory. Im not going to test this out anyway, someone else can if they want to.

The idea with magnets and a reedswitch came from Phil Bradshaws webpage. Hope this helps people who have this problem. Me and my AE92 have even more fun now.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon2.gif  Re: gze got 4 cars on my 20v ???? Tue, 15 July 2003 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah. Wasn't aware of that problem! Smile

What about the speedo signal out of the gearbox?
neat 20valve
Regular

March 2003
Re: gze got 4 cars on my 20v ???? Tue, 15 July 2003 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All i know is that the dash off a carby has no signal out-put
for the purple-white wire on the 16 pin ecu to connect to.
this way there is a signal given to the computer
until i find a full sx seca interior to do un up grade with, then i will have a digital out-put.
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: gze got 4 cars on my 20v ???? Tue, 15 July 2003 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CSI or SX dash would fix your problem, but still dont expect the 8200 cut off with the speedo input, lots of cars still dont get the cut off after its hooked up
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: gze got 4 cars on my 20v ???? Wed, 16 July 2003 20:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
umm... i seem to have a problem here:
Quote:

yeah but because its in a csi it was carbyed

Er, correct me if i am wrong - but AE92 CSi came with a 4A-FE! That is an electronic fuel injection motor. Perhaps you mean CS or CS-X?

Either way, the reed switch and 2 magnets trick works a treat, since i gives you a 360km speed cut and the higher RPM limit.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon10.gif  Re: gze got 4 cars on my 20v ???? Wed, 16 July 2003 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm.. That totally slipped by me!

The 'i' in CSi stands for "injection"... hehe
neat 20valve
Regular

March 2003
Re: gze got 4 cars on my 20v ???? Thu, 17 July 2003 00:21 Go to previous message
mmmm its got me, maybe it was injection, not sure as the motor was in it when i brought it.

i will have to try harder to trace the cut-out wire from the ecu to where eva it runs, and go from there.
thanks for everything people,

regards Craig.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:most amazing let-off by police officer ..
Next Topic:202 VH beat down by choked 18RG
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 22:32:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049610137939453 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.