Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
dispatcher
Regular

July 2002
HELP !! GEAR WON'T ENGAGE Thu, 31 July 2003 03:47 Go to next message
Hi there all, recently went thru a conversion on a GX60 Cressida by putting in a 1G-GTE, dashboard and all, after everything i got it started at 1 crank made sure all gauges on the instrument panel works, SAD part as i depressed clutch to engage 1st, it didn't happen. THE ONLY ! thing i can think of is the clutch went in the wrong way, springs on the inside of the flywheel, tried fidgetting with the slave pump etc, nothing, so about to drop the g/box and peek inside, Any of you with ideas feedback please.

Thanks a million
  Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: HELP !! GEAR WON'T ENGAGE Thu, 31 July 2003 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Get under the car and watch the clutch fork while a friend operates the clutch. If it moves as expected, you'll have to drop the gearbox and see what's happening. Putting the clutch plate in backwards is certainly a possibility... I did exactly that last time I installed a clutch. Embarassed
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: HELP !! GEAR WON'T ENGAGE Thu, 31 July 2003 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha damn straight Laughing

does it make any noises at all?
dispatcher
Regular

July 2002
Re: HELP !! GEAR WON'T ENGAGE Thu, 31 July 2003 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No noise, clutch went in right the first time, going to swap pressure plate this time, oh, forgot to mention flywheel lighter by 1kg and the face where clutch sits was warped. Has been skimmed. Could that be the cause ???

cheers
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: HELP !! GEAR WON'T ENGAGE Thu, 31 July 2003 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it possible that the gates in the gear box have been knocked out of place, what you have to do is remove the shifter and use a screwdriver to place the gates into the right position and then reinstall the shifter and hopefully if that is the pob, all will be good
justin
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: HELP !! GEAR WON'T ENGAGE Fri, 01 August 2003 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it the clutch that doesn't work or the gears? It sounds like the clutch.

First I would get under the car and make sure you know what is going on. Is the slave cylinder actually pushing the clutch arm.
If it does, is there plenty of pressure on the lever, or can you push it fairly easily by hand. Answer these questions and you will know whether you need to pull the box or not.

Is there plenty of fluid in the reservior?
dispatcher
Regular

July 2002
Re: HELP !! GEAR WON'T ENGAGE Fri, 01 August 2003 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm, Fluids (doink!) Guess what, not a drop of Oil in the box,Could this be the cause ?? if even with fluids and it doesn't go in, the gates sounds like a possibility. Or else have to take both the master and slave cylinder and re-install and bleed the buggers, Will update you all later.

cheers
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: HELP !! GEAR WON'T ENGAGE Sun, 03 August 2003 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good luck
dispatcher
Regular

July 2002
Re: HELP !! GEAR WON'T ENGAGE Tue, 05 August 2003 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here's the latest on the G/box. Installed added fluids, and guess what gear would go in. But now when i release the clutch, there's still a half pedal feel to it. I can actually take my foot of the pedal and stomp the brake (like an auto)engines idles at 850rmp. And when i floor the throttle ? it only moves at 10-15 kmh. The flywheel face on where the clutch goes was machined to smoothen the surface as it was warped. same amount machined off at the centre where the 6 studs go in. Do i need to machine the cover as well ?? So today i take the f/wheel,cover,studs/nuts and clutch back to the machine shop and hope it gets fixed. Any indeas please !!!!.......

cheers
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: HELP !! GEAR WON'T ENGAGE Tue, 05 August 2003 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well it sounds like your problem is with the installation of the clutch or pressure plate. You either have a cracked pressure plate or the clutch has been installed incorrectly. Either way you have a fun job ahead of you.
dispatcher
Regular

July 2002
Re: HELP !! GEAR WON'T ENGAGE - PROB SOLVED Thu, 07 August 2003 04:39 Go to previous message
Thank you all so much for your ideas and feedbacks, It was actually a simple problem. The F#@%*#@ pedal. I used the slave/master pumps from the Supra including the pedal. The pedal hit the floor board sooner, not giving the master pump to 'push' fully the piston.Went back to original set up and the car ROCKS now.

Somemore happy driving coming my way.

cheers
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Cam Differences
Next Topic:18rg clarifications, solexes & fuel
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 03:15:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0040519237518311 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.