Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » bodykit choice??????ae92!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
rockinrolla
Occasional Poster

July 2003
icon6.gif  bodykit choice??????ae92! Sun, 03 August 2003 04:14 Go to next message

bodykit choice??ae92[ 23 vote(s) ]
1.widemouth 13 / 57%
2.heat 10 / 43%

hey trying to decide on which front bar to buy out of the newstyle widemouth and heat front bars?????as per below!what ur opinion? (for those not into the rice look.need not apply) Laughing

widemouth:
http://www.newstylemotorsport.com/toyota/Cor_AE92_F.jpg
heat:
http://www.newstylemotorsport.com/toyota/Cor_Ev5_F02.jpg

Send a private message to this user    
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: bodykit choice??????ae92! Sun, 03 August 2003 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've never really liked the Newstyle bars...

But out of those choices, i'd have to say the "Heat"...
The widemouth looks craptastic...
hotrolla
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: bodykit choice??????ae92! Sun, 03 August 2003 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much do they both go for?
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: bodykit choice??????ae92! Sun, 03 August 2003 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would'nt have a clue dude, go to the Newstyle website and e-mail them...

Have a look around for some other companies that make front bars for AE92's... Steer clear of X Racing tho...
rockinrolla
Occasional Poster

July 2003
Re: bodykit choice??????ae92! Sun, 03 August 2003 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah the front and rear bars go for $400 each, and side skirts are $350 a pair, frieght is anything up to $250,
im thinkin heat after seen this car!
http://members.iinet.net.au/~lsweeney/register/049/neil.jpg
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: bodykit choice??????ae92! Sun, 03 August 2003 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WOW!!! It's wierd how a different colour and rods can change the bar's look so much...

Heat all the way...
St3ve_AE92
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: bodykit choice??????ae92! Sun, 03 August 2003 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mad

they all suck!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
swankiedude
Regular

March 2003

Re: bodykit choice??????ae92! Sun, 03 August 2003 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You wont have a problem with trying to find a AE92 bar from X-racing anyway rollaboy. The only bar they do for AE92's is the widemouth bar shown at the top and all they do to it is put a few aluminium rods in it. It looks shit and they dont even make the bar. They dont do side skirts or anything for AE92's.

rockinrolla: Go the "heat" bar. I hate the widemouth.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: bodykit choice??????ae92! Mon, 04 August 2003 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why do you need something like that?
Do you need that much air in order to suffer the increase in weight?
SXI16V
Regular

June 2003

Re: bodykit choice??????ae92! Mon, 04 August 2003 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
steve i totally agree with you
they all look pretty crap Twisted Evil
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: bodykit choice??????ae92! Mon, 04 August 2003 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Conventionally I would pick the widemouth...but it'd have no point, and doesn't really suit the car anyway.
rockinrolla
Occasional Poster

July 2003
Re: bodykit choice??????ae92! Mon, 04 August 2003 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(for those not into the rice look.need not apply)

some ppl cant read!!!!! Cool

gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: bodykit choice??????ae92! Mon, 04 August 2003 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will you be decking it out with neon's as well? Razz

imo they both look crap. I'm sure there are better front spoilers out there
rockinrolla
Occasional Poster

July 2003
Re: bodykit choice??????ae92! Mon, 04 August 2003 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well no theres not alot of options for the ae92!

well so far i have done every thing to my rolla by myself, including :
my 4agze conversion complete
stereo,install, including , sub box fabrication
made my own custom front mount, and polished stainless pipe work ,cut a hole in the front bar for the f/mount! other stainless work through out the car,
painted the dash and heatwer surrounds white, !!!
which sums up that i like gettin in and havin a go at all my own mods, (not payin somebody else to do all the hard work!,sitting back on my ar-se and complaining it costs to much, )

http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/23772/p/403639_5926181103198770113_v.jpg

now!!!! paint work is totally screwed, with crows foot cracks almost all over the car! so i will be having a go at respraying the intire car as it is, including the body work,complete change of colour, wit the guidence from my old man!

i want to put a bodykit on my car ,(also fitting at home), so it stands out from other cars, and to also provide better air flow to the from mount as ,stated by some body before, !!! so i dont have to have the bar ive got , whicxh looks like a rats chewed it out,

i have saved the money for the kit and will cost $1500 by its self , then add an extra $500-$600 for paint, and labour is only time!
so as i will be respraying the car , now is the best time to fit a kit !!!

all i was asking is, if u were to get either of these kits which would u pick, (if u had to then, put it that way!)
not , niether, none, or a different one, they ar ugly, turd, or crap, .....just asking other ppls opinion to choose one or the other, its not that hard????

neways thank you for all those who have replyed, so far!

theres my $1.55c worth!
rockinrolla
Occasional Poster

July 2003
Re: bodykit choice??????ae92! Mon, 04 August 2003 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well no theres not alot of options for the ae92!

well so far i have done every thing to my rolla by myself, including :
my 4agze conversion complete
stereo,install, including , sub box fabrication
made my own custom front mount, and polished stainless pipe work ,cut a hole in the front bar for the f/mount! other stainless work through out the car,
painted the dash and heatwer surrounds white, !!!
which sums up that i like gettin in and havin a go at all my own mods, (not payin somebody else to do all the hard work!,sitting back on my ar-se and complaining it costs to much, )

http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/23772/p/403639_5926181103198770113_v.jpg

now!!!! paint work is totally screwed, with crows foot cracks almost all over the car! so i will be having a go at respraying the intire car as it is, including the body work,complete change of colour, wit the guidence from my old man!

i want to put a bodykit on my car ,(also fitting at home), so it stands out from other cars, and to also provide better air flow to the from mount as ,stated by some body before, !!! so i dont have to have the bar ive got , whicxh looks like a rats chewed it out,

i have saved the money for the kit and will cost $1500 by its self , then add an extra $500-$600 for paint, and labour is only time!
so as i will be respraying the car , now is the best time to fit a kit !!!

all i was asking is, if u were to get either of these kits which would u pick, (if u had to then, put it that way!)
not , niether, none, or a different one, they ar ugly, turd, or crap, .....just asking other ppls opinion to choose one or the other, its not that hard????

neways thank you for all those who have replyed, so far!
and no there will be no neons!
theres my $1.55c worth!
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: bodykit choice??????ae92! Mon, 04 August 2003 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, my opinion from those two pictures is, going against the grain here, the widemouth. I think it looks tougher for sure. With the respray, are you going to rub it back and do the whole 9 yards or just a quickie? Cause that is probably one part that you want to either be 110% sure you can do the best job or get a pro in, cause the paint job is imo 90% of what makes a nice car look so nice.
rockinrolla
Occasional Poster

July 2003
Re: bodykit choice??????ae92! Mon, 04 August 2003 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nope it will be back to the bare esentuals for sure, , back to metal!
rockinrolla
Occasional Poster

July 2003
Re: bodykit choice??????ae92! Mon, 18 August 2003 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey whats the go about , staying clear of x racing, ??? somebody said, !

has someone had a bad experience, dealing with them!
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: bodykit choice??????ae92! Mon, 18 August 2003 13:19 Go to previous message
The top one looks like an air induction kit for a Star destroyer , the second looks like a WRX rip off

Either gets thumbs down - but if i have to choose id probably take the widemouth..

( ive seen ae92's that look much slicker with modified factory bars but then again - its not my cash )

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Current shape Supra Aerotop
Next Topic:18rg Manual
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:10:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052990913391113 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.