Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TUB-11Y
Regular

February 2003

1JZ-GTE , looking for a FCD Sun, 03 August 2003 10:13 Go to next message
ok, since installing my straight tru exhaust and my dump pipes on my JZX90 i been hitting boost-cut. i have sitting here infront of me a Turbosmart electronic fcd which i was going to install on my mazda mx-6 but reconsidered. i have spoken to a couple of different ppl and they have recommended the HKS FCD.

my question is which is best and easiest to install??

thanx, Luke
  Send a private message to this user    
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZ-GTE , looking for a FCD Sun, 03 August 2003 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you sure you're hitting boost cut ?
Auto or manual transmission ?
How old/new are the spark plugs ?

There are several other things it could be other than boost cut (just trying to narrow the problem down).
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZ-GTE , looking for a FCD Sun, 03 August 2003 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Does anyone here who has a 1j with twin pipes run a FCD? I hear of quite a few people running 17-18psi and was wondering if a FCD is required?

Also, from what i hear, a FCD tricks the ecu into thinking there is less air coming in and therefore the ecu will put in less fuel and make your car run lean. IMO i would stay away from them.
TUB-11Y
Regular

February 2003

Re: 1JZ-GTE , looking for a FCD Mon, 04 August 2003 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it is definatly hitting boost-cut, i watch the gauge rise to 15psi and all i have done is the exhaust. it is in my JZX90 Chaser auto . one thing it could be is wastegate creep, i hold 10psi steadily til about 5-5500rpm then it goes up to 15psi then the engine basically stops then starts and the engine warning light comes on for about 5secs

Luke
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZ-GTE , looking for a FCD Mon, 04 August 2003 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm using a VFCC from TRL Performance on my 2JZ-GTE. It's working really well, and according to the dyno runs I've done the engine is not going lean even at 18psi. The VFCC allows you to still have boost cut but move the threshold to a higher boost pressure, eg 19psi, to prevent engine meltdown when you reach the limit of your injectors.
http://www.trlperformance.com/main.html

Quote:

The OVERBOOST feature allows the user to raise the Fuel Cut point so that you don't loose the engine safety mechanism. But this time you're in control!
You can even turn it off as well so it will function as any other fuel cut device.

It works on lots of Toyota engines including the 1JZ-GTE, and it's a snap to install - just 4 wires. Mine cost about $200 brand new including shipping from the UK.
TUB-11Y
Regular

February 2003

Re: 1JZ-GTE , looking for a FCD Tue, 05 August 2003 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanx Norbie, i will have a look at that website.

does anybody know if the TURBOSMART FCD will work?? i have one sitting here
HedgehogSandwich
Regular

May 2002
Re: 1JZ-GTE , looking for a FCD Tue, 05 August 2003 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The TRL VFCC wont allow you to raise the boost cut on the 1J, just remove it - since the boost cut and the MAP limit is the same ie 1bar.
If you have a map sensor that reads higher than the boost cut (eg 2JZ) then the overboost facility will work okay.

The only thing you can do with a standard 1J is have the boost cut clamp the signal a tiny fraction before the 1bar limit.

Having said that, Petes units from TRL are very good, they seem the best FCD's out there at present. I picked one up from him at the weekend.

[Updated on: Tue, 05 August 2003 11:01]

1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 1JZ-GTE , looking for a FCD Thu, 07 August 2003 00:48 Go to previous message
most likely will be selling my HKS FCD soon.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:18rg clarifications, solexes & fuel
Next Topic:celica gt4
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 02:06:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054049491882324 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.