Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Track Talk » Ever written of a car?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Jaxe
Regular

July 2003
Ever written of a car? Tue, 12 August 2003 02:21 Go to next message
This has probably been done before, so sorry - I'm just wondering if anyone has written a car off and how did you do it?

I wrote my old '85 Magna off twice. Bought back the "scrap" from the insurance company the first time, fixed it up and off I went until the 2nd time when the scrap wasn't worth it. Confused

The 1st time an ambo flew through a red light without even slowing down. I had no chance at stopping in time and plowed into the new Falcon in front (with nice new braked no doubt).

The second time was all my fault. After a hard day at work, I was driving over to my G/F's for dinner. I remember thinking "Jeez, there's a lot of cars around tonight" then then I found myself in the back of one of them. Not nice. I missed out on a roast dinner. Embarassed

Just a side note: my sister has hit 2 parked cars because she drove off with the sterring lock on. It must be genetic. Laughing

[Updated on: Tue, 12 August 2003 02:25]

Send a private message to this user    
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Ever written of a car? Tue, 12 August 2003 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2 parked cars?
women!

both my brothers have written off cars.
both of them were into trees. one was unlisences and underage, the other had a blood alcohol reading of 0.315 while on his P's - more than 10 times the legal limit.

me? I've had a close call or 2, but never cause anyhting beyond a scrape or a cracked bumper to any of my cars
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Ever written of a car? Tue, 12 August 2003 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my brothers wrote of 2 cars his Vh commo doing snakeys up a hill lost it and ripped the back end off (very big palm tree), the other time was when i was in the car he was trying to take a round about at 100kmh in a gemi didnt happen front end mashed a tree the side got fkd by a wall.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Ever written of a car? Tue, 12 August 2003 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
remind me never to get in the car with your brother.

I do crazy stuff, but I stay in control (mostly) and minimise risk (even though other people think they're gonna die)
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Ever written of a car? Tue, 12 August 2003 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah he's a bit of a madman behind the wheel. He works at a Perfomance exaust place but they do heaps of other performance stuff, i dont think the customers would want him driving there HSV's if they new some of the things hes done in his car's.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Ever written of a car? Tue, 12 August 2003 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my brother destroyed my lovely 81 Bluebird with adjustable steering, freezing a/c and 78k only on the clock on Pennant Hills Rd. into the wall underneath the big fence blocking off the Golf Course near the M2. I will scan some piccies in when I can, but he totally destroyed the car and was lucky not to be injured himself. Was rainy, and in the evening, but damm he destroyed it! Sad

Police, neg driving whole deal
wizzfizz2097
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Ever written of a car? Tue, 12 August 2003 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rear ended a sonata in my corona, pushed the radiator back onto the block. that lady was not happy. 3 points and a fine.
my car written off, theirs needed a new bumper Sad but now i have the camry and i'm so glad
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Ever written of a car? Tue, 12 August 2003 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hit a stobie pole head on at 70+k's an hour in a 1983 mazda 323 and got out completley uninjured
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Ever written of a car? Tue, 12 August 2003 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
according to this thread's subject...

"Once upon a time there was this car. It enjoyed life and it's owner cared for it very much. To this very day it drives around Epping powered by 98 Octane petrol and Australian air. - the end."
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Ever written of a car? Tue, 12 August 2003 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was gonna eb a smart arse too rob, but I figured I'd let the typo/sp go unmentioned Smile
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Ever written of a car? Tue, 12 August 2003 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wrote off my Swift but not my fault...

I had a woman try a 3 - point turn right infront of me...

It hurt a shitload as I fractured my skull in 2 places due to the MOMO steerer...

I'll get some pics up when I get around to it...
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Ever written of a car? Tue, 12 August 2003 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You were going to WHAT Draven? I can't quite make out that word.

"I was going to ...." some strange combination of letters there.. Evil or Very Mad
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Ever written of a car? Tue, 12 August 2003 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Derr...
"I was gonna eb a smart arse too rob..."

Change the letters around...

EB = BE...
Makes:
"I was gonna be a smart arse too rob..."

Laughing Laughing Laughing ...

Sorry but I just had to eb a smartass Razz Razz Razz ...
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Ever written of a car? Tue, 12 August 2003 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ooohhhhhh I GET IT NOW.

Very Happy we so silly
Jaxe
Regular

July 2003
Re: Ever written of a car? Tue, 12 August 2003 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heh Laughing

I didn't notice the typo in the topic..

I want you guys to write children's story books about your cars.. no really..

DeViL rOlLa
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Ever written of a car? Tue, 12 August 2003 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont think there is enough room here for the amount of accidents/cars ive written off. plus u guyz would all come over to my house and bash me cause of all of the were toyota's, corolla's to b precise
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Ever written of a car? Wed, 13 August 2003 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hence your name devil rolla.... LOL i like it.... why couldnt they have been nissans damn it
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Ever written of a car? Wed, 13 August 2003 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the 'rollas deserved it. I'd buy you a beer Smile

most of my stories would involve scaring slow people (old ladies and l platers) and racing (and beating) much faster cars than me

although I dont get to do that any more
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Ever written of a car? Wed, 13 August 2003 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rear ended a dato 180b at around 80 k's at night, centre lane, hume highway. In my first car, 68 landrover.

Funny part was he was parked changing a flat! We had to pick him up and carry him to the footpath as he was crouched at the wheel at the time. No lights on family of seven in the car at the time (while jacked up, yes they were foreigners).

To say he was a little shaken up is an understatement, though to the dato's credit no one else was hurt.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Ever written of a car? Sun, 07 September 2003 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Back in the days when me and my bro were Holden boys I had a clean VK Commodore which some c*nts slole. I assume that its written off?

Also, my bro had his VP Berlina rear ended by some bitch named DEBRA LEVIQUE, who had a 0.13 BAC. My bro's car got pushed into the back of a black Pugeot 306 so both ends were rooted.

Stupid DEBRA LEVIQUE was drunk so her insurance wouldn't pay up. Neither would she. I mean the car was valued at $7500 and she only paid up $3000. We are waiting a year before we go torch her new Astina SP20 so the cops don't make a connection. Evil or Very Mad
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Ever written of a car? Sun, 07 September 2003 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL ...I won't tell.... shhhhh
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Ever written of a car? Mon, 08 September 2003 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Sun, 07 September 2003 22:43

We are waiting a year before we go torch her new Astina SP20 so the cops don't make a connection. Evil or Very Mad

And so was that a good idea to post this up on the internet???
benen
Regular

August 2003
Re: Ever written of a car? Mon, 08 September 2003 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
too fast round a corner in the wet, found a tree. Believe me, i've learned my lesson, that was some scary shit!

http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~bhuntley/images/crash1.jpg
http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~bhuntley/images/crash2.jpg

[Updated on: Mon, 08 September 2003 13:22]

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Ever written of a car? Mon, 08 September 2003 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fark
you did a better job than me by a long way! and I found a rock wall
benen
Regular

August 2003
Re: Ever written of a car? Mon, 08 September 2003 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arrg, if only it were something good that i could be proud of lol. Like doing a better job of making a car fast, not break one going fast
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Ever written of a car? Tue, 09 September 2003 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On the bright side, it was only a Magna Smile
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Ever written of a car? Tue, 09 September 2003 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man, I'm gunna have to post up my pics of my Swift...
Shteeve
Regular

July 2002

Re: Ever written of a car? Tue, 09 September 2003 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah my first car looked even a bit worse than that magna. fell asleep for half a second, woke up, swerved, hit a tree sideways.. then 2 fences, then jumped over a third and landed in someones front yard. the only straight bit on it was the fuel filler panel!!

luckily it was only a dodgy old pulsar Very Happy
benen
Regular

August 2003
Re: Ever written of a car? Wed, 10 September 2003 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the worst bit is my 6'4" friend was sitting in the back, for some reason he ducked, if he didnt he wouldnt have much of a head left. I felts fkn awful about it.

[Updated on: Wed, 10 September 2003 02:51]

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Ever written of a car? Wed, 10 September 2003 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fark dude.
I leave my crazy stuff to when there's only me to get hurt
benen
Regular

August 2003
Re: Ever written of a car? Wed, 10 September 2003 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arg, it wasnt like that. I dont drive crazy ever, only on dirt in my shitty 85 ex-magna lol.it was just an unfortunate accident. Theres no way in hell id drive crazy with a mate in the car. If i kill myself thats one thing, not really that big a deal but if i kill a mate and survive i couldnt live with msyelf.

[Updated on: Wed, 10 September 2003 02:54]

alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Ever written of a car? Wed, 10 September 2003 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

i dont even like driving on dirt roads if someone else is in the car.. because i go apeshit when im on the dirt roads..

alltho i do have some awesome video somewhere i should realy upload.

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Ever written of a car? Wed, 10 September 2003 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, I'm of the same mentality benen
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Ever written of a car? Wed, 10 September 2003 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

We are waiting a year before we go torch her new Astina SP20 so the cops don't make a connection.
Quote:

And so was that a good idea to post this up on the internet???

Of course I wouldn't really torch her car, maybe just ding it up a little. Laughing Nah, it's just damn annoying that people think they can drink drive and then walk away leaving an innocent 18 year old student to pick up the pieces. Mad Mad Mad Mad
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Ever written of a car? Thu, 11 September 2003 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fairy nuff...

I finally have the pics of my Swift...
A woman attempted a 3 point turn right infront of me and I ended up in the side of her car Shocked Shocked Shocked ... The blood on the door is from my head - the majority of ppl know the scar on my forehead... I also fractured my skull in two places and my back and right shoulder comstantly are hurting now... They have been for over a year and a half now...

So yeah, thats my story...

http://www.totalrpm.com/carimages/Rolla%20Boy-lsfw.jpg
__________________________________________________ _______________
http://www.totalrpm.com/carimages/Rolla%20Boy-tlr8.jpg
http://www.totalrpm.com/carimages/Rolla%20Boy-Te2n.jpg
http://www.totalrpm.com/carimages/Rolla%20Boy-4IJU.jpg
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Ever written of a car? Thu, 11 September 2003 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WHOLEY DUCKS NUTS!

thats brutal dude,
Shocked

how fast were you goin when ya hit?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Ever written of a car? Thu, 11 September 2003 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow
tops anything I've managed
tho my brother can top it Smile
quick
Regular

June 2003
Re: Ever written of a car? Sun, 14 September 2003 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea after i got over the shock and realised that my dad didnt want to kill me and was glad that i was alive im kinda proud of what i did.......i had a car-on-car in a toyota landcruiser and i really really wish i had some photos of what the others guys HYUNDAI EXCEL now looks like.......

p.s. does any body here know what a piano accordian looks like

-landcruiser has been fixed and its all good

-one more excel off the road-
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Ever written of a car? Mon, 15 September 2003 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rolla boy did you sue the bitch or what?

you could get some serious $$$ out of her insurance.

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Ever written of a car? Tue, 16 September 2003 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, already have got around $40,000 worth so far... Still going for more...

And the next one should be around $10,000 to remove the scar...
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Ever written of a car? Tue, 16 September 2003 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
holy crap man Sad
benen
Regular

August 2003
Re: Ever written of a car? Tue, 16 September 2003 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow, that rips the ass off of my effort. looks like ur lucky to be alive and deserve every cent u get out of her. There was a lot of blood in mine too but only mine. I split the top of my head open somehow, still dont know what on but the scar is on the top of my head. I wear a necklace and the blood ran down onto it and around my neck. My mate thought i had split my neck open. I think you and i both are very lucky to be alive let alone walking.
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Ever written of a car? Wed, 17 September 2003 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think thats a pretty fair statement! Confused
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Ever written of a car? Wed, 17 September 2003 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benen, you could say that... I am extremely lucky that I am alive... I'm still consistant on the belief that the safety catch on my seatbelt failed cause I was sitting right back and my head made extreme contact with my MOMO race steerer... It fractured my skul in two places and now I suffer from memory loss and yeah, a big scar...

My entire face was covered in blood, it was all through the car and I found bits of skin and blood when I took the steering wheel apart to clean it all up...
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Ever written of a car? Thu, 18 September 2003 13:52 Go to previous message
Hint to anyone out there, if you get a MOMO wheel (and I don't suggest you do in a road car), make sure you get the collapsible bracket for it, and that it is E3 standard (or something like that). You'll still hit the wheel in a road car (even with a good seat-belt) but it'll give a little, and if you are in a really *really* big accident, it'll crush your internal organs less - which helps out the surgeons later on Smile

I personally feel that every car should have proper harnesses, but it's a little too inconvenient and messy for most. Plus they say something about "spinal compression" in accidents but I'd rather spinal compression than head/skull compression.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Drift Crashes
Next Topic:Any one know??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 21:38:17 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0094349384307861 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.