Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » The New Cruise Dude ! :)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  The New Cruise Dude ! :) Tue, 09 July 2002 05:35 Go to next message
Guys and Girls,

The cruise scene is an important part of the Toymodders culture and it gives me great pleasure to announce the new Toymods Cruise Dude ! Grin

Bigworm (aka Joel) has been an active part of the Toymods car club for a while now and will be helping the club out by organising an official Toymods cruise every month.

If you have any suggestions or want to help him out in any way drop him a line. Joel will be acting with the support of complete Toymods board so please show him the courtesy that comes with that and we can all look forward to a healthy revival to the Toymods Cruise scene.

Hopefully with Simon bringing us a monthly event and Joels monthly cruises we will see alot more fun for the wider Toymods community Smile

Regards,

[Updated on: Sat, 31 August 2002 07:06] by Moderator

Send a private message to this user    
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The New Cruise Dude ! :) Tue, 09 July 2002 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Rod.

G'day everyone, as Rod said, if anyone has any suggestions for destinations let me know, I'm very keen to get planning for the next cruise underway.
I just hope I can do as good a job as the board members we have do, thanks for your support guys.

If anyone wants to contact me, my mobile no. is 0403 441 141.
Otherwise leave suggestions here, the more the merrier.

Also, as it gets back into summer, I reckon I'll be keen to revive the weekly cruises, I've been through 2 summers with no car on the road, so I'm hanging for this one.

So here's to safe driving and lots of it. Cheers.
Ribbo
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The New Cruise Dude ! :) Tue, 09 July 2002 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
great work Joel good to see u keeping toymods alive Nod
Pumpkin
Regular

Toymods Board Member

September 2002
Re: The New Cruise Dude ! :) Wed, 10 July 2002 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Congratulations Joel... Good luck !!
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: The New Cruise Dude ! :) Wed, 10 July 2002 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, well done Joel.

I'm looking forward to getting out and about some more too. Smiley =
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: The New Cruise Dude ! :) Wed, 10 July 2002 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good work Joel... Company boy now eh??? Hehehehe... I think it'll be sik now... Cruises once a month is a sik idea...
thunderbird1
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The New Cruise Dude ! :) Thu, 11 July 2002 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice work Smile ... Toymods needs a hang out, like a club house. Need to find a kebab place that we can take over Smile

Luke
troyboy
Regular

May 2002

Re: The New Cruise Dude ! :) Thu, 11 July 2002 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet idea there Luke..

I think we should have a meeting spot on a particular night each week...like a petrol station on pacific highway... or Maccas

like each saturday night pacific highay at 10:00pm

who ever is there... go for a drive..

TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The New Cruise Dude ! :) Fri, 12 July 2002 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think a long weekend trip up to Port Macquarie. Stay there Saturday night. Very nice up there. Long drive on the freeway is always good too.
Could start in Syd and meet the Central Coast and Newcastle people on the way.

Joel
thunderbird1
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The New Cruise Dude ! :) Fri, 12 July 2002 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
with enough notice i'd be in for that... miss the road trips. And a small town other than newcastle and wollongong is always fun to hoon around for a weekend. They don't know what hit them Smile

Luke
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: The New Cruise Dude ! :) Sun, 21 July 2002 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A small town eh??? Such as Cowan near Brooklyn... I think we would be able to fill up 6 streets...
87seca
Regular

May 2002

Re: The New Cruise Dude ! :) Sun, 21 July 2002 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
come to wagga!!!SmileSmile teach all these bastards here a thing or 2!!

Re: The New Cruise Dude ! :) Mon, 22 July 2002 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joel its brad with the sno plow rolla the cruiz to palm bech(almost) was awesome even though i almost wrote my car off but keep up the good work,keep it up

zjez10
Regular

July 2002
la perouse Mon, 22 July 2002 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
la perouse would be a good place for fella members to meet up Smile
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: The New Cruise Dude ! :) Tue, 23 July 2002 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That was a great day, the cruise to Palm beach was great. Lets do it again and hopefully i'll have a real car than and not dad's camry.
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The New Cruise Dude ! :) Tue, 23 July 2002 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So I spose a long-weekender to Ballina is out of the question? Sad
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: The New Cruise Dude ! :) Thu, 25 July 2002 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would soooooooo totally be up for a cruise to ballina!

ive done that drive about 6 times now, and i can say its gotta be the best drive come summertime.. nice and warm and plenty of stop-off places to crash a night and get boozed up!
PLUS!! ballina- not far from Byron= sex & drugs! haha

well if someone wants to do a cruise that far id be in for it! else the port macquarie idea is tops! book out the caravan park for a night or two and smash it up at the HOTEL!!
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The New Cruise Dude ! :) Thu, 25 July 2002 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am definately up for a weekend get away up north!!!! Kinda getitn tired of driving south for all croozes etc! hint hint bigworm ! Laughing

Something that doesnt cost the bloody earth, where we can crooz around, crash at a caravan park, meet all the locals with their 6 fingers and 4 toes, get trashed at a local pub, then come home all ready and revived for the upcoming week! Cool

Re: The New Cruise Dude ! :) Thu, 25 July 2002 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Port Maquarie is good, there is a strong street car scence there too!!

I'm told there a few guys up there who like to organise "events", LOTS of fun !!

matt

rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The New Cruise Dude ! :) Thu, 25 July 2002 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like a plan!!!

I'm willing to help organise if help is required. I am very keen!! Maybe in September sometime!? Go up for my Birthday in September! Grin

If help is needed drop me an e-mail:
rvrolla@yahoo.com.au
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The New Cruise Dude ! :) Thu, 25 July 2002 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Up here the 'street-car scene' is based in Lismore - very much like Woodville Rd or North Parramatta Maccas on Thursday nights. I don't think it gets quite that rowdy up here. Still plenty to look at, cars in Lismore, babes in Ballina and even hotter ones in Byron. Grin

They've improved the road heaps up here since this time last year. I can do the F3 and up to Ballina with 2-3 stops in just on 8 hours, 9 if you wanna sight-see or fit-fart around.

Some ideas to kick around if y'all ever inclined to venture this way... Idea
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: The New Cruise Dude ! :) Fri, 26 July 2002 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
okie dokie!!!

im liking all the ideas being trown around here!!
personally myself... i think that for a long weekend it should only be up to port maquarie, since then you dont lose so most of a day just in driving.
I went up there after chrissy last year, stayed at the local caravan park in the centre of town and got well boozed during the LOOONG nights. And yes there is a bit of a car scene up there! so we could certainly join in...
its also cheap, nice girls (lots of em), young crowds, fairly laid back, and not tooo far from old sydney town!

i rekon its a goer for the october long weekend myself!
HSV_gal
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The New Cruise Dude ! :) Fri, 26 July 2002 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys... remember there is the odd girl in the club to...... gotta remember some good lookers for us too!
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: The New Cruise Dude ! :) Fri, 26 July 2002 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't worry HSV_gal.. In any seaside town there's bound to be a bunch of good looking local surfy guys..

Damn - if that's the case, what hope would I have with the local gurls... Cry
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The New Cruise Dude ! :) Fri, 26 July 2002 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon a cruise up the coast is a great idea, but I reckon we plan it for either november/early december, or save it for the new year......
If someone can scout out some potential motel/hotel/caravan parks, we can get things rolling.
HSV_gal
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The New Cruise Dude ! :) Sat, 27 July 2002 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah guys i was only fooling.... if this goes ahead in Nov/Dec... this little black duck is gonna be as big as a house and prob not really up for any entertainment anyway... if you know what i mean.... Rolling Eyes
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: The New Cruise Dude ! :) Mon, 29 July 2002 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i forget the name of the particular caravan park in Port Mac... but its the one RIGHT ON the breakwall, and its pretty cheap, has powered and non-powered sites, REAL close to the pubs and is generally pretty cool!
i really want to see this happen so lets get some interest going hey?
Heyah
Regular

July 2002
Re: The New Cruise Dude ! :) Tue, 20 August 2002 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heyah go for a relaxing cruzz to the hunter wineries !!!
beutiful atmosphere for a bbq and beer! kik a ball n sink some piss!!! great surroundings and good service, the local boys will show u where to go! matter a fact ive got it now!
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: The New Cruise Dude ! :) Tue, 20 August 2002 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also up at the hunter i know of the best dirt track, twists up a hill side and got the best hand break turn corner on it very nice hehehe but i have another idea which is way away from what has been spoken about so far and that is organise like a corperate day at eastern creek karting raceway as i'm sure you would get enough numbers to do it and all day racing neck to neck in go karts would be great. they also supply lunch and everything
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The New Cruise Dude ! :) Thu, 22 August 2002 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go the KARTZ!!! That's not such a bad idea either - my sister's house is in Minchinbury so it's right next door to the Creek. Line up all the attending cars in the carpark for a photo shoot and then onto the serious bizz of kicking arse around the track! Grin

Does anyone remember Village Raceway in Prospect?? I was so sorry to see that place vanish... there was only two of those locations in the world, and when it was there I was privileged to live near one of them, considering the other was located in Hawaii. Sad

I don't think I've been Kart Racing seriously since, and that was well over 10 years ago. Fark, long time between drinks.

If you guys can't make it up here, I may as well see if I can get down there, so I'm up for it - anyone else?

PS: I'm going to update my info in the User's/Member's cars section sometime this week, so if you're interested in what it's like to modify a RAV4, check it out. Smile
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The New Cruise Dude ! :) Fri, 23 August 2002 16:33 Go to previous message
Off-topic, but my RAV4 page has been updated in the NSW forum member listing section. Some nice pics of new mods inside and out - starting to come together nicely.

Cheers. Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:how many people for Celica/Toyota Cruise?
Next Topic:Anyone else entering the CCCQ show and shine on sat???
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Sep 30 19:32:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0077741146087646 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.