Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » What the deal with you fella and 'ricers' ?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
AuthorTopic
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What the deal with you fella and 'ricers' ? Sat, 16 August 2003 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't know why people get offended by it, if people add body kits & big wings & massive tips & neons etc for their own pleasure/amusement whatever, then why worry about what other people think?
Why be annoyed or dissapointed by other people having different taste?
This's something I've said before on these forums, if we all had the exact same attitudes & opinions on everything, we'd all be driving around in identicle bright orange RA-23 celicas, and that wouldn't be much fun would it? Smile
  Send a private message to this user  
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: What the deal with you fella and 'ricers' ? Sat, 16 August 2003 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
biased99 wrote on Sat, 16 August 2003 20:30

I'm happy for anyone to "pick apart" my post (above), should they feel so inclined...(This assumes that said poster actually has a VALID argument...)

i never have a valid argument Laughing
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: What the deal with you fella and 'ricers' ? Sat, 16 August 2003 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh btw.. heres what i mean:

http://board.performanceforums.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=630756
^ stupid Very Happy
SCO-77K
Regular

January 2003
Re: What the deal with you fella and 'ricers' ? Sun, 17 August 2003 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha thats some funny shit!

I'm a bit of a ricer i guess tho, Iv got snap-on seat covers, 17" chromies and a momo gear knob Laughing
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What the deal with you fella and 'ricers' ? Sun, 17 August 2003 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
every now and then someone trots that damn picture out to remind me of the atrocities mankind is capable of
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: What the deal with you fella and 'ricers' ? Sun, 17 August 2003 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That pic is to take the piss out of ricers, like u guys did at teh 2f2f drive in.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What the deal with you fella and 'ricers' ? Sun, 17 August 2003 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well yeah

but I've seen an excel (or similar little shitbox) with a t-wing that started on the boot and came up above the roof
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: What the deal with you fella and 'ricers' ? Sun, 17 August 2003 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think i'll sum up what i have to say in two sentences.

Joel and Rod have struck a nugget of truth, and i agree 100% with their view as would almost any Toymods Financial Club Member (generally speaking).

Rice is just another person's big single turbo, HKS manifold, aftermarket ECU, 1g-gte conversion or hilux diff upgrade - just another way of doing what they want to their car.
Bitza
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Re: What the deal with you fella and 'ricers' ? Sun, 17 August 2003 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You could always use this product to solve the problem.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~clynch/dericer.jpg
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: What the deal with you fella and 'ricers' ? Sun, 17 August 2003 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I think there is a little ricer in every one of us....come on search your inner self, you know he wants to get out and make your car beautiful Very Happy

Me, well where does the list start, It would have to be the immitation Momo shift knob and wheel, That wood look can be pretty slippery with sweaty palms ( Embarassed Rolling Eyes ) but it looks cool with the dash.

Oh and dont forget how I swapped the 14in ROH allows for some sexy 16in Borbet copies. They are a fair bit heavier but look fantastic.

And yes I do drive a mass produced Japanese built 4 banger. I guess I should go and hang my head in shame.

Sorry Rod but I just had to get another Members view on this thread, It was getting sooooooooo interesting. Maybe we should move it to the Tech section Razz
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: What the deal with you fella and 'ricers' ? Sun, 17 August 2003 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what actually qualifies you as a financial member?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What the deal with you fella and 'ricers' ? Sun, 17 August 2003 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joining the actual Toymods club.

See here: http://toymods.org.au/membership.html
swankiedude
Regular

March 2003

Re: What it really means to be a Toymodder ! Sun, 17 August 2003 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Sat, 16 August 2003 07:52

Ahh but the car also has a shit hot 2tg turbo on the way , a custom gearbox setup , a swapped diff and has the Go to match the looks rod ( when the motor ever gets done ) If you consider your car as ricey - im sorry rod , but ill have to confiscate it for the greater good of the toymods community * chuckle *

So does this mean that some1 can do whatever they want to their car within reason and it wont be labeled "rice" as long as they have a tough engine on the cards as well. If this be the case then just by looking at a car in the street, how would you be able to tell if it doesnt have the go to match the looks or if the person has a conversion planned???
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: What the deal with you fella and 'ricers' ? Mon, 18 August 2003 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, I think its also in attitude as well, cause you could be driving around in a 'non-rice' car but your attitude would make it rice, ie. thinking that your lancer with a R Evolution kit on it could take on say an SS commonwhore.

Note: I don't think the Lancer R-Evolution is rice, but the attitude of the driver could make it rice. I do think its stupid however, as the only lancer's imho that should have kits on them are the proper Evo's Smile
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What the deal with you fella and 'ricers' ? Mon, 18 August 2003 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cars that have balls can still be rice.

just look at some of the veilside mkiv supras Smile
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: What the deal with you fella and 'ricers' ? Mon, 18 August 2003 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ouch, now there's a harsh broadside Smile and I liked that gullwing supra too Wink
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What the deal with you fella and 'ricers' ? Mon, 18 August 2003 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I do too! I love most of the veilside kits

doesn't change the fact that most of them are way overdone and ricey Smile
CheeseCake_Bandit
Regular

May 2002
Re: What the deal with you fella and 'ricers' ? Mon, 18 August 2003 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, i'm so stoked that so many people replied to a somewhat touchy subject, but after reading half the replies i know the diff between a ricer and performance, so those japanese, what are they classed as, like after reading ALL the posts (fark there was a lot) its clear that to not be a ricer go performance and fark the rest, so what about those Jap's, the shit they do to car performance wise is outrageous, yet everything you said about being a ricer, they incorporate onto there car as well, so are they a hybrid of performance-ricer ?

But till, i see nothing wrong with shoving neon lights under or in the car, having accessories, or making my car look a little better, so what if i don't go all out for an engine conversion, i don't care thats my business, i prefer BIG audio systems then going fast, if i wanted a fast car to hoon in i would buy a fast car.

Oh well, doesn't worry me, i still love my toyota ^^*
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What the deal with you fella and 'ricers' ? Mon, 18 August 2003 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pft
you haven't seen the japs do weird till you see waht they do to their minivans

crazy, crazy stuff. there's a name for it, but basicall huge deep dish rims, completely rediculous body kits, stupidly big sound systems, and anything else you can imagine
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: What the deal with you fella and 'ricers' ? Mon, 18 August 2003 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://users.bigpond.net.au/eh_holden/assets/images/rice1.jpghttp://users.bigpond.net.au/eh_holden/assets/images/rice2.jpg
http://users.bigpond.net.au/eh_holden/assets/images/rice3.jpghttp://users.bigpond.net.au/eh_holden/assets/images/rice4.jpg
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: What the deal with you fella and 'ricers' ? Mon, 18 August 2003 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
with those kind of aerodynamics, those vans have gotta be fast! </extreme sarcasm>
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: What the deal with you fella and 'ricers' ? Mon, 18 August 2003 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they look like transformers

ROBOTS iN DISGUISE!

optimus prime Laughing Laughing

they have definatley got rice
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: What the deal with you fella and 'ricers' ? Mon, 18 August 2003 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that aint rice.... thats the jetsons with wheels!
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: What the deal with you fella and 'ricers' ? Mon, 18 August 2003 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
funnily enough, I don't actually mind the look of those blatently over the top vans. Probably because they make no apologies about what they are designed for, and have no intention of setting the drag strip alight. I wouldn't cruise around town in one, and def not over any speedbumps Smile but for what they are, they are pretty cool. Almost like a modern day japanese sandman
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: What the deal with you fella and 'ricers' ? Mon, 18 August 2003 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am this close to buying some neons , just to say " Yeah bitch , I got rice. "

Laughing
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: What the deal with you fella and 'ricers' ? Mon, 18 August 2003 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I love those Jap Vans... They are phat...
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What the deal with you fella and 'ricers' ? Mon, 18 August 2003 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Swankie - Im expresing my humble oppinion on what I think is rice ..

to me rice is taking mums excel/lancer/corolla , whacking some stupid lairy looking bodykit on it that resembles the batmobile , a set of wheels that are way too big and could probably be seen from the moon on , and exhaust tip big enough to hide small children in - THEN going out onthe street thinking your king shit and that your car can take on a formula one and " smoke it "

To me - Rods ta22 is a work of art - its combination of modern motor and classic lines - bar for the wheels and a few other visual enhancements the car still retains its ORIGINAL classic looks - it doesnt need anything added to it to make it " cool " in my books ..

its not all for show - its got the right stuff under the bonnet where it counts ..

Oppinion same goes for modern cars like suprras/rx7's etc that have tasteful bodykits and mechanical work thatmakes my jaw drop in awe .. I love Showcars like the " top secret supras and Gtr's " Id Kill for a Jun tuned car , and i know my Gt4 will never ever be as well built as any of these cars becaise they have been built with such attention to performance and looks

A car can be tastefully done up without totally making it look like something a 3yo kid would draw with crayons .

rice to me is exhberance to the " why the hell would you do that " extent.

Anyway - once again - its my oppinon - i can defend that - though if anyone here loves starwars on lancers - good on you - just dont try and take on a real performance tuned car - cause you'll be laughed at and your "image" will be tarnished..

[Updated on: Mon, 18 August 2003 13:38]

boudan
Regular

June 2003
Re: What the deal with you fella and 'ricers' ? Mon, 18 August 2003 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Isnt it more about - "Its not how you stand next to your car... Its how you race / drive it..."

Where im from RICE is... A: Standing in a car park with mummy or daddys daily driver or B: Driving like a dick head (read: racing in daylight, suburban streets, between red lights etc.)
flashlaser
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: What the deal with you fella and 'ricers' ? Sun, 26 October 2003 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hoho

soon ppl will be too scared to do anythign to their cars because it'll be classified as rice

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: What the deal with you fella and 'ricers' ? Sun, 26 October 2003 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.wackyweaselworld.com/gamespot/flameINC/TS23.jpg
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: What the deal with you fella and 'ricers' ? Mon, 27 October 2003 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now I REALLY couldnt be bothered reading this whole thread. Really way too long, but this is my view.

Each to his own I say. If "ricer boy" wants to do up his car, then fair enough. Let him do up his car. Who am I so say he cannot. Of course I will oblige him by burning him at the lights every time, but that is his choice to go with looks and not performance.

My personal opinion is that if you want looks, you need to have performance to go with it. If your car is going to be "fully sik bro" you need to get it "fully sik" under the hood before anywhere else.

My thoughts anyway. I dont think we should jump on them for making their cars look good. That is their choice, performance is ours.
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What the deal with you fella and 'ricers' ? Mon, 27 October 2003 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This thread was doing really well, why the hell must we revive it?
Please, let this thread dissapear, it's been discussed enough.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: What the deal with you fella and 'ricers' ? Mon, 27 October 2003 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha things we would prefer to forget! Smile

Quote:

Of course I will oblige him by burning him at the lights every time

good call... I think I'll stop posting here now Sad

Rest in Inconspicuous Anonymity oh Thread...
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What the deal with you fella and 'ricers' ? Mon, 27 October 2003 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hate to keep this thread going, but I must say:

boudan wrote on Mon, 18 August 2003 23:56

Isnt it more about - "Its not how you stand next to your car... Its how you race / drive it..."

Where im from RICE is... A: Standing in a car park with mummy or daddys daily driver or B: Driving like a dick head (read: racing in daylight, suburban streets, between red lights etc.)

by that rationale, a guu in a gt-40 who was going for it in daylight would be a ricer?!

driving like a dickhead has nothing to do with rice, no does mums daily driver (unless it has stickers etc)
VuVu
Regular

August 2003

Re: What the deal with you fella and 'ricers' ? Mon, 27 October 2003 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The driver doesn't make a car rice... its the car itself
i rekon rice is nething having to do with lancers and excels and mummies cars.. that has non performance enhancing modifications such as stickers and neons..
basically you wouldn't call a WRX with neons a full ricer because WRX's are quite fast.. even stock ones...
stickers n shit are alrite.. as long as the car it is on has a bit of go in it... although some are distastefully done..
peace
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What the deal with you fella and 'ricers' ? Mon, 27 October 2003 02:10 Go to previous message
Ok, if no one can let it die.......
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic:2J power upgrade - 1200hp kit
Next Topic:rwd inlet manifold and exhaust manifold
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:37:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0076358318328857 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.