Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Rear Demister & Hazards in a TA23(with pics)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
icon6.gif  Rear Demister & Hazards in a TA23(with pics) Wed, 20 August 2003 03:49 Go to next message
Heya all,

Well I've had my TA23('76) for a few weeks now, these may sound silly questions but I cant figure these out.

Firstly do TA23's have a rear demister, my rear windscreen has those wire bits going across is and a wire attached to something that runs behind the backseat, but I cant find a switch for it anywhere.....is it hidden? Or could the rear windscreen possibly have been replaced from another newer model celica that has a rear demister.

Also hazard lights, not that I ever use them that much at all, but did TA23's have hazards(I'd assume yes...), I do have a hazard looking thing on the steering column but it doesn't really appear to move at all, is there any secret too it?

Anyway now that I'm done embarrising myself I'll stop Laughing

Oh one more thing, got a leak in my brake lines(somewhere...) any gueses as to what it'd costs to the brake lines replaced and new brake fluid.

[Updated on: Wed, 20 August 2003 04:39]

Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Rear Demister & Hazards in a TA23 Wed, 20 August 2003 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes all Celica's have rear demisters. On my RA23 the switch is just below the HVAC controls.

Yes of course there are hazard lights. From memory you have to pull the switch up to make them work.
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Rear Demister & Hazards in a TA23 Wed, 20 August 2003 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats a Rodger rubber ducky
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Rear Demister & Hazards in a TA23 Wed, 20 August 2003 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yay! I so didn't think to pull that thing out, I pushed it, tried to move it sideways....damn I'm stupid Embarassed Embarassed As per the demister there isn't anything around the HVAC stuff(I'm assuming thats all the fan/heater stuff), anyway...heres some pics of my dash....if you can see it then well....I'm impressed...

http://alchemist.bshop247.com/cars/dash.jpg
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Rear Demister & Hazards in a TA23 Wed, 20 August 2003 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The demister on mine is just right of the stereo i can see theres a switch there but that might be the one for the a/c
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Rear Demister & Hazards(sorted) in a TA23(with pics) Wed, 20 August 2003 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yea thats the A/C switch unfortunately....
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Rear Demister & Hazards(sorted) in a TA23(with pics) Wed, 20 August 2003 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The wiring is probably still there it will be behind the a/c switch somewhere i think.
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Rear Demister & Hazards in a TA23(with pics) Wed, 20 August 2003 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, I'll have abit of a dig around behind there on the weekend, there are alot of wires not doing alot there so...
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Rear Demister & Hazards in a TA23(with pics) Wed, 20 August 2003 05:49 Go to previous message
Yup, you'll probably find the demister switch got sacrificed when the stereo was installed. The wires will be there for sure though... from memory it's a 3-pin plug.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4AGE Oxegen sensor + Extractors?
Next Topic:K-Mac strut-tops on ra28/23
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Jun 2 04:29:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0075860023498535 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.