Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Miscellaneous » solex twin carbs & 2tgeu injection(no ecu)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
poida
Regular

July 2002
solex twin carbs & 2tgeu injection(no ecu) Sun, 14 July 2002 04:00 Go to next message
Hey guys, i wont be needing these so if anyone wants them mail me. Shocked
  Send a private message to this user    
batesy
Regular

May 2002
Re: solex twin carbs & 2tgeu injection(no ecu) Sun, 14 July 2002 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does the twin solex carbs come with the inlet manifold???
I'm in adelaide and i really need some carbs for my 2TG Smile
Also how much u want to sell them for?

poida
Regular

July 2002
Re: solex twin carbs & 2tgeu injection(no ecu) Sun, 14 July 2002 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just the carbies sorry, they have linkages but these are from an 18rg i think, i want $80 for them,the diaphrams worked last time i checked, squirt fuel out of the jets. If you want to buy a complete set, sleeka spares seem to have quite a few sets. I saw some carbs from an import motor and they looked pretty clean. They go for about $200 -$150 for the older type.
batesy
Regular

May 2002
Re: solex twin carbs & 2tgeu injection(no ecu) Sun, 14 July 2002 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(I saw some carbs from an import motor and they looked pretty clean. They go for about $200 -$150 for the older type.) <-- Is this for the 2TG???
Also i'm not sure if the 18rg shit is compatable with 2TG? (someone can clarify that for me if i'm wrong Smile
poida
Regular

July 2002
Re: solex twin carbs & 2tgeu injection(no ecu) Sun, 14 July 2002 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have been told that these carbs will work fine on both engines.(Fours and More) Although i have noticed different numbers on the jets, im unsure whether a larger no. denotes a larger jet. They both look identical, apart from the different linkages and bolt straight on. You will need 2tg linkages.

[Updated on: Sun, 14 July 2002 10:01]

IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: solex twin carbs & 2tgeu injection(no ecu) Sun, 14 July 2002 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you want $80 for them consider them sold, how do i get in touch with you to pay for them and pick them up?

I take it these are the 40mm type yes?
Syc02T
Regular

July 2002
Re: solex twin carbs & 2tgeu injection(no ecu) Mon, 15 July 2002 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
18rg and 2tg are the same design as each other but the 18rg inlet studs are about 5mm longer, just enough to piss ya off
poida
Regular

July 2002
Re: solex twin carbs & 2tgeu injection(no ecu) Mon, 15 July 2002 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am in SA so i guess it be easier if you could actually see them. How would i get them to you?
inferno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: solex twin carbs & 2tgeu injection(no ecu) Mon, 15 July 2002 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if the deal falls thru with IRA11Y i'll take em.

and how complete is the efi manifold, and how much would you want for it?

[Updated on: Mon, 15 July 2002 04:06]

poida
Regular

July 2002
Re: solex twin carbs & 2tgeu injection(no ecu) Mon, 15 July 2002 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The injection has been removed straight from my 2tgeu, it is complete minus the ecu. All the injectors,wiring and even the original plugs for elictrics are there. I want $110 for the injeciton, wreckers want $200 and it wasnt even complete. I want $80 for the carbs, but there is no manifold. Shocked
inferno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: solex twin carbs & 2tgeu injection(no ecu) Mon, 15 July 2002 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kewl! like i said i'll buy the solexs for $80 if IRA11Y doesn't take them since he got in first.

i'll take the injection gear for $110. does it have the choke connected, or the cold start injector?

[Updated on: Mon, 15 July 2002 09:38]

IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: solex twin carbs & 2tgeu injection(no ecu) Mon, 15 July 2002 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Get them to me? easy wrap them up and post baby post Smile

But first i need to make sure they are what i think they are, if you measure the internal diameter of the throat it should be 40mm, I also assume they are sidedrafts yes?
poida
Regular

July 2002
Re: solex twin carbs & 2tgeu injection(no ecu) Mon, 15 July 2002 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No probs so give us you details, phone no i'll give you a call, you can come and see the goods. Not sure about the cold start injector, i havent touched the setup. Are you on optus, im at work at the moment but i can give you a call later. The carbies: i assume they are 40mm's that is what they came with? They are side drafts. Pete

[Updated on: Tue, 16 July 2002 00:52]

inferno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: solex twin carbs & 2tgeu injection(no ecu) Tue, 16 July 2002 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok i've sent you an email, should be able to look at it this arvo is your not busy.
cheers
rob.
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: solex twin carbs & 2tgeu injection(no ecu) Tue, 16 July 2002 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im not sure what they came with as Ive never owned a celica Smile but I have what I believe as the same set here (solex mikuni's) and they are 40mm, could you please run a ruler over them and get a rough measure Smile I really need to make sure as im buying your set for a second engine Smile

you can contact me via email IRA11Y@hotmail.com

or call me 0438 817 333

Ill give you my address once you have contacted me confirming the throat size Smile
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: solex twin carbs & 2tgeu injection(no ecu) Thu, 18 July 2002 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peps,

On the side of the carbies there should be a red sticker with a part number, Something like 21100-88220 and 21100-88221. (thats the 2TG ones anyway)

The 18RG carbies and the 2TG carbies are actually a slightly different distance appart so 18RG carbies WILL NOT bolt straight onto a 2TG. You will need to change the linkage system that connect the two together.

IRALLY,
If you go ahead with grabbing these and they are not the right ones give me a yell Smile

If anyone is interested I have a Factory 18RG carby manifold here no linkages $100 !
email me on thetoyman75@hotmail.com
poida
Regular

July 2002
Re: solex twin carbs & 2tgeu injection(no ecu) Fri, 19 July 2002 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont think the stickers are there anymore, the degreaser has reomved them when cleaining.

What about the jet sizes, are they diffrent (2tg and 18rg), and the are both carbs 40mm's? or 38mm's, yeah i mentioned that the linkages are different. Anyway guys i think its easier for me to sell them to someone in SA.

How different are the manifolds for both engines, are the heads very different?
What di the number denote on the jets? bigger no. larger jet size?

Thanks for the infoand advice, the injections has been sold too. Catch ya, Pete

[Updated on: Fri, 19 July 2002 11:11]

IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: solex twin carbs & 2tgeu injection(no ecu) Sat, 20 July 2002 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude!!! Im in adelaide till 6:30am tomorrow (sunday) morning call me urgently!!!

BTW Rob hope you enjoy the new car Wink

[Updated on: Sat, 20 July 2002 10:49]

Pumpkin
Regular

Toymods Board Member

September 2002
Re: solex twin carbs & 2tgeu injection(no ecu) Sun, 21 July 2002 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pete,

Heads and Manifolds have a different spacing of around 5 - 10mm.

If your worried about the postage issues I look after a Sales office in Wingfield and can arrange freight to NSW for Micheal from there.

Regards,

Rod
(TheToyman75)
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: solex twin carbs & 2tgeu injection(no ecu) Sun, 21 July 2002 07:54 Go to previous message
Thanks Rod but he allready sold them to Inferno (rob) so no need for postage now Neutral

[Updated on: Sun, 21 July 2002 07:56]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Turbo Timer - Cheap
Next Topic:7M-GE F/S
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Oct 9 08:25:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0087718963623047 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.